Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mars Children: The Warriors ❯ Something else ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Child's play
part one: The Warriors
Chapter three
Something else
Author: Supurrkitty

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the original Gundam cast. But I do have fun playing with them!


The soldiers struggled with the young clone as they attempted to drag him to the lab. They had gotten him into cuffs, but he continued to thrash around.
" Let go! I don't wanna go yet!" He yelled and kicked.
They finally got him into the lab, where he was strapped up and the professor soon came in.
" Hey professor, so this is what you do with all your clones. Pretty harsh. Those neurotoxins must put them through hell too." The clone calmly conversed
" Where have you heard such things, Clone?" The professor asked as he waved off the soldiers.
" My name is Ice." The clone said
" Silly boy, clone's don't have names. Just numbers." He said
" They deserve them. Besides, all the clone's I've met have names, I gave them names." The clone explained.
The professor laughed.
" You clones. When did you forget where you stand? You use to worship me," The professor said
" Maybe when we found out that you were slowly killing the week one's off. You made us too good, professor. More than you think." He said
" You shouldn't care, you're just Clones"
" We had friends that you killed. It may come as a shock to you, but we make friends. We have feelings. We do not wish for innocent people to die. Unlike you."
" Clones aren't people, in my book. You're objects to be used."
" You sicken me"
" Yes, but you won't care soon anyway."
The professor took out a needle and held it up. He went to the clone and came into reach. But the clone started to struggle. He was thrashing about, but couldn't get out. Then, the strap broke on Ice's leg and he kicked the professor, making him stumble. The professor fell on the needle and it jabbed into his leg. The professor sat up, stunned. He pulled the needle out of his leg, but by that time, it all had gone in.
" Oh no. I can't leave yet." The professor said almost pleadingly.
The clone managed to free the rest of his limbs and went to the professor, taking his radio.
" Look what you've done. You've killed another one. This one wasn't so innocent, though. Was it, professor?" The clone said calmly.
" You bastard! Help me, or something!" The professor yelled
" There is nothing I can do. And believe me, I'd do anything to stop another death, even yours."
" Then do something else."
" What?"
" Kill me" He said as he took out a gun and handed it to the clone.
" Why didn't you kill me with this earlier?"
" You remind me of someone"
"…"
" Don't just stand there and wait for me to suffer!"
" I will do this only because I do not want to be like you…"
" Do it!!"
" As you wish."
Ice took aim and shot.


" Injustice!!!" Wufei yelled with baby food dripping off his face.
Sakura shrieked with laughter as Wufei threatened her.
" If you weren't so damn cute, you'd be gone like that," Wufei snapped his fingers, leaning forward.
Haruki kicked his head back and took Sakura out of her high chair.
" Don't threaten my baby, Wu-man!! Wait a tic… did you call her…cute!?" Haruki asked, bewildered.
" What sort of person doesn't think a baby's cute?" Wufei said, crossing his arms.
" That's true. But you…cute… That's a word I'd never expect to hear from someone like you. Or like Heero here." Haruki said.
Akira and Heero both flinched and stayed silent, as they ate their cereal. Umeko walked in, fully dressed and rubbing her eyes.
" Morning all" She said as she sat and poured herself a bowl of Lucky Charms. Umeko looked around and saw Trowa gone.
" Where's Trowa?" She asked
" He went to fix his bike" Quatre said, eating his Cheerios.
" He has a bike?!" Umeko asked, surprised.
" Yeah. It's a real nice one, too" Haruki said
" Maybe I could go take a look at it. I thought about being a Mechanic once. I studied it a bit, too." Umeko said
" Umeko, what haven't you thought about being?" Akira asked
" Umm, an Oceanographer… Oh wait when I was six…Archeologist, no I thought about that, too…" Umeko went off.
" Forget I asked" Akira said, obviously feeling bad as affect from the night before.
" So, where were you two last night? " Duo asked Akira and Heero.
" Well, Akira got dru…" Heero started but was cut off by Akira's hand over his mouth
" We'll talk later" She whispered to him
" Oh, nothing really, just practicing" She told Duo
" I went and checked and you two weren't in the practice hall." Duo said
" W-we were…running laps." Akira said
" I checked the track an-."
" Around the city!" Akira said and Heero glared at her from behind her hand. Akira just shrugged at him.
" Ooookaaayy…" Duo went out of the room, because he was done eating.
Then Heero bit Akira's hand, making her shriek.
" Ouch…"
" I wish to speak with you." Heero said, dragging her out of the Kitchen. He took her to the training hall.
" Laps around the city?!" Heero yelled at her.
" It worked didn't it?" Akira asked
" Well, Duo is pretty easy to trick"
" And stupid, I don't know how Haruki puts up with him."
" I don't know why she hasn't killed him yet. Anyway, what was that about?" He asked
" I don't wish for any of the details of last night to escape from your mouth. Like my tail, or me getting Drunk, or…"
" Me calling you cute?"
" Exactly!" Akira said " Why'd you call me cute anyway?"
" Because you are." Heero said
" Really? I was expecting something more like " I called you cute to make you shut up; I really didn't mean it" or something else that a seemingly unfeeling man (or a jerk) would use as an excuse." Akira said
" Seems you've cut me short, Akira" Heero said
" okee-day, now you're just scaring me.."
" Eh…?"
" You're acting so out of character. You've always seemed to me like an un-feeling marionette."
" I've been like that for a while, but not always. I use to feel. I think I still know how to. I could use some help, though." Heero said
" Are you…I…cause… I mean… What the hell is going on!?" Akira yelled, confused.
Heero just laughed and started to head out of the room. Halfway there, Umeko came through the door.
" I figured it out, Akira!" She yelled
Umeko stopped momentarily and eyed Heero up and down.
" Are spandex comfortable?" She asked but got no answer as Heero went out the door.
Umeko shrugged and smiled at her sister.
" What'd you figure out, Umeko?" Akira asked
" Oh yeah. The one thing that I never thought about being would be a secretary. Though I would have a computer all to myself… Oh great. Well I'll add that to my list then." Umeko said and walked off, followed by Akira. They went into the front room where Quatre, Duo, and Trowa were sitting and watching the television. They were just flipping through the channels when Umeko came and plopped down next to Trowa.
" So, you guys going to find some Saturday morning Cartoons?" Umeko said
" Ooh, I vote Digimon!" Quatre said
" Nah, let's watch Utena! It's really weird." Duo said
" Those are wuss shows, they could at least be funny. Let's watch Slayers!" Umeko said
" I'll have to agree with her," Trowa said, getting a smile from Umeko.
" Well, someone's choosing sides!" Duo said
" Shut up Duo." Trowa said and Umeko laughed at him.
" What?" Trowa asked her.
" You need to loosen up Trowa-kun." Umeko said
Trowa just slumped back in his seat, wondering why Umeko liked him so much, even though they just met.
" So, Trowa. They told me you had a bike." Umeko said
" Yeah. I tried to get it fixed this morning. I saw that you have a bike too. It's nice." Trowa said
" Yeah. It got me here. Do you mind if I take a look at your bike?" Umeko said
" Sure, when?"
" Right now is nice." She said
" Okay. It's in the garage. I'll take you to see it." Trowa said and they both got up and left.
" Woo-hoo! Now that those two are gone, I can change it to Utena!" Duo said
" No. Digimon." Quatre said.
Just then Haruki came by and took the remote away from them
" Yoink!" Haruki said and changed it to DragonballZ and started drooling over Trunks.

