Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Great Confusion ❯ Make our Way ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mars children
Part two: the great confusion
Chapter three: Make our way
Author: Supurrkitty


" Guys, I think...they're stopping...?" Quatre said
" It's about time! We've been trailing them for more than a day!" Duo complained.
" Maybe they were planning to run us out of fuel..." Heero guessed.
" I'm not sure, but prepare yourselves." Trowa said.
" What're they doing?" Duo asked
" Preparing to fight..." Wufei said, pushing to fight.
" Alright, we're gonna start soon, remember, take out the cannons and other weapons first. Don't go till they fire." Heero said, preparing himself.
The ships turned all the way around, asteroids surrounding.
" If anything happens, this is too far out to get help." Quatre said, but tried not to mention that they stood no chance.
The ships flipped out their cannons. Then, from the surrounding asteroids, small specs poured out like bugs under a rock. As they got near it was clear that they were suits.
" What the hell!?" Wufei exclaimed
" What are those things...?" Trowa scanned the closest one " Titanium...?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

" Well, Haruki?" Relena looked down at the short woman.
Haruki had told Relena about the predicament and, after calming her down, they started to discuss it. Relena was introduced to Jade and the plan. Relena agreed that, with just them, they would never get enough suits in time.
It was brought up that this problem would have to be set in front of the world. And that they would have to ask for everyone's help. Also, since Haruki was the only one who knew how to deal with the new metal and regenerate it, she would have to be put in charge. That meant that she would be brought out and introduced to the people of Earth and the colonies. Her identity would not be given out, but she would have tremendous amounts of publicity as the moderator. The news and papers would dig in to find out who she really was. There was a very good chance that she would be found out. But in order to save the world...
Haruki bit her bottom lip and clenched her fists, staring at the ground.
" I... I'll do it!" Haruki looked up at Relena and gave a small smile " I really have no choice. But, I want Sakura to be taken to a different place. It'd be more likely that she would give it all away, she's just a baby."
" Alright." Relena said and patted her on the shoulder. " I'll have someone come get her in the morning. I've got to go now."
Relena left.
Haruki looked around, then at Akira who was standing next to her, then at the other girls, but Umeko was missing.
" Where's Umeko?" She asked, but only got shrugs. " Hmm, oh well, let's get your Gundam loaded, Akira, I'll get my equipment."
Akira nodded and they proceeded to load the Gundam onto the truck.
Haruki went into a room with all of the equipment and started to pack stuff up.
Then she suddenly stopped and looked out the window, it was still raining from the day before.
It made everything seem all the more helpless.
" I can't see the stars. You seem so much further away..." Haruki spoke to herself.
" Please, come back."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Du o charged through and sliced a few suits.
They had started the fight, the first one in years. A few mobile dolls had been destroyed, the first deaths on their side for the battle.
The enemy had no chance when it came to the power of one of the Gundams against one of their suits. Their power was in sheer numbers. And they just kept coming.
" Hey guys, is it just me..." Duo sliced a few more suits. " ...or are these suits getting stronger?"
" Hn." Heero made his moves, taking out three more suits.
" I've had enough of waiting for them to come to us. I'm going in!" Wufei shouted as he blasted towards the main ship.
" Wufei! You'll kill yourself, come back!" Quatre said, still battling.
" Hm." Trowa went in after Wufei.
