Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ If I Know Me ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Takes place after dark angel's Shameless. Lime content.

Disclaimer: I don't own Bandai, Sotsu, Sunrise, or MCA Records.

If I Know Me by vegitoth; Song by George Strait

//We both said some things I know we never meant,
And when I slammed the door tonight you wondered where I went.
If I know you, you're probably wonderin' what to do.
You're thinkin' that I'm gone for good, if I know you.//

I drive my truck around town to clear my own nerves after I had a fight with my wife, Sally.She and I know pretty well that that we never mean to say anything bad to each other, but somehow that little spark inside us always causes problems between me and her, although I'm not sure why. As I walk around an empty park in middle of an empty city, I do some thinking on what she's probably doing in our house. If I know better she's probably walking around the house worrying that I'm gone for good. But why would she worry about it, out of all the times we argued I always came back to her feeling sorry for the both of us.

//But if I know me, I'll turn this car around.
I won't get halfway through town, and I'll be sorry.
I'll stop and call, and you'll say you're sorry too,
And I'll come runnin' back to you, if I know me.//

I can never forget the times I lost my temper but it wouldn't be because of her, instead it would be the things I go through during work at Preventers. Sometimes my temper loss can easily forget the fact that if I lost her sweet love, I would lose the world I worked so hard to build when I proposed to her. I now understand myself and I understand how much she means to me, I'm going back to her.

//Sometimes I lose my head, say things to break your heart,
forgettin' if I lost your love, it would tear my world apart.
If I know you, you didn't mean one single thing you said.
Truth be known, you're dyin', cryin', lyin' there in bed. //

As I pull out my phone, I call my house and I say "Baby, I regret the things I said to you tonight. I'm coming home."

"I regret the things I said too, darling, and I know a way to work this out between us."

As I come back to my house, I see her standing at the front door with her face stained with tears. As I come near her, I kiss her gently on the lips and I say "I love you so much."

"I love you too. Come in the room with me."

As we begin a night of apologetic passion, I now know who I am. I am a better man.

//But if I know me, I'll turn this car around.
I won't get halfway through town, and I'll be sorry.
I'll stop and call, and you'll say you're sorry too,
And I'll come runnin' back to you, if I know me.
If I know me, and I know me.//