Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ HR ❯ Eyes of the Shadow ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or I"s. Gundam Wing is owned by Sunrise and I"s is owned by Masakazu Katsura and Weekly Shonen Jump.

Chapter 3: Eyes of the Shadow

Heero's heart began to beat like crazy as he and Relena sat in silence with the photo lying between them. He felt himself begin to sweat. His face was turning red and his body began to shake. His head was spinning as Relena reached over and grabbed the picture. Her face was unreadable, her eyes she began to study the photograph, not saying a word.

She peered over the edge of the picture at him, her blue eyes seemed cold. He turned his head away, not wanting to look at her. She smiled then, her whole face lighting up as she asked him, sweetly, "What's this?"

Heero saw the look on her face from the corner of his eyes. 'No way! A smile? She isn't mad?' He calmed down slightly and tilted his head so that he was halfway looking into her eyes. "Well..." he began nervously.

Before he could finish his sentence Relena tore up the picture and stormed away.

'Of course she's mad! It's... over...'

Before Relena could get half way to the door, Duo burst threw it, completely out ot breath. "Relena!" he cried, startling her slightly. He took a few breathes and then said, "That fake picture, my brother made it. I secretly slipped it into the sketch book. I made a real mistake, huh?" He rushed over to Heero, who was still sitting on the floor, his eyes facing the ground. "You surprised me Heero," he continued. "You just walked off with the sketchbook. I've been looking for you, so this is where you were. You were surprised too, right? Because, you didn't know anything about it, right Heero? I'm sorry."

Heero didn't even lift his head up as he said, "You can stop now."

Duo blinked a few time and then leaned closer to him and whispered harshly, "What are you saying?"

"She's already left."

Duo blinked and looked around and saw that Relena was, indeed, no where insight.

Relena walked down the hallway heading back to class. Her eyes were full of hurt. She was then stopped by two boys who had popped out of one of the classrooms she was passing by. One of them was short with straight hair and the other was tall with curly hair.

"Hello Miss Relena Peacecraft," the short one said.

"And congratulations," the tall one finished.

She blinked at the two of them, confused. "Huh?"

"For the 'Welcome New Students Party,' we third year students from class E have decided to choose a 'Miss Wanda High,'" the short one explained, "and you've been nominated."

"We'll have auditions today after school," the tall one continued. "We'd like you to come to the Art room."

"Well..." she began, "I don't..."

"Please! We beg of you!" the two said together, bowing their heads in a begging manner.

"Well, I have Drama Club after school, but if it's only for an hour..." she said.

"Thank you!" the short one said, not waiting to hear the rest of the answer.

As she began to walk away, Relena didn't even notice that Duo and Heero had seen the whole thing.

'But, that one hour is supposed to be for our committee meeting...'

"Looks like she doesn't want to be in the committee anymore," Duo said, just as Heero started to walk away. "Hey, are you giving up again."

Heero stopped but didn't bother to turn around. "No," he said flatly, a smirk creeping on his face. "This time it isn't a misunderstanding, so I don't expect to be forgiven, but I'd at least like to continue the committee. I'm going to do my best and convince her to continue."

'I tried to relax and be different, but my problematic personality isn't easily fixed. Instead of talking to her... I ended up ignoring her. At the end of the day I gathered up all my courage and asked her if she was still on the committee, but the only response I got was an icy look. I'll try again tomorrow.'

Knowing good and well, that Heero wasn't likely to get an answer from Relena while her mood was the way it was, Duo decided to take action and tell Relena for him. He had just caught up to her when she was about to enter the art room. He decide to pick up speed and began to jog toward her.

"Relena!" he called as he got in earshot. She stopped just in front of the art room door, not even bothering to meet Duo's gaze. Duo decided to ignore her coldness toward him and continue with what he had to say. "Relena," he began, "it's all my fault, Heero had nothing to do with it."

"He took the picture from you, right?" her words seemed more like a statement than a question.

Duo blinked a few times before continuing. "What about the committee?"

