Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ The Lie that Kept Him Alive ( Chapter 28 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Lie that Kept Him Alive
 
* Hey again. Another long one. I'm trying to put in as much as I can to help explain Sarah and Heero's relationship. Ok! Enjoy!!!! *
 
Sarah jumped down from the cockpit of her mobile suit after a training session. She had gone to the medical ward and they were able to reduce the swelling and gave her a cream to completely cover it up. There she saw Heero leaning up against the railing. His arms were crossed, his facial expression was gone, and he watched Sarah. She took off her helmet and walked over to him.
 
It had been two days since they had slept together.
 
“Hi,” she muttered.
 
Heero nodded. “Where did you go?” he asked.
 
Sarah leaned to one foot and simply looked at him. “Oh no where Heero Yuy.” He frowned. “Don't worry, you don't have to explain. It was pretty easy,” she lied. Like hell she was going to tell him that she saw his ID card.
 
“Sorry. James is my middle name,” he lied.
 
Sarah shrugged uncaring. “It's fine. Do you need something?”
 
“I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Earth,” he stated.
 
She paled slightly. No. He couldn't leave! “Why?”
 
“I quit my job. I'm going back home.”
 
Now she had to kill him. Victor would be upset if Heero Yuy wasn't killed before returning to Earth. “Okay. I'll come by and get my underwear that I never found.”
 
Heero smirked. “Roger.” He then walked away leaving Sarah in the hanger.
 
She sighed and went back to her room. Tonight she was going to kill Heero Yuy before Victor or anyone else found out. He wasn't going to Earth, more like Hell or Heaven if he was lucky.
 
Sarah knocked on Heero's door wearing what would drive Heero and Trowa and every other man target she had insane: tight leather pants with the red piping corset. A gun was strapped on her back and a knife was hidden right above her crotch. Her heart pounded when Heero opened the door and his face dropped when he saw her. She walked in without him saying a word and gazed around.
 
“Welp where's my panties?” she asked.
 
The door closed. “Don't know. I think I sent them out for cleaning with my other clothes.”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. She shivered feeling the cool air nipping at her arms. Maybe the corset was a bit too much. She then felt Heero's jacket being placed on her shoulders.
 
“I can't let you freeze,” he stated. “Nice outfit though.”
 
Sarah pulled the jacket around her tighter. Just kill him already! “Thanks.” She slipped her hand into her pants when she turned around to look at his bed. She gripped the knife, pulled it out, and waited. “So where are you going back on Earth?”
 
“Ever heard of Villa?”
 
Sarah frowned. That's where her penthouse was along with Victor. “Yeah.”
 
“I have a house down there.” He turned around to his refrigerator.
 
Sarah aimed and threw the knife. Heero fell to the ground and began to convulse instead the knife hit the wall and Heero jumped to the side. Sarah mentally smacked herself as she reached to grab her gun and Heero tackled her to the ground. Once on the floor Sarah wacked his face with her elbow and kneed him in the chest. Heero gasped and grabbed her throat choking her. Sarah used her free hand and punched Heero square in the face then pushed him off when blood started to almost pour from his nose.
 
They stood up and faced each other. They breathed hard and charged at each other. Punches, kicks, elbows, arms and legs were thrown at each other. Sarah then got Heero down onto his back, pulled out the gun and stood over him aiming it down at him. They were sweating as they stared at each other. They had scratches and red marks all over their body and faces.
 
Just kill him already, snapped the voice in the back of her head. Sarah's chest went up and down. Heero stared up at her with no facial expression, breathing hard. Sarah then fell down onto him sitting on pelvis around with the gun still aimed at his face. She couldn't shoot him. Everything told her not to shoot him. Heero slowly sat up glancing between Sarah and the gun. He easily took the gun since she didn't even put up a fight.
 
“I can't kill you,” she whispered.
 
She reached out towards him, her hand rested on the back of his head and she softly smiled at him. Sarah grabbed his hair and pushed him closer to her kissing him hungrily. He hungrily kissed her back, picked her up and went over to the bed.
 
Once again Sarah lay next to Heero naked. Heero had his arm around her small body as she rested her head on his chest. She looked up at him with loving eyes.
 
