Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Bar Side ( Chapter 36 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Bar side
 
It never took long to go from Crystal's house to the small shitty town where they grew up in. Old houses, new better homes that became new homes for the people living in the old shitty houses, a school building that needed to be torn down and labeled “war destructing” just to get a new building. Unfortunately no one thought just burning down the building and labeling that was such a good idea. In cities bars were at every block while in this town bars were every twenty feet it felt like.
 
Everyone knew the blue Mustang parked outside this bar. Everyone knew it was the Satoru girl who had come back for a sort visit or it was someone else with the same car.
 
Sarah walked into the bar a little after five in the afternoon. Like always the bar was empty at this time, but would soon fill up at five thirty when everyone came home from work. Very few people sat around in the dim bar. They were alone and already drunk. Sarah went up to the bar and gazing around. The men watched her in her tight jeans, Chucks, and a cute little top. What a prize they would say. Pretty at a young age and still pretty now.
 
She sat down on the stool and looked around. The bar tender, a great old friend was cleaning out his drinking glasses. He was a thin guy with blond hair and brown eyes. He looked up at her and smiled.
 
“Sarah. Great to see your ass back in here.”
 
Sarah smirked and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. “Great to see you too, Brad. Lighter?”
 
Brad smacked a simple lighter in front of her. “Anything else I can get you?”
 
She nodded. “White Russian.”
 
“Coming up,” he said happily. He went to make the drink and glanced up at Sarah. She lit up a cigarette and blew smoke out of the side of her mouth. “How long are you in town?”
 
“A few more hours.” She paused. “How was graduation?”
 
“Good. We had sixty people. Surprising since the war ended a few years ago. Funny how you and Crystal left before the war and never came back.”
 
Sarah shrugged. “I could care else on what's funny and what a bar tender says.”
 
Brad placed the White Russian in front of Sarah. “More like the whole town.”
 
“Yes the simple thousand people that live here that are actually two hundred years old and are going to die. Mind your own business.” She sipped at her drink. “So how's life?”
 
Brad smirked and went back to cleaning the glasses. “Fine. I have to ask you something.”
 
“Proceed,” she muttered waving her hand at him.
 
He leaned towards her. “How does a non-graduate of high school can afford that car and those clothes?”
 
Sarah smirked and leaned in closer to Brad. “I'm military and everything else is classified.”
 
Brad shook his head. “Did you know that punk kid you like so much was in jail again?” He started putting the clean glasses back into their spots.
 
Sarah nodded as she drank. “I know. I was the one who bailed him out. Where is he anyway?”
 
Brad looked over at the clock. “He should be in within a few minutes. Now if you excuse me, I need to get more glasses. Watch the booze for me.”
 
Sarah waved her finger at him. “No promises.”
 
Brad then went into the back to grab more glasses. Sarah sat there drinking her White Russian when she heard the familiar smoker's cough walking into the bar. His farm boots made loud noises as he walked over and whistled over at Sarah. She didn't turn around as she took a drag from her cigarette.
 
Evan leaned up onto the bar and called, “BRAD!!!! I'm taking a beer!”
 
Brad called back, “Talk it over with Sarah!”
 
Evan looked over at Sarah. He looked at her blankly as she simply stared back at him with a smirk on her face. He finally relaxed after a few minutes and sat down next to her.
 
“Can I get a beer?” he asked.
 
Sarah reached over grabbing a shot glass and a Vodka bottle. The other customers already there groaned knowing that if they had asked her it'd be a straight “Fuck off” or “Get out”. Evan always got special treatment from her. All the time. She poured him a shot.
 
He looked at the glass. “I wanted a beer.”
 
“You're drinking Vodka.”
 
Evan took the shot and put it back down in front of her. Evan was maybe a few inches taller than Sarah with tan beautiful skin. His pieced diamond earrings and a half drawn drunk tattoo quickly labeled him as “punk kid” for everyone in the small, narrow minded town. He had given Sarah her first smoke and drink.
 
