Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Surprise
 
Sarah wrapped her coat around her body tighter as she walked briskly down the sidewalk in heels. She was surprised that Trowa hadn't called which didn't bother her since he was performing tonight. Crystal was walking two feet in front of her almost running in her heels. Duo hadn't called either, which bothered her more than anything. Crystal still wasn't 100% convinced that they didn't know anyone, but Trowa. It was impossible after all these years.
 
“Crystal if you keep walking like this then Duo will know that you were running!” sighed Sarah, jogging up to Crystal's speed now. “We changed clothes twice already and at different spots! If anyone is following us through an airport and three different subways then they are much better than us. I don't think they know where we will at all.”
 
“Duo always calls!” protested Crystal nearly jogging across the street ignoring the cars that slammed on their breaks.
 
A few drivers honked, two whistled which Sarah responded by smacking her ass and kept going, and others rolled their eyes and sped up after they made it to the other side. Crystal was now one block away from her apartment while Trowa's apartment was a few blocks over. Apparently nothing was going to calm Crystal down until she saw Duo breathing and fine.
 
“Maybe he had a few beers and fell asleep,” suggested Sarah trying to calm her down. How does a girl kill another girl then be horribly worried about someone else? Be a little more professional!
 
Crystal produced a set of keys out of nowhere. She pulled off her wig and tucked it into a hidden pocket on the inside of her coat. Her once long black hair was now her blond hair. She didn't wait until she was in the building to change hair. Sarah pulled off her blond, short wig and tucked it inside the hidden pocket. Her dark hair was now visible in the dark, streetlights. They walked inside the building and Crystal nearly ran to the elevators if it wasn't for Sarah who grabbed her arm to keep her cool.
 
“Calm down,” whispered Sarah. “Take a few deep breaths!” She pressed the elevator UP button and waited.
 
Crystal nodded and they stepped inside once the doors opened. They stood calmly as the doors closed then acted. They had told Trowa and Duo that they had to stay late tonight then would hit one of the bars. Sarah lit up and blew smoke into Crystal's face as Crystal did the same and got out a flask. Crystal took a small shot as she snuffed out her cigarette. Sarah took a quick shot then finished her cigarette. She'd been trying to stop smoking for Trowa, but wasn't quite there yet.
 
The elevator doors opened to a quiet floor. Sarah and Crystal calmly walked out of the elevator and down to the room. Crystal then carefully checked the door, saw that the kitchen light was still on at almost eleven at night, and opened the door. The assassins' eyes quickly combed the room looking for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing. Everything seemed normal…..so far.
 
Crystal walked inside and glanced wherever she hid her guns in this house. Sarah looked around hoping to find a passed out Duo on the couch or something.
 
“Duo?” called Crystal. “I'm home.”
 
No answer.
 
Crystal tensed and grabbed a fork from Duo's dinner that he had left out on the table. Sarah raised an eyebrow as Crystal took a step forward.
 
“You're going to kill someone with that?” whispered Sarah, unbelievable.
 
Crystal threw her hands up in the air. Well what the hell am I suppose to do? She mouthed.
 
Sarah shrugged and crept forward towards the bedroom. “BAAAH! AAAH!!” Crystal then screamed and Sarah quickly turned around blushing. Duo had jumped out of the bedroom, completely naked with a loose blue tie around his neck, with his arms forward as to scare Crystal. He blinked a flew times seeing Crystal pointing a fork at him like she was going to throw it at him. Duo's hands then slowly covered himself and blushed.
 
“Uh-well-uh-um…..hey?” was all Duo could say. “Um…hunny why do you have that fork?”
 
Crystal sighed of relief, tossed the fork onto the table, and smiled. Sarah knew that that smile was a relief smile, but to Duo it looked completely different. Crystal walked over to him, kissed him briefly, and pushed him into the bedroom.
 
“Are you going to call a cab Sarah?” asked Crystal throwing her coat to the floor.
 
Sarah, still facing the wall, said, “No. You kids have fun. Bye.”
 
“Bye Sarah.”
 
“BYYYYYYEEEE SAAAAARRRRAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” called Duo.
 
Sarah smirked and left the apartment. From inside the apartment she heard Crystal protest, “Duo! I'm not even undressed yet!!!!!” Sarah hid her laughter and went to the elevators. She sighed of relief knowing that maybe the other pilots were safe, but then again her pilot wasn't. She left the apartment building and briskly walked to Trowa's apartment. How did they know about Trowa and not the others? It didn't make any sense. Nothing did anymore.
 
Within minutes she was in her elevator waiting for the third floor to arrive. She walked off and went down to the room. She checked underneath the door seeing only a faint glow of lights. Trowa always kept a light on if she was coming home late, but then again he left it on when he knew he wasn't going to be home until late also. Sarah checked the door. It was locked.
 
She unlocked the door and peered around. She checked her gun hiding places with quick glances. Everything was in the place even the overhead light above the sink was turned on. Trowa's in bed then, she thought. She walked back to their room and flipped on the lights. Trowa wasn't in bed. She froze and did a quick search as she took off her coat and slipped off her heels. No one had been in the apartment.
 
She walked back into the kitchen and flipped off the light. She heard a soft groan and heard a pillow fall onto the floor. Sarah walked over to the coach and turned on the lamp overhead. Trowa, still in his clown uniform, was passed out on the couch.
 
Sarah sighed of relief knowing that Trowa was completely okay. She got down on her knees and let her finger trace the half painted face. His face twitched and his hand swatted at her. He then muttered something and rolled over.
 
“Hey Trowa,” she soothed. “Hey wake up baby.”
 
He moaned again and Sarah rubbed his white cheek. He opened one green eye and glanced back at her. He shifted and rolled back onto his other side kissing Sarah.
 
“How was work?” he muttered closing his eyes again.
 
Sarah softly smiled rested her hand on his cheek. “Overwhelming as usual. How was your day?”
 
Trowa yawned and pulled Sarah on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her as Sarah nestled her face into his chest. Flack vests, guns, knives, and bombs had made her feel safe, but this was something entirely different. This felt like Heaven. No worries about killing whoever, making sure no one saw her, or getting herself killed. All she had to worry about was keeping herself on Trowa as she fell asleep.
 
Trowa played with her long silk hair. “The same,” he sighed. “Flipping in the air, falling towards death, Cathy throwing junk at me. The normal.”
 
“Hmmm.”
 
“How was the bar?”
 
Sarah shifted on top of him. She was now drawling circles on his chest with her finger. “It was okay. Crystal and I are really becoming friends.” She paused now wiping off more paint. “What's with the face paint?”
 
“Our show finished at ten-thirty and I left before clean up. They told me to go home since I was in the clinic for such a long time. “ He then chuckled to himself and flipped Sarah's hair. “One even said to go back to my family. Apparently he was new and thought I had kids.”
 
Sarah giggled and looked at Trowa's sleepy face. Her chin rested on his chest staring up into his green eyes.
 
“Gotta love the new folks,” she muttered. “C'mon. Let's go to bed. I'll get a rag and wash your face.”
 
She sat up, but Trowa pulled her back down. She sighed, closed her eyes as she tightened her grip onto him, and soon fell to sleep. Trowa stayed, barely, awake and sat up pulling Sarah into his arms. He picked her up, then carefully placed her in bed, and went to wash his face. He left his clown clothes as he climbed back into bed, pulling Sarah up against his chest and fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hey everyone!!! Thanks for reading. I hope you all like it so far. I'd really like it if you made a review comment PLEASE????? I'm begging you just to put it's k or whatever. Thank you again! Wait for the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I promise. It'll be enjoyable.