“SO I take it you're an assassin too?” she asked.
 
He nodded. “I work for 01 Colony. You?”
 
“Private owner,” she muttered. “So what now?”
 
He kissed her forehead. “You are more than welcomed to come back to Earth with me. You made that face when I said I'm going to Villa.”
 
She frowned and her forehead crinkled. “What face?” she almost demanded.
 
He smirked. One of those priceless smirks that she loved from Heero and soon to be Trowa. “That one. Your face crinkles.”
 
Her face flattened out. “Oh….that one.” She paused. “I have a penthouse down in Villa.”
 
Heero raised an eyebrow. “Where at in Villa?”
 
“A block away from the square. So when are we leaving?”
 
He glanced back at the clock. “In a few hours.” He paused frowning. “How long do you need to pack?”
 
Sarah kissed him and jumped out of bed. “Not that long! By the way where does my underwear go in your room!!!!???” She began to search for her French cut panties and Heero laughed.
 
It wasn't long before Sarah and Heero were down on Earth living in their own penthouses. Sarah never moved in with Heero and Heero never pushed it either for the simple fact: They were always gone. Even when one of them would spend the night at each other's apartment one was usually gone without leaving notes. Sometimes when they would wake up one would be there, laying peacefully next to them. This just became a natural part of their over one year relationship.
 
One little happy memory that Sarah loved how was Heero and Crystal finally met. Sarah had dragged Heero to a small coffee shop near Victor's building. Crystal was sitting at a small table with her long blond hair in her black clothing. Two knives and a gun was secretly placed underneath her clothes. She saw Sarah and Heero. Sarah had that small little smirk as she and Heero chatted.
 
“Heero this is my friend Crystal. Crystal this is my boyfriend Heero,” introduced Sarah.
 
Crystal and Heero sized each other up very quickly. They stared at each other then looked at Sarah at the same time. Crystal stood up and handed Sarah her coffee then looked at Heero.
 
“I'm sorry, but I didn't know what coffee you liked,” she stated and held out her hand. “Crystal Kamiya. Pleasure.”
 
Heero shook her hand. “Heero Yuy. Shikaku ka?” Assassin?
 
Crystal nodded and glanced over across the street. “Hai. So how did you guys meet? Trying to kill the same bird?”
 
Sarah and Heero exchanged looks. “Not really,” muttered Sarah. She had told Crystal how they met, but she guess Crystal wanted to hear what Heero would say. Crystal glanced over across the street and touched her ear lightly. Sarah glanced over then tugged Heero away from the street giving Crystal a dirty look.
 
“Sorry it was the only place where she was at,” said Crystal. “Victor's orders.”
 
A small limo on the other side of the street and about fifty feet away blew up. Everyone ducked and the assassins then ran away from the crime scene with the other scared people. During Crystal's earlier years she had used more pen bombs than Sarah did.
 
There was five months before Heero was going back up to Colony 01. Some Doctor J kept calling him and he was hesitant to go. Sarah was worried about this Doctor J since Heero had mentioned something about piloting a new mobile suit called a Gundam, but had more serious things on her mind. Would he leave? Would she leave? Would they both retire and live off the already millions they had in banks across the world and try to avoid war? Then something worse happened in the long run.
 
Sarah was sitting on Heero's bed waiting for him to return home. She was wearing loose clothing as she twirled her thumbs. She had called in sick to Victor who knew that Sarah was far from sick. He simply asked her if she had ever found that Heero Yuy kid which she responded, “I think. I'll see you later.” Heero would soon be here and she didn't know what to do.
 
Heero walked in dressed in his tight jeans, a muscle shirt, and a jacket. He smiled at her then his smile flattened out as once he saw how pale and serious her face looked. She stood up calmly like she had always done. Heero went over to her and grabbed her hands.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked and flipped her long hair back.
 
“James are you going to up to Colony 01?” she asked, scared.
 
Heero raised an eyebrow and grew scared. She only used his real name during sex, angry, or extremely scared. “Maybe. What's wrong Sarah? Do we need to move? Does Victor know I'm here?”
 
