Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ legand of the pheonix fire ❯ part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part 1

Heero woke up with a start.

He was sweating and shaking. His hands where clutching the sheets so hard his knuckles were completely white.

He looked around and sighed in relief at the lack of white-flame, birds and women.

/ Just a dream, calm /

But he couldn't be calm; part of him knew it wasn't just a dream. It was something else.

He just didn't know what.

He shook his head trying to clear it of the thoughts that shouldn't be.

He heard his cousin, relena stir beside him. He sighed they would have to keep going, they couldn't stay here not if they didn't want them to catch up with them. He turned around to relena and shook her shoulder.

"Come on Lena, we got to get going"

"Cant we stay 5 more minute?" she murmured sleepily

"No if we don't go they might catch us, come on we got to get some food anyway" Heero started to pack up there stuff, a blanket, a couple of pots and a few knifes.

"Ok, ok so where we gonna get the grub?"

"I saw some carts through the trees, not guarded, it should be easy."

**~**

Treize smiled. The one phoenix was near, in the form of an unknown person. He knew that if he could get the person he could wield the most powerful force in the earth; soon he would be the ruler of the world. So soon. He couldn't wait.

**~**

Duo sighed, he was soooooo bored. He was fed up of just being the handsome prince. He wanted some adventure, but he was never going to get that. So he sighed and slumped further in his chair.

It was his birthday soon and his father was busy sorting out the night's festivities, not that duo wanted anything to do with it. It was just another birthday to him. But to everyone else it was the day the prince came of age.

His companions, quatre a mage with empathic abilities, wufei his bodyguard and trowa his advisor. All knew that duo didn't really care about this big fuss being made. He was only going along because it was expected, not because he wanted to.

"Why don't you just ask you father if you can not go?" quatre asked he knew how miserable duo was and he wanted to make him feel a bit better.

"Let me go and pass off a chance to show off his riches, never gonna happen." Duo answered a touch of sarcasm in his voice

"Well go then and stop complaining like a useless onna." Wufei snapped

"Oh thanks a lot wu-man you made me feel a lot better"

"You know sarcasms is the lowest form of wit." Trowa said in his usual monotone voice

"Yeah but it's the best." Duo replied in a sullen voice

Quatre looked at the sulking prince in his throne. His chestnut hair was neatly braided into its usual butt length braid but was falling apart from being fiddled with repeatedly. His heart shaped face was molded into a very unhappy expression, frown lines creasing his forehead. His violet eyes looked murderous and his mouth was twisted into a grimace of anger. Quatre sighed there wasn't anything he could do to help his friend so he thought it was best they just left him.

"Come on lets leave duo to figure out what he's gonna do." He motioned for the others to leave

Wufei took up his spot guarding the door incase anything might happen and quatre and trowa went to their bedchamber. Leaving a very angry duo in his throne room.

**~**

Heero and relena hid in the trees by the carts. There seemed to be no one around. Heero turned towards his cousin, and motioned for her to wait there. With considerable stealth, he crept towards the delivery cart that was sitting outside the kitchen entrance. He was hoping there would be some bread and cheese on the cart that he could swipe.
" HEE~RO!!" he heard Relena shout and dropped everything and ran out to help her.

There where 5 soldiers surrounding her and just as 1 of them went in to attack. Heero delivered a roundhouse kick to his head. He made short work of them, knocking several of the unconscious, but when he looked up to get relena out of there. He saw her being held with a knife at her throat, by a tall man with auburn hair and slightly forked eyebrows.

"I wouldn't do anything else, unless you want her pretty little throat slit." The man said in an oily voice

"Hn." Heero put his arms to his sides and kept his eyes fixed on the man holding his cousin

"Not much of a talker are you thief." Treize smirked at the murderous look in the boys eyes and then gasped at the flash of fire he saw in their depths

/ He can't be. He's just some thief. /

Treize shook himself mentally, if he is who he suspected he was, he would do anything to save this girl.

/ I think I will set him test to prove if he is who I think he is /

He smirked as a plan started to form in his well-oiled brain.

"I should hand you over to the police now and they would cut off your hand for thievery boy, but what would happen to this lovely girl here?" Treize held the girl even tighter

~

Relena whimpered when she felt the knife bite into the skin of her neck drawing a little blood, but she had faith. Heero would save her he always had before and he would again.

~

"Leave her alone!" Heero growled at the man holding his cousin as he saw blood well in the place the knife was. He had promised to look after her and he wasn't about to let this malicious man make him break that vow that he had kept all these years.

"Tell you what if you do something for me, she is free to go. If you don't then I'll be forced to punish you and give this little girl to my soldiers to play with. And you know how rough men like that can be on their toys. They often break them beyond repair."

Heero didn't like this one bit, he didn't care what happened to him it would be nothing he hadn't coped with before, but he would not let what this man was talking about happen to relena. She still had her innocence and it was something he wanted to protect.

~

"Heero don't I don't trust him." Relena spoke quietly trying not to make the knife press into her neck anymore. But she wanted to stop her cousin making a deal with this man who obviously couldn't be trusted

~

"I know `Lena I don't trust him either, but im not letting you get hurt." He said sending her what he hoped was a reassuring look. Turning to the man still holding his cousin. "What is it you want me to do"?

~

Smirking Treize said, "You are going bring me the kings son."

Please review * chibi eyes * pwetty please