Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Warriors ❯ Duty Calls ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mars Children
part one: The Warriors
Chapter four
Duty calls
Author: Supurrkitty

Disclaimer:I do not own any gundam wing characters that I didn't make up myself, and I think you all know who they are by now.




Two guards walked through a hall at the mars base, chatting.
" Don't you find it a little wierd that all of a sudden our orders were switched around" The taller man asked.
" Yeah, and the other day there was this really weak clone that was sick and wouldn't work. So I asked the boss if we should kill it and he said no. You know what's even wierder though?"
" What?"
" He healed it!"
"Wow!"
The guards continued to chat as they walked past the main lab, where, inside, Ice was hard at work trying to switch things around.
Ice searched through files on the main computer.
" If there were so many strong metals in the soil, then why did we only farm the weakest ones? I'll have to change that too. Now to higher the level of clones. I don't want to make more clones, but I suppose it would raise more suspision if I quit cloning all together. Besides, How else can I get this thing started?" Ice thought to himself.
Then another thought came to his head, that clone who ran off before his reign, who was that?
He used the computer to do a search of the clones still in the base. The computer came back with the results of one missing clone, number 0013243. It was older than him. He brought up the profile. There was a picture of a ten year old little girl, with short, green hair, blue eyes and light skin. She was smiling in the picture, but she was also flipping off the camera.
" I-I remember that! It's Jade!" Ice exclaimed. " She's the one who left."
Jade was the name that Ice had given her. It wasn't just because of the hair either. Ice knew all that there were different colors of Jade. He called her that because of how she acted towards him. She would protect him from the older clones when he was younger. She was very strong but graceful and kind towards him. She would yell and shoot bad words off to people she didn't like or the guards. But she never did such things to him. She was like a big sister, he supossed. He didn't know, the only reason he figured that was from teacher. He would find out some day though.
" But why? Why would the goddess of protection leave me? I still need her. Especially now that I have started the revolution." Ice spoke to himself.
" Goddess of protection?" A voice came from behind him and he swung his head around. A clone merged from the shadows. He had blonde hair and maroon colored eyes.
" What are you doing here, Alex!?" Ice asked. Alex was short for Alexanderite. Ice named him for the color of his eyes. Which was what he named most of the clones after.
" Well, I came to destroy the lead scientist, why are you here?" He asked.
" Well, I CAME to be destroyed. But I ended up accidentally desroying him." Ice said, with his head down.
" Y-you killed him! Great job, but now what? You've talked to all of us so much about freedom, so where do we go from here?" Alex asked.
" Great job!?" Ice shouted " We're supposed to be fighting against death!"
" Did you expect to negotiate with the damned bastard! H-e k-i-l-l-s c-l-o-n-e-s! He doesn't want to talk, he wants to kill!" He explained " Besides, you didn't mean to, did you?"
" Well, no, but still..."
" So we have it settled. Now we should try to build up our forces!" Alex said
" We?"
" By the sound of things, you won't know how to do this right. Ya need a partner"
Ice just sighed as he ordered to speed up the cloning.
" Oh and what were you talking about? Goddess of protection?" Alex asked, watching Ice type.
" Jade was the one who stole the ship and left." Ice explained.
" No way! That was her? Damn man, it's a good thing she can take care of herself. I hope she isn't caught." He said
" Yeah, me too." Ice said and kept typing.




Haruki blinked her eyes open as the sun shined on her face. Her grip on the pillow tightened as she yawned. She used her hands to push herself up off her stomach and looked out the window, as if to smile at the snow falling on the window seal. Haruki looked at the empty spot next to her on the bed. * Duo is never up before me* Haruki thought, but then remembered about the mission today. * He wouldn't leave without telling me, would he* She thought and her eyes started to water. *Of course not, don't think that, he knows how you feel about him leaving* Haruki reasurred herself and got up to get dressed. She dug out a long sleaved, button up, blue blouse and black pants. She slipped them on and headed down stairs. She buttoned the top button as she jumped down the last couple of steps. She went into the front room and saw Quatre.
" Good morning, Quatre!" Haruki said.
" Good morning, Haruki, uh, have you se..." Quatre was interupted by Sakura's cries.
Haruki turned her head to the nursery and back to Quatre.
" Sorry, duty calls." Haruki said and went into the nursery.
Quatre watched her leave, then continued to look. Soon, Akira ran up to Quatre.
" There you are!" He said as Akira caught her breath.
" I could say the same thing." Akira said, anxiously " Where's my sister and Trowa? I don't think they ever came back last night."
" We should probably go look for them." Quatre said
" I know, you got a small car we can use?"
" Of course."
" Great, let's go. Who knows what trouble she's getting herself into."


