Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ I'm With You ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: The song is Avril Lavinge's, et al. I don't own the characters either, just the plot. The lyrics come from the cover, so that is why there are all the spelling errors and other things.
 
 
“I'm with You”
 
 
 
I'm standing on the bridge
I'm waiting in the dark
I thought you'd be here by now
 
Midi looked around her. It was dark without sight of anyone. She sat on the ground, waiting. Waiting for whom? She didn't know. Her last brother died, so what was her purpose now? Where did she belong?
 
there's nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I'm listening but there's no sound
 
Isn't anyone trying to find me
Won't somebody come take me home
 
But where was home to her? Being out here, alone, cold, wet, she deserved it. She trampled over people to get what she thought she needed. Phillip, David, Alice, Eric, Nicole, and…Nanashi. How had she changed their lives? Did they even think of her now? She was sure they didn't. She knew she didn't deserve it, but she strained to hear someone coming by foot or car.
 
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
 
A car slowed to a stop in front of her. Midi looked up. She didn't recognize the driver. The window rolled down and he asked,
“Where are you headed to?”
“Away, anywhere far from this place. Wherever you'll take me,” she replied.
“Get in. You'll be dry at least,” he instructed.
 
I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
Cause nothings going right
And everythings a Mess
and knowone likes to be alone
 
There was something about him, the driver. She felt as if she knew him, but his voice wasn't familiar nor was his face. But it didn't matter. He was taking her away.
“So what made you want to leave?” he asked.
“It's just a bunch of painful old memories. I feel so alone now,” she answered.
“Care to talk?” he suggested. She didn't know if it was his soothing voice, the feeling she knew him, the feeling she'd burst if she didn't tell someone, or just the gentle air from the air conditioner, but she found herself saying,
“My mother ran away when I was little. I learned later it was with a neighbor to Paris. They both died on a trip to Mexico. My older sister left to go to a military academy. God, it was so awful home that she never came back. I've never heard from her since I was twelve and she got to be second to this guy she liked. She just stopped writing one day. My father and three brothers got sick. I had to betray many people who befriended me to get to medicine. I became a spy for the federation for a time. My father and oldest brother died anyway. I had to take up a job as a waitress for when I couldn't spy. I had to ruin many people's lives. My brother, Matin, got in a fight at school. He had his head banged to the sidewalk…he never recovered. Minuit, my youngest brother, caught pneumonia. With Mother, Marie, Father, Soir, and Matin gone, he just gave up living. Can't say I blame him.”
“So you're trying to leave Death?”
“No, I'm trying to lose Sorrow.”
 
Isn't anyone trying to find me
Won't somebody come take me home
 
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
I'm with you
 
“So you do that by sitting on a bridge in the middle of the night while it rains?” he asked. The car slowed down and pulled over.
“What are you doing?” she asked.
“I need gas. Will you go into the store and get milk, cookies, just whatever you think I need,” he said.
“Sure” she answered. She walked into the store and felt happy, truly happy, for the first time in a long time.
 
Why is everything so confusing
Maybe I'm just out of my mind
Yeah Yeah….
 
Why did she feel like she belonged with this stranger? She didn't even know his name. She should be suspicious, and yet she wasn't. Why? This man could kill or rape her any moment.
 
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
 
The man walked into the store to pay for the purchases.
“Did you…” he started.
“Who are you?” Midi blurted out.
“What?”
“I'm-”
“…Midi Une. I know. I'm Trowa Barton,” he introduced, “I used to be Nanashi, but I go by Trowa now.”
“Nanashi?” she asked in disbelief.
“Yes, Midi”
“I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry for what I…” he cut her off.
“You had to do it. We all did things in the war we aren't proud of.”
“Oh Nanashi” she said and embraced him.
 
I'm with you