Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ HR ❯ Approach ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or I"s. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise and I"s is owned by Masakazu Katsura and Weekly Shonen Jump.

AN: For those of you who don't know I"s (and I'm sure there are many of you), I"s is the story about a young boy by the name of Seto Ichitaka who is in love with his super cute classmate Iori Yushizuki, but doesn't know how to tell her! Things get even more complicated for Ichitaka when Iori posses for a provocative (not hentai) magazine and begins to get harassed by the boys at their school. If you haven't heard of I"s you have good reason, for it 1) hasn't come to America yet and 2) isn't even an anime yet! Basically let me warn you that their may be some OOC and that Relena haters should get out of here now.

Chapter One: Approach

In the first image you could see a cute young girl starring at the camera in the middle of the dimly lit room. She had wheat blonde hair and bright blue eyes, a somewhat blank look was on her delicate face. She wore a turtle neck sweater that seemed a size too big for her and a skirt that went past her knees.

On the next two pages the girl was in a variety of different indecent posses wearing, in most of them, only a bikini and in the others the same sweater from the first page. Spread across the first and second pages was the words "Relena Peacecraft ... 16." The words on the pages read: "I enjoy the experience of playing different roles." She had no interest in being an idol or a singer, her only desire is to become an actress. She is serious. In the near future you may see her on TV. IF you want to become one of her first fans, write to Tokyo Shiro magazine. Relena is a member of her high school's drama club. I wonder how this seemingly gentle girl changes when she's on stage...?

A boy sat under neat a tree in the middle of the park reading the magazine. It was early fall so he wore a jacket over his long sleeve green shirt, along with a pair of blue jeans and his favorite pair of tennis shoes. His name was Heero Yuy. He was sixteen years old and had know the girl in the magazine since the first day of high school. His heart was beating loudly as he read over the words again and again. "Relena..." he whispered. "This feels so weird...," he said to himself. "To see a classmate in a magazine photo shoot..." He sighed as he closed the magazine and began to study the front cover aimlessly. "It's not like we were originally very close, but now Relena seems even further from me..."

"Yo!"

He jumped slightly at the sound of another person's voice. He turned around to meet the face of a smiling boy no older than him. "Why are you here?" he demanded, pining the boy with his classic death glare, one that the boy has now become immune to.

"Yoink!" the boy said as he snatched the magazine from Heero's hands. The boy had long chestnut brown hair that was held back in a braid, he was dressed warmly as Heero, his clothes, as usual, were all black. His name was Duo Maxwell. He was sixteen years old and was Heero's best friend. "Well well," he said with a mischievous look in his eyes, "I guess I'll take a peak at Miss Relena's sexy photos!"

"Hey! Don't look at that! Give it back!" Heero shouted in protest.

Duo glared at him over his shoulder as he flipped threw the pages. "Hey, who's the guy that told you about this eh? The only reason we knew she was going to be in this issue is because I have a subscription. Miss Relena was keeping this a secret, so we're probably the only ones who know about this..." He paused as her reached the page that she was on. His eyes widened in interest as he study the pictures, bites of drool were forming at the corner of his mouth. If he had been wearing glasses they would be fogged. "Whoa! Her legs are wide open! For not wanting to do this she sure seems into it!"

Heero was trying his best to ignore his friends comments, but he couldn't help but notice that he was taking a familiar tone while talking about Relena. "You seem to be acting as if you know a lot about Relena, Duo," Heero said.

"Well," he said dragging out the e in well a little too much, "We did have a date a while ago..."

"What!" Heero practically screamed. Duo knew how he felt about Relena, and despite the fact that he was known to be some what of a ladies man, and a pervert, he never would have imagined he would do something so low. "You bastard!" He yelled as he began to choke Duo from behind.

"I'm... joke... ing" he gasped.

Heero let go of him at his words. He should have know it was a joke. He was blushing slightly from his action.

Duo took a minute to catch his breath and said, "I was just joking man. I ran into her in town and we had tea."

Heero grunted kicking a rock next to his foot. "I still can't forgive you."

Duo rolled his eyes, rubbing his still shore neck, and said "In February the Drama club had their first performance, right? Well, at the time this magazine editor gained some interest in her and..."

