Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ HR ❯ The Angry Wind ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or I"s. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise and I"s is owned by Masakazu Katsura and Weekly Shonen Jump.

Chapter 2: The Angry Wind

'After the morning incident, Relena didn't show herself for the rest of the school day.'

The school day had pasted by relatively quickly, and Relena was no where in sight. Before long, it was already time to go home, and Heero and Duo were the only ones left in the empty class room. Heero sat in his chair looking blankly at the ceiling while Duo sat at the desk across from him, silently starring at him. The boys had stayed like that for a while now, until Duo decided it was time to brake the silence.

"Hey Heero," he began, "I'll just tell her the truth."

Heero blinked at his words. He smirked slightly. "That's okay..."

"Why's that?" Duo asked, confused.

"It's not a totally misunderstanding really," he explained. "I'm not much different from those jerks that did that to her. I looked at her pictures and had dirty thoughts, and the fact that I know she isn't really like that... makes me worse than those guys. I don't have a right to like her."

Duo frowned at Heero's words. He knew that Heero wouldn't want him to feel sorry for him, but he couldn't help it. "Come on, I'll buy you something to eat," he offered cheerfully, trying his best to lift his best friends spirits.

He shook his head. "I'm going to stay here a little longer. I need to think up some ideas for the committee." He waved good-bye as Duo reluctantly picked up his books and left the room.

Heero stayed in the room for quite some time, coming up with next to nothing. From time to time, his mind would wander in and out of reality, even to the point of imagining that Relena came back to apologize for the misunderstanding.

Heero laid silently on his bed starring at the ceiling thinking. He wore a pair of blue jeans and a green tank top. His room was medium sized. His bed rested in the far corn with a desk on the right of it. On top the desk was a lamp, a pencil holder, and a laptop. In the middle of the room was a small table with two remote controls resting on top of it. On the shelf in front of his bed was a moderate sized television, a vcr, and a dvd player with a few disks and tapes resting on top of them. On the right of his television was his door, and to the side of that was his closet with it's door currently hanging open, exposing his clothing and foot wear.

He stayed like this until he heard his mother's voice call to him from down stairs.

"Heero! You have a guest!" she called. He didn't answer her. He didn't really feel like it, besides he already knew who it was.

A few minutes later, the door swung open, to reveal, just as Heero expected, a smiling Duo. He wore a jet black sweat shirt, black jean pants, and a denim jacket. "Hey," Duo greeted in his usual cheerful voice.

Heero grunted as he sat up to greet him. "What do you want?"he asked flatly.

Duo pretended to sound hurt. "Hey, that's cold," he began, pretending to pout. "Especially since I brought something to cheer you up." He reached into his left pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. "It's finally done. The memento of a miracle."

Heero rolled his eyes and sighed. "I don't want it..." He began, but his eyes nearly popped out of his skull as he saw the paper that Duo held in front of his eyes. It was a photograph of Relena were nothing more than a pair of lose hanging socks.

Duo chuckled at the look on Heero's face. "My brother made it on his computer," he said. "He just added Relena's head to a naked picture."

Heero felt his blood boil at Duo's words. "You piece of dirt!" he screamed. "How could you do something so low at a time like this!"

"So you don't want it?" Duo asked, still smirking.

Heero snatched the photo out of Duo's hand a bit too eagerly. "Of course I'm going to take it! But only to keep it away from a pervert like you!"

Duo rolled his eyes at him. Yeah right. "Listen Heero. I didn't bring you that gift so that you'd have a reason to yell at me! I gave it to you so that you could feel better!"

I'm feeling better in a certain area, Heero thought, but didn't dare to say the words out loud.

"Look at that picture!" Duo continued. "How can you give up on a girl like that! Look, tomorrow just tell her the truth, I'm sure she'll forgive you."

Heero sighed at his words. "You sure make it sound easy," he mumbled.

'Well sure, if I have a normal conversation with her I can clear up this whole misunderstanding, but what's with this strong wind? It feels like something bad is about to happen.'

The next day came rather quickly and with it came a surprising change in the weather as a strong wind blew into town, making it difficult to even walk. The wind was so strong that it seemed to make the trees bend in strange ways, to the point were it looked like they would break in half. It seemed like every time Heero turned around he saw another girl squealing as the wind would blow her skirt up, giving all those passing by a nice view of her panties. Heero found himself blushing the whole way to school.

'But wait, is Miss Relena even going to come to school today? Maybe I shouldn't even worry about seeing her. It seemed like she received a pretty big shock from the incident. It's very likely that she'll be absent today.'

As Heero enter his classroom, he heard a familiar voice giggle and knew who it was. He soon found out that he guested right as he saw Relena talking and laughing with one of her friends.

