Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ This Double Life Might Kill Me ( Chapter 43 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This Double Life Might Kill Me
 
Evan rubbed his face groaning at the sight of the television. They had been running the news reports for hours now. A cigarette was between his fingers nearly lit with a shot glass of whiskey on the desk. He wasn't in Brad's bar anymore in the middle of no where instead he was sitting at a desk in a very noticeable place. His mother had pushed him towards this job and when his uncle finally decided to give him the job, he took it.
 
Sure he wasn't qualified, but fuck. What else was he suppose to do? Deny it? This was his chance-maybe not the best way, but to repay Sarah for everything that she had done. He knew once the news came out that she and Kamiya would be out in that dusty town wanting answers and facts.
 
Sarah would first check the bar or go directly to his house. Hell his own mother would probably set up a room for her if she asked to spend the night or just wait for him to return. Kamiya would be at her parent's house like usual. He had heard a rumor that her kid was staying out there while she took on her nurse duties into the war. He thought that whole “Crystal went to medical school” was full of shit and was the only right one in town (besides her own parents of course).
 
A knock at the door. He tensed up. He even knew that it was his secretary Claire.
 
“C'mon,” he grumbled.
 
Claire walked in her neon yellow heels and pink dress. Her hair was curly today with big loopy earrings. “Mr. Glunt your car is ready to take you back home.”
 
He even got his own personalized car. No wonder Sarah loved her job so much besides the hundreds of thousands of dollars that were handed over to her.
 
“Thanks Claire. I'll be down in a bit.”
 
Claire, smiling, nodded and left. There was something about her that didn't quite fit. He guessed if anyone should be his secretary it should be Sarah or hell even Crystal. The way Claire did and knew things were scary. It was like she was another Sarah…but maybe not as good.
 
She's hot, but I wouldn't wanna date her. He stood up and snuffed out his cigarette. How in the hell could his uncle be apart of this world? Hadn't he learned from Lisa and Charlie's deaths?
 
Evan Glunt, now the owner and whatever else his uncle gave him of Zeon Enterprise, downed his whiskey and pulled on his jacket. He walked out of his office and down to his car. This was going to save time with Sarah. She would've found him in a third world country with a new face.
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Sarah and Crystal were back in Villa before they knew it. Victor had moved his office around on all floors that it felt like a totally new building. The walls, windows, and doors were watched. Victor welcomed the girls back and frowned. Thin, pale, worn out from fighting and killing, and tired. He thought they were going to pass out when they sat down in the armchairs in their spacesuits. Ann quickly brought them drinks and food to eat.
 
“It's good to see you alive, but to see you looking like you're about to fall over isn't as good,” stated Victor. Sarah and Crystal were slumped into the armchair staring at him. Not caring. “Well I assumed since you came back that you need a few months off from this war?”
 
“I'm finished with the war,” said Crystal sitting up. Victor raised an eyebrow. “I can't be away from Blaine any longer. I've already spent basically a year away from him. Sorry Victor.”
 
Victor nodded with a slight smile on his face. He knew this had been coming and was finally glad. Crystal never should've left her son. In fact, she and her son should've left together without her foolish husband. “I understand perfectly.” He then looked at Sarah. “What about you Satoru?”
 
Sarah was still slumped over in her chair. She nodded. “I'm out too. I can do what I was hired to do, but not in a mobile suit and not at the Peacecraft mansion.”
 
Victor nodded again. “And you're also very corrected. Thank you for serving your country my girls. Crystal will I be seeing you after the war?”
 
Crystal shrugged. “Who knows? I might move out to the middle of no where and live.” Victor's face slightly fell and Crystal smirked. “Of course I'll come back. I can't let Sarah have all the fun. Plus one day she might become pregnant.”
 
Sarah heavily sighed. James. Trowa. She weakly smiled at Crystal. She highly doubt that either one of them would come back alive…little alone sane. It crushed her heart to even think about visiting Trowa in a clinic. “Hopefully.”
 
Victor nodded. Ann then quickly ran in and nearly slammed the door behind her. They all looked at her as she quickly walked to Victor's television and flipped on the news channel. Victor raised an eyebrow.
 
“What Ann?”
 
“I'm so sorry Mr. Ect. You must see this.” She kept flipping through the news channels trying to find the right one. “I went to the bathroom and heard some girls talking about him.”
 
“Who?”
 
She found the channel and turned up the volume. Crystal's eyes widened, glance over at Sarah then back at the television, stunned. Sarah's mouth slightly dropped open and stared at the picture on the screen. Victor's forehead crinkled.
 
“Zeke Zeon's company seemed to be going downhill since he had no one else to take over. Now his hidden family has taken over the family business on his sister's side. Mr. Zeon's nephew, Evan Glunt, has taken over this business. Hopeful? Very doubtful.” Sarah smirked to herself at that. “This young man hasn't even graduated high school, but who didn't during that time of war? Sure. He gets slack there, but what about for his criminal record? Mr. Glunt has been to jail countless times for DUI, auto-theft, and possibly drugs. No one knows why he's not in jail, but our sources tells us that each and very time someone has bailed him out and probably paid off judges not to send him to jail for more than a year. We do not know who this person is except for an old friend.”
 
