Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 30 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Beginning
 
It had been almost two weeks after Sarah had killed off President Cummings. Trowa believed that Sarah had fallen down a flight of stairs and went to the hospital. To prove it, Heero made Sarah go to the hospital to make sure nothing too serious had happened to her and she now carried around a bottle of prescribed Vicodin in her purse. It was enough to keep Trowa off of her back for this one. Next time she wasn't sure if he'd believe her or not. There was another problem with Sarah and it wasn't anything physical either, she believed it was more mental than ever.
 
It was the same terrifying dream that she had dreamed almost every night since she woke up in Heero's room. After Heero blew himself up she had one horrible nightmare about the explosion, but this was much worse for her. She was running towards Trowa, trying to save him. He stood out in front of her looking forward as if he couldn't hear her screams at him. She was always too late in order to save him. From everywhere around him he was fired on and killed with wild bullets. The bullets went through him like he was water. He fell limply to the ground with blood pouring out and Sarah screamed bloody murder.
 
“SARAH!”
 
She opened her wet, crying eyes as she felt Trowa's firm grip on her arms. He had always woken her up because that last scream in the dream was the real scream outside of it. Trowa said that she would mutter his name desperately, twitching, then start to cry and scream for him. Most of the time Trowa had to shake Sarah awake.
 
Sarah was sweating in her gray tank top and somehow was sitting up in bed. She was breathing heavily as Trowa touched her hot face with his cool hands. The room was almost pitch black and she could barely see him.
 
“What are you dreaming?” he asked.
 
“Trowa?” she gasped and hugged his cool body.
 
He wrapped his arms around her rocking back and worth calming her down. Sarah's grip always got tighter on him after each dream. She buried her face into his chest.
 
“What are you dreaming?” he asked again after a few minutes. She seemed to be calmer now.
 
“I don't remember,” she lied with the break of tears again. She lifted up Trowa's T-shirt and placed her warm cheek onto his stomach. For some odd reason feeling Trowa's skin on her skin was better than anything for him. Maybe it was just knowing that he was there and in the flesh and blood next to her.
 
Trowa sighed and looked down at his shirt. She was going to stretch it out this shirt too. He pulled off his shirt and tossed it to the floor. He had no idea why she did this, but it always seemed to calm her down.
 
“What do you remember?”
 
Sarah climbed up onto his lap as he held her. “Only something bad happens to you.” She paused and looked up at him. “I don't want you to ever leave,” she muttered feeling the tears in her eyes again.
 
Trowa smiled to himself as he gently rubbed his hand up and down her back. “Promise. How are you feeling? Ready to go back to bed?”
 
She shook her head feeling her eyelids dropping. “No,” she muttered and her grip loosened on his body. “Just stay right here for me.”
 
Trowa kissed the top of her head. “Do you want me to turn off your alarm?”
 
“No,” she answered and fell back asleep in Trowa's protective arms.
 
Sarah woke up that morning with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. She had woken up lying peaceful in Trowa's arms as he still slept. The circus was taking the next few days off, so once again he was sleeping in. She went downstairs to meet Crystal in one of Victor's pricy cars and went to work. Crystal raised an eyebrow at Sarah's appearance.
 
“Not sleeping again?”
 
Sarah shook her head. “It's that same dream again.” She rubbed her forehead. “It doesn't change at all. Trowa has to wake me up before the neighbors knock on our door.”
 
Crystal sighed and patted Sarah's shoulder. “It'll pass. It passed with Heero after he blew himself up and you're just having this dream because you almost died two weeks ago. It's your unconscious trying to tell you to be careful.”
 
Sarah sighed and shrugged. “That's too weird.” She paused and looked over Crystal. She had lost all of her baby weight and was back in normal clothes. “How's Blaine?”
 
Crystal smiled. “Cute as ever. Duo has him for today. He wants to take him to work because one of his old friends is coming back.”
 
“Which friend?”
 
Crystal thought for a moment. “Hilde, I think. Apparently they were partners at some time.”
 
Sarah shrugged. “Oh well.”
 
They arrived in Victor's office only ten minutes later. He sat behind his desk like usual and was watching the news which was unusual. Ann stood by his desk also watching the news. They glanced up from the box and Victor quickly waved them over. The girls ran over to them.
 
“What's up?” asked Crystal.
 
“Zeon,” said Victor and pointed to the screen.
 
Zeon appeared on the television wearing an army uniform. He looked calm, but nervous in his green general uniform. A new flag was hanging behind him. “Dear citizens of Earth and the Colonies, I Zeke Zeon have declared war on Earth and the Colonies. No longer will-”
 
Sarah then stopped listening and took a few steps back. She began shaking her head in disbelief. Crystal paled and pulled out her phone nearly running to the door. Victor and Ann said nothing as they watched them. Sarah pulled out her phone and called Heero.
 
“Satoru,” said his brisk voice.
 
“Where are you right now?” she demanded.
 
His voice changed to concern. “I'm going home. Why?”
 
“Go to Quatre right now. Zeon just declared war on Earth and the Colonies!”
 
He paused and Sarah could hear tires squealing and horns in the background. “Roger.”
 
“Be careful James.”
 
“You too Sarah.”
 
They hung up and Sarah looked at Crystal who was waiting impatiently for Duo to pick up. She then nearly screamed in the phone. “Where are you!?!?!?!?! Get home! Zeke Zeon just declared war! Blaine did WHAT????” She paused. “Well after the doctor go home. Love you bye.” She hung up.
 
“What's wrong with Blaine?” asked Ann, concerned.
 
Crystal punched the wall. “Blaine swallowed some small scrap,” she growled. She looked at Sarah. “Are you going to call Trowa?”
 
Sarah looked at her phone and slowly nodded. She knew after she woke him up he'd be gone from her life.
 
Forever.
 
Victor said nothing as he saw his two, the world's, best assassins crumble before him.