Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Parents ( Chapter 35 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Parents
 
It had been a day since the boys had left their old lives behind them. Everyone went their separate direction just like they had predicted. The new plans were now in effective until the war ended or one of them ended up dead. For Crystal, everything went to Blaine. For Sarah, everything went to Trowa unless he was dead then Heero. If Heero was dead she decided that the Sanc Kingdom should have some kind of money behind those castle doors.
 
Sarah drove on the paved roads leading farther and farther out into the quiet country. She hadn't really said a word since Trowa had left, but neither had Crystal. The Mustang flying down the road made heads turn since it wasn't a truck or tracker. Crystal sat in the passenger side with Blaine in her lap. She was quietly playing with his fingers and hands making him giggle and clap. Crystal glanced over at Sarah as she turned the final corner to Crystal's parent's house. Sarah was still was shaken up, but seemed better.
 
Crystal had gone to Sarah's apartment finding her on the floor staring off into space. The apartment was still a mess with broken items everywhere. Crystal kept Blaine in his easy traveling car seat and sat him down on the floor. She saw the black ring box discarded off to the side while the ring was tightly in Sarah's hand. When they had left an hour later, the ring was gone and Sarah wasn't wearing it. She waved her hand in front of Sarah's stoned face. Nothing.
 
“I'm sorry,” she said. Sarah heavily sighed and finally blinked. “Not to sound like a cold hearted bitch, but get up and pack Satoru. Victor has given us a week to get ready for this war. I need to drop Blaine off before we leave.”
 
Sarah then looked up at her friend. “Heero sent me a message,” she whispered. “They're going to Russia.”
 
Crystal nodded. “C'mon.”
 
She now looked out at the green fields. Nothing had changed out here. Sarah then passed two trackers and did a sharp turn onto the Kamiya driveway. Crystal clutched Blaine closer to her as Sarah now drove on the gravel road. The white and yellow farmhouse came into view. Sarah parked next to a new truck and sighed.
 
“Made it,” she muttered. She killed the Mustang and got out.
 
Crystal got out of the car holding Blaine. She looked around for her parents instead she saw the great heard of cows, horses, and chickens. She frowned making a mental note to keep Blaine away from the chickens. He giggled and reached out towards the animals. Everything else around them was yard and green fields.
 
“Well look what we have here!”
 
Sarah and Crystal looked over to see Mrs. Kamiya standing at the garage. Mrs. Kamiya had the same blond hair as Crystal, and was tall. She was staring to gain weight in her late fifties. Behind her was a blue Porsche sitting nicely in the garage. She looked at Blaine and walked towards them.
 
“You know, I thought it was strange saying you'd bring someone new,” she stated. She looked over Sarah who said nothing to her. “But coming to tell me that you're married and have a kid at the same time might be a bit much.”
 
Crystal shrugged. “I'm sorry Mom.”
 
Mrs. Kamiya happily smiled and hugged her daughter tightly. “It's good to see you! And who's this?”
 
“Blaine. You're a grandma.” She cracked a smile at her mother who sighed.
 
“Well at least I have grandkids.” She looked over at Sarah. “Where's your bundle of joy?”
 
Sarah forced a weak smile. “I lost it,” she answered.
 
Mrs. Kamiya raised an eyebrow; Crystal sighed. “He went to war with the others,” said Crystal.
 
Sometimes it was good idea not to tell Crystal about her and Heero at times.
 
“I'm sorry girls.” Mrs. Kamiya looked over Sarah once again and said, “Well let's go inside. God knows what Bob is doing. He'll have a heart attack when he sees him though.”
 
“Thank God you're a nurse,” muttered Crystal.
 
They walked inside and went down the hall. They passed the family and living room going directly to the kitchen. The kitchen was still in perfect order except for the dishes that were piled high. No surprise there. They went out the back door to the deck where Bob Kamiya was fixing the bottom step. Bob was a tall man with graying hair and very strong. He nailed the new piece of wood down. The deck had six chairs and one swing just waiting for them.
 
“Look what showed up,” said Mrs. Kamiya.
 
“Carmon if it's that damn-” He looked up and was a loss of words. His eyes went directly to Crystal then Blaine then Sarah then back to Crystal. “What brings you back? Kill one of my farmin' buddies?”
 