At the hotel...

Umeko rolled herself onto her back and held her head.
" Owchie" She said.
She flipped the blanket off and sat up, suddenly getting dizzy.
" Damn!" She said out-loud.
She looked at the bed next to hers and saw Trowa sprawled accross his bed quite sloppy, and snoring loudly. He also had a "Tea" bottle in his sleeping hands.
Umeko leaned forward and took the bottle. She examined it, then shook the bottle to hear nothing.
" Huh? It's still full!" Umeko said to herself.
Then, Trowa shot up and tossed Umeko's hands behind her back, holding her in place.
" Jesus Christ!" Umeko said, suprised at the sudden attack.
" Ah-hah! You thought you'd get me, ey?" Trowa smiled.
" You got me all wrong Trowa. I know what you're thinking." Umeko said, frowning.
" So, why did you try to get me to drink that stuff?"
" I just thought you should loosen up... But not THAT much. Besides, if I wanted to, I would have."
" So you don't..."
" Why ruin this relationship early, like the others. You... You're different than the others that I've dated. My attraction to you is more than just physical."
" Who says we have a relationship?"
" Who says we don't?"
Trowa gulped as he looked into her golden eyes. He let go of her wrists.


" So, Quatre, what did you want to ask me?" Akira asked, driving the car.
" I just wanted to say sorry for making you sick from cooking." Quatre said.
" I'm fine now, besides, I think it was from the mixture of Wufei's soy sauce and Heero's Wasabi." Akira said and they both laughed.
Then, Akira caught a glimpse of Trowa's bike.
" Look, there's his bike." Akira said and pulled over. They both got out and checked the bike over.
" It's not even warm, they must have left it last night" Akira said
" It would appear so" Quatre said
" It must have broken down. Well, now what? You up to looking for foot prints?"
" Well, where else would they have gone other than heading back to the house. Let's start back and see if we can find them." Quatre suggested.
Akira started to chuckle then laughed out loud.
" What!? Is it a bad suggestion or something?" Quatre asked.
" No. It's not you..." Akira said and continued to laugh. Quatre just looked at her very confused.



" What do you mean by that?" Trowa asked.
Umeko smiled at him.
" You did drink some sake last night, didn't you?"
" What makes you say that?"
" You called me good looking and sexy."
" that's what you wanted to be called, was it not?"
Umeko frowned at him.
" Well, I did ask to be called sexy, but not good-lookin'"
" It was my choice to call you good-looking, cause you are."
" You really think so?" She asked with a gleam in her eyes.
Trowa looked at her, uncomfortably.
" Well, aren't you used to it by now?"
Umeko smiled, widely.
" You are sooooooo sweet, Trowa-chan!" Umeko shrieked and wrapped her arms around him.
Trowa jumped back in suprised and looked down at Umeko.
" Eh... Um..."
" Oh yeah, sorry, the space thing." Umeko said and let go. Trowa looked at her, she looked a little upset.
" I don't mind it too much. In fact it feels good to be hugged." Trowa said and hugged Umeko.
Umeko smiled, pleasantly.
" Yeah, it does." Umeko said" But we better get going."
" I do have to go to that mission, too."
" Let's go then." Umeko said and they both grabbed their jackets to leave.




Back at the house...

Haruki had Sakura in her high-chair and was feeding her. Luckily, today Sakura had no complaints. All the others, besides Akira, Trowa, and Quatre, were out in the hangar prepairing the Gundams for the mission. Then, Haruki heard the doorbell ring. She took Sakura out of the chair and went to get it. She opened the door and let Relena in.
" Good morning Haruki, just came to say goodbye before they leave."
" I thought you and the girls weren't supposed to be here till' ten." Haruki said, looking at her watch.
" Well, I have to give them some information before they leave." Relena said
" Okay then. They're all in the Hangar down the way. I'm just going to go clean up Sakura if you'd like to head that way, I'll meet you there in a few minutes."
" Alright, I'll go that way." Relena said and left.
Haruki smiled then looked down at Sakura.
" Ya hear that? We're gonna go see the gundams, yeah." Haruki walked to the other room.



