Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love in the Basement ❯ Pt. 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Love in the Basement pt. 2/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 2X1, and a little 3X4 and 5XS

Warnings: Heero will probably be a little OOC.

Disclaimer: I don't own GW

He watched, as a huge tree on the side of the road was getting closer to them. Duo closed his eyes and prayed that this wasn't the end.

When Duo opened his eyes again he realized he must have passed out. He was now lying on the ground looking up at the sky through the trees. He could hear Wufei and Sally arguing over something but he wasn't really paying attention. He tried to sit up but immediately flopped back down and closed his eyes as dizziness took over him. He groaned loudly and forced down the urge to be sick.

Sally and Wufei stopped arguing when they heard the groan. Sally walked over and kneeled next to Duo.

"Easy Duo, you took a hit to the head. You're not concussed just a bump on the head."

With the help of Sally he finally sat up. He looked around and found Trowa and Quatre leaning against a tree a couple of feet from him. They had cuts and bruises but other than that they looked fine. He saw Wufei standing behind Sally he looked fine and so did Sally.

"What happened Sal?"

"From what I gathered, Trowa swerved to avoid hitting a deer. He spun the car away to try and avoid the tree but he clipped it. The car flipped onto its side and slid a few feet then stopped. You were the worst off because you weren't wearing a seatbelt you idiot. You're very lucky you only got a knock on your head. Trowa and Quatre are a little shaken but fine as are we. But the car isn't. We can't seem to get it to start. So we are pretty much stuck here."

Duo just nodded. "So what is the plan now?"

"Wufei says we should walk to the nearest town, which is 20 miles away by the way. I say we stay put."

Duo looked at Trowa and Quatre. Quatre was leaning heavily onto Trowa. Trowa looked like he needed the comfort just as much as Quatre did.

"Before we crashed, I saw a house a few miles down that way," Duo pointed the way they had come from before they crashed. "We could see if they have a phone or something and get help. From what I saw not many people use this road. So, I don't think anyone will be traveling down this road for awhile, Sal. What do you guys think? Should we try for the house?"

"I still want to go to the town and not to some back country house. You don't know what kind of psychos live out here."

"Wufei, shut up. I say the house would be our best bet. The psychos are only in movies and not real life."

"Onna how dare you tell me to shut up!"

"What did you call me, you…"

"Stop fighting. It won't get us anywhere. I like Duo's idea. What about you Trowa?"

"Duo's plan is more plausible."

Wufei just snorted and Sally nodded. Sally moved to help Duo to his feet while Trowa helped Quatre. They started off down the road towards the house. They walked for hours down the road. They finally found a road that connected with the main road. They traveled down it and soon were in grasslands. It seemed that the trees lined the road and only went so far out before it became grassland. The sun was just setting when they finally reached the house. They looked to see if anyone was home but only saw several newspapers on the doorstep. They knocked on the door just in case but no one answered.

"Just great, no one `s home. From the looks of it not for awhile. This is an injustice."

"Well, might as well go in. No one `s home and we can leave a note later explaining what had happened. They might have phone and we need assistance."

"But that's breaking and entering."

"Yes, Quatre, but if we don't we are stuck out here and walking the 20 plus miles back towards the town. Do you really want to do that?"

The long walk had been tiring on everyone. Duo looked at Quatre who shook his head. Duo took some lock picks out of his braid and started to pick the lock. Wufei and Trowa both raised an eyebrow at him and Duo just grinned back. Duo finally picked the lock and they entered.

The sun had set and the house was enveloped in darkness. The five friends spread out to look for a light switch. Quatre found it and switched it on. The house looked spacious but cozy. It had a good lived in feel to it. Trowa and Wufei went off looking for a phone while Duo, Quatre, and Sally explored.

"The family that lives here must be Japanese."

"What makes you say that Sal?"

"Well look at the artwork and some of the pictures. They look Japanese and the handwriting is Japanese."

After some more exploring, Wufei and Trowa walked back in to the living room.

"We found the phone and called. They said that they will be here tomorrow sometime in the late afternoon. Apparently they know the people who live here. So I guess we'll just have to stay the night. I think we should sleep on the floor in here though."

"Yeah, why don't Quatre and Sally go find some pillows and blankets and I'll find something for us to eat. I don't know about you but I'm starving."

"Is food all you think about?"

"Hmmm sure do Wu-man."

"The name is Wu-FEI."

"Yeah I know."

"MAXWELL!"

Duo just laughed and walked into the kitchen. He looked through the cupboards and found various foods. He set the food down and was preparing to divide it to share when he heard a faint noise coming from a door. He walked closer to the door and listened. He heard some muffled talking and wondered who was down there. He opened the door and peered down. He realized the door led to a very big basement. He still heard the sound and it sounded like voices.

"Hey, anyone down here?"

He heard something shuffling down and to his right and the sound abruptly stop. He looked over there but he couldn't see anything. There was only one light in the basement, which happened to be on. It didn't light the whole basement so he couldn't see into the dark corners.

"Who's down here?"

No one answered his call. Duo walked down a few steps and let go of the door. He squinted to see if he could see in the dark spaces but he couldn't see a thing. He shrugged and went back out the door and closed it.

Wufei walked in when Duo closed the door to the basement.

"What were you doing in there?"

"I though I heard something, but it doesn't seem to be anything down there."

"Maybe there are ghosts down there?"

"Oh Shut up Wufei, you know there is no such thing. But after dinner maybe the five of us should check it out. I swear there is something down there. I heard something move."

"Whatever Maxwell, it's just you're over active imagination but I guess it wouldn't hurt to explore it."

"Thanks Wu-man, get everyone else so we can eat and then go exploring in the basement."

"Maxwell, my name is Wufei, not Wu-man."

Wufei noticed that Duo was not paying attention and decided for once to give up. He walked back into the living room and called everyone for dinner.

Meanwhile in the basement, Heero was scared. First the people upstairs had been very quiet and he couldn't hear them through the vents anymore. They also haven't fed him recently and he was getting really hungry. He had saved some of the food because he never knew when he was going to eat next. The people upstairs had a tendency to forget to feed him, but this was the longest time that they had forgotten. Heero would have knocked and asked for food but the last time he did that. The man from upstairs came down and beat him. Heero had hurt for a long time after that. He didn't do it again. But now Heero was more scared. There were new people upstairs. He had been listening to the radio waiting for his favorite announcer when the door had opened. He scurried out of the light, so he wouldn't be seen. He had been beaten many a time for being in sight when they gave him his food. The person had came down the stairs and said something he didn't hear because the radio was on. He turned the volume down on the radio so he could hear better. The new person asked who was down in the basement. Heero didn't know if he should respond. He wasn't supposed to talk to the people upstairs, they always beat him when he did. He didn't want to be beaten so he stayed quiet.

Heero walked to the door hoping that the new people got him some food. When he got there he didn't see any food. Heero was upset and started to cry. He didn't understand why they didn't give him food. Maybe he really was a bad person and eating was only for good people. He tried to be good but apparently he wasn't good enough. He went back down the stairs and grabbed his radio. He turned it on again and curled up in the corner hoping to hear his favorite announcer.

In the meantime, the five people upstairs finished with their dinners. They found a couple of flashlights and went to the basement door. They heard sounds coming from the basement and looked at each other to make sure they weren't the only ones hearing it. Duo shrugged and opened the door. They walked down the stairs and stood huddled at the bottom. Trowa turned on one of the flashlights and started to swing it around to see into the dark corners. He shone into one corner and Quatre gasped.

TBC