" Yes! The God of Death is back again!" Duo dove into the mess.
" You guys!" Quatre called to them.
" Quatre." Heero beeped in.
" What is it?" Quatre responded.
" I'm going to go in, but you have to go back home..."
" But..."
" You need to grab one of these suits and take them back to be analyzed. Akira can do that for you, but you have to get out of here alive."
" Okay."
Heero nodded to him, then went into the blunder.
Quatre frowned, but proceeded to back out of the path of destruction, dragging three suits with him.
He made his way into the asteroid belt, the suits close by.
" Well, I only need one." Quatre said, as he swerved through the asteroids, hoping to lose some, but it didn't work.
" Hm, they're good." Quatre found an asteroid and bounced off of it. He used his two swords to slice through the centers, leaving one.
" Okay, how do I do this without totally demolishing it?" Quatre asked his Gundam, of course, getting no answer. " Well, let's try to lose him again."
Quatre boosted Sandrock right up to the suit, but swerving out of the way, not allowing it to do any damage to his Gundam. The suit spun around and chased after him.
Quatre dodged asteroids, until he came to a big one. He went to its face, then swerved upward and then around the whole thing, hoping the suit would lose him and he could sneak behind it.
As he neared the top of the asteroid for the second time, he scanned the area for the suit.
" Where did he go?"
Then, the Gundam jerked forward. The suit had rammed it on the back.
Quatre turned Sandrock around to face the enemy, but the suit charged forward again, this time, gun pointed.
Quatre quickly shot Sandrock backwards and out of the suit's way. The suit kept after him. Quatre looked behind him and into the direction of which they were heading. There were too many asteroids to keep this up. Like the one they were coming up to. Quatre went feet from the surface, and then pulled up. The suit was at his feet and gaining. Quatre made a quick decision and rammed the Gundam into the surface of the asteroid, bringing it to a sudden stop. The enemy suit dragged up a little, but then faced the Gundam. Whatever was piloting it had lightning fast reactions. Quatre made Sandrock reach forward and grab the suit, then push it away, spiraling towards another asteroid. But, the ship quickly gained control, while still having a moment of chaos. This gave Sandrock a chance to get away. He shot forward and out of the asteroid belt, heading towards Earth.
" Well, I guess we'll just have to make it up as we go along."
Suddenly, the enemy suit dropped down, not moving anymore. The eyes stopped glowing and it started to float.
" Huh?" Quatre turned around and cautiously went up to the seemingly dead suit. He flew around it, checking it over, and then nudged the small thing with Sandrock's fist.
" It's...dead..." Quatre blinked.
He suited up and prepared to tie up the suit. He jumped out of the Gundam, carrying a tether connected to Sandrock. He floated over to the other suit and looked it over when he got his footing. It didn't seem to have an opening for the inside; maybe there wasn't a pilot.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Quatre, the gravitational pull of the asteroid belt was dragging them back in. Once in the parameter of the belt, the suit powered up again.
Quatre looked down into the glowing eyes of the machine.
" Oh shit!" Quatre said as he finished the attachment of the tether and scrambled to get off the suit. He grabbed the tether and started to climb towards Sandrock. Then, the suit grabbed the tether, making it rock and Quatre almost fall off. He momentarily let go, but quickly grabbed the tether and made it to his Gundam. Once inside, he quickly boosted Sandrock backwards again, tugging the suit with it. Once out of the belt again, it powered down.
" Damn. It must be powered by the main ship's computer. This'll make things much easier." Quatre said and went full speed toward Earth.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