Akira continued to drive until she saw two figures, one wearing a black trenchcoat and one wearing a leather jacket, walking down the street. Akira pulled up behind them and got out. The peoples' heads turned around quickly. Sure enough, it was Trowa and Umeko.
" Oh hi, Akira, Quatre." Umeko greeted.
Akira glared at them.
" Don't you "oh, hi" me!" Akira said " Get in the car!"
" Sheesh!" Umeko said as her and Trowa got in the car.
Once they started to drive again, Akira said nothing.
Umeko got curious.
" Um, we really didn't do anything." Umeko said
" You didn't tell us where you were or where you were going and you didn't call!"
" First of all, I didn't have correct change, and second, I'm an Adult. Not to mention four years older than you!" Umeko said, with her arms crossed and frowning.
" Really?" Trowa asked " You don't look that much older than her"
Umeko smiled at him.
" Why thank you Trowa!" She said
" You're welcome" He said smiling back.(And shocking Akira and Quatre)
Akira rolled her eyes at them.
" God you two, get a room!" Akira said
" We did." Umeko said
Akira slammed on the breaks and pulled to the side of the road. Her and Quatre both poked their heads in the back seat and stared at them. Umeko was smiling widly and trowa was looking very uncomfortable.
" Wait, let me explain... we broke down, and uh... Umeko got tired... there was a hotel..." Trowa started
" A really skanky one too!" Umeko said cheerfully.
" No! I mean, it was the only one... and ...we..."
" We got a room together!" Umeko said again
" But, well... I only carry so many creds at a time!" Trowa blurted out.
" We ordered teeeeeaaaaa!" Umeko said again
" No! I mean... she did it." Trowa said
" Please tell me you didn't." Akira said.
Umeko's smile got wider and she started to chuckle.
" You...!?" Akira started
" No! We didn't!" Trowa said
Umeko started to laugh out loudly, making everyone form sweatdrops on their heads.
Akira slid back into her seat, fallowed by Quatre. She sighed and looked over at Quatre.
" Let's go, we don't want to have the others leave without us." She said and Quatre nodded in agreement. They took off, Umeko laughing all the while.
When they got back to the mansion, everyone was in the Hangar so they went to check up on them.
They were all checking through the Gundams and downloading the information that Relena gave them. Akira noticed that all the girls were allready there. Haruki came up to Akira and her company.
" I see you found them, I was starting to worry" Haruki said
Catherine stomped over.
" What did you do to my brother, Twit!?" She yelled at Umeko " You made us worry till we were sick"
" And I'm sure last night's dinner had nothing to do with it..." Akira murmered.
" Calm down Cathy, it wasn't her fault. The bike broke." Trowa tried to explain.
" Yeah, chill man." Umeko said.
Catherine glared at her and dragged Trowa off.
" Come on Trowa, we have to get Heavyarms ready."
" How does SHE know Trowa?" Umeko asked
" She's his sister." Akira explained
" Oh, okay. Well, I guess we got off to a bad start." Umeko said " Weren't you gonna show me your gundam?" Umeko asked.
" Oh yeah over here." Akira lead Umeko To a large mecha much like the others, except the colors and weaponry were different. It's colorations were Orange and purple. It had two swords for each hand and a beam cannon hanging on it's back. It's right arm opened up into a spear with a laser chain.
" Neato!" Umeko said as Akira hopped into the cockpit and opened up the information. " What can you do with this thing?" Umeko asked
" Slice, dice, make holes, blow things up. All the basics. I've only flown it around and practiced with the boys." Akira said, looking at the maps of the areas that they were going to search. She noticed that they needed to search the colonies. Which disturbed her. She opened up the com-link.
" Um, guys? About the colonies. How are we supposed to search the colonies, without making an uprise?" She asked
" Yeah, that is a good point. We'll probably need a ship to get in." Heero said
" But if we bring our Gundams in the ship, they'll know and start something." Quatre said.
" We'll need a sepperate person to take a ship into each of the colonies and bring back information. You guys know anyone?" Akira asked
" Well, I'm sure Sally could go." Quatre suggested
" I'm sure I could, but I'm not the best at Computer-hacking." Sally said
" I could, but I'd be flying my Gundam. Do we know anyone else?" Akira asked
" Well, I do know someone. But I haven't seen her in a while." Duo said
" Huh? Who?" Haruki asked
" Oh, yeah. Her." Heero said
" Who?" Akira asked, echoing Haruki.
" Her name's Hilde Shbeiker. I knew her during the Gundam wars. We worked together at the junk yard. She was also a very good hacker." Duo said." I haven't seen her in forever."
" And why am I just hearing about this now?" Haruki asked " I'm left out of everything"
" She'll do." Akira said. " But we better find her, and mail her, because we have to get going."
" I'll just search through my computer to find her." Heero said
Heero got to work and a couple of minutes later he reopened the com-link.
" Found her. She's still on L2. I mailed her and asked her to do it, then she'll meat us back here in a week. That is, if she complies" Heero said.
" Great. Now let's get going." Akira said.
Everyone gathered outside the gundams to say goodbye. Haruki hugged everyone, though wufei tried to stop her, she got in a quick hug. Heero looked at her funny, too. Then she went to hug Akira goodbye.
" You keep these boys in line, kay Akira?" Haruki asked
" I'll try my best but you know how boys can be." Akira said.
Everyone bid the pilots farewell, as Duo and Haruki said goodbye.
" Well, I guess you better go." Haruki said " I'll be very angry if you die, you know that?"
" Yes." Duo said " But I can't die I am the great Shinigami! I am the one who kills! Bwahahahaha..."
Haruki sighed, then hit Duo across the head.
" Don't start that again..." Haruki said " Just be careful, alright braided one?"
" Aww, but I like being the God of Death. Oh, well. I don't need to kill people on this mission anyway. I guess I'll be careful then"
" You better. You got a wife and child waiting for you."
" Yes I know" Duo said
Haruki smiled at him and hugged and kissed him goodbye.
" Have fun though, and do keep an eye on Akira. Make sure she doesn't get hurt."
" I will." Duo said. " I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself though. You should have seen her kick Heero's butt the other day!"
" Really? You'll need to tell me about that when you get back." Haruki said
" I was going easy on her!" Heero yelled
" Like hell you did!" Akira yelled back and they started to fight.
Duo and Haruki laughed.
" They're interesting together." Haruki said " But they don't seem right, I guess"
" Hmm. I guess. Well, we better get going. Luv ya!" He said hugging her and Sakura.
" Love you too!" Haruki said
" Woooo, dada woooooooo!" Sakura said
" What does that mean?" Duo asked
" I guess she's saying bye to her dada! Isn't that right Sakura?" Haruki asked the toddler.
Duo smiled and started to walk off.
" I'll see you in a week tops, k?" Duo said
" Goodbye Duo! Bye Daddy!" Haruki made Sakura wave as Duo jumped into his Gundam.
Everyone got into their gundams. Duo waved bye before shutting the cockpit.
Everyone waved bye as they started to take off.
" Bye Trowa-chan!!!!" Catherine and Umeko yelled at the same time.
" Bye Heeeeerrrrrrrooooooo! I'll be waiting for yooouuu!" Relena did the all too rememberable shriek.
Heero could barely hear it when they were in the air, but it was enough. Heero shuddered. Akira showed up on his screen.
" Hehe. Having girl problems there, perfect soldier?" Akira teased
" Omae o korosu..." Heero murmured and closed the link.
Akira blinked in confusion.
Then, Heero tossed his gundam to the side and slammed into Akira's. It stumbled to the side, but she got balance and went back into flying formation. She opened the link again.
" I guess that's better than usual. You're not scaring me as much."
" You guys must be talking about the other day, no?" Duo interupted
" Wh-what? You mean you..." Akira was shocked that he heard them.
" What are you guys talking about?" Quatre asked.
" It seems that Duo was spying on me and Akira in the training hall." Heero said.
" You're the one to complain about spying. You were the one listening in on the conversation me and Quatre were having!" Akira said
" What? He was? I'm not even safe in my own house." Quatre said
" Yeah, well I didn't just hear you. I saw you kick Heero's butt and all I can say is: You go girl!" Duo said
" Thank you Duo!" Akira said smiling widely
" So she got in a couple of hits, that's all!" Heero said.
" What!? Someone beat Yuy!?" Wufei asked
" Yeah and guess who" Duo asked " Akira."
" A woman! Well, I have to say I'm suprised. You must be pretty strong!" Wufei said.
" Wh-what!?" Duo yelled " You're complimenting a woman. That is quite a change!"
" Well, think about it. No one's ever beaten Heero before.Even I'm amazed" Wufei said.
" I can't even get a compliment out of him..." Duo pouted.
" Wow, Akira That's really cool!" Quatre said
" Thanks Quatre. But you guys should stop it, I don't want to rub it into Heero. That's why I didn't go off bragging in the first place." Akira said.
" I don't need your pity." Heero said
" Well, you're gettin' it anyways!" Akira spit out her tongue.
They all started to talk again.
Trowa sighed.
" This is gonna be a long ride." Trowa said as they went on.