Out in the garage, Umeko was taking a look at Trowa's bike.
" Hmm, very nice. What's wrong with it?" She asked
" I dunno, but it use to only start after it's been setting for about an hour and just a few days ago it didn't start at all." Trowa said
Umeko started checking it over.
" How long have you had this bike?" Umeko asked
" Um, I'm not sure. Quite a long time, though." Trowa said
Umeko took off the motor cover and started looking inside of it.
" Lot's of things could be wrong with it. It could be overheating, it could have starter problems, or it could just be old. You never know." Umeko said, searching through the bike. " There's only one way to find out. Could you hand me a wrench?" Umeko asked
Trowa looked at her then went and got the tool tray. He brought it over to Umeko and handed her a wrench. Then they started to work on his bike together.
Back at the training hall…
Akira and Heero went in for their morning practices. Akira was trying to avoid Heero and do her own thing. But she caught herself staring at him several times. Then, Heero came over to her.
" Would you like to practice with me?" He asked her.
" Am I an obstacle?" Akira asked him " Or a stepping stool?"
" What?" Heero asked confused
" You called me an obstacle before, yet, you haven't tried to destroy me. Why?"
" Do you want me to destroy you?" He asked
" The question is: Do you want to destroy me?"
Heero just stood looking at her with his blue eyes.
" Do you?" She asked again
" I don't know." He said simply
" Well you better find out! You're scaring me, as well as everyone else in the house." Akira said
"…"
" Sigh You still wish to practice?" She asked and Heero nodded.
So they started to practice together.


Later at sunset, inside the house, they were watching the news.
" And on Mars today, a spaceship was stolen and is said to be carrying important materials, including Gundanium and Titanium alloy. No word on the theft or the ship's number yet, we will get back to you when that info is obtained." The television rang through the room.
Duo, Quatre, and Haruki, who was hanging off the back of the couch, watched in amazement,
" Uh-oh." Quatre said
" What's wrong?" Haruki asked
" Those materials are some of the toughest in the world." Quatre said
" If they get into the wrong hands, they could be used for some serious destruction." Duo finished
" Exactly" Quatre confirmed
" Can we do something?" Haruki asked
" We could find it and return it with our new Gundams and return it" Quatre said
" I don't know, what would that place need with Gundanium?" Duo asked
" That's where they farm it." Quatre said
" Oh, yeah." Duo said
Haruki and Quatre just rolled their eyes.
" That's also run by the company that uses it though." Quatre said
" That's weird. A company that makes clones to farm the materials and use the materials to make, what would they make with that stuff?" Haruki asked
" Well the company makes Colonies. They're working on the newest one right now. But I don't know why they'd need strong materials like Gundanium." Quatre said
Just then the doorbell rang. Haruki jumped up and got it, Relena walked into the room.
" Where is everyone else?" Relena asked
" I think Trowa and Umeko are in the garage." Haruki said
" Who's Umeko?" Relena asked
" Oh, that's Akira's sister." Haruki said
" Where are the others?"
" Heero and Akira are in the training hall, and I think Wufei's in the Hangar. Why?"
" I really have to talk to you guys." Relena said.

