Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love in the Basement ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Love in the Basement prologue

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 2X1

Warnings: Heero will probably be OOC in his thinking.

Disclaimer: I don't own GW

This story takes place near a small town in America. The house was in the middle of nowhere about 20 miles from the small town the house belonged to a Japanese family whose ancestors had originally built the house. It was a nice two-story house, with a living room, kitchen, and dining room on the first floor. Then three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the second floor. There was also a basement, and the only way to get into the basement was through the door in the kitchen. There were four people living in the house. A mother, a father, a son but these people aren't what this story is about. It is about the youngest son, the son the family called demon.

Through unfortunate genetics, this son was born with blue eyes. When the mother saw him she immediately pushed the child away calling him a demon. She didn't know what she did to anger the gods but she prayed everyday to ask for forgiveness. She would have killed the child instantly, but the father intervened. Saying they couldn't kill the child because the demon inside could escape and kill them all. So with great reluctance the mother took care of the child, but only so that it would survive. She was never kind to the child. The boy hardly ever spoke. When the boy was old enough to walk they locked the child in the basement. They fed it regularly so it would stay alive, but they never let the boy leave.

The boy grew up never knowing love or what a family was. He was alone in the basement. He had explored every inch of the basement. He found many boxes with interesting things inside. One had a radio, which he figured out how to hook up. When he first listened to the radio he didn't know what they were saying. He knew very little English but he listened to the radio a lot and eventually he learned. He taught himself how to read through the books that were in another box. In an old chest there was some clothing but most of it was moth eaten except for a green tank top and some spandex shorts. There wasn't any light to see by so his eyes adjusted to the darkness giving him excellent night vision. The radio was the only thing he treasured the most.

He would fall asleep listening to the radio. Actually he would fall asleep listening to one of the announcers, a man that went by the name of Death. Death was always laughing and telling jokes but he was serious sometimes too. The boy really liked this man. Death's show was always on at night. The boy would always fall asleep to the man's voice.

After listening to the radio one night the boy decided he needed a name. So he looked through the books he had been reading and one of the names he had read he had liked. He named himself Heero Yuy after the great political leader. He really liked the name it was a lot better than demon.

Heero dreamed every night of leaving the basement and going into the world outside. But in reality he couldn't, the door was always locked from the outside. During the day he would sit by the air vent and listen to the people upstairs talk so he could learn about the outside world.

One night Heero fell asleep but before he did he wished that he could go outside, even if it was for a few minutes. He wanted to see it. He had wished this wish every since he was little.

Heero didn't know that someone listened to his wish and that it was going to be granted. Heero just slept peacefully listening the melodious voice from the radio.

TBC (?)