Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letters and Hate Mail ❯ My Confession ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: GW is not mine... yadda... yadda. I also do not own "My Confession" which belongs to Josh Groban and Richard Page.

Warnings: songfic... shonen ai... sap

A/N: Trowa's turnaround. I think that all of you hopeless romantics will enjoy this.
blah= lyrics


My Confession
By Solanum Dulcamara


My Dearest Heero,

In truth I confess that I'm an idiot. I hid behind pretenses. I disappeared and buried myself in scholarship. I ran off to seek the treasures of the world and left the greatest of them all behind.

I have been blind, unwilling

to see the true love you're giving

I have ignored every blessing

I'm on my knees, confessing

I have toured worldly beauty, sketching art in Paris, attending the opera in Rome, observing historic scientific advancement in Berlin, studying philosophy in Greece, but none of it compares to the beauty of you.


that I feel myself surrender

each time I see your face

I am staggered by your beauty,

your unassuming grace

And after wandering through darkness, you are my light. Reading your last letter made my heart sing. I'd finally found what I'd been searching for: you.


And I feel my heart is turning

falling into place

I can't hide it

Now here my confession

I went on this superficial journey of self-discovery and do you know what I found? I am nothing without you. You have been my courage to start out, my strength to continue. You inspired me in art and warmed me in Russia. I can not find an individual identity. You are a part of me and I am identified through you. I finally see myself when I look in you eyes.


I have been wrong about you

I thought I was strong without you

Yet, I stubbornly persisted on this pilgrimage of sorts. How long has it been? A year? All I found was loneliness and a gnawing, aching need for you.


For so long nothing could move me

For so long nothing could change me

I came to Japan; Freudian... typical. But what I found startled me. Remember when you told me about the sakura? It didn't prepare me. They are marvelous, exquisite. I became a man obsessed. I sat for hours daily, sketching bloom after bloom. They are so much like you. Simple, elegant, beautiful. I would catch the falling blossoms carefully to hold them as I would your hand. I stood in a spray of snowing flowers and felt drowned in my love for you.


Now I feel myself surrender

each time I see your face

I am staggered by you beauty

your unassuming grace

And I feel my heart is turning

falling into place

I can't hide it

Now hear my confession

I searched to deepen my love of art and deepened my love for you. I sought out captivating literature and was captivated by your letters. I studied exotic architecture but am baffled by the simplicity of your love. And it all makes me ask why I left in the first place.


You are the air that I breathe

You're the ground beneath my feet

When did I stop believing

I have learned the seven wonders of the ancient world, the seven man made wonders of the world, and the seven wonders of the animal world, and can definitively say that you are more wonderful than all of them and it is time for you to bring me home to stay.

I love you,

Trowa