Sarah looked into Heero's deep dark eyes. “No, no nothing like that. We might have to move though since Doctor J keeps calling you.” She paused and her grip tightened on his cool hands. “I'm pregnant.”
 
She held her breath as she watched his reaction. He went from worry to wow to smiling then back to concern. “D-Do you need to sit down or anything?” he asked putting one hand on her cheek.
 
Sarah sighed of relief. “No, do you? You went a shade paler.” She touched his face. “What are we going to do?”
 
Heero simply shrugged with a smile on his face. “I wont go to Colony 01. I'm staying.”
 
Sarah quickly relaxed once he said this. She hugged him tightly and felt his arms wrap around her. “Thank you so much James.”
 
James kissed her. “I would do anything for you.”
 
Sarah flipped his shaggy hair back. “I would too.”
 
Heero called Doctor J and told him that he couldn't and wouldn't go with Operation Meteor. Sarah didn't quit her job or tell Victor or Crystal just yet. She knew nothing serious was going on and when she did her next few targets she was very careful: Pen bombs and her friendly sniper rifle. She wouldn't risk anything now. Heero was the same way. He barely went up and told Sarah that waking up next to her was better than anything. Within four months of pregnancy Sarah decided to fully move into Heero's penthouse since she had been in his penthouse for three months now. They had decided that Sarah's penthouse would be used for their weapons in case they decided to go back into the work force.
 
One night Sarah and Heero were lying in bed together. Sarah was reading some kind of baby book while Heero lightly drummed and ran his hand over her small baby bump. He stopped and looked up at her.
 
“It just kicked me!” he exclaimed sitting up.
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow at him. “You're on crack! I didn't feel anything plus they don't start kicking until later.”
 
Heero shrugged and kissed her cheek. “What should we name him?”
 
“Her,” corrected Sarah. “What should we name her?”
 
He rested his hand back on her stomach. “Robert. I'm naming him Robert.”
 
Sarah nodded in agreement. “I do too.” She pulled Heero up to her and kissed him. “Don't want to name him James or anything?”
 
He smirked. “Lyn is also a very good name.”
 
“Thank you,” she muttered wrapping her arms around him.
 
 
Sarah was carrying a box into Heero's living room. She set it down on the floor and looked around. He hadn't gotten a bookshelf yet.
 
“Hey Heero where do you want me to put my books?” she called.
 
He came out from the kitchen eating a cheese and bacon sandwich. “Just leave them there by the wall. The bookcase should be here tomorrow or the day after.” He paused looking at Sarah for a moment. She now had the baby bump. “How's Robert doing?”
 
Sarah touched her stomach. “Oh, you mean Lyn? She's fine.” She smiled over at him and leaned over to pick up the box, but stopped and stood back up.
 
“Are you okay? You look pale.”
 
Sarah nodded scooting the box over with her foot. “Try making a lung and I'm sure you'd look pale.” Sarah saw Heero's smile then cringed at her stomach. There was a shooting pain in his stomach and she gripped the armchair.
 
“Sarah? Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah. I think I just need to sit down.” She took a step forward and fell down to the ground blacking out.
 
Sarah opened her eyes staring up at the white ceiling with what felt like the strongest grip on her hand. She looked over to see Heero holding her hand and his eyes lit up. She quickly glanced around seeing another patient six feet across from her. Machines were worked up to him while she just had an IV hooked up in her arm.
 
“You brought me to a hospital?” she asked as Heero leaned in closer to her nodding. “What happened?”
 
Heero touched her cheek. He looked so sad and Sarah knew what had happened. She began to tear up grabbing his wrist. “I'm so sorry Sarah.” He hugged her tightly as she cried shaking her head in disbelief.
 
“What happened?” she breathed.
 
“No one knows why it happens,” he answered trying to calm her down.
 
She buried her head between his shoulder and head. “When can I leave?”
 
“Whenever you want,” he answered. He paused for a moment as he played with her hair. “They were surprised at how old we look,” he muttered. “A nurse said something about how young we have to have kids and that's maybe one reason why we-”
 
Sarah shook her head. “Don't say it. I just want to leave.”
 
