Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ When It Clicked ( Chapter 42 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When It Clicked
 
The girls had been sitting at a café when Trowa and Heero were shot. They weren't in their space suits anymore instead they dressed in cute little sundresses. They had stopped in Western Europe for a few days to simply relax before joining the States again. The war was still burning on and luckily it hadn't gone into space. The Gundam boys were responsible for that.
 
“I can't wait until I see Blaine,” said Crystal, excitedly. “I wonder how much he's grown?” She was now on her second cup of coffee.
 
Sarah shrugged sipping at her own coffee. “I don't know. Maybe Evan and him are great friends?”
 
Crystal dryly laughed at this. “Har. Har. Very funny.”
 
“He could start stealing cars and everything!” laughed Sarah. She then stopped and rubbed her chest.
 
Crystal raised an eyebrow. “Are you okay?”
 
It was a sharp pain in Sarah's heart. Something bad had happened. Trowa? Heero? Or both? Hell, maybe even Evan was in a car crash somewhere. She knew if it was for Trowa or Heero they might be dead.
 
“Sarah?”
 
She shook her head and forced a smile. If she told Crystal then it could also mean Duo's death as well. Nothing to worry about.
 
“I'm fine,” she said. “You know that feeling you get when you can feel liquid going through your heart? That's what I just had.” She giggled.
 
Crystal smiled and took another drink.
 
On the inside Sarah was freaking out. On the outside calm as ever.
 
 
 
 
Trowa slowly opened his eyes feeling a dull pain at his neck. At first everything was blurry then with a few blinks it became clearer. A hospital room. Great. They left him in a hospital. He touched the side of his neck remembering what his last thoughts were.
 
I'm going to die.
 
He closed his eyes and sighed. He remembered most of the night whenever that was. They had gotten back from repairing their Gundams and he had gone out and stolen a truck. Afterwards everything was in a high outlook since he took the last few of his pills. Then Jack showed up with a gun and pointed at his head.
 
Trowa groaned not remembering really anything after that. Heero smacked him a few times and his last thought, but that was about it. He then felt the IV stuck in his hand pumping him full of painkillers. He needed to get up and see where everyone else was. Trowa sighed and turned onto his side. Maybe later.
 
“What did you do to Zeon?”
 
Trowa opened his green eye and looked over at Heero. Heero was in white scrubs and a muscle shirt leaning against the wall. His left arm hung loosely down at his side since his shoulder was bandaged and taped up.
 
“The others aren't here,” he stated. “They're hiding the mobile suits back in Satoru's hanger.”
 
Trowa sat up and glanced around the room. “How long have I been out?”
 
“Half a day.” Heero paused, walked towards the bed, and sat down. He moved his shoulder up and down a few times ignoring the pain. He had worse pain than this. “Why does Zeon want you, personally, dead?”
 
Trowa sighed and once again touched his neck. He still couldn't feel anything. “Why would you think that?”
 
Heero didn't know on how he should answer this. There were several ways. I know a girl who is suppose to kill you and she says that Zeon only knew about you, but not us. The second way. One solider targets you and not us. The third way. You've pissed off a lot of people with taking the name Trowa Barton.
 
Let's choose a different one.
 
“In my line of work you get to hear who gets to kill who. I know someone who was assigned to kill you, but didn't because for their own reasons. They said out of all the Gundam pilots he only knew about you. I don't know what you did before you became Trowa Barton, but I need to know now. Who were Lisa and Charlie?”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow at this. Who was suppose to and when was he suppose to be dead? And more importantly, why hadn't Heero told him this before and why didn't they kill him?
 
“Who were Lisa and Charlie?” Heero asked again.
 
Trowa looked down then back up at Heero. “Lisa and Charlie Zeon. I killed them and took their fortune.”
 
Heero frowned. “Zeke Zeon's kids? You killed them?”
 
Stunned. Lisa and Charlie Zeon were Zeon's only kids that were suppose to take over the family business. Lisa had been known as a partier and a pro fighter for the war. She had pushed her father to also help support the war while she went out and partied. Charlie was known for the brains of the family. He didn't party or cared about the war. He was finishing his last year at college when died. The two siblings had been found dead at one of the family's home. Both shot. Money gone. Drugs everywhere.
 
Trowa nodded. “Zeke saw me running towards Heavyarms and has been after me ever since.”
 
Heero sighed and stood up. He paced back and worth thinking on what to do. He stopped and looked at Trowa.
 
“How do you think this guy found you?”
 
Trowa shrugged. “Maybe he heard the Gundam boys were high,” he muttered. He now rubbed his face.
 
“We can leave by tomorrow,” stated Heero. “Then we'll go back to Satoru's hanger and lay low for a week or two. It'll give us time to heal.”
 
Trowa nodded. “How much longer do you think this war will keep going?”
 
Heero shrugged. He honestly didn't know. “Whenever Zeon decides to give up or dies.” He smirked. If Zeon died he knew who would pull the trigger.
 
“What?”
 
He shook his head. “Nothing. Go back to sleep, but I'm sure Quatre will wake you up when he gets back.”
 
Trowa frowned. He didn't want to see Quatre. He wanted to see Sarah so badly. “Where's the hospital phone at?”
 
Heero looked on the other side of the bed. Trowa leaned over, picked it up and called the apartment. He didn't care how much the phone bill would be. He just wanted to hear Sarah's lovely voice before going back out into war. It rang and rang and rang. It then stopped when the machine took it. They hadn't bothered to program it, so Duo's voice said, “Hey! This is Trowa and Sarah's apartment. They're gone right now. Leave message!” He hung up and frowned.
 
“Didn't pick up?” asked Heero.
 
Trowa shook his head.
 
“Crystal hasn't answered either.”
 
Trowa sighed. Maybe Sarah finally left and wasn't ever coming home. She just left everything for him so when he returned home he'd have somewhere to sleep and eat. He hoped that wasn't the case at all.