Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ HR ❯ The Voice That Fills the Gap ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or I"s. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise and I"s is owned by Masakazu Katsura and Weekly Shonen Jump.

Edited By: Alexandria the Great

Chapter 5: The Voice That Fills the Gap

Heero felt his face turning red from anger and frustration. He was practically sweating, he was so upset. He balled his hand into a fist and pounded it against the wall next to him. "Don't compare us to those bastards!" he yelled to Relena's back. He stood up from his slumping position on the wall and began to yell again. "We came to save you! And this is what we get? I'll quit the committee myself!"

'I can't stop.'

He began storming down the hallway, past the stunned Relena. He kicked the broom that he had used to help rescue Relena so hard that it snapped in two and began to spin down the hallway.

'I can't stop.'

"Heero wait..." He heard Duo's concerned voice call to him, but didn't bother stopping as his best friend began to chase him down the hall way.

'What the hell am I doing?'

It took him a while to catch up to him, but when he did, Duo felt pretty mad himself. It was already late afternoon and he had better things to do than chase Heero around. "Hey Heero! Wait!" he yelled to Heero's back. He ran over to him when he didn't slow down, even then he was still facing his back. "Nice performance 'Mr. Opposite,'" he said, not even bothering to hide his annoyance. "Go back and apologize to Relena, otherwise it's over for you!"

"Shut up!" Heero barked. Duo was taken aback, to say the least, by the way Heero was acting today. It wasn't like him to show so much emotion. "We came to save her and instead of a 'thank you', we get compared to those perverts! How can I stay quiet?"

"So your going to give up then?"

"I don't know!"

'What am I doing? I really don't understand it... Am I really going to give up? Liking someone who doesn't like me back will only bring me pain.'

The next day at school, Heero did his best to try and avoid seeing Relena. He had wanted to tell Khushrenada that he wanted out of the committee, but Khushrenada ended up getting to him first.

"Heero," a smooth voice called out from behind him. He knew right away who it was and decided that this was the best time to have a talk with his teacher.

He turned to face the older man. "Yes, Mr. Khushrenada?"

"Have you and Relena come up with any good ideas yet for the 'Welcome New Students'?"

Heero began to blush slightly. This whole time, he and Relena haven't thought of one good idea. He felt a shamed of himself for not doing his job. "No sir," he answered, his embarrassment showing slightly.

"That's what I thought," Treize said, no hint of anger in his voice. "All right, I'll see you after school. Come to the Communications room with Relena."

The day went on like normal. Relena was talking and laughing with her friends. She didn't even seem to remember what had happened the other day. Heero, on the other hand, wasn't doing as well as her. He leaned against the windowsill, looking at her, and feeling ashamed of himself.

"You're thinking about her..." Duo said slyly as he came and walked next to him.

"Relena doesn't seem to be thinking about me," he said, not even bothering to make eye contact with Duo. "I guess I'm nothing to her."

"I see..." Duo began. "Now I understand your weird behavior..."

"Huh?"

"Basically, your just a little kid having a hissy fit. You just want some attention." Heero began to glare at him, but Duo was used to that by now and continued to speak. "The fact that your disappointed that she's not giving you any attention is the proof. You like her so much that your acting like a fool."

"Duo," he began, "do you think that I should give up on Relena? The gap between us is very wide now."

"I don't know..." He smiled then and looked at Heero. "But I'd say keep trying. Plus, looking after you has become my hobby."

"That's a depressing thought," Heero said, smirking slightly.

'I'm going to give up. I don't want to get hurt like when I was a kid. I know this unrequited love and I'm trying to give up... Yet I still have to be around her, that's worse than death.'

After school, Heero went to the meeting in the Communications room. He hoped for the best, but expected the worse.

"I've come up with a good idea," Treize began, when both Heero and Relena had entered the room. "What you two should do is a 'two in a coat' performance."

(AN: Let me stop here and explain what a two in a coat performance is for those of you who don't know. It's basically, just what it sounds like. Two people get into an over sized coat, one person is in the front and acts as the head, while the other person is in the back and acts as the hands. The person in the back must be completely covered so that you can't see their face so it looks like just one person. In my opinion, this is something that should never be done by a high school boy and girl! But that's the way this story goes.)

Both Heero and Relena couldn't help but look shocked at what he was suggesting.

Treize, however, seemed to mistake their shock for excitement. "Good idea right?" he said, a smile on his face. "I already have what you'll need for the act." He waved to a very large coat for them to wear, a plate of food, and a pillow for kneeling on.

"We have to do it?" Heero asked. He had a feeling that he would say that, but had hoped he was wrong.

Treize glared at him slightly, not liking the fact that one of his students was talking back to him. "Relena's in the theater club, so it's perfect."

"But what about me?" he asked.

He saw Treize's face turn slightly red with frustration and his right eyebrow tick. "There will be no more discussion, so just shut up and start practicing!"

Reluctantly, Heero did as he was told. Clearly, he had pushed Treize a little too far. He slipped on the coat as Relena kneeled down on the pillow and waited for him to come up behind her.

'This performance will require a lot of touching. In a position like this, there's no guarantee that my 'rod' will stay quite. In fact, it's already starting to make noise.'

Heero felt his heart hammering inside of his chest. He could just imagine what would happen if Relena found out that he was getting excited about having to press up against her backside.

'If she finds out I'll be done for! What do I do? Wait... Maybe this will help me give up on her... If I'm branded a pervert, I'll have no choice but to give up.'

Heero began to creep behind her, making sure to hide his face with the coat.

"Wait," Treize said, just as Heero was getting ready to sit down behind Relena. "Heero, your face looks like a criminal. Switch places, come to the front."

Once again, Heero did as he was told and hand the coat over to Relena as he took her place knelling on the large floor pillow.

'Well, that's a relief. Now I don't have to be the pervert... But were still stuck together.'

His face began to turn red as he felt Relena coming up behind him.

'Whoa... Here it comes...'

He felt her warm body press up against his and felt slightly faint.

"Heero," Treize said, pulling him back to reality. "I can still see your hands, put them behind Relena's hips."

If possible, his face began to turn even redder as he slipped his hand behind her back, getting a slight feel of her round bottom.

"Relena, it doesn't look like one person. You need to get closer to him."

"Okay," came Relena's muffled response from beneath the thick fabrics of the coat. She inched her way to Heero, pressing up against him as much as she could. Heero could feel her soft round breast pressed up against his back.

'On my back! On my back! I'm in heaven! WAIT! Videotaping her undressing and enjoying this type of thing must be the same to her. Damn it... I feel guilty and it doesn't look like I can stop. What should I do...?'

"Good," Treize said. "Now try eating something."

Relena picked up a piece of cake from the plate as best as she could and lifted it toward Heero face. He opened his mouth wide so that she'd be able to ge it in. However, instead of getting the cake in his mouth, Relena ended up smearing it on his chin.

Seeing this caused Treize to break out in uncontrollable laughter.

Heero glared at his teacher. "It's not that funny..." he grumbled.

"Now do you see why I put you in front?" Treize said between laughing fits.

"Sorry..." Relena said quietly from under the coat.

"It's okay," he said softly, not wanting to make her feel bad.

"I'm sorry," she continued, "about yesterday."

Heero almost thought that he felt Relena smiling at him as she rested her head on his back. This made him smile as well.

'I may not always know what's right, but her words made me think that maybe I shouldn't give up just yet.'