Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Phone Calls ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Phone Calls
 
Sarah and Crystal were sitting in the back of one of many Victor's private cars to take them to his office. They had ditched the bikes in separate places before calling Victor who had heard about the shooting on the news. Crystal now sat calmly next to Sarah simply looking out the window. Sarah's phone went off; it was Trowa.
 
“Hello,” she answered.
 
“Hey Sarah did you make it to work okay? I heard about the shootings once I got into work today and they said it happened where you and Crystal always go by.” His voice was calm like always, but Sarah knew he must be freaking out on the other end.
 
“Actually we're on our way to work right now. Crystal puked this morning, so we stopped in a café and called Mr. Ect. He was so kind to send us a car.”
 
Trowa sighed of relief. “Thank God. They said about four people died and one girl civilian died.”
 
Sarah smirked to herself. She was glad that they had gotten all of the bikers that Zeon had probably sent after them. “Hang on-Crystal thank God you puked this morning!” Crystal raised an eyebrow at this then looked at the phone. “I'll tell you later.” Sarah then said to Trowa, “But that's horrible how that girl died. What kind of shooting was it? Gang? Drive-by?”
 
“Drive-by, I think.”
 
In the background Sarah could hear, “Yo Trowa! You're up next! Stop talking to your girlfriend and get your ass out there!!!!”
 
“Sorry Sarah but-“
 
“I know. See you later on today. Bye.”
 
“Bye.” Trowa hung up and Sarah closed her phone.
 
“Did he see you?” asked Crystal as Sarah pocketed the phone.
 
“If he did he's going to ignore it. He was worried about me getting to work all right.”
 
“That's nice of him. Too bad Duo couldn't call and ask.”
 
“Duo's probably out in a scrap yard without a radio,” muttered Sarah. Her phone went off again. She pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. “It's Heero,” she muttered.
 
Crystal shrugged. “Don't answer it. He's probably going to chew you out for killing that guy on the sidewalk in front of everyone.”
 
“Hmm so true,” said Sarah and answered, “I'm busy Heero.”
 
“Shooting someone on the sidewalk after they shoot you is pretty bold,” said his monotone voice.
 
“He shot first.”
 
“How did you sneak out the vest without Trowa noticing?”
 
“Simple. He doesn't have to rip off my clothes every morning like you.”
 
Heero groaned on the other end. “Be careful. Same to Crystal as well.”
 
“Will do.” Sarah hung up the phone. “Heero just called in to say that we made a bold move out in public.”
 
“They started it,” muttered Crystal.
 
The car pulled up to the curb and Sarah and Crystal got out of the car and went inside the building. They passed the normal business employs that never looked at them. They got into the elevator crammed with ten other people and rode up to Victor's main office floor. By the time they got up there they were the only ones in the elevator. They walked out and saw Ann sitting peacefully at her desk typing something up. She looked up at them.
 
“Good morning Sarah. Crystal.”
 
“Morning Ann,” said Crystal. Sarah waved at her. “Is Victor free?”
 
“Yes. He's been waiting for you.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
They walked inside Victor's office where he sat idly at his desk. He looked up at them and frowned.
 
“Who shot the one on the sidewalk?” he asked once Sarah closed the doors.
 
“I did,” said Sarah and sat down in front of Victor's desk. “My bad, but I hate it when people shoot me.” Sarah held up her shirt with a bullet hole in it.
 
Victor looked at Crystal. “Then I take it you were the girl biker knocking people off into the streets?”
 
Crystal nodded. “They shot at me. Plus we're telling Zeon not to fuck around with us.”
 
Victor sighed and leaned back in his chair. “Change into completely different clothes and go home different ways. Crystal you can go join your husband and Sarah go join your target.”
 
Sarah frowned. “How about boyfriend or sex slave?”
 
“What if Zeon comes after you?” asked Crystal.
 
Victor stood up and straightened out his suit jacket. “I'm changing offices for now. Don't worry Ann knows how to use a gun quite well. If I need you I'll call.”
 
Sarah and Crystal stood up. “Yes, sir.”
 
As they changed clothes Victor left and took Ann up to a different office. They left the building in normal civilian clothes. Crystal, in tight jeans, a blouse, and a black jacket with a dark blue beanie. Sarah in tight jeans, a tank top with a long sleeved shirt over that, and a thin jacket. Once outside the building Crystal went in the direction of the downtown area, stopped after a few blocks, called a taxi and went to the scrap yard. Sarah walked towards the shopping area, went to the very heart of the malls and other stores, called a taxi and went to the circus.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone, I hope you like the story so far!!! If not, I'm sorry and hopefully it'll get better if you leave comments. Also for those out there who like House MD, I do have a fanfic about that now hence I haven't updated this in what seems like forever. So take a look.