Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Warriors ❯ look at all the shiny people ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mars Children
Part one:The warriors
Chapter One
Look at all the shiny people
Author: Supurrkitty

The year was A.C.201. The Earth and Colonies had lived in peace for over five years. Colonization of space has further commenced with the growing population. Shortage of materials led them to Mars to farm them. Harsh conditions and unknown bacteria caused the workers at Mars base to get sick and most died. The few that survived the sickness built immunities. There weren't enough people left to farm the large amount of materials needed for the colonies. So, with the help of a famous Genetic scientist named Professor Sheiling, they decided to clone the adapted humans into "Super humans", which are stronger, smarter, and have faster reactions than normal humans. The name for these experiments is called Project "RedDust". In order for them to grow up in the conditions that caused so many deaths, cloning took place on Mars. This earned the clones their name: Mars children.

On Earth the cloning hasn't taken any physical effect on the people. Yet, opinions and Morals on cloning have caused issues for the people of Earth. Perhaps one place where you could find almost every opinion is one of the Winner family mansions. Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Quatre Raberbra Winner, Trowa Barton, and Chang Wufei, former Gundam pilots from the recent war between Earth and the colonies, could be found living there. Also living in the mansion was Duo's wife, Haruki Maxwell, their nine month old daughter, Sakura Maxwell, and Akira Masaki. Akira left her home in Japan when she was fourteen and stay with Duo and Haruki in America to go to High school.
It was the end of a short winter day in the year A.C. 205 and the guys were talking in the front room. Haruki finally got the nerve to put an apron on and cook. And Sakura was taking a nap in the nursery. But, it wasn't long before screaming could be heard from that direction. Haruki popped her head out from the kitchen with the apron on. Haruki was a semi-short, tan-skinned woman. She had really long, brown hair and lavender blue, cat-like eyes. She was cute for her age.
" Duo, could you please tend to Sakura" She said, spatula in hand.
" But Haruki, we're talki..." Duo began but Haruki didn't wait for him to finish.
" So?! I'm in here cooking! Besides, you need to spend time with your daughter! You've been doin' nothing but sitting on your butt all day! Oh yeah, and when are you gonna get a job?! You don't expect us to live off of Quatre forever..." Haruki continued going on and on as Duo just sat, taking his punishment for talking back. Quatre chuckled under his breath and Duo spun his head toward him.
" What're you laughing at Blondie?"
Haruki pulled his braid until he stood up. She pointed toward the nursery and glared hard at him. He started walking and Haruki let go of his braid. She watched as he walked away, arms crossed and murmuring something. Duo was taller than Haruki, but stood no chance against her, be it an argument or a fight. He had long, braided, brown hair and Cobalt Blue eyes. When he was out of sight Haruki fell back in Duo's spot. Quatre looked at her.
" Parenting harder than you thought?" He asked, smiling. Haruki sighed.
" Only with him. It's like having two children" She said, resting her head on her fist.
Suddenly, popping and splatting noises came from the kitchen
" Uh-oh" Haruki said, bounding for the kitchen. She flipped open the door to see the pan ruined and it's contents spread all over.
" Dammit!" She exclaimed " Now it's ruined!"
She took the pan and threw it in the trash. She did a quick wipe down and went back into the front room.
" Well, we're ordering pizza" She said picking up the cordless phone.
"Woo-hoo" was heard from the nursery.
" Shut up!" Haruki yelled to him.
" Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!" Duo yelled back
" I wouldn't have if somebody hadn't shove me off of it at two in the morning..."
" It's not my fault you toss and turn at night just thinking about me!"
" Hey, do you want dinner or not?!"
"..."
" Better" Haruki dialed the number and put the phone to her ear.
Duo came out of the nursery with Sakura in his arms.
" Make sure you get anchovies" Duo said.