“Fine get me drunk quicker.”
 
Sarah smiled at him. “You know no matter how many times I bail you out of jail I never receive a thank you first.”
 
Evan rolled his eyes. “Thank you so much for bailing me out of jail….again.”
 
Brad walked out putting glasses in their place. “For the twentieth time,” he muttered.
 
Evan shot him a dirty look. “Like you have room to talk.”
 
“HEY! She helped me get out of the military! NOT JAIL!”
 
Sarah glanced between the two. “Brad I'm buying everything for me and Evan tonight.”
 
“Gotcha.”
 
Evan pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He watched Sarah for a few minutes as he smoked. “What brings you back here? I know it's not me.”
 
“Crystal. She's visiting her parents before we get shipped out.”
 
Evan groaned and took off his many layers of clothing. He always had on three layers of clothing no matter how hot it was outside. “If you're getting shipped out then who's going to bail me out?” he joked.
 
Sarah sighed and now fully looked at him. “You know all you have to do now is take over Zeon's stock and you wont have to rely on me.”
 
Evan frowned at his uncle's name. He poured himself another drink. “Ha. Ha. I would rather not talk about that bastard.”
 
Sarah sipped at her drink shrugging. “That's the only reason why I'm here. We either talk about him or else I leave and you can pay for your own drinks.” She smiled evilly at him.
 
He groaned. “Alright. What do you want to know about Zeke?”
 
“Who's taking over his business? Your mother?”
 
Evan shook his head. A few more customers came in glancing at Sarah and Evan. They went to the other side of the bar to order their round of drinks.
 
“Mom would rather die than run his business,” he muttered.
 
Sarah finished her drink. “Brad! Another one.”
 
“On it!” he said and grabbed her glass.
 
Evan then reached across the bar and grabbed himself a beer. He popped it opened and started drinking. “Anything else?”
 
Sarah rested her head on her hand. “Oh, yes. Where would Zeon run off to? Do you remember if he owns anything elsewhere out of the country?”
 
Evan shook his head. “I don't know. The last time I saw him I was about twelve. Remember that's when the mafia came to town?”
 
A few older customers listening in groaned at the thought and shifted uncomfortably. Brad placed the White Russian back in front of Sarah and went to attend more customers.
 
Sarah sadly nodded. “I remember quite clearly.”
 
Evan nodded and drank. “So do tell what is the military going to do about him?”
 
“Classified.”
 
He shrugged uncaring. “I take it by your left hand you're still not married,” he muttered.
 
Sarah snuffed out her cigarette and lit another one. “I was close this time. Right now he's fighting in the war.”
 
“I'm sorry. Was this the one you met up in the colony or a different one?”
 
“Different one.” She heavily sighed. “How's your girlfriend doing?”
 
Evan groaned and continued to drink. He finished off his beer and grabbed another one. The nearby customers looked away like nothing had happened.
 
“Don't even get me started on that bitch!” he grumbled. “First she drains out my money-”
 
My money,” muttered Sarah.
 
“-and then she breaks up with me because Zeon decides to declare war on Earth and the Colonies.” He paused. “Oh, and she fucked around with my best friend.”
 
Sarah's forehead crinkled. “Dan? Ew. God I thought that kid had an overdose finally.”
 
“Not yet,” he muttered. “Who's the guy you're going to marry?”
 
“What makes you think I'm going to marry him?”
 
Evan shrugged and poured himself another shot. “You're drinking in this shit hole. Usually you take me out to dinner and pour money into my account.”
 
Sarah halfway smirked and nodded. She finished her drink and stretched out. “Yes, well about pouring money into your account. If I die you wont be getting it, so you better keep out of jail until I send you a postcard of something.”
 
Evan chuckled. “Nice joke there.” Sarah frowned at him. He now frowned. “Well fuck my life then. You aren't going to leave me anything?!?! Your best friend gets jack?”
 
