Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Not Retiring ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Not Retiring
 
Sarah and Crystal waited outside of Victor's new office space. There were ten different offices that Victor could change between. Each was sound and bulletproof walls, windows, ceilings and floors making it impossible to kill him. Today Ann was wearing the light bulletproof vest as she busily typed at her computer. Very low and soft music came from her computer. Amy was inside Victor's office telling him that she was retiring from the business. She had returned with a shattered leg, dislocated shoulder, and her left eye was now almost blind.
 
“How do you think Victor is taking it?” whispered Crystal.
 
Sarah shrugged. “He wont be angry at all. Amy could've died, but she returned, so he'll just let her go. Plus he does have a soft spot for women. Look at us and Ann.”
 
Crystal nodded biting her lower lip. “He wont be too happy when he finds out about me.”
 
“I don't think he believed that you would stay single forever without having sex. And remember we've been working for him since we were thirteen. He loves us.”
 
Amy limped out with a cast leg, an arm in a sling, and her hair now cut in a way to cover up her left eye. She looked over at Ann who weakly smiled at her.
 
“Be careful Amy.”
 
“Thanks.” She now looked at Sarah and Crystal. She limped over to them as they stood up. “It was great working with you. Saturo. Kamiya.”
 
Crystal hugged Amy tightly. “You'll be fine Bree. You wont ever have to work again.”
 
Amy nodded then Sarah hugged her. “If you ever need anything call us. Retire somewhere warm and cheap. Small house, too. Got a good lie?”
 
Amy nodded. “War wound,” she answered. “Good bye.” She limped away and left the building.
 
Sarah and Crystal then walked into Victor's office. Sarah closed the doors as Crystal went up to the desk. Victor looked between them. Sarah joined them at the desk.
 
“Please tell me you both aren't going to retire,” he stated.
 
“Actually it's sorta like that,” muttered Crystal.
 
Victor looked between Sarah and Crystal again. They weren't sitting down instead they looked down on him.
 
“You're quitting or going to kill me. If you're quitting I'll offer you more money than the other-”
 
“Nothing like that,” said Crystal. “Victor you have how many kids again?”
 
His eyes darkened. “Leave them out of it.”
 
“Three,” answered Sarah.
 
“Thank you Satoru,” said Crystal. “Victor, remember how I got married?”
 
He slowly nodded. “Does someone want him dead?”
 
“No, no. Nothing like that. It's just that for the next nine months I can't be shot at,” she said.
 
Victor's face dropped then turned into a smile. He stood up. “Congratulations! I take it you found out this month then?”
 
“Yes. Apparently I've been pregnant for two months now. I'm using that extra month as my vacation time.”
 
Victor raised an eyebrow. “You could take five years off with pay,” he muttered.
 
Crystal shrugged. “Gotta keep my husband fooled.” Her phone went off and she checked it. “Speaking of keeping him fooled…” Crystal nearly ran to the doorway and went out closing the door behind her.
 
Victor sat down pulling out a cigarette and stuck it in his mouth. He lit it up and glanced up at Sarah. “Let me guess, you're knocked up too?”
 
Sarah smirked. “Don't worry. I'll be careful while I'm having rough sex.”
 
Victor blew smoke out of his mouth. “Well this was a shocker. My second top assassin will be gone for nine months. Maybe I shouldn't have let Amy retire.”
 
“Amy would've been useless anyway,” stated Sarah. “Even before she was crippled, she was still useless.”
 
Victor shrugged. “She did her job.”
 
“She was still useless.”
 
“Why did you come with her?”
 
“To make sure you didn't kill her. We might've been thirteen, but we still remember what happened to the last girl who got pregnant.”
 
“She deserved it.”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”
 
“So tell me who's the lucky husband?”
 
Sarah grabbed the pack of cigarettes, stuck one into her mouth and sat on the edge of the desk. She lit it up and blew smoke towards Victor face.
 
“She'll let you know one day. Don't worry I'll tell you whenever I get married.”
 
“The Gundam boy that you couldn't kill, correct?”
 
Sarah frowned. “That's none of your damn business.”
 
Victor simply nodded. “Part of your plan to piss off Zeon?”
 
Sarah took another puff from her cigarette. “If I wanted to piss of Zeon I'd kill him already.”
 
“Then he hasn't gone after him, uh?”
 
“Victor the reason why Zeon hasn't done anything is the same reason you don't double cross myself, fear.” She paused as she snuffed out his cigarette. “And I sent Zeon Lilly's head.”
 
Victor paled. “You didn't?”
 
“I did.”
 
“God damn it Sarah. I told you not to do that again.”
 
Sarah shrugged and stood up. “It was after he sent those bikes. Hence he hasn't sent anything after us since. Any jobs today?”
 
Victor handed her a file. “Have fun.”
 
Sarah took the file. “Got it.” She then walked out of Victor's office and joined Crystal who was now talking to Ann.