Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Near the End ( Chapter 41 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Near the End
 
The boys had made it from South America up to the North then across the globe almost. They went with the Allied forces against Zeon's crazily armed forces. It had almost been a full year since the war started and they weren't any closer to Zeon than before. When Duo and Trowa called home the girls didn't answer nor call back. When Heero decided to check in with Releena she had said that Sarah and Crystal were always with Mr. Ect and never really slept at home. This didn't help the boys at all in their worries. Maybe they did leave them and weren't going to wait for them?
 
Heero knew that Sarah and Crystal were out fighting in the war. He just hoped they didn't run into them. Or fighting in a battle.
 
Oh how joyful would that be over the dinner table?
 
They were sitting in a booth again at a local diner. The military were crammed in there with them demanding food and faster service. Waiters and waitress ran back and forth, inside and outside. The manager even called in the other workers to run around outside to take orders from the ones that refused to leave their mobile suits. No one said a word to each other as they idly messed with the straws in their drinks.
 
The night before was an unexpected battle. They were also doing the last few drugs from the bar at the beginning of the war. Battling high wasn't something that they weren't going to do again. Duo had fallen asleep during battle and was nearly killed. Wufei began to tweak out during the middle of the fight and somehow thought the trees were the enemy mobile suits and attacked them instead. Quatre had ran blindly into the enemy forces startling them and ended up almost dying himself. Trowa had followed Quatre into battle and was shot down by a missile later on. Heero as always seemed not to be affect by it in battle, but once the battle was over went completely insane. He had jumped out of Zero, screaming, and it took Trowa and Quatre to bring him down. Wufei was still having own private war with the trees. Duo was still asleep.
 
Tonight Trowa had stolen another Jeep and drove here with the other soldiers. They were all dressed in black space uniform except for Wufei. Heero wished that he had his jacket from outer space, but somehow knew Sarah was wearing it. Duo rubbed his face and sighed.
 
“I've decided that in the next three months if this war doesn't seem like it's going to end, I'm leaving,” stated Duo. They looked at him silently. “I can't die here with Crystal and Blaine waiting for me. Sorry guys.”
 
Quatre nodded approvingly. “That was the answer you should've said before we left.”
 
Duo slowly nodded. “But I wouldn't miss this much fun for anything!” He smirked.
 
“Especially last night when you could've died, right?” muttered Heero.
 
Duo frowned. “You just have to worry everything you son of bitch don't you?”
 
Heero glanced over at Duo uncaringly. “Bitch.”
 
“Pig fucker,” hissed Duo.
 
Trowa then began to laugh at the two. Quatre looked questionably at Trowa and smirked. High again, most likely. Trowa never used all of his pills. Wufei and the others looked at Trowa and smiled. Maybe Trowa was so tired of everything now or high he finally just cracked.
 
“Tweaking out?” asked Wufei stirring his tea with a straw.
 
Before Trowa could answer, Quatre quickly said, “At least he's not shooting at trees.”
 
Wufei gave Quatre the finger. Trowa looked at Wufei again. “At least you didn't fall asleep.” The gang began to laugh.
 
After a while the food was brought to them and drinks refilled quickly. They were trying to get everyone in and out. Some of the soldiers were kicked out because they sat around relaxing. The owner felt bad, but the soldiers just nodded and left.
 
The boys left the diner in their tight group. As they went out to the Jeep neatly parked with the others Duo and Quatre were arguing who was sitting in the middle. Wufei said nothing as he gazed idly around with the other soldiers. Trowa was spinning the key ring on his finger as Heero walked next to him.
 
“Yeah, yeah whatever Kat!” snapped Duo and jumped into the Jeep. Frowning he sat down in the middle as Quatre sat next to him and Wufei climbed in one the other side.
 
“Trowa Barton.”
 
Trowa stopped and turned to look at the man standing behind him. He was tall with black short hair. He was wearing a space uniform that made him look pure white. His hand was eye level with Trowa that held a gun pointing at his forehead. Everyone around them went silent and stared at this scene.
 
Trowa remained emotionless as everyone else went pale. Duo's mouth dropped open, Quatre quickly stood up, but stopped when the man pointed at him, Wufei's eyes widened, and Heero, standing directly behind Trowa, frowned.
 
“Took me a while to find you, but I finally got you you sonofabitch!” he snapped. “This is for Lisa and Charlie!”
 
In most cases Heero would've already had his gun out and simply just shoot this kid in the head. Heero didn't have a gun on him tonight. Instead of Trowa jumping to the side or hitting the gun to the side he stayed there.
 
BANG
 
“TROWA!” screamed Quatre. He stood up and darted over to Trowa.
 
BANG
 
“HEERO!” screamed Duo and jumped towards Heero. Wufei jumped into the driver's seat and turned on the Jeep.
 
Trowa, stumbling backwards, held the side of his neck with blood dripping through his fingers. Heero held his shoulder grinding his teeth together from pain while the other hand held the man's gun. The man holding the gun was now on the ground with blood pouring from his head. Before he could shoot Trowa's forehead, Trowa (still high from his last few pills) slammed the gun downwards and it went off. The bullet went through the left side of Trowa's neck and he fell to the ground. The bullet then went through Heero's shoulder as he grabbed the gun with his other hand and shot the man in the head.
 
Trowa was now kneeling on the ground as Quatre slapped his hand onto his neck. He screamed out in pain shoving Quatre away. Duo grabbed Heero and pulled him towards the Jeep. Heero pushed him off of him and jumped into the back seat dropping the gun on the Jeep floor. Everyone around them watched with stunned faces.
 
“Trowa! Get up!” snapped Quatre trying to pull him up. Trowa fell back on the ground as he looked down at his bloody hand.
 
Shit. I'm going to bleed out, was Trowa's passing thought. Everything started to go blurry as he felt Quatre try to pull him up.
 
“Fuck!”
 
Wufei put the Jeep in gear and drove over to Trowa and Quatre. Duo jumped out, grabbed Wufei's white jacket, ripped off the sleeve and slapped it onto Trowa's neck. It kept Trowa conscious for a few more seconds.
 
“GET UP!” snapped Duo. Him and Quatre then threw in the back seat and jumped in. Wufei then took off towards the city.
 
Heero then shouted at Wufei. “DRIVE FASTER!” He then smacked Trowa's neck keeping him awake.
 
“Heero!” snapped Quatre.
 
“SHUT UP! TROWA!” He screamed. Trowa looked at him idly frowning. “What the hell did you do to piss of Zeon?!”
 
Trowa's forehead crinkled. “Why would you…” He started to drift and Heero smacked him again. Trowa screamed in pain and Quatre cringed.
 
“What did you do to piss off Zeon?” he demanded. “I know for a fact Zeon wants you dead!”
 
“How do you know?” His words were slurring together. He was going to black out soon from loss of blood.
 
Quatre wrapped Wufei's jacket around Trowa's neck. “Heero he's going to pass out.”
 
“I KNOW!” he snapped. “Trowa stay with me!”
 
Trowa's eyes started to droop and muttered, “Sarah…I'm sorry…”
 
He then blacked out.