Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Coming About ( Chapter 46 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Coming About
 
Sarah woke up screaming throwing the pillow at the dresser before her. She had started to throw things lately. It knocked over her perfume bottles, hairbrush, and the black box that held the ring Trowa had given her. She breathed hard, sweating, as she stared into space. She could feel the cold sweat running down her face, arms, legs, stomach, and back just dripping. The bed sheets were soaked from tears and sweat. No one laid next to her to wake her up from the dream or to help her calm down. She was alone.
 
The same terrifying dream where Trowa was gunned down replayed in her head over and over again. When she slept it was worse. Everything seemed real-the details were becoming clearer and clearer. It was beginning to feel real now. It wasn't getting better either. Sarah guessed she started to throw stuff because in the dream she was now holding something and throwing it towards Trowa.
 
She rubbed her face free of sweat and got out of bed to go to the bathroom. There was a new scare to her body-a lovely small burn mark from Zeon's house. They had found Zeon's charcoaled body in the room with his head barely hanging on his neck. Zeon's house was destroyed by a planned fire, which got out of control and began to burn the forest that surrounded it. Out of control fire.
 
Perfect plan going not so perfect.
 
That was four months ago and the Gundam boys still hadn't returned. Three months ago the war had officially ended and no Gundam boys. The last time the media had seen them were four months ago right before Zeon was declared dead.
 
Crystal was back in the apartment trying to get the old, dead air smell out and make it look like she and Blaine had stayed. Sarah had gone over and somewhat trashed the apartment (and cleaned it up afterwards) to age it. Crystal had done the same thing to Sarah's apartment. It wasn't the same anymore. They guessed nothing would be the same.
 
Sarah went over to the dresser and tossed the pillow back onto the bed. She gathered up everything that had fallen off and shoved it back onto the dresser. She sat down, picked up the little black box, and sighed. Sarah leaned up against the wall and stared at the bed. Her heart ached and was dying without Trowa. She rested her head against the dresser and began to cry.
 
Trowa probably wasn't coming back.
 
She fell to the side crying. He wasn't coming back.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Trowa laid in bed staring up at the white ceiling completely silent. He heard the birds outside and the other patients roaming around the hallways. His hair was shorter than before, he was pale, and didn't feel like ever moving again. He had his own room this time….mainly because Quatre paid extra for one. He slowly blinked, turned his head to the window, and sighed.
 
He got a view this time too. A nice one actually. Trees. Flowers. People walking on the free war zone sidewalks. He wanted to roll onto his side, but being strapped down made it hard. In fact, impossible. Trowa sighed and closed his eyes tightly. The only great thing about being tied down this time was that he didn't have to listen to the mindless chatter of a roommate. God that got so annoying when his roommates would keep talking without a pause or anything. Once he fell asleep then woke up to the same brainless talking.
 
Putting mutes with talkers didn't help much. Even if you do choose on not talking for about a year or two.
 
There was a nicely healed scar on his neck now. Two sets of stitches had been placed in his neck so far. The first set from the bullet the second set to replace the first set. Well to replace the first set and to stitch up the new cut in his neck in order to take out the first set. Along with the newer scar on his neck one more was on his arm.
 
Duo called it depression from having another war and guessed that Trowa couldn't handle another one. Duo barely lasted himself. The only thing that kept him sane was Crystal and Blaine. Quatre didn't call it anything since Trowa always had this problem. He simply ignored the facts and almost reality since he went into one of his crazy moods. Heero and Duo had locked Quatre up in a room as he trashed it, crawled at the walls, and cursed. Wufei called it weakness and was attacked by Quatre. He iced down a black eye for a month.
 
Was there any hope left?
 
He felt completely empty inside. No emotion except…loneness, he guessed. He heavily sighed again. All he had been doing since he got here. Therapy was a waste of time again. Endless random chatting from patients and doctors drove him insane. The visits from the Gundam boys telling him to pull his shit together because they wanted to go home. Everyone had a different approach to this as well…..sorta. Heero did nor said really anything to Trowa as he laid there, dead. Duo simply told him to act like a man because he wasn't wasting any more time without his wife and child. Wufei didn't come in and say anything. Quatre probably did the least amount of help by telling him that they could bring in Sarah then went into another crazy mood by trashing Trowa's room.
 
Sarah. Now that was a happy thought. Maybe it was time to leave.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Duo was long gone and had been gone for a while now. He started packing one morning and left the hanger. He walked out of his room to see the others sitting idly on the couches and chairs watching the TV. They looked at him, all with different looks. No one tried to stop him since they knew it was also time to return.
 
With or without Trowa.
 
Duo's response, “Sorry boys but the God of Death will be dead if I have to stay here for another minute. I'll make up a lie for Tro if I have to, but you guys should head back home now.”
 
“I'm not waiting for Trowa,” stated Wufei as he stared at the TV. He looked like an alien as his glossy black eyes showed no life.
 
Quatre turned towards Wufei glaring as his eye twitched. Maybe it was a good idea for Quatre to just attack Wufei and get it over with. He needed a good punch in the stomach or other eye.
 
Duo looked at Wufei, uncaringly. “Thanks for clarifying that asshole. I'll see you later.”
 
Heero and Quatre said goodbye to Duo and told him that they'd see him soon with or without Trowa. Duo left the hanger leaving his Gundam behind and got on the first flight back home. When he sat down on the plane he automatically smiled, thought of how much Blaine could've grown, and prayed to God that Crystal was still hanging around. He even hoped that he got a good smack from her.
 
After all he did leave her longer than a year.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Trowa stood at the front desk dressed in his not so normal clothes. No more turtle necks with his tight jeans and shoes….well at least for today anyway. He was in flip flops, shorts, and a T-shirt. His wrists just had a simple gaze tightly wrapped as he quickly signed the necessary papers to get out of the loony bin once again. Heero stood next to him in jeans and a Russian T-shirt signing the forms to release Trowa.
 
“Now are you sure about this?” asked Heero handing back the paper.
 
Trowa nodded.
 
Heero stared at him for a moment taking a quick glance at him. “If you don't start speaking I'll keep you in here until Quatre or I come back to Russia.”
 
“I'm perfectly fine Heero,” he stated with a fake smile. He handed back the forms to the nurse at the front desk. “I just had a simple break down.”
 
They walked towards the doors. Heero rolled his eyes. “Right. A break down where you almost died-again!” They walked outside to the bright sunlight.
 
Trowa shrugged. He looked down at his wrists. They had healed up quite nicely and he could pass them off for being months older than they were. Sarah always came home sore, so maybe she wouldn't ask any questions like he didn't.
 
“Whatever. When do we leave?”
 
Heero checked his watch as they walked towards a waiting cab. “In two hours. Everything's packed and ready to go.”
 
They got in and drove to the airport. Trowa watched the city go by as he unwrapped the gaze. He slightly frowned. Maybe this was going to be harder to hide than he planned. Sure everything had healed nicely, but the marks were more noticeable now than ever.
 
Heero looked over at him. “Don't worry about it. She'll only care that you're alive and trust me, lies will work.” Heero lied about the second part knowing perfectly well he'd get smack if Sarah didn't figure it out.
 
Trowa nodded. He wasn't so much worried about Sarah finding out instead on the others back home. Cathy, Releena, and whoever else knew of his attempted suicidal streak.