"The drama club leader said it would be good for publicity so..." Relena's words began to trail off as her face began to turn a bright red. She covered her face with her hands and said frantically "I wasn't worried because I had heard it was a news magazine. I didn't know it would be in a swimsuit!"

Duo's face began to turn bright red at her words. "So. What's wrong with a swimsuit?"

If it were possible, her face seemed to get even redder. "I was shoot in weird posses... and it didn't give and publicity to the drama club at all. It was terrible!"

Weird posses... he thought, interested by the idea of these weird posses.

"This is a secret, okay Duo! I don't want anyone to see this!" Relena pleaded, flashing Duo with her large blue eyes.

Duo began to blush and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "S-sorry," he stammered, "but I already told Heero about this."

Relena suddenly got a strange look in her eyes at the mention of that name. "Heero...?" she murmured.

"You said my name!" Heero screamed in disbelief.

"That look in her eyes when I said your name..." he mused, ignoring Heero's outraged cries. He glanced at him. "Relena's eyes when she said 'Heero.' It must mean that she has feelings for you." He leaned in closer to Heero, so that only he could hear what he said next. "Maybe she'll give you a special showing of one of her swim suits."

The image of Relena curled up on his bed, wearing nothing but a skimpy yellow bathing suit suddenly flashed in his head. He could almost hear her whisper "Just for you" in her sweet, quite voice. He shock his head. "That's not very likely to happen," he murmured. He suddenly slammed his fist into a near by tree. "Dammit!," He barked. "I'm so jealous of you! Having tea with her in a coffee shop!"

"You can ask her out for tea can't you?" Duo asked flatly.

Heero sighed at his words, resting his tennis shoes against the tree he had just hit. "If it were that easy I would have done it by now," he explained. "I can't do it... because I don't want girls I like to know how I feel. So I just show the opposite attitude around them... because of a certain incident."

There was a long pause between the two boys. Heero turned to glare at Duo. "Don't you want to hear about the incident?" Sensing that Heero was going to tell him anyway, Duo just said nothing. "It was when I was in the sixth grade."

A young Heero is playing soccer outside with a few of his friends, he is wearing a pair of blue jeans, a green tank top, and a pair of tennis shoes, when he is approached by three girls. One of the girls is lanky with her hair in pigtails, wearing a light sweater over her shirt, and a skirt that went past her knees. The second is a short fat girl, with a very boyish hair cut. She wears a pair of overalls and a long sleeve shirt. The third girl is clearly the prettiest of the trio. She too wears a light sweater with a long skirt on. Her brown hair hangs loose.

"Hey Heero!" The skinny girl said. "Come here a second!"

I was called over by a few girls. One of them was a girl I liked at the time, named Miyoko.

"What is it?" Heero asked, a blush forming on his face.

"You like Miyoko don't you?" The skinny one said, although it seemed more like a statement then a question.

"Everyone knows about it," the fat one said.

"What?" Heero's face became beet red at there words. His heart was pounding.

"Your always looking at her," the fat girl continued.

"You server her bigger portions at lunch time," the skinny one said. "Are we right? Miyoko, you tell him too."

The other two girls turned to the third, Miyoko, who had remained quite until now. "I don't even like, so please stop it," She said. "It's gross." Her words cut threw him like knives.

That's when I thought, if they never found out my feelings I could continue to be happy with my one-sided love. I was close to killing myself at the time, that's how big the shock was, but.. I was able to get back up, thanks to a girl who encouraged me.

"What she said was terrible wasn't it?"

Heero's head snapped up in surprise at the words. He turned around to see who was talking to him. Standing behind a tree not too far from him was a small girl with long blue hair and tear stained blue eyes. She had on a long sweater and a flower print skirt. "But Heero," she continued, "For a boy your pretty pathetic. No matter what is said, if you really like her go after her with everything you've got."

"Her name was Hilde Schbeiker, a girl who was a year younger than me. We lived near by each other and played together as kids."

"So..." Duo began mischievously. "Did you two start dating or something? Or did she just dump you too?"

"No!" Heero said angrily. "Four years ago, she moved away, to America."

Last night, Heero didn't manage to get much sleep, as Duo's words about Relena having feelings for him, and pervious thoughts about Relena kept going threw his head. The next day Heero goes off to his high school, Wanda Private High School, and makes his way to his normal spot in a hallway across from the drama club's room window.

