Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 47 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Unexpected
Quatre was back.
 
It had been on the television when he made his first public appearance in over a year. Behind him were his sisters that secretly took over the family business while he was out. He smiled, laughed, and took questions from everyone. Flashes of light went off joyously on how the Sand Prince had returned to the public's eye.
 
“Why haven't you made any other appearances Mr. Winner?” asked one reporter.
 
Quatre smiled and knew the lie perfectly. “For the simple fact to throw off Zeon and to-“ he giggled at this part, “to give a good scare for my competitors. Thank you. No more questions.” He walked off the stage.
 
That interview had been playing all day long. It was yesterday's news. Literally. Quatre had beaten the boys with his private jet.
 
They were returning. Slowly, but surely, they were returning.
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
 
Duo hadn't expected much when he returned to the apartment building where he had lived. In fact, he was surprise to see the Maxwell name still on the door. He had been standing outside of the doorway for the past twenty minutes now. No one noticed how the man in black just stared at the door.
 
He finally moved. He lightly pressed his ear up to the door hearing the television and mindless chatter of a baby. Blaine had started talking without him. His heart cringed and thought of Crystal once more. She had stayed and raised him all by herself without him. More importantly though, she stayed, like she whispered she would.
 
That's when he heard her voice calling for Blaine. He'd be at least near two now.
 
“Blaine! Don't color on the walls!” she snapped. “Damn it! You just had to use the darkest colors on the white walls, didn't you?” Her voice was more calming now as Blaine laughed.
 
Duo's heart broke. His son was laughing. He mentally smacked himself for leaving and swore that he'd never them again. No matter what. He would've swum from Russia if it meant seeing Crystal and Blaine again. But how to tell them that he was back? Surely not wait until someone opened the door. Then again she didn't answer his two calls nor return them.
 
Great, he thought, she probably wants to separate after I walk in. She's probably wishing that I did die in the war.
 
That's when he heard Quatre's voice on the television. He was just idly talking with the reporters like he'd always done. Well it looks like he didn't wait for Trowa either. Don't blame him. He was going crazy in that hanger.
 
“Hey Satoru-did you see who's on the news? Yeah Winner is back….do you think that the others are coming back?” There was a pause. “You sound horrible. Take a bath and eat something.”
 
Duo then knocked at the door. Who the fuck is Satoru? Her new boyfriend or whatever?
 
“Hey, someone's at the door-Yeah, I know. Maybe Tro will be back pretty soon-ha. Yeah I'm sure James wouldn't have left him. Seeya.” She hung up with a loud clap and called out, “Yes?”
 
Duo couldn't answer her instead he knocked two more times. He could barely hear her shuffle on the floor and heard noises from Blaine.
 
“Crib!” he cried out, protesting.
 
Crystal then opened the door since she couldn't see Duo through the keyhole. He was leaning down trying to listen to Blaine speak. She looked down at him and he looked up at her. Crystal's face dropped, total shock mixed in with happiness, and tears filled her eyes.
 
Duo went to his full height and put on a foolish grin. He excepted Crystal to cry and hug him or talk to herself as if it was dream. He didn't get the warm welcomed that he had hoped for.
 
Crystal now stood shaking her right hand while Duo held his face. She now looked at him angry and hurt. When Duo made sure that she didn't break his jaw he muttered, “I did deserved that one.”
 
“Damn straight you do,” she said trying not to cry. Duo now got his warm welcomed from his lovingly, crying wife. She hugged him tightly burrowing her face in his neck. “You're back! And it's not a dream or anything! You're really back!”
 
Duo smiled hugging her back tightly. “Yeah. I'm never leaving again. The only time I'm leaving will be for work. I swear to God I'm never leaving again.”
 
Crystal pulled away from him then pulled him inside the apartment and closed the door. Duo saw that she had actually stayed since the apartment was a mess from Blaine. On the white wall he saw the childish picture colored from black, red, blue, and gray. Duo then saw Blaine. He was standing in a playpen and looked up at his father with his big blue eyes.
 
“He's missed you too,” said Crystal, through tears.
 
Duo started to cry as he leaned over, picked up his son, and hugged him tightly.
 
God how he missed them.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Heero stood in his apartment bedroom staring down at the sleeping figure. No one had been in this room for over a year and yet it looked like it had been lived in for the entire time. He had gotten back into Villa only a few hours ago and here he was, in his apartment, just staring at his bed. He hadn't called Releena yet since he guessed writing her that letter a month ago had kept her at ease. A simple, I'm fine. Be back soon. Something came up and we'll all be back.
 
He knew Duo had arrived probably the same day or a day later than Quatre since the airports along the way had been shut down. He guessed that Duo finally gave up and started walking since he had left long before them, but arrived in Villa around the same time. Plus National security was still on its all time high making traveling hard unless you were Quatre Winner. Poor Duo, waiting around Europe for a week before finally getting home.
 
That's if Crystal wouldn't kill him when he walked through the door.
 
He guessed Wufei was off with Sally trying to “woo” her again. He almost laughed if it wasn't for the person sleeping in his bed.
 
Trowa, on the other hand, arrived with Heero, but went off on his own way. He wasn't going to Sarah's right away instead he was going to Quatre's to thank him again for paying for the hospital bills then to the circus to see his adoptive family. Sarah would be the last place he'd visit fearing that she'd picked up and left him.
 
Luckily Sarah's would be the last place since she was asleep in Heero's bed. Sure, it was only 5 in the afternoon, but she was out like a light. He couldn't believe on how sickly thin she looked underneath the covers. She was pale as he rested somewhat easily in his bed. After all she did say that this was the only place she could truly sleep at ease.
 
Heero sat down on the bed noticing how she flinched at the weight change. Living with a broken heart had taken its toll on her. He carefully tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and that's when she opened her eyes. She looked up at Heero and he knew how bad she really was. Her face was too thin, her eyes were tear soaked and tired and almost blood shot from lack of sleep, and a simple smile spread across her face when she saw him.
 
“James you're back too,” she said tiredly. She sat up and hugged him. He hugged her back. “Quatre came back yesterday and Crystal called a little while ago and said that Duo's back too. It's so good to see you.”
 
Heero's heart broke. She sounded so out of it like she was on Mars. She was so out of it. He hugged her tighter. “You look sick…so sick…”
 
“James is Trowa alright? Is he coming back?”
 
He nodded. “Yeah. He's coming back, alright?” He paused when Sarah said nothing. “Why are you sleeping in my bed?”
 
Her head on rested on his chest. “I keep having a bad dream. I've been sleeping here off and on. Sorry about the mess.”
 
He didn't realize that some of his pillows were now at random spots across the room. What had she been dreaming? Some of his things had been knocked over by the pillows too.
 
James looked into her blue eyes. “You don't ever have to be sorry to me. Sarah, how could you let yourself get this bad?”
 
Sarah hugged James tighter. “James…just hold me for a little while later.”
 
James held her tighter and nodded. “Hey, it's going to be, okay. I promise.”
 
Sarah then fell asleep again and Heero took her back to her apartment. He placed her in her and Trowa's bed and gazed around. Her room was trashed-stuff was everywhere and even the pillows were on the floor next to broken stuff. He heavily sighed and knew Trowa was going to get it when he got back.
 
Heero then left before Trowa returned home.
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So what's in store for Trowa when he gets home? A punch in the face? A bullet? Or just Sarah sleeping. I'm sorry for not updating in the past few months. Been busy. So hopefully the next chapter will be up in a few days! I hope you enjoyed this!