Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ High School Love ❯ Coming Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you for all the reviews!! *hugs self* Sorry this update has taken so long. School and homework make it hard for me to find writing time. Well on with the chapter

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. If I did, everyone would love 2x1.

Warnings: nothing too serious that I know off. Some Relena bashing, but nothing out of the ordinary for us die-hard 1x2x1 fans

Part 3

The first week of school had passed and Heero was just starting to relax a little. He hadn't even realized how tense he had become until Kayla had mentioned it to him. Kayla. Heero wasn't sure how he could have stood the transition to a civilian life without her. *

He glanced over the lunch table where said girl was chatting with her friend K-C. Well, the friend's name was actually Casey, but everyone seemed to pronounce it that way and the nickname stuck.

They had excepted him no questioned asked. It felt good to be home…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two months earlier

Heero had just slammed the door closed after his daily chase of the boy he secretly longed for. He boot up the safe house's permanent desktop (hey, not everyone has a laptop that they carry around with them to hell and back and that braided baka had his at the moment). As it boot up, he kept shaking his head, as if to firm his resolve. He logged onto the Internet as Wing21. As usual, Phoenix01 was on.

*Incoming message*

Phoenix01: Hey Heero, the guys drivin' you crazy again? **

Wing21: You know it. Listen, I have a favor to ask.

Phoenix01: Shoot

Wing21: I need some off time. Do you think I can stay in one of your spare apartments?

Phoneix01: You're coming home?

Wing21: Yeah, I'm coming home. I need some time to think.

Phoneix01: Alright! Yeah, you're family, I'm sure mom can't say no.

Wing21: Okay then, see you in a couple of days.

Heero logged off. `Yeah, I'm going home…'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few days later, Heero was standing in front of the main tenant's office for a small two-floored apartment complex in Angel Falls. It wasn't that fancy, but with a big yard, two beds, balconies, a TV, computer and a private bathroom in each room, who could complain. He tentatively knocked on the door.

"Stacy!!! Can you get the door! Heero will be here any minute."

The door popped open and a young girl about 12 years old with blonde pigtails and purple overalls was seen, at least Heero thought that was what he saw. The girl immediately pounced on him, sending the usually `prepared for anything' perfect soldier on his back. Sparkling green eyes were staring in his prussian blue ones.

He winced as the girl shouted, "Heeerrooo's here!!!" He was suddenly reminded of a former queen of the world shouting a similar statement right into his ear last week.

Heero found he couldn't scowl at the girl. "Hello munchkin, where is your sister?"

"She's in the next apartment getting a room ready. Are you staying with us Heero?"

"I suppose I am for a while," Heero replied.

"Heero Lowe, its been a while," said an older girl with the same green eyes, walking out of the apartment next door. Heero quickly got up put up his right hand in a mock salute. "6 years to be exact sir! Lt. Heero Lowe at your service and awaiting inspection, sir!"

The brown pony-tailed girl paused and looked at Heero head to toe. `He had grown quiet a bit, almost three inches taller then me, and his shoulders are a little broader. He still has that damn green tank top though.'

"At ease Lieutenant," she stated. She was trying to keep a straight face but the giggles were starting to come through. Memories of her childhood were coming back of when she and Heero had played `soldier'.

The older girl and Heero shook hands, before embracing. "Welcome home Heero," she whispered. "Glad to be home Kayla."

A large, but well built woman waltzed in then from the open door of the tenant apartment. "Well my word, are you really back boy?"

"Yes Mrs. Cyphrus, I'm back." Heero replied.

"Now don't call me that boy, call me mom. We're practically family. We may not have seen you in 6 years, but with all those e-mails and - what do you call those pictures online?"

"Digital photographs," Kayla answered with a smile.

"Yes, those things. All that new age stuff. Stacy knows more about computers then I do. I'm not even sure how to turn a computer on. Anyway, I have practically seen you grow up before my very eyes and you have made me proud."

"Arigato Okaasan" *** Heero replied with a small smile.

"Now, where is that father of yours?"

Heero and Kayla visibly flinched. Kayla knew that Odin Kabita, under the alias of Odin Lowe, had simply been Heero's military tactics tutor when he was growing up, but the rest of her family was ignorant to Heero's extensive training. To them, he was just an innocent boy who left 6 years ago at the age of 10 to live on the L1 colony. They also had no idea that he was one of the elite Gundam Pilots.

As Heero's best friend growing up, he had confided in her. He had continued to confide and keep in contact with her during the war, revealing his hidden innermost weak human feelings: hatred, fear, confusion, love……… The last one had caused him the most confusion of all.

"He - he's not coming. He has business on L1 to finish and then he's working on the terra-forming project on Mars," Heero lied. He just couldn't stand lying to the woman he had known as okaasan before the war, but he didn't want to cause her any pain. Odin had died about 5 years ago, shortly after Heero had been handed over to Professor J. The woman herself had been divorced for a long time and often flirted with Odin when Heero was younger.

"You came all by yourself Heero?" she asked.

"Hai…yes okaasan," he said. He always resorted to his native Japanese tongue when he was nervous. "I'm a big boy…mom," he said trying to mask his uneasiness with lying this loving woman. To his luck Mrs. Cyphrus didn't seem to notice. She smiled at his new reference to her.

"Well, our home is your home. Welcome home Heero," she said pulling Heero into a warm bear hug.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

`Yes,' Heero thought to himself at the lunch table. `I'm home'.

~ ~ ~ ~

* Don't worry diane, Duo and the gang will come into Heero's civilian life soon

** What so you think Heero has been doing on his laptop all this time? The Gundam pilots must get on his nerves sometimes so he has to have someone to talk to. Also, he's been keeping in contact with Kayla and her family.

*** Japanese for mother

So, can anyone get the meaning behind Wing21?

Man, that took a long time to write. I got my idea for this chapter earlier this week, but was too busy to write it. *grr* Remember, reviews = faster updates

Ja ne, Alia