Still sitting in front of the mansion, Haruki watched with the girls as the gundams flew out of sight. Sakura started to grow impatient at not being paid attention too. Haruki looked at the little baby and pointed to the sky.
" See, that's daddy. He's gonna be gone for a little while, but he'll be back. Don't worry." Haruki said.
Sakura looked to the sky and saw the mecha dissapear.
" Come on Haruki. Why don't you pack and we'll get moving." Relena said
" Okay." Haruki said and started to walk back towards the Mansion.
Sakura squirmed out of Haruki's hold and flew up in the air, still searching the skies for the Mecha. Sakura started to fly to the part of the sky that the gundams disapeared at. Haruki flew up after her and kept her from flying anymore. Sakura struggled and screamed. It ended when Sakura bit Haruki and Haruki bit back. Sakura stared at Haruki shocked. Haruki stared back, then landed.
" You aren't gonna leave me too." She said and went back into the house.
Haruki packed her stuff up and they took Relena's limo to her mansion, about twenty miles away. When they got there, rooms were allready there for them. The girls had their own rooms and a nursery next to Haruki's.
Sakura cried all the way there and fell asleep when they arrived.
Relena, Haruki, Dorothy, Umeko, Catherine, and Sally sat on the ground in Relena's room.
" Well, I guess you guys will all be staying here as request from Akira. I know I'll enjoy the company." Relena said.
" Quatre's house is too big for Haruki to stay in by herself anyway." Catherine said. Haruki and Catherine got along fine, though Haruki didn't agree with the Masaki-bashing(Umeko and Akira) Cathy recently started.
" Yeah, I guess you're right." Haruki said
" Aw don't sound so gloomy, We're here to have fun, and talk about the boys..." Dorothy said
" I agree with her, I have a lot to learn about you guys and the boys. Might as well start with the juicy stuff." Umeko said
" Well, I do have some pretty funny stuff." Haruki said
" Excellent!" Umeko said " Who else?"
" I'm sure we all have lots of things, let's take turns!" Relena said
" I'll go first, then." Haruki said " Hmm, where to start..."


