Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Knee Deep ❯ Knee Deep ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Knee Deep by Yaoi Girl

As the gentle waves kiss my bare feet and the sun slowly sets over the hills, all I can do is think of you.

Even as I sit on the sand, the moisture from underneath its rough texture doesn't ease my mind from the image of your golden hair and brilliant blue eyes.

I heard sand rustling behind me, so I turned to look, hoping that it would be you, but it was just my wishful thinking; it was only a happy couple, strolling down the beach, hand in hand.

I turn away quickly, staring out at the sparkling lake that's reflecting the setting orange orb, bringing a hand slowly to my face to wipe the forming haze away from my eyes.

I sigh, still thinking of you, how we could be like that couple, walking hand in hand down this lonely stretch of sand and water.

I begin to roll my pants up to my knees, giving my eyes on last brush of my fingers when I'm done. Slowly rising to my sandy feet, I rub my hands together and watch the small bits of sand fall back to the ground silently.

Taking a small step forward, I wince as the cold water rushes upon my whole foot, but my thoughts never waver from your tiny hands as they handle Duo's dinner plate Frisbee-ing after he's done eating. I can't suppress the tiny smile that this image causes.

Another step and my left foot meets my submerged right, and I shudder slightly as the goose bumps rise all over my body.

Step by step, I walk out into the freezing water, still thinking of you.

Quatre…when will you be back? When will things ever be the same? The house and the other three aren't the same without you either, but I'm the worst and can't help it.

I turn back to face the beach. I thought for a moment that I had caught a trace of honeysuckle that you always seem to have about you, but again, my mind is playing tricks on me.

Another two steps and I am knee deep in the water. The water is starting to numb my toes and ankles.

The sun is almost gone now, I note as I glace up to the top of the hill. The water is calming, the wind slowing.

Now with nothing to stare at above me but very dim stars and the moon, I stare down past the water to watch the tiny minnows swim to and fro about my ankles. I smile slightly as I feel the water shifting around my ankles as they swim; how could such tiny creatures swim so powerfully?

My mind shifts to daydreams of us together, how life could be if I weren't so silent all the time. "Quatre…"

I gasp and jump as I feel something wrap around my waist; I had been so caught up in my daydreams and watching the fish that I didn't hear anyone splashing as they walked out to me.

My mind jumps to a conclusion; the only person it could be is Catherine. I've been traveling with the circus again, and naturally she'd come out here to me, seeing how open and sad I was being with myself.

As I turn, my eyes closed, I can't help but say, "What do you want?"

"You…" came the quick response.

That's not Catherine's voice, or a girl's for that matter.

My eyes snap open and I stare into the blue pools I've been thinking of all day.

I must've jumped in the water and drowned myself; there's no way that this is Quatre here with his tiny hands and fingers in my own now. I've died and I'm now with his angel…there's no other explanation, or so I thought.

His eyes are drowning me on their own, even as they get closer to my own.

I back away, afraid, and he knows it.

"Trowa…"

I lower my head to face the water around our bare feet, shame eating at my very being.

A slender finger touches my chin, tilting my head up, my eyes meeting his again.

I'm afraid, and he knows it, but that doesn't stop him from anything.

He places both of his tiny warm hands on my cheeks, holding my head in place as he stares into my eyes.

"Don't run from me, Trowa…"

Warm lips meet mine and three thoughts fly through my mind before all thought ceases; I'm not dead, this isn't his angel, it's Quatre.

We kiss tenderly for a few moments, and then the cold wind rushes over my lips and closed eyelids. A tug on my wrist and he's taking me back to the beach, his hand in mine.

My legs quickly regain their warmth taken away by the water's iciness as we stand on the beach, my feet once again meeting the rough texture of the sand.

I watch him as he moves to stand beside me, interlacing our fingers together, his smile warming me fully.

"No more tears, my silent one."

I can't help but smile back at him.

"I love you, Quatre."

A simple smile says everything that's on and in his mind at that moment.

The stars twinkle merrily above and the moon watches over us as we walk down the lonely stretch of beach, hand in hand.

~Owari~