Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Pilots on a Plane ( Chapter 34 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Pilots on a Plane
 
Trowa slumped down into the middle seat and shoved his travel bag underneath the seat. He leaned back into the seat and stared at the back of the seat and the serving tray. Duo sat down in the same aisle as Trowa, but across from him. He too tossed his bag to the side and stared forward without doing much. Wufei, smirking, went into the row of seats in front of Trowa and sat down. Heero walked on and sat down by the window without saying a word. Quatre then walked on still looking like he was in his crazy phase. He sat down by Trowa and didn't say a word.
 
The plane took off with complete silence and a sigh of relief once up in the air. The boys didn't say a word as the plane headed towards Russia. Duo was now staring up at an awkward angle at the ceiling with his arms crossed. Heero looked like he was sleeping with his head resting against the window. Trowa hadn't moved as Quatre busily made final business plans on his phone. Wufei said nothing either.
 
Hours had passed.
 
Quatre sighed and put away his phone. He turned to Trowa. “How are you doing?” he finally asked.
 
Trowa looked over at Quatre and said nothing. He returned his gaze back to the seat.
 
Quatre frowned. “Trowa, I would really like it if you didn't go silent again. Talk to me this time, please.”
 
“If he doesn't want to talk don't force him,” stated Heero. “Same for Duo.”
 
Quatre groaned. “Tro, please. How are you?”
 
Wufei then laughed. “What happened? Did your woman hold your balls for you while you left?”
 
“Wufei don't,” muttered Duo now looking at him. “Leave him alone.”
 
Wufei turned to Duo with his smile on his face. “What? Hitting too close to home, too?”
 
Duo glared at Wufei. “Wufei,” he growled.
 
“Well it looks like someone wife didn't keep his balls,” he retorted, smirking.
 
Heero opened his eyes and gave Wufei his cold stare. “Wufei just because Sally couldn't care less about your balls, don't take it out on them. You need them in this war.”
 
He chuckled. “Right. All drug abusers and a mute? What else-”
 
“Wufei SHUT THE FUCK UP!” snapped Trowa and punched the seat.
 
Everyone on the plane looked at Trowa and Wufei who now went pale and stared at Trowa. The headrest was now tilted at a forward angle and Trowa's hand was a beat red. Duo and Quatre looked at Trowa unbelievably. Heero almost smirked to himself. Maybe some of Sarah's out bursts had finally rubbed off on him. Good. That's what he needed.
 
“GOD!” Trowa seemed to be struggling with words as he glared at Wufei. “You know, fuck Sally before you run off with four straight guys!! SO we WONT have to deal with YOUR FUCKING BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Duo held back his laughter and covered his mouth. Quatre's mouth opened and buzzed for a stewardess. Heero, laughing on the inside/calm on the outside, pulled Trowa back down to his seat. Trowa shoved off Heero's hand, stood, and moved to a few aisles forward away from the others. He slumped down into an empty aisle hidden from everything.
 
“Well he's not a mute anymore,” crackled Duo and now busted out in full laughter.
 
Quatre was a loss for words when the stewardess came up. Heero leaned over and said, “Ice.”
 
The stewardess handed Heero some napkins and a cup of ice. He stood up and went to Trowa. The other passengers on the plane simply watched this little scene. Wufei slumped back down into his seat away from everyone's view. The stewardesses didn't move fearful of what else these upset boys would do. One had already broken a seat. God knows what the others would do. War time was a horrible time to fly.
 
Heero sat down next to Trowa and simply looked at him. The once stable, Gundam Pilot was now curled up into a ball. Trowa was hugging his knees tightly, his face hidden by his long legs and arms that covered his face. His hand was now beginning to bruise.
 
He took a deep breath and said lowly, “Trowa.”
 
Trowa stiffened, but didn't move or say a word to Heero.
 
Heero rolled up a few ice cubs into a napkin and lightly placed it on his hand. Trowa didn't flinch. Maybe he was becoming the strong silent, unflinching, uncaring type again. Stone cold.
 
“How are you doing mentally?” he finally asked after several minutes. Trowa still hadn't moved yet.
 
No answer.
 
“Emotionally?” After another ten minutes.
 
No answer or movement except for the soft breathing.
 
Heero sighed. “I'm glad you met Sarah. She's helped you a lot in your life.”
 
Trowa now sighed and uncurled himself. He looked dully at his hand then at Heero. His eyes were red and puffy.
 
“I can't believe I left her for this,” he whispered. His voice was low like in the beginning when he first started talking to Sarah. “To be mocked by a son of a bitch that I have to watch his back and all he's done is thrown her down.”
 
Heero could imagine Sarah throwing Wufei down and probably beating him to death. He didn't say a word as he placed another ice cub on Trowa's now blue hand. Sometimes he wished Sarah would do that to him.
 
Trowa now looked at Heero with wonder in his eyes. “How has she helped me?”
 
“Everything,” he stated. Trowa's facial expression was unchanged when he said this. “Speaking and showing emotion. I'm glad you told Wufei that. Next time punch him instead of the headrest.”
 
Trowa smirked and flexed his hand. It was now stiff as he tried to close his fingers into his palm. “She wont be there when I return.”
 
“Did you give her the ring?”
 
Trowa slowly nodded as Heero looked forward. He was surprised Trowa had left then. He pulled the tray down and placed the cup of ice on it. Trowa then laid down on his side and looked at his other hand holding the picture he took from his dresser. Sarah had her arms wrapped around him, smiling down at him. Trowa was smiling upward at her flipping her hair back.
 
“I wish I stayed,” he whispered.
 
“We all wish we stayed,” stated Heero.
 
Trowa tightly closed his eyes and hid his head again from the world. Soon his tense body relaxed and Heero stood up. Quatre was peeking over the seats checking up on the two pilots. Wufei was still hidden. Duo was now slumped over; asleep probably. Heero then grabbed a blanket and tossed it over Trowa. He then slightly nodded at Quatre and sat back down. He too then closed his eyes after he heard Quatre asking for a pillow and blanket.
 
Dreams had always been better than reality.