Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love in the Basement ❯ Pt. 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Love in the Basement pt. 5/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 2X1, and a little 3X4 and 5XS

Warnings: Heero will probably be a little OOC.

Disclaimer: I don't own GW

"You let the Demon out!"

"Huh?"

"The thing behind you is a demon why did you let it out?"

There was a man and a woman standing in front of them with a young boy standing behind them. The woman looked about ready to faint. She was clutching onto the boy behind her. The man, who had been talking, was very upset. He had a look that was between angry and frightened. Heero, on the other hand, was frightened to death. He was hiding behind Duo and clutching onto the braid like a lifeline. The others, having heard the yelling, walked out behind Duo and Heero. They were confused as was Duo.

"Are you the people who live here?"

"Yes, we are. No why did you let the demon out. He is a menace and needs to be locked up."

"Oh so you're the bastards. You know what I don't want to hear your reasoning. We're going to take him with us and you are not going to stop us."

"No. I can't let you. He has to stay here. Soon Shinigami will come and to take him and we'll be rid of him."

"Shinigami? You mean Death," The man nodded, "Then I am he."

"You a boy, you can't be Shinigami."

"I am, just ask Heero."

"Heero?"

"The demon."

"Demon, is it true? Is he Shinigami?"

Heero peeked out behind Duo and nodded then went back to hiding. Duo looked at the man and woman waiting for their answer. He wanted to get away from these people as soon as possible. The man and woman looked frightened but relieved. Now Shinigami can take the demon and leave them in peace.

"I'm sorry for not recognizing you, Shinigami-sama. As you can see we have taken care of the demon for you."

"I noticed but you didn't take very good care of him. First, His name is Heero and not demon. Second, he wasn't taken care of properly."

"I assure you he was. We taught him to be subservient to you. We also kept him healthy."

"Then what of the bruises?"

"Those were a punishment. He didn't follow orders like he was supposed to."

"Fine, I've heard enough. We're leaving right now and I don't want to ever see you people again. If any one of us do, you will not be saved from my wrath."

Duo glared at the couple and walked past them with Heero following. The others glared at the family and then followed Duo and Heero. The family looked frightened to death. They hoped that Shinigami didn't carry through with his threat. When they were far enough away Duo started to laugh.

"Did you see the looks on their faces? I can't believe they actually believed me."

The others joined in, except Heero. He looked confused. Duo and the others finally calmed down when they heard a soft nasal voice speak up.

"Why wouldn't they believe you, Shinigami-sama?"

They all turned to Heero who was still holding onto Duo.

"Umm…never mind Heero. I'll tell you later. But just call me Duo, okay?"

Heero nodded and smiled. The others looked sadly at him but he didn't notice he was too busy looking at his surroundings. The sun was up and shining brightly down on them. He could see trees in the distance and all around him were tall golden stalks. He took one hand and let go of Duo's braid to touch one. He was fascinated by the texture, and let go of Duo altogether to get a better feel of it. He looked at it closely and smelled it. It smelled strange to him. He never smelled anything like it before. He wanted to taste it to see what it would taste like. He stuck out his tongue and leaned over to lick it. When Duo pulled him away.

"No, Heero. You can't lick that."

Heero pouted, he wanted to taste it. He looked at Duo but Duo shook his head no. Duo grabbed Heero's hand and started to lead him towards the trees. Heero tried to wiggle out of the grip but he couldn't so he gave up and just looked at his surroundings. The others were walking behind them and he looked back at them to see what they were doing. They were talking quietly to each other. The blond one looked at him and smiled. He twirled back around to look forward again. He heard a strange sound in the distance and looked towards it. He gasped when he saw birds flying through the air.

"Duo, look. What are those?"

"They're birds."

"Oh so that's what birds are."

"Huh? What do you mean Heero?"

"I have always heard of them but never saw them before."

Duo nodded his head. Heero continued to look at the birds in awe. They walked like this for a while until they heard the sound of a truck coming towards them. Heero hid behind Duo and grabbed for the braid. Duo waved his hands and the truck slowed and stopped when it got to them. An old man leaned out of the driver's seat.

"Are you the fellas that called needin' a lift?"

"Yep, that's us. Thanks for coming out here to get us."

"Alright hop in, I can have two people up here but the rest have to get in the back."

It was decided that Trowa and Quatre be up front while the rest got into the back. Wufei and Sally sat behind the driver's side while Heero and Duo took the left. Heero was still standing when Duo got in. Duo went over to Heero, grabbed his hand and pulled him down to sit next to him. When everyone was settled in the truck, it turned around and started back the way it had come. Heero was slightly afraid. Things were moving by rapidly. He huddled next to Duo and grabbed the braid. Duo looked down and smiled at him trying to reassure Heero that everything was all right.

Inside the truck, Trowa was talking to the man driving.

"Did you find our car?"

"Yes we did. We already have it towed back to town. They are fixin' it as we speak."

"Thank you. We really appreciate it."

It was a couple of hours before they actually reached the town. The town was fairly small. There wasn't much to see in the town, but to Heero it was really fascinating. At one stop he saw a little girl with a red round object attached to a string on her wrist floating above her head. Heero sat up on his knees and leaned out to touch the object but at the same time the truck lurched forward. Heero started to fall forwards but was stopped when Duo and Wufei grabbed him and pulled him back in.

"Don't do that Heero. You could get hurt."

Heero looked ashamed and sat silently next to Duo. He didn't want Duo mad at him. Duo looked at him and sighed.

"I'm not mad at you. I was just scared for you. If you want to touch something just ask me first. Okay?"

Heero nodded rapidly. He was happy that Duo wasn't mad at him. He promised himself that he would always ask before he would touch something. He then realized he was touching Duo's braid and he hadn't asked. He let go of it immediately. Duo looked puzzled at Heero's actions.

"Duo, can I touch your hair?"

"Of course Heero. You can even hold it if you want."

Heero smiled and grabbed the braid back. He liked the feel of it and the way it looked. The truck finally parked in front of a repair shop. They all got out of the truck and was led to the rear of the shop. They saw the car sitting there without a scratch on it.

"Well it seems they fixed it already. It had a couple of scratches and dents, it also had a broken fan belt..."

The old man kept on talking about the problems the car had. Duo didn't care to listen, he wanted to leave the town and go back home. He also wanted to get Heero to someone who can look at him to make sure he was really all right.

Heero had wandered off and now was looking at the tools and stuff around the shop. There were a couple of mechanics working in the shop but were ignoring the group and Heero. He reached out his hand to touch the tools but pulled back when he remembered he had to ask first. He looked around for Duo but couldn't see him anywhere. The others were missing as well. He panicked and ran all around the shop looking for them. He couldn't find them anywhere. The other mechanics looked at him oddly. One of them started to walk towards Heero. Heero backed up until he hit the wall and then he slid down. He curled up and started to cry. The mechanic crouched in front of him.

"Hey kid, what's wrong?"

When no answer was given he reached out to touch the boy but was surprised when the boy screamed.

"DUO!"

TBC

Did you like?