'Morning... Right when I get to school... I come here. The hallway where I can watch the drama club that Relena is in. This schools drama club is famous for having produced some actors and celebrities in the past. The Relena that I see from here is the one that I like the most. She's always serious and shins more than during class. Looking at her now, I'm embarrassed about all the things I was thinking about last night.'

"Your one step away from being a stalker..."

Heero would have jumped, but he knew it was only Duo. He turned around and gave him his death glare. Duo and Heero were both dressed in the school's boy's uniform, a green jacket with a white dress shirt and black tie underneath, and black dress pants and shoes.

"Hey, who are those three guys?" Duo asked, once again ignoring Heero's glare.

Heero turned to look in the direction that Duo was looking. He saw three boys, all of whom were wearing the same union form as Heero and Duo, standing under the drama club window, trying to get a better peak at inside.

"I bet they saw the photos," Duo concluded. "That magazine must be selling well," Duo's face soon turned very grim. "I bet pretty soon, there'll be a whole crowed of guys under that window. Miss Relena won't like that..."

"What are you trying to say?" Heero asked point blank.

Duo leaned in close to Heero then, so that only he could hear him. "When that happens," he whispered, "only you will be able to protect her."

Heero snorted at his words and turned to walk away. "Whatever..." he grumbled.

"Damn. Home room will start soon." Heero grumbled to himself, as he made his way into class. As he headed for his classroom door he spot Relena coming down the hall. Relena was wearing the normal girls uniform, a dark purple vest and mini skirt, with a light purple long sleeve dress shirt underneath. The uniform resembled somewhat a sailor, style outfit. She had on dark purple knee high dress socks and black dress shoes. Seeing her, Heero decided that it was best to slow down his pace and act cool.

As Relena walked into the class, she is spotted by a boy in the front row. With a wicked smile on his face the boys says "Hey photo shoot queen!"

Taken aback by his words, Relena's face turn's beet red as she squeals "Please stop that!"

"What are you talking about?" another one of her male classmates exclaims, getting the attention of everyone in the room.

"You don't know?" the boy in the front row asked, pointing at Relena. "She posed for a magazine in a swimsuit!"

"No! Don't!" Relena squeaked.

"Really?" one of the female classmates asked.

Soon there were a whole swarm of people gathered around her, asking her questions about the magazine that she was in.

"Hey hey," one of the girls said, "What kind of magazine?"

"Was it swimsuit or 'nude'?" another boy asked.

"Swimsuit but...," Relena replied quietly.

"Can I have an autograph?" another boy interrupts.

Relena blushed. "Um... well..."

Heero watches as Relena is bombarded with question after question, barely having enough time to answer. 'She's like a star... but I don't think Relena likes this attention that much... Well maybe she does like it, maybe I should join in.'

Suddenly one of the boys in the room spots him. "Hey Yuy! You hear about Miss Relena?"

"Please stop spreading it!" Relena pleaded.

"She was in a magazine," the boy continued ignoring Relena's please for him to stop.

Relena then turned to stare at Heero. Waiting for him to respond to the statement.

Heero merely looked at his shoes and said "That's nice and all but... shut up already Khushrenada will be here." 'Dammit! Why do I act like this?'

"Shut up Yuy!" one of the boys shouted, angered by Heero's disinterest in Relena. "Khushrenada can go eat shit!"

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid that even I can't 'eat shit'..." a voice said from behind the students causing them all to jump slightly. The man was in his mid twenties with blue eyes and light brown hair. He wore a brown jacket and a black shirt underneath, with a pair of khaki pants. His name was Treize Khushrenada, second year class c teacher.

The students began to quietly take their seats as class began. Heero sat down in his desk right in front of Duo's.

'Damn. Now I'm the guy that's not interested in the photo shoot... Now I've lost my reason for talking to her.'

"Nice work 'Mr. Opposite'." Duo whispered from behind him.

"Leave me alone..." Heero moaned as he began to put his head down on the desk.

'Well I can forget about a date. Unless a miracle happens I'll never even get a chance to talk to her.'

"...and we will be having the 'Welcome New Students' party as usual," Khushrenada announced to the class, although, as usual, no one was really listening to him. "I assume you remember it from last year. Each class will be doing an activity so," He pulled a large box from under his desk, "I am going to assign a boy and a girl to serve as organizers, by drawing names from this box."

