Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Wonder ( Chapter 40 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Wonder
 
Zechs rubbed his face as he sat in his room. He was sitting behind one of the few items that the fire hadn't destroyed all those years ago. A beautiful dark oak desk imprinted with jewels with the royal colors of the Sanc Kingdom. His legs were stretched out as Relena paced back and worth in front of him. She was still in her blue flowing dress, thinking. Noin, Dorothy, and Sally idly watched from a piano bench.
 
“How could this happen?” muttered Relena. “I invite everyone and someone poisons Colonel Jacob! How dare they! I'm trying to finish this war and-”
 
“Do we know how he was poison?” asked Noin. Her eyes were mostly on the statue figure of Zechs.
 
“Drink most likely,” muttered Sally. “Everyone said that he didn't eat anything. Only drank the Champaign, which we tested and was negative for any kind of poisons.”
 
Dorothy, sitting between Noin and Sally, flattened out her pink puffy dress. “This case does not make any sense Miss Relena. Lets see here for a minute!” She stood up and stopped Relena in her tracks. “Lets review the facts. Colonel Jacob died over an hour ago and whoever did it is probably gone.”
 
Noin groaned. “Then why are we wasting time trying to figure out why he was poisoned? He was going to kill Zechs!” she growled the last part.
 
Zechs, lovingly, glanced over at her. She was so protective over him. “It's fine Noin. Whoever killed him knew that I was a target and stopped him. I say we let this one slide.”
 
Relena shook her head. “NO!” Everyone looked at her. “Two female generals left exactly five minutes after Jacob died and their excuse was that they had to get back to their mobile suits!”
 
Sally shrugged and leaned back. Her elbows rested on the piano. “So what? A lot of people came and went throughout the party. Why these two girls?”
 
Relena sighed and frowned. “The girl I saw leaving looked like Sarah.”
 
Zechs' eyes went directly to his sister's eyes. He didn't say one word as the other girls looked at Relena questionably.
 
“Trowa's Sarah?” asked Sally, shocked. “Sarah James.”
 
“Yes except she was a lot thinner and I mean A LOT! Sarah would've have to lost ten or fifteen pounds to look like her.” Relena looked at her brother. “Was it Sarah James?”
 
Zechs shook his head. “No. Her name is Sarah Satoru. I met her up in space about six years ago and she has always been that thin.”
 
Dorothy glanced between Zechs and Relena. “Let's call her then.”
 
Relena shook her head. “Sarah hasn't answered her cell or home phone since Trowa left. We would have to call Victor Ect's office in order to speak to her.”
 
“Then call it.”
 
 
Sarah and Crystal were back in their space suits in the country next to the Sanc Kingdom. Sarah sat in the cockpit reprogramming a few systems when her phone went off. She checked it. Victor was calling. She raised an eyebrow and said, “Kamiya. Victor's calling.”
 
Crystal jumped out of the Jeep and ran over to Sarah's side. “Who do you think it is?”
 
Sarah shrugged. She answered it. “Hello Mr. Ect,” she said in a happy voice.
 
“Don't you dare pull that happy go lucky voice with me!” Victor growled on the other end. “That Peacegift girl wants to talk to you. Do you realize how late it is over here?!?!?!”
 
“Peacecraft,” corrected Sarah. “Connect her through.”
 
“Here's Sarah!”
 
“Hello Sarah,” said Relena, sweetly. “How have you been?”
 
Sarah frowned and looked at Crystal. Crystal silently groaned frowning. “I'm not getting much sleep to be honest.”
 
“Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that. I see you're still at Victor's office this late.”
 
Sarah faked yawned. “Uh-HAH! War is such a hassle. Today shipments were blown up, so everything's been a mess. How's the Sanc Kingdom?”
 
“Fairly well.” She paused. “Why don't you ever answer your phone anymore? Did you and Crystal throw them away?” It sounded more like Dorothy than Relena speaking now.
 
Crystal glared at the phone.
 
“Dorothy I do not know why Crystal never answers her phone, but I can tell you right now, that I'm busy and don't have time for these friendly calls. What do you want?” hissed Sarah. God she hated Dorothy. Besides Wufei, Dorothy was the most hated person in the group.
 
Crystal smirked. Dorothy almost sounded stunned as she asked, “We just wanted to check up on you. Everyone's worried about you.”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “Well I'm fine thank you very much!” Time to sound desperate and hurt.
 
Fun. Fun.
 
Before Relena or Dorothy could respond Sarah said, “Besides not being able to sleep because Trowa's probably found someone else and he hasn't called!” She now sounded hurt and on the verge of crying. Which was true: he hadn't called and she was on the verge of crying whenever she thought of it. Crystal hugged Sarah as she finished up. “I can't believe that boy! First he just leaves and NOW!!!!! I'm sorry, but I have to go!”
 
Sarah heard a faint protest as she hung up. She heavily sighed and hugged Crystal.
 
Life sucked. Time to get over it already.
 
 
 
Relena hung up her phone and looked at Zechs. “Did she sound like your Sarah?”
 
Zechs shook his head. “No. Nothing like her.”
 
Sally sighed. “Its sad not knowing where our boys are at,” she muttered. “Especially for Sarah and Crystal that don't know that they could die and just aren't simple mechanics.”
 
Relena nodded. She prayed every night that Heero would return safely to her. She guessed that everyone did that too since all five Gundams were sighted all the time.
 
Zechs then stated, “Well girls if you could please leave. I'm tired.” He paused seeing Noin and Sally stand up from the bench. “Noin I need to speak with you for a moment.”
 
She nodded.
 
“Goodnight,” muttered Relena and walked out of the bedroom. Dorothy followed her like a cat and Sally walked out closing the doors behind her.
 
Noin looked at Zechs. “What is it?”
 
He stood up and stretched. Zechs walked over to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bed. “Your dress looks too tight to be worn.”
 
Noin smiled wrapping her arms around him. “Of course it is.”
 
 
Sarah and Crystal then got into the Jeep and left the area of the Sanc Kingdom. They were going towards another city with a workable airport. They were leaving this side of the country to go either home or God knows where.