Sarah nodded. “I'm pretty sure if and when Zeon dies you'll inherit all of his stocks and fortune.” She paused and patted his shoulder. “I gave you two million.”
 
“FUCK YA!” he exclaimed and slammed his shot glass down onto the wood. “That's what I'm talking about! I'm gonna get a new car and-” he saw Sarah's serious face and stopped.
 
“Evan this money is for you and your future. Do not blow it all away. If you do then we're done.”
 
Evan slowly nodded. “Half a mil is in an account that I can't access until I'm sixty, isn't it?”
 
Sarah happily smiled. “Of course it is. The rest is just in you're bank account. I strongly suggest taking out a few hundred grand and hide it just incase the banks close. You know how war goes.”
 
“Right,” he groaned.
 
Sarah's phone went off and she checked it. It was a message from Crystal: thirty minutes. She closed her phone and stood up. “Let me drive you home.” She slammed two one hundreds onto the counter. “Brad! This is for you. All of it.”
 
Brad took the money. “Thanks. You two have fun.”
 
Sarah grabbed Evan's shirt and dragged him out to her Mustang. “Passenger side. Don't you dare throw up in my car again.”
 
“Maybe if you didn't drive like a fucked up bitch I wouldn't vomit,” he retorted and got in.
 
Sarah slammed her door shut and started the car. She didn't say anything as she quickly backed up and zoomed off back into the country. Evan tightened his seatbelt as they left town and entered the long country roads with fields on both sides.
 
“Mind if I smoke?” he asked.
 
“Go ahead,” she muttered.
 
Evan lit a cigarette and looked down at his feet. His forehead crinkled and leaned down to pick something up. He held up a blue and pink rattler. “What the fuck?”
 
Sarah glanced over. “Crystal has a son now,” she answered and turned a corner. “Tell me does anyone else in town know of you and Zeon's relationship?”
 
“Nope.” He blew smoke out of the window. “They would've never guessed an heir to a company married a farmer. Plus different last names too retard.”
 
She glared over at him and sharply turned. Evan smacked his head on the window and growled. “Well I didn't know if Zeon came and visited either.”
 
Evan shrugged. “When I was little sometimes we'd go visit him in the city.” He paused watching Sarah's brick house flash by. “Aren't you going to visit your family before the war?”
 
“Nope.”
 
There was silence for a few minutes and they neared Evan's house. “Now you're positive Zeon doesn't own anything outside of the country?”
 
“Fuck if I know,” he muttered. Sarah pulled into his driveway and parked. He looked over at Sarah. “I hope it works out with you and this guy.”
 
Sarah softly smiled and leaned over and kissed Evan's cheek. “Thanks. I hope everything goes well with you.”
 
He nodded and got out. “I'll tell my mom you said hi. Later.” He walked towards his house and Sarah backed out of the driveway and zoomed to Crystal's parent's house. It didn't take her long as she took the back roads and finally pulled into the driveway.
 
Sarah went into the house holding Blaine's rattle and placed it on the table. Crystal was holding Blaine and saying goodbye to her parents. She kissed Blaine goodbye, hugged her parents, and put Blaine into a crib. All of his toys and other baby stuff surrounded the wooden crib. She went over to Sarah
 
“Let's go,” she sighed. She took one last look at her son and left the house, tears spilling over her eyes.
 
“Bye Carmon. Bob.” Sarah waved.
 
“Bye Sarah,” said Carmon and waved back.
 
Sarah grabbed Crystal's hand and led her out to the car. They got in and Sarah drove off again with Crystal softly crying in the seat next to her.
 
“You made the right choice,” said Sarah.
 
Crystal nodded. “I know.” She looked over at Sarah. “Anything new with Evan?”
 
“No. He doesn't know where Zeon could be either.”
 
“Great,” muttered Crystal.
 
Sarah then went through the small town and got onto the highway going directly back to Villa.