Relena closed her eyes, it seemed like she was trying to hold back her anger. "They can get someone else," she said, her voice seemed more hurt than angry. "He... seems to dislike me anyway, so the committee wouldn't go well, regardless."

Duo was taken aback by her words. "Hey Relena that's not true!"

Her head popped up at his words, but before he could finish, one of the boys from the art room stuck his head out the door. "Okay, okay," he said, as he gently pushed Relena inside, "only participants are welcome." Once Relena was inside, he closed the door right in Duo's face.

Duo looked at the door helplessly for a few minutes when he suddenly noticed the guy down the hallway talking on the cell phone. He was barely able to make out what he was saying.

"Oh hey... Yeah it's going well... How's the monitor?... Okay, good... Yeah, the tape too... This is easy, the recording will be great..."

The computer room was almost completely empty, save for the two boys in the back of the room. One of them was sitting at one of the computers starring at the monitor, a silly grin on his face as he starred intensely at it. The other was on a cell phone. He had long blonde hair and his uniform was disorganized. He was the same boy from the crowd before.

"Okay, later," the yellow haired boy said as he hung up his cell phone.

"Whoa! Look at this girl!" the one at the monitor said, a small trace of drool was sliding down the corner of his mouth. "You can see it all!" On the computer monitor were four video windows, all three of them showing the same girl at different angles changing from her school uniform and into a bathing suit. Two of the four showed her bare breast, the third a shot of her from the lower front, but was covered by her school uniform shirt, and the four was a view of her rear end, showing off her panties. "She took it off!" he said. "But I'm getting bored of all these naked asses."

"Move," the yellow haired boy said, shoving him out of his seat. As he sat down, he threw the cell phone at him. "Hold the cell phone," he said just as the other boy was about to catch it. "For the next one, look over there," he ordered. "You don't deserve to see Relena."

From outside the computer lab window, Duo was spying on what was going on inside. He had followed a trail of computer wires straight to the window. He'd heard just about everything they were saying. Damn.

The color seemed to drain from Relena's face as she entered the art room and saw what was going on inside. She saw three girls on the side standing around in bikinis, while a fourth one posed in front of a camera as one of the boys took pictures of her.

"It's... swimsuits?" Relena asked, barely believing what she was seeing.

The boy next to her began to blush slightly, but from what she couldn't tell. "Well, it's just a simple snapshot, so don't worry..."

"Please chose someone else," she said, as she began to turn around.

"No! Wait!" the boy in front of her said, as he slide in front of the double doors that lead to the exit, blocking her only way out. "Please, we really need you. Please help us."

Relena bit her lower lip, not knowing what to say. She sighed in defeat as she turned around and decided to stay. The nervous boy went and got her a bag and then handed it to her. "There's a suit in this bag," he said as he handed it to her. He then pointed to the supply room. "You can change in there. You can even lock the door," he added in order to put her more at ease.

Relena still couldn't help but feel nervous about the whole thing, but she reluctantly walked over to the changing room, bag in hand. As she entered she seemed to feel slightly more at ease, but still felt that something was wrong. She put the bag down on the floor and pulled out the bikini top, never once noticing the cameras hidden in the boxes.

The yellow haired boy watched as Relena began to undress, his face was a blank, but his eyes were intense. "What's wrong?" he asked her image on the monitor. "Take it off. Hurry and show us your underwear." He watched as Relena began to unbutton her shirt, but stopped. Instead she lowered her hand and slipped off her panties without taking off her skirt, not revealing any skin at all. "So that's how your going to do it?"

By the time Duo had found Heero he was completely out of breath. Heero was in the library, trying to come up with ideas for the committee. He had caught Heero completely off guard. "Duo?" he asked. "What's wrong?"

Duo quickly told Heero the whole story. He told him about the pervert from the incident the other day was back, about the cameras in the supply room, and how they were watching Relena change right now.

Heero's face turned bright red with anger at his best friend's words.