Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Mobile Match ( Chapter 27 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Mobile Match
 
* This is gonna be a long chapter. Get ready and ENJOY! It's almost two years before the boys were sent to Earth * *
 
Heero was Sarah's target from the beginning. She had only seen him with his helmet on piloting in space. No one else wanted to go after him because the ones that did never returned. Victor sent her up there for another job to blow up one of the hangers and in the process to kill Heero.
 
Sarah turned off the mobile suit, which was now docked where Heero Yuy would be. The cockpit opened, she crawled out, and jumped down landing neatly on her feet. She in was in a black space suit and took off her helmet. The huge hanger was filled with mobile suits and people walking around. She gazed around wondering how she would find this kid. The politicians were a lot easier to find, but sometimes a lot harder to kill.
 
She started to walk around acting like she was trying to find someone or something. She then saw the familiar faces of the OZ organization. Zechs and Treize. Zechs still had on that helmet hiding his true identity while Treize smiled and looked around speaking with the officer. Treize laid his eyes on Sarah.
 
“And who is this little flower?” he asked.
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow at him. The officer shrugged. “Just a pilot Mr. Khushrenada. Over there is the new prototype that isn't perfect just yet.” He pointed to a broken down mobile suit.
 
Treize took one glance back at Sarah then Zechs then up at the mobile suit. “Interesting. What's wrong with it?” They walked towards the mobile suit and Zechs stayed behind.
 
“What's your name?” Zechs asked in his rough voice.
 
“Forget it,” said Sarah. “I know what Treize wants and he's not getting it.”
 
He cocked his head to the side and smirked. “Then may I know your name?”
 
“Satoru. Sarah Satoru,” she answered. “Goodbye Zechs Merquise.”
 
She walked off leaving Zechs watching her leave then joined Treize. Sarah glanced back over her shoulder seeing Zechs whispering something to Treize who looked over at her walking away. She turned back around and quickly turned the corner to the main mobile suit hanger. Barely anyone was hanging or working around in this area except for the very few. Maybe she could ask if they had seen this Heero Yuy kid or not.
 
Sarah walked down throughout the mobile suits seeing older men working on them. She frowned as she turned back around hitting someone behind her. Her helmet smacked his coffee from his hands spilling it all over him. He jumped back shaking the hot coffee from his hands.
 
“I'm so sorry!” said Sarah, shocked.
 
His forehead crinkled as he simply nodded. He was slightly taller than her and maybe as thin. He had dark blue eyes and dark messy hair. He was in his black space suit. To put it in simple terms; Cute.
 
“It's fine,” he grumbled. “Why are you down here anyway?”
 
She bent over picking up the cup for him. “Just looking for someone.”
 
“Who?” He took the cup then chucked it at a mobile suit. It fell bounced off of the suit and fell down.
 
“I'm not sure. I'll know him when I see him I guess.” He rolled his eyes. “I'll buy you more coffee-”
 
“James. You?”
 
“Sarah.”
 
“Let's go. I wanna get out of here before Zechs and Treize reaches this hanger.”
 
They walked out and Sarah kept glancing over at him. They didn't speak while they went to the cafeteria and James kept the silence. No one really said anything to them as they went. Maybe that was a good thing? Or a very bad thing.
 
Sarah and James went up to the counter where a woman in a space suit stood behind it. She eyed Sarah and James.
 
“Uh…” Sarah looked at James to see what he wanted.
 
“Black with two sugars,” he answered.
 
The girl started to make the coffee as Sarah dug around for her card or cash. She wasn't listening until the girl said, “Here you go Heero.”
 
“She's paying.” Sarah pulled out her card and swiped it through the machine.
 
“Sarah Satoru?” asked the girl.
 
“Yep. Thanks.” James was already drinking his coffee before Sarah could knock it over again. They walked away from the counter. “So James is everyone here a pilot?”
 
He nodded. “Basically.”
 
Sarah frowned. Maybe he's the Heero Yuy I've been looking for? “Can you show me where they all hang out at?”
 