" Thanks a bunch for allowing us to work from here, Jack." Haruki said, bouncing Sakura on her right hip.
" Yeah, now I have more room to test out Aurora." Akira said, looking over the land.
They brought the equipment and Gundam Aurora over to the yard that Haruki had gone to the day before.
" Man, look at this place! This has more parts than I could ever fathom showing up on L2!" Hilde gawked at the junkyard.
"..." Jade made cautious looks toward Jack, arms crossed. ' Something's not right here. He looks so familiar. I must investigate further.' Jade thought to herself, then relaxed her, walked past Jack and went to check the place out.
Jack watched as she walked past, giving him a glancing glare. He smirked at her.

" Akira, are you, Hilde and Jade gonna stay here while I go back home and make calls?" Haruki asked.
" Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll be wanting to stay." Akira smiled
" What? You're leaving?" Jack asked, a bit concerned.
" Well, I have to come back, but I have to hand my baby over to some people until this is over. You know, just to be safe." Haruki said, heading out.
" Oh, yes, of course. So, you'll come back tomorrow?" Jack asked
" Well, I couldn't leave you with these ladies for more than twenty-four hours. They're torture on the head." Haruki said and waved bye before jumping into the truck.
" Hey! I heard that!" Akira shouted, before Haruki drove off.
" Smelly woman, thinks she's so good just because she's older and superior and is married and has a baby..." Akira grumbled as she walked back to the hangar that she loaded Aurora in to.
Jack watched her walk away and monitored the area. Hilde was scavenging through piles of parts. Akira was heading towards the hangar to get Aurora ready. Jade was walking through the whole yard and was carefully examining everything. She had an odd, suspicious look on her face.
" She's gonna be a pain in the neck..." Gold sighed and went to the hangar.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Haruki got home, she put Sakura up for a nap and went into the kitchen. She picked up the phone and proceeded to dial Relena's cell number.
" Hello?" Relena answered on the other end.
" Hey, It's Haruki, I just wanted you to know that we got there safely with the equipment and Gundam Aurora. I can e-mail you the details."
" That's good."
" I was wondering, when are you going to make the announcement?"
" First thing tomorrow, unless you would wish otherwise."
" ...no, the sooner we get help, the better. Are you gonna send anyone over to Mars?"
" No, it's too dangerous at this point."
" Yeah, well, see ya on the news."
" Later."
" Bye." Haruki hung up the phone, then went and turned on the television to watch the news.
"-they're estimated to be around the asteroid belt, but it isn't certain, because they went out of range from the colonies late last night. So, their progress so far is uncertain... Wait, this just in!" The reporter looked over a paper.
" Huh?" Haruki leaned forward and wrenched her shirt in her hands. " Please, no bad news, no bad news..."
" A Gundam has been spotted near L5 heading towards Earth carrying a suit with, presumably an enemy ship." The reporter grabbed another paper. " It is Gundam Sandrock, it has been hailed and is said to be wanting to land on Earth. There is no word on where the other four Gundams are."
" Quatre... Why are you coming back?" Haruki started to cry " Please say everything's okay..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ah, something familiar..." Quatre looked around the colonies and Earth.
He stopped Sandrock to think of a plan to enter the atmosphere without damaging the suit.
Quatre found the spot where he could reach the hangar from easiest and started to head to the atmosphere. When it started to get rough, Quatre made Sandrock guard the enemy suit with his body. The rough atmosphere tore away parts of the exterior from Sandrock. It was also pretty hard on Quatre.
When he got through, Sandrock was highly damaged, but able to make it back to the hangar. Now, the other suit started to fall and strain on Sandrock as result of the gravity. Quatre made his way to the hangar, dragging the suit behind.

He saw Haruki standing outside in the rain as he carefully set down the other suit, untied the tether, and then landed Sandrock.
He jumped out after powering down Sandrock.
Haruki ran over to him and hugged him tightly.
" Quatre! Is everything alright!?" She looked at him in the eye.
" Uh, Haruki..." Quatre wasn't quite sure what to tell. Nothing was alright, but nobody was dead.
" Quatre... What happened!?" Haruki started crying.
" Last I saw, everybody was okay, but there were too many of these suits..." Quatre pointed to the suit he dragged in. "... and they wouldn't allow us to get closer to the main ship, but all the others headed in to get to it. They sent me back to have the enemy suit analyzed. I also have some important info for you."
" Oh, Quatre, thank god!" Haruki hugged him tightly, rain pouring " But, I also have some bad news..."
Haruki told him about what was going on currently on Earth.
" How are we going to tell the others?" Quatre asked.
" I'm not sure..." Haruki looked to the left, then back at Quatre. " I guess we'll have to send someone to tell them."
" I can go back, but I need Sandrock fixed up first and maybe find an easier way to kill those things in larger numbers." Quatre gestured to the suits.
" Hm. I can use a new metal that Jade gave me..." Haruki walked up to Sandrock and examined him. " Yeah, I can put up a new set of armor, I can do it with Aurora too..."
" That would help a lot." Quatre said, looking his Gundam over.
" But... I'd feel better if you kept him here... Just so we could have some space between the Gundams in case something happens..." Haruki looked at Quatre.
" Okay. How are the others?" Quatre asked.
" Oh, they're fine. They're at the junkyard. I'm gonna head back over there tomorrow after someone comes and picks up Sakura." Haruki said as they both went to the house.
" You're sending her away?" Quatre asked.
" Yes, I don't want her to be portrayed as a freak if the world finds out about my abilities." They walked into the house. " I'll have to call Relena and Akira, you should go get something to drink and eat." Haruki winked and picked up the phone, but before she could dial, it rang.
" Hello?...yes, he's here...I was just about to call you...Yeah, yeah, they're fine for now...He'll go back out and tell them... I'm not quite sure, yet, I'm gonna equip Quatre and Akira with the new metal... yeah, I'll talk to you tomorrow...bye..." Haruki hung up the phone and leaned against the wall.
She sighed and wrung out her drenched hair. It was going to be a long war...



Author's notes: Sorry this one was so short, but I'm doing this by days. I'm gonna start doing weeks for each chapter next, I think... I dunno, I'll think about it. But, please, review, I do enjoy reviews of all types. Either if it's praise for my wonderful, twisting plot, or flames for putting in original characters! Just pretty, pretty please review!

~Supurrkitty >^.~<