Haruki made a disgusted face but ordered it anyway. Duo smiled and walked back to the couch where he was sitting before. He sat down and put Sakura on her feet. She struggled a bit but got her balance. Sakura had shoulder length dark red hair and True Blue eyes. Duo had dressed her in a cute little black suit with a little black leather jacket. She walked over to the couch where Heero and Trowa were sitting and climbed up. Heero was just about the same height as Duo. He had dark brown, short hair and Prussian Blue eyes. Trowa was much taller than the others. He too had brown hair, but had a large bang so pointy that he could poke out somebody's eyes. And he had dark green eyes.
Sakura looked at both of them and went over to Heero. Some how, she grabbed his gun from him and stared at it. She started Chewing the barrel and got her fingers close to the trigger. Duo jumped up, surprised. Heero pulled the gun away from her.
" Takes after her father." He said, cleaning the slobber off with his shirt.
" What's that supposed to mean?"
" Nothing."
" Whatever..."
Sakura giggled and jumped off the couch. She went over to the chair that Quatre was sitting at and climbed on his lap. Quatre was the smallest of the boys. He had Blonde hair and blue eyes.
"Why, hello there! What are you doing?" Quatre said, smiling at the little girl. Sakura smiled back and laughed. She reached into her jacket and pulled out an orange pen (sword of truth) and poked Quatre in the eye. Quatre rubbed his eye.
" She takes after her mother too" He said.
Haruki put her hand over the receiver. " How'd she get that, I've been lookin' for it..." She went back to ordering.
Sakura stumbled down and fell on her leg. She started to cry and got Wufei's attention. Wufei was a funny little Chinese guy. He had slick black hair tied in a small pony tail and black eyes.
" Weak Onnako" Wufei murmured
Sakura stopped crying and glared at Wufei. She got up and launched herself at his leg, biting it.
Wufei let out a loud yell.
" Why the hell does this thing have fangs?!" He got up and tried to shake her off, but she bit harder. Wufei started running around, trying to get Sakura off his leg. Then, he ran out of the room.
Just then, a pink limo pulled up in front of the mansion. Quatre got up and opened the door and Relena Peacecraft(Darlian), former Queen of the world and the current Vice foreign minister, walked into the room, grumbling. Haruki hung up the phone and wrote down the price.
" Bad day, Relena?" Haruki said. Relena took off her jacket and put down her purse.
" If I hear one more word about clones I'll...I'll...*sigh*... So, how is everyone doing?" Relena asked, finding a seat where Wufei was sitting. Releena was about the same height as Haruki. She had dirty blonde, almost light brown, hair and blue eyes.
" Oh, we're fine." Quatre said
" How's Sakura?" Relena asked.
Wufei's yells and curses were easily heard from the other room.
" She's fine." Haruki said, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.
" That's good."
" Want to stay for dinner? I just ordered pizza." Haruki suggested.
" No, thank you. I have to prepare for a seminar in the morning. I just came to say hello. I haven't seen you guys in a couple of days" Relena said and looked at her watch. " I should leave now if I want to get some sleep. Bye guys. Oh, and will you say hello to Akira for me?" Relena pulled on her jacket. Haruki went to open the door for her.
" Sure." Haruki responded.
" See ya Haruki"
" Bye"
Releena walked out and Haruki closed the door behind her. The limo took off.

Later after the pizza had been eaten and Sakura was pried from Wufei, Quatre, Duo, and Haruki were sitting in the front room talking.
" So, I heard Relena say something about clones. You know anything about that, Quatre?" Haruki asked
" Cloning has been going on for some time, but now they're being used to farm materials on Mars" Quatre said.
Then a yellow sports car pulled up in front of the mansion. Akira came through the door and closed it behind her. Akira was slightly taller than Haruki but not as tall as Duo. She had black, wavy hair and Emerald Green eyes.
" Hello, everyone." Akira said in a monotone voice
" Hello Akira, how was your date?" Haruki smiled at her
Akira started to take off her jacket.
" He never showed up"
" I'm sorry to hear that" Haruki said with sympathy
" I'm okay. I'd feel sorry for him."
" What'd you do now?"
" I just sent him my best virus from my laptop."
Haruki rolled her eyes and Akira sat down next to her.
" You and your hacker ways."
They sat for a second then Akira brought up a familiar subject.