'And...'

"The result is Mr. Heero Yuy and Miss Relena Peacecraft."

'I got my miracle...'

After school Relena and Heero decided to meet in the library to discus the project.

'This is great! It may not be a coffee shop, but at least I'll get a chance to talk to her. Yes! I'm going to do my best to talk to her! It's just as I thought. The library is empty and there will be no one here to bother us. Finally, I get to be alone with Relena.'

"It's so unfair that we have to do this, don't you think?" Relena asked, clearly making an attempt to start a conversation. She looked at him, but he merely sat there with his face resting in his hands, looking at nothing in particular. "Um...," she began "Being closer would be..."

Heero blushed as she pointed out that they were both on different sides to the library table. 'I want to. I really want to be next to her. Damn! I'm so pathetic!' "Here is just fine," he stated flatly. 'Damn it!'

As Relena sat at her spot on the table, Heero noticed that she was making a clicking sound with her lead pencil. He looked up and saw her looking threw her pencil case. She blushed as she looked to him and asked "Um... Do you have any lead?"

Looking over to his opened pencil case, he notice that he had a full pack of lead. 'I do have some lead. Here's my chance. I have a reason to get closer to her now. If I were to get up and ask if I can sit next to her, she sure to say yes. That way, I'll be able to she her smiling face up close!'

He reached in to his pencil case, picked up the lead pack and... slide it over to her without even moving his face from it's resting spot on his palm.

"Th-thank you," she stammered as she reached over to grab the lead container that had only made it half way across the table.

'What the hell am I doing! I'm such an idiot! Spending time alone with her, this is what I wanted, and now I'm messing things up!'

"Umm..." Relena began, once again a blush on her face, "come up with any good ideas?"

'Okay, here's my chance! Say something good! Say it! GO! GO!' "What about you?" he asked her in a monotone voice. 'NO! What the hell am I doing! Now I sound stuck up!'

Relena looked surprised at his words, then her blush became even stronger as she said, "S-sorry, I haven't."

'Dammit! Think of something good! Okay, all I have to do is lift up my head and have a normal conversation. I can't waist this lucky situation by not even looking at her face!'

Looking up at her, Heero was taken back by her. Her bright blue eyes sparkled as they looked down at the paper in concentration. Her wheat blonde hair falling over her shoulder. The way the sun light made her pale skin glow.

'So cute...'

Just then, Relena turned to face Heero and for a brief second their eyes looked, just before Heero turned his head the other way, blushing like mad.

'Oh no! Does she know I like her now? Does she know?'

Suddenly he heard Relena's chair screech as it move back and she began to stand up.

'What's going on? Is she mad? Did I anger her? NO! This is the worst!'

"I'm sorry," she began, "I have to go. I can only miss an hour of my drama club." With that she headed toward the door.

'She wasn't angry, good.'

As Relena headed toward the door, Heero heard a chiming sound and released that it was he wrist watch's alarm going off.

Heero slumped down in his chair and mentally sighed. 'To leave before the alarm even went off... being here with me most be truly painful...'

"Heero... are you leaving?" Relena's concerned voice broke into his self pity, but Heero didn't move from his position.

"No," he replied flatly. "I'm going to stay here and work some more."

"Oh," she replied walking back to him. "Then you can use this." She placed a big sketch book in front of him. "I bought this just for the group. One more thing." She fished out a black marker from inside of her pencil case and leaned in closer to begin write on the sketch book.

'Relena is so close that I can smell her sweet scent threw the scent of the marker...'

"There." she said after she was done writing on the sketch book paper. The writing read: HR Idea notebook Vol. 1.

"Okay," she put her hands on her hips, smiling sweetly as she said, "Our team's name will be 'HR'! Does anyone object?"

"...no..."

Relena looked hurt for a second, then recovered by putting her hand behind her back, smiling and saying "You might not like having to do this with me but..."

'What?'

"We might as well try and have some fun doing this project. Let's think up enough good ideas to fill up two or three of these sketch books."

'She got the wrong idea... I can't blame her with the way I acted. Starting tomorrow I'll fix my attitude so she won't be confused.'

The next morning, as Heero was walking down the hall to the spot were he watches Relena and her drama club, he was stopped by Duo.