Heero moved Sarah over on the bed, sat up with her and held her as she continued to cry. She held onto Heero like there was no tomorrow and didn't loosen her grip until they left. A nurse came in several hours later and Sarah was discharged five hours after her miscarriage.
 
It had been over a month and Sarah seemed to be fine. They weren't going to try and get pregnant again like most couples would. Then she saw that Doctor J was calling Heero again. Heero hadn't mentioned anything to her about leaving and hoped he wouldn't leave. It was almost time for Operation Meteor to begin. She would cringe at the thought. Heero leaving was the worse thought in the world right now.
 
Heero had his arms wrapped around her one night with his head resting on her bare shoulder. Sarah held one hands feeling his bare skin against her back. She sighed and turned around facing him.
 
“Wanna go again?” he asked kissing her neck.
 
“Actually we need to talk,” she muttered. He raised an eyebrow and nodded. “Operation Meteor.”
 
His face hardened. “What about it?”
 
“Are you going?”
 
“No. I told you that I'm not leaving you.”
 
She paused biting her lip. “Then why is Doctor J calling you?”
 
“My replacement died,” he answered smoothly. “He wants me to come.”
 
Her forehead crinkled. She knew that J wanted Heero back up there. “Then what are you going to do?”
 
“Nothing. It's not my problem.”
 
Sarah went onto her side with her head on her hand as she looked at him. She ran her hand through his hair. “James if you want to go then you should go.”
 
He shook his head. “No. I'm not leaving.”
 
“And you'll regret it. They need you out there.”
 
Heero raised an eyebrow at her. “Victor is sending you away to do missions isn't he?”
 
Sarah frowned and slowly nodded. “I'm sorry, but since…I'm not pregnant….anymore, I thought you could go do your job. I know you've been excited about it for a while now-”
 
“Sarah something might go wrong. Are you willing to let me go just so we can go to work?”
 
“Work that we love. I know you wanted to do it since before I met you.”
 
Heero pulled Sarah closer hugging her. “I love you. I shouldn't be gone for more than a few months. I'll be in the mobile suit with a green gem.” He pulled her back and ran his finger up and down her face. “Promise me you wont sleep with any of your other targets.”
 
Sarah grinned and kissed Heero pulling herself closer to him. “I promise.”
 
Soon Heero went up to Colony 01 and Sarah went off to kill her targets. The next time she saw Heero he was blowing himself up on national television. She was sitting at a café watching the new broadcast of the Gundam fights. She stopped eating a small cake as Heero stepped outside of his Gundam. He held something in his hand and pushed it. The next thing she saw was his Gundam exploding and no body. Sarah stood up moving to the screen faster than the other onlookers.
 
“James,” she whispered. She then screamed his name pounding on the screen and began to cry.
 
Two days later she stood in Victor's office wearing Heero's old space jacket. Victor was talking on the phone glancing down at his desk and up at Sarah. He then hung up.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Heero Yuy is dead,” she sated with no emotion at all in her voice.
 
Victor raised an eyebrow. “How did you kill him?”
 
She frowned. “I didn't. He committed suicide two days ago.”
 
Victor lit up a cigarette and offered one to her. She took it and lit it up. “Are you positive he's dead?”
 
“Yes. Gun shot blasted the back of his head all over his wall.”
 
He nodded in approval. “Good. The payer was very worried for about two years on how he wasn't dead yet. Good news for him.”
 
“Very. Who's my next target?”
 
Victor stood up blowing smoke out to the side. He handed her a file. “Prime Minister of Colony 03. Fetch him up.”
 
“Roger.” She walked out of the room and kept Heero's jacket.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
So I hope everyone liked the last two chapters!!! I didn't want to make all these detailed crazy mini chapters about Sarah and Heero because it'll be explained later on with the more loose parts. Don't worry. So now I do hope that answers on why Heero was mad at Sarah for sleeping with Trowa and that crazy bond between her and Heero. That's why they care about each other and stuff! And I hoped everyone liked Heero's real name!! If not, my bad. For some reason he looked like a James to me. Um some of this will come up in the later chapters, so I hope you did enjoy. I'm sorry again for being so brief on their relationship. There was a lot to summarize! Ok, thanks again for reading and please keep reading!!!