" So, what do you guys think about this new cloning stuff?" Akira asked
" Oh, we were just talking about that." Quatre said
" Yeah, he was just telling me about how they're being used on mars" Haruki said
" I think it's horrible how they're using them, it's like they're not even people" Quatre said
" And this is coming from someone with what, like, thirty test-tube sisters" Duo interrupted
" Twenty-nine" Quatre said
" Really?!" Haruki and Akira said at the same time.
" Yeah. You guys never knew that? Quatre didn't tell you?" Duo asked, looking at Quatre.
" It wasn't necessary." Quatre said plainly
" Why doesn't anybody ever tell me anything?" Haruki asked, but no one answered.
" If you must know, yes. My sisters were test-tube babies. My family started messing with the genetic engineering and such. They also funded other programs. Cloning was never intended for hard labor." Quatre said
" So, are you...?" Akira started to ask
" No. I found out after my father died that I wasn't a test-tube baby" Quatre said
Akira could tell that Quatre was starting to get uncomfortable with the subject.
Then, out of the corner of her eye, Akira could see a little red-headed child walking parallel to the wall.
" Hello Sakura!" Akira said. Sakura turned her head to see Akira and her parents. She hid under a nearby coffee table.
" Sakura shouldn't be awake." Haruki said
" She's under there" Akira gestured to a coffee table behind Haruki. Haruki quickly turned around and Sakura jumped.
" How did you get out of your crib?" Haruki got out of her seat and Sakura started to run towards the staircase. She started to climb them fast, then fell down a couple. She sat for a minute then floated a couple of inches above the ground and flew up the stairs.
" I never should have taught her so early..." Haruki mumbled climbing the stairs after her.
" Will you ever get use to that?" Quatre asked Duo.
" I got used to it with Haruki. It makes things interesting." Duo said " I better go help."
Duo went up after Haruki. Then Akira and Quatre were the only ones left sitting in the front room.
" I'm sorry about your father" Akira said
" It was during the Mobile wars. That was ten years ago. Time sure flies. What's your family like back at your home?" Quatre asked
" My father is the shrine keeper. He always wanted me to take over for him, ever since my big sister came to work here in America. I haven't seen her since I was twelve. I wonder what she's doing... Anyway, My mother is a very nice, very strong woman. She really holds her own and some more. My little brother must be about seven years old now, he'll probably take over the shrine. So, I'd say I have a pretty nice family, I should probably visit them more often. Do you ever wonder where all your sisters are?"
" Yeah, sometimes. But I try not to think about it too much."
" Sorry"
" That's okay."
" You know, there's so much that I don't know about all you guys that you know. I feel like I'm intruding on something. Like I don't belong here... But the weird thing is, even in my family, I feel that way all the time. It frightens me especially with my ta... I'm sorry, I'm rambling about myself. I must be boring you." Akira scratched her head.
" No, not at all. What were you gonna say?"
" Never mind."
" What?"
" Oh, it's nothing, really." Akira got in her purse and pulled out her Ocarina. " Wanna play some?"
" Sure, I'll get my violin." Quatre got up and went into his room.
Akira fingered the instrument and reminisced about where the rest of her family was then.
Quatre came back in with his violin case. He set it down and took out the violin.
" I've had a long day" Akira said " Let's play something nice"
They both sat and tuned their instruments. Then after Quatre counted them off, they started to play a beautiful serenade. They made it up by listening to each other and off the top of their heads. They played for a couple of minutes then finished. Akira closed her eyes and absorbed the music.
" That was wonderful" Akira said " We've got to start writing these down"
" Yeah" Quatre said, putting up his violin.
Just then a screaming Sakura materialized in front of Akira's face. Then disappeared and Haruki Materialized in front of her face, knocking her back on the couch.
" Sorry, Akira" Haruki said " Get your little butt back here, Sakura!"
And continued to chase her around the house.
" Only in this house..." Quatre said offering a hand to help Akira up.
Akira took Quatre's hand and he helped her up.
" Yeah, it's nice to have different friends. Love'em all!"
They both looked at each other and laughed.