Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ High School Love ❯ A Rainy Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi, my name is Alia Lowe and I'll be your host for this fic. It is my first fic, so please, be gentle and give lots of reviews.

This is for Div, who always supported my writing. Don't be surprised if you see her in here somewhere.

Warning: This fic is PG-13 for swearing and all the lovable *grown* things that happen in my altered high school. Some names will be changed for my peer's protection and others will just be made up. I leave it up to you to guess who's real and who's not. Sorry for Heero's OOC.

Parings: 2x1, 3x4, ?x5, I haven't decided yet

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. I wish I did, but I don't. Oh well, on to the fic.

"High School Love"

It was a usual beautiful day. The birds were chirping, the sun was out, and a certain longhaired baka could be heard being chased by gunshots through the G-boy's safe house.

"Duooooo! Omae o korusu!"

"Itai! Heero, it was a joke. Come on buddy, don't take it so seriously."

"My laptop! You took my laptop and I'm supposed to take it as a joke! Omae o korusu! How am I suppose to get any missions."

By now, Duo had managed to evade Heero several times and was sprinting down the stairs to the ground floor.

*breathing hard* "Cheer-up. You need some time away from that precious laptop of yours. And there are no more missions. The doctors and Dekim Barton are dead. The war's been over for six months. It's time to live a little."

Duo suddenly realized no one was chasing him anymore. He silently crept around a corner to see a kneeling and sniffling Heero by the stair banister.

`Oh no,' Duo thought `I went too far.' "Hee-chan?" Duo tenitively said.

"Don't call me that," Heero replied harshly. "Alright, that's it. I'm outta here."

Heero got up quickly before Duo cold catch sight of his teary face. He stalked up the stairs and a slammed door could be heard in the distance. Duo was dumbfounded, just glued to the floor tentatively holding Heero's laptop and staring at the top of the stairs where Heero had been seconds earlier.

Wufei looked over from his spot on the couch in the living room where he had been reading a novel. "What was that about Maxwell?" Duo walked over and plopped into the nearest easy chair still holding the laptop.

"Wish I knew," he replied.

Wufei eyed the infamous laptop in the Duo's lap. "Did you take Yuy's laptop again? You must have an obsession with it. This is the sixth time this week Heero has chased you around the house to get it back. I can't get any quality reading done with gunshots whizzing over my head. How come he let you win today?"

Duo kept his head down shamefully and answered, "I told him the war was over."

"You did what! Do you realize he could be upstairs committing suicide! He's the Perfect Soldier. Does he even know the live as a civilian at peace?"

"Who knows, and I doubt he would do anything. The war has been over for six months now. That and he wouldn't do anything without his `precious' laptop," Duo said patting the said object.

"I guess you're right. For once Maxwell, that's a record."

"What was that! Oh man, you're going to pay for that Wu-man!" Before any fighting could start, Duo's stomach started to growl. "Hey guys, lunch is ready!" Quatre announced right on cue. He emerged from the kitchen carrying a tray full of soup bowls. He was dressed in his usual pink shirt with an equally frilly fringed pink apron with `Kiss the Cook' written on it.

"Man Q, where on the earth or the colonies do you get those shirts and aprons?" Duo asked as he helped himself to a bowl of soup.

"Dunno, Trowa gets them for me," Quatre remarked. Duo started to choke on his soup in shock. Trowa wandered in on the scene in time to pat Duo on the back.

"*cough* thanks Trowa. Just didn't think you'd be the one for the kinky stuff."

"Why Maxwell, you want one too?" Wufei snickered.

"What was that! Oh man, I'll get you for that Wu-man." Duo threw the soup to the floor and dived on the couch to wrestle Wufei.

"My soup!" Quatre whined.

"It's okay little one, there's still plenty more," Trowa responded. "Oh, okay!" Quatre regained a smile on his face.

"Now, time to kiss the cook." Duo and Wufei looked up just in time to see Trowa and Quatre locked in a toe-curling kiss. Wufei promptly got a nosebleed and ran out to the room, bumping into Heero.

Heero had his duffel bag slung over one shoulder as he surveyed the scene. "Hey Heero," Quatre said blushing, "you want some soup?"

"No thanks, I'm actually going now. It's been a pleasure."

As he turned to walk away Duo exclaimed, "Wait! Where are you going?"

Heero paused before turning and saying, "I'm going home." He promptly turned back around and opened the door.

"Wait Heero! Don't you want you laptop?"

"No, keep it," Was the immediate response. Duo was so dumbstruck that he could only stare as Heero left the house and closed the door softly behind him. Duo finally snapped out of it and ran out the door only to see Heero speeding away on his motorcycle.

"No, don't go………" Duo whispered. "I never told you how I felt about you…" Tears began to fall from cobalt and Prussian eyes alike.

"I'm sorry………please forgive me one day………"

Oh, poor Duo-chan. Sorry that I'm leaving this as a cliffhanger for now. This eventually will be a 2x1. I'll try to keep posting as the next chapter ASAP.

Please Review!!!