Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Joker's Smile ❯ Two, is just as bad as... ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Doc, Doc I can't find myself. I keep disappearing... Got nowhere to run to though. Can't figure it out. Where am I? I laugh, I joke, I fight. Is that it? Did I not fight well enough? Did I not do well enough for you? Did you even see me? Were you there?
32 confirmed kills. Hehehe... Not that I'm counting. And that was just today. That doesn't include tomorrow, and yesterday. But it doesn't matter. You're still not looking. The urge to laugh overwhelms, but there's nothing to laugh about. I'm in the corner of the bathroom.Playing hide and seek. But no one knows where to find me. They'll keep looking...
But wait... I haven't heard them in a while... Do they even remember that we're playing? Or were we playing? Was it just me, thinking that they would listen to me as I talked about it. Did they not understand? Or did they ignore me, just ignored me like always. Like usual.
I'm looking at the mirror. When did it break? Was it broken when we got here? No. I think it broke when I hit it. Or maybe I just THOUGHT I hit it. Or maybe I'm imagining that it's broken. Nope, broken. I can see the blood on my knuckles. But no one else can see the blood on my knuckles. My hands. My arms, legs, feet, head. I'm drowning in it. I have to get it to go away, but no one can find me to help me. They're all out there, dealing with their Gundams, dealing with their own lives. No one needs to look in on Maxwell, he's just fine. Listen to him laugh up there, reading a dirty dojinshi. Maybe he's just laughing to hear something that isn't screaming.
Yep. That's it. No screaming when you can't hear it because you can't shut up cause then they'd notice that the screaming has started and oh kami... When did it get so bad? Why do they keep screaming?!
There, I can show them. I can scream louder than they can. Oops... Now they'll want to know why you're screaming. Thinkthinkthink....
It was just a... a... a bee. Can't stand bees. They buzzbuzzbuzz all the time. No, I am not like a bee buzzing all the time. I talk, not buzz. Don't laugh oh kami don't laugh. I can't take it... okay, you aren't laughing.
Wait, you never laugh. So why am I so scared? Oh yeah. Your eyes. They kinda do this crinkly thing when you're thinking about laughing. or talking. But not always. Sometimes you get this little glowing in there, and I can see your soul lifting out of the muck, the blood. Flying away, like a miniature Wing. I'd paint Wing green-blue. Just for fun. To see what you would do. Green like your tank, blue like your eyes.
You're looking at me. Is there something on my face? I absently wipe at the blood on my face, but there isn't really blood there. It's all in my head. But isn't everything in my head? Solo, Father Maxwell, Shinigami, Sister Helen, Foxy, Dan, Dreamer, Scary, Kiley, Janice, Sivia...
Nononono! No! Get out! My head is too full. So full of people, of blood. Smoke, debris. Lots and lots of people. WHy won;t anyone ask why there are so many people talking all at once. Oh yeah, they can't hear them. They fight in my head. They're only quiet when I fight. So maybe I should fight some more. Mission? Mission? New mission you say. Or don't say. You kinda grunt and I translate. Suck the drying blook off my knuckes, try to get it all together again. I only breakdown like this when I'm quiet. Need to talk. Sing. Dance. Die. Diediediedie. Oh kami.
The mission requires three... I'm in. Explosives, infiltration. That's me! I'm so good at that. We'll need some of this and this and that.
I know, I know. Shut up Maxwell.
But that isn't me. I'm not Maxwell. Maxwell's dead. They all are. So am I, but I'm still alive. Funny, but not really. I laugh anyways. See, that's why they won;t talk to you. They know that you only laugh like that when you're about to blow something up. Which you are.
Hehehehe...
Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup.. .
Did you hear the one about...
Buh-duhn-chh...
Boom. Boom. Four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. Hehehe... Fourteen, fifteen... The blood... Blood burns, it explodes at high enough temperatures. I wonder if I'd explode at high enough temperatures? I do know that I'll explode if I don't move in the next twenty seconds.
Shut up Solo! I do want to move, really. Fifteen, fourteen...
Heh, made it just in the nick of time, right guys? Guys? Oh yeah, we're supposed to meet at the safehouse. Got it. I wonder why it's so warm in here.
Hehehe... I know that I'm crazy, but I swear I don't see stuff. Not the pretty lights that are dancing across my screen. Oh wait, that's my eyes. Not my screen. Hehehe. I'm hurt... No blood on my knuckes. But the blood around my head is slowly draining away. I can breathe again, but only just. The bullet in my side kinda makes it hard to breathe properly.
Oh Heero, didn't know you cared. Good to know that you can stitch me up and STILL be an asshole. But that's why I love you.
Oops.
You're looking at me odd. I guess I'm saying things I don;t mean too. Oh well. THis might be my only chance to not see that ice in your eyes. Love you...