" Do you dudes see sign of anything?" A very impatient Akira asked.
" Nope, nothing." Duo said
" Take a look at the map and find the main landways we need to search." Trowa said
" Got'em" Akira said
" Great. I'll take sector one, Akira will take sector two, Heero, sector three, Wufei, sector four, Quatre, sector five, and Duo, sector six." Trowa said
" Fine by me." Duo said and they all took off their seperate ways.
Heero headed towards sector three, but was interrupted by an incoming message. Heero opened the link to see a mid-twenties woman with her dark blue hair tied up in a ponytail that went down her back, Heero couldn't tell how long.
" Hey, long time no see, perfect soldier!" The woman said cheerfully.
" Hello Hilde." Heero said " So, are you gonna do it?" Heero asked
" Well, maybe. But I have a favor for you too."
" And what might that be?" Heero asked
" I wish to stay with you guys for a while, is that okay?"
" Why?"
" Well, I owe my rent and I'm a little low on dough."
" I'm sure Quatre would be fine with it."
" Speaking of witch, how are the other boys?"
" Their same as always. Trowa's as quite, Wufei's as chovanistic, Quatre's as, well... Quatreish, and Duo's still as annoying as hell."
" Figures. Well, I'll see you all later, then."
" Bye" Heero said and closed the link. He continued on to sector three.



Everyone was in awe as Haruki finished telling about when Duo proposed to her.
" That's so cute! Poor Duo." Relena said " OMG! I never thought I'd say that!"
" Wow. How romantic." Umeko and Catherine said at the same time, resting their chins on their hands.
Then, a loud rumbling noise was heard.
" What was that?" Relena said as all the girls were silent.
" He-he, that's my stomach, I'm kinda hungry." Haruki said. And all the other girls formed sweatdrops at their heads.
" Come to think of it, I'm hungry too. Let's go get some ice cream." Relena said and all the girls cheered.
" What about Sakura?" Haruki asked, gesturing toward the nursery.
" The hands can take care of her if she wakes up." Relena said.
"Well, I guess. Okay, let's go then!"


End of part one! So the Gundam pilots started their new mission. Who will they find? What will they find? Is this theif really the key to the problem? Will Hilde do her job correctly? Will the girls survive a week without their boys (Duh!)? Are Haruki's worries justifiable? And why are they all acting so wierd? Find out(or don't) in cpart two of my great fan-epic, Mars Children! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *cough*cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*gag*hahahahahahahaha
...
Aren't you gone, yet!?
Later
~Supurrkitty >^.~<