'She's laughing... What's going on?'

"Relena sure is strong, not a little wuss like you," he a voice say from behind him and knew right away that it was Duo.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well if she's feeling better then I shouldn't-"

"Hey Relena! Heero wants to tell you something!" Duo yelled before Heero could do anything to protest.

Duo walked over to his seat leaving Heero and Relena to talk. Heero soon found himself blushing like wild and tired to think of something to say but came up short.

'Since I didn't know what to say, I looked for a place were we could be alone, but the special classroom was locked and there were people by the stairs. So I had to go outside. The wind was calmer then before, and for some reason that made me feel calmer, too.'

The two of them stood on the roof of the school with their backs toward each other, neither one of them saying a word. Relena leaned over the railing of the roof peering down at the building and street below as Heero stood with his back facing hers, thinking of what to say. The wind blowing here clothes from side to side, making slight noises, but other than that, it was totally quite.

Finally, Relena broke the silence as she asked, "What did you want to tell me?" never taking her eyes off the road down below.

'The fact that we have to work on that committee together isn't going to change. Do you want to feel this awkwardness forever? All you have to do is explain it to her.'

"Relena sure is strong, not a total wuss like you."

'Damn it! I can be strong too! I can try my best!'

"Um..." he began, his face turned bright red as sweat started to run down his cheeks like mad. He could feel his heart pound so hard it seemed like it would burst out of his chest. 'GO!GO!' "Y-yesterday... it... wasn't... me... who..."

"I know," Relena said calmly. "It was a different voice."

'Huh?'

"Is that it?" She asked.

Heero turned to look at her just in time to see her skirt fly up and saw a quick peek at her panties. He blushed and turned to look the other way. "Y-yeah..." he said, his face was beet red.

She turned and smiled at his sheepishly. "I thought you were mad at me. `Cause I didn't show up for the meeting." He still wasn't looking at her but he could hear the nervousness in her voice. "Are you mad at me?"

"Not really..." 'What's going on? Why should I be mad.'

"Can I ask you a question?" she asked quietly.

"What?" he said, still not looking at her.

"'Stop it you bastards,' was that you Heero?" she asked.

He froze, not knowing what to say.

'She heard that? How can I answer? If I say yes, will she know that I like her? If I say no how will explain why I was with those jerks! Argg! Stop thinking so much and just answer!'

"Yeah..." He said finally. "Do you have a problem with that?" 'NO! Why did I say it like that!?'

Relena blushed and giggled nervously. "Oh. I thought it was you... but... since you don't like me I thought it was strange..." She bowed down slightly to him. "Those words saved me. Thank you very much."

'Oh yeah, she thinks I don't like her. I have to hurry up and change this twisted attitude of mine... But instead of misunderstanding she's actually thanking me! Plus, she remembered my voice! I'm so happy!'

"I'm really sorry about yesterday," Relena began as she approached him, a blush present on her face. "Did you come up with any ideas? Can I see?" she asked, referring to the sketch book in his hand.

"Well... nothing really..." He said as he turned it over to her, his face looking in the other direction in order to hide the blush on his face.

Heero smiled as he saw Relena looking threw the pages of the sketch book, thinking about how happy he was right now. All of a sudden, the angry wind from before had picked up again. It was blowing so fiercely that it was hard for him to even keep his eyes open. That's when a thought popped into his head.

Heero sat on his bed depressed and worried about the next day and telling Relena about the misunderstanding, as Duo was rummaging threw the things on his desk, the dirty picture of Relena in hand.

"Hey, I'm putting it in here!" he said to him, as he slipped the photo into the sketch books pages. "Think of it as a 'good luck charm.'"

Heero simply sighed and said, "Whatever."

The color began to drain from his face at the memory. 'NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY! DAMN YOU DUO!' He ran over to Relena just as the wind had picked up the photo from the pages.'I KNEW IT!' He tried his best to make a grab for the picture but ended up tripping and...

...Slamming right into Relena. The two tumbled down to the ground as Heero landed right on top of her. Before his face could touch hers, her soft hand covered his mouth. All he could do was stair at her in shock. His body had went numb. He blinked as he realized what had happened and jumped off her, backing up almost a foot away. His face was turning redder by the second. That's when Relena slapped him across the face.

'At that moment I felt no pain. The shock of being only thirty cm away from Relena caused my mind to go blank.'

"I didn't know you were the type of guy who attacks any girl," she began, her voice was thick with hurt and anger. "Your pathetic!"

"No," he said, barely above a whisper. His eyes facing the ground, ashamed. 'I didn't understand what was happening anymore...' "No! I... like..."

'I then noticed that the angry wind that had been blowing had suddenly stopped.'

The picture of Relena had landed face up right between the two of them.