Crystal frowned. “Actually that was Sarah,” she countered.
 
Bob chuckled and went over to his daughter. He hugged her tightly and looked at Blaine. “And his name is Bob?” he asked hopefully.
 
“Blaine.”
 
“Oh geez. Well let's sit down and catch up then.” He looked at Sarah. “Do your parents know you're back?”
 
Sarah shook her head. “Did you know that the governor you elected sold girls to prostitution?”
 
Bob frowned. “Ha. Ha. Sit down smart ass.”
 
Sarah smirked. “Thanks Bob.”
 
“I call my grandson!” said Carmon and reached out for him.
 
Crystal handed him over and everyone sat down. Carmon and Bob sat in the swing together with Blaine on Carmon's lap. Blaine then started to cry and Crystal took him back. Sarah sat down across from Bob as Crystal and Blaine sat across from Carmon.
 
“Okay, I think you should start telling us,” began Bob, “with Blaine.”
 
Crystal nodded. “I agree.” She sighed. “I got married a few years ago and about three to four months ago I had Blaine Maxwell.”
 
Carmon rolled her eyes. “I need details dear. Who did you marry?”
 
“Duo Maxwell. I met him right after the last war and now he's back into the war.”
 
Carmon looked concerned then looked at Bob. Bob's forehead crinkled. “He left you?”
 
Crystal nodded not wanting to say the words out loud. Sarah now answered. “Duo is one of the Gundam pilots. He left to save the Earth and Colonies.”
 
“Gundum what?” asked Carmon.
 
“Well about you and Blaine? What happens if he dies?” demanded Bob.
 
Crystal shrugged. “I raise Blaine by myself,” she answered. Blaine looked up when he heard his name and reached up to touched his mother's hair. “The only difference between the other single mothers and myself is that I have over a million dollars.”
 
“And they wont die,” added Sarah.
 
Carmon shook her head. “I know you want to be positive, but please be a realist. They could die.”
 
“But he wont,” said Sarah.
 
Bob rubbed his face and looked at Crystal. “Anything else we should know about?”
 
Crystal thought about it for a while. “Actually there is something else.” She paused looking between her parents. “You're taking care of Blaine while I'm gone.”
 
Sarah looked at Crystal, unbelievably. “You didn't tell them?” she hissed.
 
Carmon and Bob's mouths dropped. “WHAT?!”
 
“You can't tell us-”
 
Crystal rolled her eyes. “It's either Blaine with his grandparents or Blaine in an orphanage. Take your pick.”
 
The parents stopped and looked at each other. Carmon nodded. Bob sighed. “Okay. Write everything-”
 
“Already did,” she said. “Everything is written down on what he needs. All of his stuff is out in the car.”
 
“Always prepared,” muttered Carmon. She now looked at Sarah. “Anything we should know about?”
 
Sarah shrugged. “Nope. My life is full of clown colors.”
 
“I think I should be worried,” muttered Carmon. She quickly glanced over at Crystal.
 
“Her boyfriend is a clown,” muttered Crystal now playing idly with Blaine's small hands.
 
“Are you going to visit your parents?” asked Carmon.
 
Sarah shook her head. “No.” She looked at Crystal. “Call me when you're ready.” Sarah stood up to leave.
 
“Ok,” she muttered.
 
Bob raised an eyebrow as Sarah went to the door. “If you're going to go see that punk kid again I wouldn't. He's been in jail again!”
 
Sarah nodded. “I know. I bailed him out.”
 
“He's not worth your time!” said Carmon.
 
Sarah rolled her eyes.
 
Bob grumbled something underneath his breath and Sarah walked through the house and to her Mustang. Carmon shook her head, sadly.
 
“I don't understand why she sees that boy. If they ever get married he's going to drain her dry.”
 
Crystal rolled her eyes. “Sarah's engaged.” The shook went across Carmon and Bob's faces. “Hopefully she'll actually have a wedding this time.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey everyone! I hope everyone had good holidays this year. If not, I'm sorry. Hmm..what's going to happen to our lovely pilots in Russia? What will happen after Russia and when Wufei goes too far with his sexism? What's going to happen with Sarah and this punk kid and Crystal? Keep reading. Comment on what you do or don't like! Thanks!