"I knew you'd be here," He said trying to sneak up on Heero, but, once again, failing. Heero turned to look at him as he said "I asked my brother to make a moment for the (miraculous) Organizers."

"Really?" Heero asked, slightly interested. "What is it?"

Duo smiled wickedly "You'll see..."

As the two continued down the hall way, Heero stopped in his tracks at the sight outside the window. "What's that!" he exclaimed as he saw a crowd of boys were the three boys had been standing just the other day. Each one of them trying to get a look into the drama club room.

"Just as I said..." Duo said, not quite believing what he was seeing. "I just can't believe it got so big in one day!" He began to open the window slightly.

Heero's ears perked up. "Listen to what their saying."

"Show us your panties Relena!" one of them yelled. He had long yellow hair and his uniform, like all the other boys, was disheveled. "Or at least a swimsuit! A really skimpy one!" All the other boy howled in agreement with his statement.

"This is bad," Duo said as he listened to their words. He suddenly heard a low growl come from Heero. "Heero?" he said softly.

Inside the drama club room, the students were having an extremely hard time practicing with all the noise going on outside. The president looked out the window angrily, his hands balled into a fist. "Who are these guys?" he asked. He had long platinum blonde hair that hong in front of his eyes. He wore a long sleeve sweater and a pair of black jeans.

"Zechs," one of the girls said, "Maybe we should stop for today, for Relena's sake."

"Your right w-" he began, but was cut off.

"It's all right," Relena cut in. "Sorry everyone, I'm fine. Let's ignore them and continue."

"Are you sure?" Zechs asked in a concerned voice.

She smiled and nodded.

"Hey don't ignore us!" The yellow haired boy continued. "I bet your really a slut!"

"Of course she is," another boy behind him added. "With a body like that, I bet she does it everyday!"

The president of the drama club then closed the curtains for the window, blocking their view. Cries of disapproval were heard outside.

"No way! Let me do her just once!"

"Hey what's this?"

"Are they preparing a show?"

"Nude Show!"

The boys began to chant the words "Nude Show" over and over again. Wearing away at Heero's pations.

He suddenly remembered Hilde's words. "If you really like her, go after her with everything you've got."

'Your right Hilde. I really believe that now.'

"You said I was the only one who could protect her right?"

Duo blinked at Heero's words. "Huh?"

"Hold this," Heero said as he handed Duo the notebook.

"Don't do it Heero!" He protested. "There's too many of them! They'll kill you!"

"Shut up!" He barked, his voice shaking with anger. "Those guys making fun of Relena... I can't forgive them!"

Just then he charged out the window and over to were the crowd of boys were standing a large wooden stick in hand. "YOU BASTARDS! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!"

"Where'd he get the stick?" Duo said, not believing what his best friend was about to do.

That's when the yellow haired boy struck the final cord. "Hey you! Everyone knows you did the photo shoot to get guys excited! Stop acting all high and mighty!"

Just as Heero was in striking distance a voice stopped him. "What are you thinking?!" One of the female teachers yelled at him. He turned to look for the crowd of boys only to find that they had left. "It's him!" She cried pointing an accusing finger at him.

That's when he saw it. Tears. Relena was crying. Her usually cheery face was stained with tears.

"This guy!" the woman continued. "He's in Relena's class! He's always looking at her from the other building!"

"What?" he whispered just as Relena's eyes, now red from tears, looked at him full of hurt and betrayal.

"You stalker!" Zechs cried. "You pervert! I'll kick your ass!"

Heero just stood their, dumbstruck.

"Run you idiot!" he heard Duo say as he grabbed his arm and started dragging him away.

"Relena," he breathed. 'Looks like I've been misunderstood in the worst possible way.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: What did you think? Less? More? By the way the name of the manga is I"s because Iori's and Ichitaka's names both begin with "I" and the group they were working in was named I"s. However there are other girls that appear later on in the manga and fall in love with Ichitaka who also have an I at the beginning of their names.

One more thing. In the manga I"s there is a homosexual character. Now, if I write the character in, then I'll have to make the person "playing" him a homosexual, and trust me this character has a big part in the story! Now, my question is should I make this story totally yaoi free or would you not mind if there is a little yaoi in the story? Please tell me.