All this time they had a picture of Evan, most likely drunk, sitting in Brad's bar drinking. Sarah guessed that they had caught him by surprised. He looked at the photographer like he was crazy almost, but the picture was a good one. Evan was still beautiful even in the bar light. His eyes, skin, and hair almost glowed. No one the girls in the bathroom were talking about him.
 
Ann looked at Victor. “What should we do? Kill him off now?”
 
Sarah tensed and looked at Victor who simply shrugged. “If he's a criminal and God knows what else let him be. Someone else is probably helping him until he gets the hangs of things.” He paused. “Kill him off now.”
 
“No!” snapped Sarah standing up. “Let him be played and let him fail. He's not our problem at the moment.”
 
Victor simply looked at Sarah. Very rarely did she deny killing someone. Did she know him? Bailment out of jail, judges being paid off-would not surprise him. “Do you know him?” he asked bluntly.
 
Sarah stared at him. How to answer this? She didn't care. What was Victor going to do? Kill Evan anyway? He couldn't. She knew the other assassins and they wouldn't dare to even think about killing him.
 
“I do,” she stated. Victor glanced down at Crystal who slightly nodded. “We've been friends forever. If Evan was placed into Zeon's position then that means Zeon asked Evan. Trust me he wouldn't just decide to take that position.”
 
It then clicked for Victor. He nodded. “Going to find Zeon?”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
Crystal walked into her parent's house without Sarah. She had just dropped her off and was now zooming back towards town. Towards the bar. She dropped her bag by the front door and saw her mother appear holding Blaine.
 
“Welcome back sweetie.” She looked at Blaine. “You're mommy's back home.”
 
Blaine looked at Crystal with his big blue eyes. Crystal's heart crushed. Duo's powerful blue eyes stared at her. Blaine's hair was longer now and was still her blond hair. Tears formed in her eyes and she grabbed Blaine and hugged him tightly. He didn't cry instead he giggled and grabbed his mother's hair. Crystal began to happily cry.
 
“I want to know everything that I've missed,” she said looking at Blaine.
 
Carmen nodded. “Of course. It's good to see you in one piece.”
 
Rob then came to the doorway. “By the way Crystal how did a retard like Evan become CEO of Zeon's company?”
 
Crystal shrugged and bounced Blaine him on her hip. “That's why Sarah's gone.”
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Sarah parked her Mustang and walked into Brad's bar once more. She wasn't going to waste time with Crystal's parents and pointless questions about Evan. She needed to find Zeon now. She walked through the door and quickly saw Evan sitting at the bar like usual. He was in a black suit, probably drinking the strongest drink Brad could make.
 
The older and younger men watched her walk over to this new CEO in her heels and leather pants. Her hair was perfectly straight, makeup applied correctly in case there were TV crew or media reporters. Her white halter top popped against the black. Brad looked up and smirked.
 
“Welcome back Sarah.”
 
Evan turned to see her and smiled. “Yes. Welcome back Satoru.”
 
Sarah sat down next to Evan and smirked. She kissed his cheek. “Hello Mr. CEO. Any reporters?”
 
Evan shook his head. “Nope, but I think my “secretary” does your kind of work.”
 
“Claire's not very good at my kind of work. Trust me if she even looks at you wrong she'll be gone.”
 
“Well that's good to know,” he grumbled and took another drink.
 
“Want anything?” asked Brad.
 
“No thank you. Only the company of Evan in my back seat. Let's go.” Sarah grabbed Evan's hand, and dragged him out of the bar. The men and women watched this young girl dragging the new CEO out of a bar.
 
Interesting.
 
They got into the car and drove off. Claire got out of the car, dumbfounded, that Evan knew Satoru.
 
Sarah looked at Evan as she slowly drove this time. “What no protests of any kind?”
 
Evan was slumped down in his chair. “Do you realize how much the media has lied about me? They think I'm some criminal!”
 
Sarah smirked. “Well you are a criminal that keeps getting out of jail. Not the business major with a minor in math and communication.”
 
Evan looked at her. “Thanks for reminding me,” he muttered. “I knew you'd come back to see me.”
 
Sarah nodded and pulled over to the side of the road. She faced him. “Where's Zeon?”
 
He stared at her blankly.
 
“Where's your uncle?”
 
“I can't tell you. I know you're going to kill him.”
 
Sarah frowned. “Your uncle left your sister and you in the middle of no where-”
 
“That's not true!” he protested. “He was there!”
 
Sarah shook her head. “No he wasn't Evan. Stop trying to protect him already. He left you, started a war, and he's being a pain in the ass for asking his nephew to take over.” Evan's face hardened. “Why did you take over?”
 
“Mom. She didn't beg verbally, but I knew she did. I never told her that you gave me money and we needed it so I took his position when he asked me to. I knew if I just happened to have that million or even twenty bucks she would've thought that I stolen it.” He rubbed his face. “I just wanted to make her proud. For once in my life.”
 
Sarah leaned towards Evan. “Where's Zeon?”
 
He looked at her lovingly, touched her face, and answered. This war had to end and Sarah was the best person to do it.