“You're a pilot. Look for yourself.”
 
Sarah grabbed James's shoulder pulling him back. “Are you pissed about the coffee or do you just hate women pilots?”
 
He looked at her questionably. He looked so surprised at how she touched him. “I'm sorry. I just don't speak that often.”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow. “You don't speak that often….?”
 
“Yes.” He then took a sip of coffee. “Who are you looking for? I know most of the pilots up here.”
 
She shook her head. “I don't know,” she muttered. “I'd recognize him if I saw him. He keeps saving me,” she lied.
 
James shrugged. “Sorry.”
 
“It's fine. Bye.” Sarah then walked off feeling uneasy about leaving James. That little voice inside her head not to leave him, but she did anyway.
 
It had been little over a month and Sarah still hadn't found this Heero Yuy. She called Victor several times to see if someone had a picture, but the answer was always no. During this time she kept seeing James and became what she called acquaintances. They would briefly talked some days and other days James would actually speak more than once. Sarah would sit in the pilot lounges and hangers trying to hear anything that sounded like Heero or Yuy. She was tempted to hack into the database to find out where this Heero kid was, but she was also afraid of what else she could find. Something wasn't right going on in the world ever since Treize and Zechs paid a visit.
 
Sarah was stirring her coffee in the cafeteria with a metal spoon. She stared down in the black liquid slowly turning brown with the cream. The cafeteria was almost full with all the pilots coming back from mobile suit training. She skipped her training this morning since the general loved the way she looked and decided that this training session might damage her body. She gripped the spoon wishing she could dig out the general's eyes. Maybe it would've been better if she just killed him. God she wished.
 
It had always been because she was a woman. A young woman that could probably beat most of the men in this place. Even the other women kept their distances from the men. They never argued, stayed behind most of the men while walking in groups, and raised eyebrows at Sarah when she did something too masculine for them. Maybe she would kill that general and leave a hair so that they could detect that it was female.
 
“Hey lady move,” grunted one of the men pilots.
 
She looked up at him. Tall, blue eyes, and blond hair. He was wearing the green uniform holding a tray of breakfast food. She glanced around seeing plenty of other chairs around. She saw the other women giving her desperate looks to move.
 
“Sorry, but I was here first,” she stated. “But you're more than welcomed to sit across from me.”
 
The man slammed the tray down in front of her. “Move it bitch. I protect your sorry ass from OZ.”
 
Sarah glared up at him still gripping the spoon. “Excuse me? If you had been protecting anything from OZ it's your own ass so you wont get butt fucked.”
 
The man grabbed Sarah pulling her up to his height. They glared into each other eyes. “Fucking bitch.”
 
“Let go of me,” she hissed glaring. “Or you'll be wishing otherwise.”
 
The others around and near the table had stopped eating and were now watching this small fight. No one said nor did anything just yet.
 
The man made a fist and punched her across the face. She stumbled back hearing gasps with utter shock. “Dumb cunt,” he muttered.
 
The game was now on.
 
Sarah grabbed her coffee cup throwing the hot coffee all over his face then bashing the tin cup against his head. He stumbled back grabbing her hair and pulled her forward. Sarah then punched him in the throat making him gag. Once he let go of her hair she grabbed the tray, spilling the food everywhere, and slammed the tray on his head. That's when his friends came to help him.
 
As he fell gasping for air Sarah was grabbed from behind and saw two other men closing in on her. One stopped to help the blond, the other came up towards Sarah. Now everyone was watching and did nothing. She elbowed the person who had grabbed her in the face feeling his nose cracking and then blood pouring from it. He stumbled backwards holding his nose.
 
The other man stopped for a second while his hand went to his gun on his hip. The other hand was made into a fist and went after Sarah's already swollen face. She ducked and tackled the man to the floor. She kicked his chin hearing him screaming in pain and saw blood leaking from his mouth. Sarah looked up to see the man helping the blond holding the tray like a weapon.
 
