Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Blaine ( Chapter 25 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Blaine
 
Sarah and Trowa decided not to tell anyone until after Crystal had her baby. It was Crystal's time to shine and be spoiled unlike them. Sarah didn't mind either because Trowa didn't have a ring to give her and so far their jobs had been killing them. Sarah started to get more time off sine her fake `flu' which bothered her even more. Victor hadn't replaced her, but the orders weren't coming in like they use to be. Zeon had something else up his sleeve that scared everyone: Sarah, Crystal and Heero. No one else seemed to notice the tension between the businesses, military, and colonies. Quatre now began to notice the tension, but thought nothing of it.
 
Sarah forced her eyes open hearing her phone go off. She barely recognized it since the passed two days she had been up on Colony 01. The prime minister was now meeting his maker. Trowa believed the so called `business crisis' and that Sarah had actually spent the night in the building. He now held onto her tightly.
 
“Don't answer it,” he groaned. “Please.”
 
Sarah, keeping her eyes shut, reached out and answered it. “Sat-Sarah,” she corrected herself.
 
“Sarah you have to get to the hospital right now!” exclaimed Duo.
 
Sarah moaned and handed it to Trowa. “Duo,” she muttered.
 
Trowa held it up to his ear. “Yes?” There was a short pause and he sat up. “We'll be right there.” He hung up.
 
“I'm not going anywhere,” she moaned as Trowa flipped on the light and kissed her forehead.
 
“Crystal's going into labor,” he stated pulling on his jeans.
 
“Good. She needs to go back to work,” she muttered and rolled onto his side. She then bolted up. “LABOR?!”
 
Trowa nodded pulling on his turtleneck. “The doctors say by the time we get there we'll be seeing someone new.”
 
“For real?” Sarah jumped out of bed in her underwear.
 
He nodded looking at her body. Her right hip was bruised. “What happened to your hip? It's almost black.”
 
Sarah didn't falter as she grabbed her jeans and shirt. “Well you are rough.” She had almost forgotten that a car had nearly killed her. That second day was resting, icing, and popping pills like none other.
 
Trowa lightly touched her hip. His forehead crinkled. “What happened?” he asked again. Sarah nearly jumped back from pain.
 
“There's a coffee cart that makes rounds on the floor and the idiot ran into me. If it makes you feel any better the other guy looks worse.” She smiled at him.
 
Trowa glanced between her hip and her face. “It looks horrible. Since we're going to a hospital you might want to get that checked out.”
 
Sarah wrapped her arms around his neck then wrapped her right leg around his waist. “Yes Dr. Barton.”
 
Trowa smirked. “Get dress,” he breathed after kissing her.
 
Sarah pulled on her clothes sighing of relief. That had been close. She slipped on her shoes and they left to go to the hospital. They guessed Duo had called the gang to see the new baby and wasn't surprised when they arrived late.
 
Heero stood out in the hallway watching everything. He nodded towards Trowa and Sarah as they walked up to him. Heero glanced at Sarah's barely noticeable limp.
 
“Trowa!” exclaimed Quatre. He appeared at the doorway. “It's about time you got here. C'mon in!” He grabbed Trowa before he could protest and was gone from Sarah.
 
Sarah looked at Heero. “Who's all in there?”
 
“The gang,” he stated. “What's wrong with your hip?”
 
She frowned. “Colony 01.”
 
“Sarah! Heero! Come in here!” called Duo.
 
“Don't yell!” snapped Crystal who sounded tired.
 
They walked in and saw the gang sitting and standing around. Wufei stood by the window with Sally Poe. Sarah hadn't really met Sally Poe yet except through a sniper rifle. Releena sat in a chair with Dorthy standing behind her. They dressed like they were going to a royal party afterwards. Quatre stood near the bed with Trowa waiting for Sarah. Heero went to stand next to Releena. Cathy apparently wasn't coming tonight. On the bed was Crystal with her hair pulled back holding a tight, blue blanket. Duo sat next to her with his arm around her.
 
Crystal flashed her smile up at Sarah. “Nice of you to join.” Sarah walked closer to see the baby and Crystal noticed the limp.
 
Sarah smiled and sat down on the bed. The newborn baby boy had white hair and was chubby. “He's beautiful,” she said. “Can I hold him?”
 
“Watch out. He pukes,” said Quatre. Sarah now noticed a small stain on his sweater.
 
She giggled and nodded. “Okay. What's his name?” Trowa sat down next to her getting away from Quatre's glances.
 
Crystal carefully handed him over. “Blaine,” answered Duo. “And since he has Crystal's hair color he gets my hair style.”
 
Crystal frowned. “Ha. Like HELL!”
 
Sarah took Blaine and smiled down at him. He was so little and cute. She glanced up at Trowa who was looking down at him with no expression.
 
“Go on Uncle Tro say something,” said Duo.
 
Trowa glanced up at Duo then at Crystal. “He'll look better with Crystal's hair.”
 
Everyone in the room laughed and took turns of holding Blaine. Each one then left as 3am came near. Soon only Sarah and Trowa remained. Blaine rested in Crystal's arms as she stared down at him happily. Duo yawned, stood up, and stretched.
 
“C'mon Tro. You're buying the coffee.” Duo nearly drugged Trowa out of the room, but Trowa didn't protest.
 
Sarah watched them go and nearly fully limped to the bed. She sat down next to her friend.
 
“Details,” said Sarah.
 
“Worse than being shot,” said Crystal. “And worth it.”
 
“Have you told Duo about the extra income yet?”
 
Crystal shook her head. “I couldn't bare myself to do it. He's a lot safer not knowing anything.” She paused giving Blaine to Sarah who took him quickly. “What happened?”
 
“Car ran a red light,” she muttered.
 
“Did Trowa see?”
 
She nodded. “Coffee cart.”
 
“So tell me when are you and Trowa going to have a cute little baby?”
 
Sarah turned a bright red as Duo and Trowa returned. “Well-uh-uh……”
 
Duo took a sip of coffee looking between Crystal and Sarah. “Speaking of you guys when are you two getting married?”
 
Sarah glanced up at Trowa who looked at her then Duo. Crystal's baby was now born and that's what they decided on, but it still didn't seem right.
 
Trowa shrugged and said, “Before I knock her up.”
 
Sarah and Crystal began to laugh as Duo simply stared at him unbelievable. Duo opened his mouth and said, “You made a joke. Holly fuck have you gone crazy again?”
 
They began to laugh harder and little Blaine woke up.