Sarah reached for the gun but was thrown off by the man without part of his tongue. The one with the broken nose wrapped his arms around Sarah's neck nearly choking her. She held what was left of her breath and stomped at broken nose's feet and legs. Now all of the men were up and heading towards Sarah and the others in the cafeteria still did nothing but stare.
 
“Bick gunta bay!” said the tongue-less man. Bitch gonna pay was what a tongue person would've said.
 
He came at her, but wasn't ready for Sarah's strong boot kick and grabbing the gun from his holster. The other two men stopped once they saw that she had the gun and now dropped all of her weight. The man holding her fell over with her and she flipped him over. Sarah now pounded her foot into the man's throat with the gun held up to the other three.
 
“Try it. I double dog dare you,” she growled.
 
The one that owned the gun moved toward her and CLICK. Empty? Sarah frowned as the other two came after her. She braced herself as one tackled her then threw her back up on the table. That's when she heard another CLICK.
 
“Get off of her,” said the familiar monotone voice.
 
“Fuck off Heero.”
 
James fired at one of their feet hitting it. One screamed in awful pain and smacked something creating a crush sound. James grabbed Sarah's arm pulling her off of the table and away from the men. James still held the gun out towards them.
 
“C'mon,” he stated and pulled Sarah away from the cafeteria before the security came.
 
The game was over.
 
Sarah ripped her arm away from James, grabbed the gun and turned to run back to them instead James swung her over his shoulder, grabbed the gun and nearly ran down the hallway. He opened his room door and tossed Sarah onto the bed.
 
“Let me go back and kill them,” she growled.
 
James closed the door. He then grabbed Sarah's face and looked at the bruising. “Hold still.”
 
Sarah frowned stopping her protest. “Thanks for shooting that guy.”
 
He looked at her with concern in his eyes. James went over to his small refrigerator, grabbed a soda, then carefully placed it on her face. “Does anything else hurt?”
 
Sarah tensed at the coolness of the soda. “I'll probably be sore tomorrow.” She paused. “I wish I could've shot them.”
 
“Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to kill them one day.”
 
Sarah sighed. “So what's with the other people here? They don't want to help a fellow pilot or what?”
 
“Those were the commanding officers of this station,” he stated. He now sat next to her and she took the soda.
 
“Oh,” she muttered. “So I basically just got my job destroyed then huh?”
 
James shrugged. “Possibly. I highly doubt it though.”
 
“Why do you doubt it?”
 
He moved her hair behind her ear. “Because no girl has ever stood up to them and you nearly killed them without fear. Very impressive.”
 
Sarah slightly flushed. “Thanks.” She then smirked. “Does this mean we'll be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner together now?”
 
He shrugged. “Maybe not for the rest of today, but yes. Someone needs to keep you in line.”
 
“Ha. And someone needs to make you laugh or at least smile.”
 
James took the soda can from Sarah's now scraped hand and lightly kissed her. As Crystal once put it for Sarah, Heero was Sarah's lover, but not her soul mate. Sometimes that was true and other times it was bullshit.
 
Sarah opened her eyes feeling her swollen face screaming with pain. James laid next to her asleep. She sat up feeling the cold air on her bare skin and rubbed her head. I can't believe I had sex with some guy I barely know, she thought getting out of bed. She grabbed his jacket and pulled it on walking into the bathroom where James had gotten the aspirin for her.
 
She looked at herself in the mirror seeing the side of her face mostly blue now. Thank god she had bought makeup up here. She opened the cabinet, popped a few aspirin into her mouth and looked down. There was James's ID card. She picked it up, stunned. Heero Yuy's name was typed underneath the cold picture of James. It then all clicked together. All those times the pilots had called James Heero wasn't a compliment about saving people, they were saying his real name. James was her target. He was Heero. James wasn't use to his new name at all.
 
She glanced back shaking. Sarah went back to the bed and looked down at him. He did save her from those men. Her heart cringed. She couldn't kill him. Not now. Not ever. Sarah shook her head and got dressed. She went over to Heero, bent over and kissed his cheek one last time. He groaned in his sleep, Sarah smiled, and left.
 
No note left for him when he woke up.