In the garage…
Umeko and Trowa have their heads stuck in the motorcycle. Umeko is adjusting something with a wrench.
" Hopefully, this will work." Umeko said wiping her forehead.
" Interesting. I never thought about that before." Trowa said
" Now, let's see if it works, go ahead and try to start it." Umeko said
Trowa got on the bike and tried to start it, but it didn't start. Umeko went to it and told him to try to start it while she was looking at it. He did and she located the problem. She adjusted some thing and told him to try and start it. It revved a little and smoke blew in Umeko's face, making her blink. She brought her face up and it was covered in a thin layer of black. Trowa laughed at her and she glared at him.
" That wasn't funny."
" Yes it was."
" Okay, maybe a little" She said and grabbed a towel to wipe off her face.
Then Duo came into the garage.
" Come on you guys. The "princess of peace" is here and wishes to speak with us." Duo said
" Huh?" Umeko looked questionably at Trowa.
" Her names Relena Peacecraft. Perhaps you've heard of her." Trowa said
" Who hasn't." Umeko said and fallowed Trowa and Duo to the house.
When they got there, all the others had been gathered. Umeko and Trowa walked in still covered in oil and Umeko still had some black on her face. Everyone stared at them as they came in.
" What happened to you two?" Wufei asked
Trowa and Umeko looked at themselves, then at each other and laughed.
" We were fixing my bike" Trowa said
" Yeah. I'm sure that's all you were doing." Duo said
" Oh bite off, Duo!" Trowa said
" Geez, no need to overreact, man. Unless you're hiding something." Duo said
" This place is a hoot! I love you guys already!" Umeko said, cheerfully.
" Right. I take it this is Umeko?" Relena asked Akira.
Akira was resting her head on her hand.
" Yeah. This is her." Akira said
" Anyway, did you guys see the news?" She asked
" Me, Quatre and Duo saw it." Haruki said
" Did you see the part about the stolen ship? I saw it in my limo and had to come by here."
" Yeah, we thought that was pretty weird." Duo said
" Well, for those who didn't watch, a ship was stolen today at the Mars base with some important materials. Their reasons for shipping those materials aren't known yet. Also, no one is able to track the ship. The stolen ship isn't what I care about, though. What I want to do is find this ship. I think the theft might be the key to something big. This thief might know the reason for the farming of these materials." Relena said, excitedly.
" What are you proposing?" Heero asked.
Relena leaned forward.
" I'm proposing that you guys find this ship and the pilot and find out." She said, smirking.
" So, you're saying that we have to gather our Gundams together and go find this ship?" Trowa asked
" Yep." Relena said
" Yay! I get to fly my new Gundam!" Akira yelled out.
" Oh yeah, I forgot you had a Gundam. What is it called?" Relena asked
" Oh, it's Gundam Aurora!" Akira said cheerfully
" Oh yeah. So will you guys do this special mission for me?" She asked pleadingly
" Yeah, Pwease…" Akira also pleaded
" I'm fine with that." Duo said
" Me too." Quatre said
" It'd be nice to fly our Gundams again," Trowa said
" Fine" Wufei said
" Mission accepted." Heero said
" It's settled then. You guys can leave tomorrow." Relena said, " Right now, I need to go. I'll see you in the morning. Oh yeah, and keep this quite. This isn't an official mission."
" No problem." Akira said, " I'll keep them quite"
" Good." Relena said and left the mansion.
" So you guys are leaving me?" Haruki asked
" You'll have Umeko here with you." Akira said
" Yeah, but… Are you guys gonna be alright?" Haruki asked
" It's not that dangerous of a mission, Haruki." Duo said
" I know, but just to make sure, I'm gonna take out all your self-destruct buttons." Haruki stated.
" And don't think she won't do it." Duo said " She's done crazy shit like that before, too."
" Yeah, but it was only for the best." Haruki said
" Did you really hafta though?" Duo asked sadly
Haruki nodded and everyone except for those two were very confused.
" Whatever." Umeko said " So what are you guys talking about. I thought they got rid of the Gundams years ago."
" That's good, that was what you were supposed to think." Quatre said
" What?" Umeko was even more puzzled
" They created more Gundams after they destroyed the old ones. I mean without any Gundams, we'd be screwed if an alien race or something came along, wanting to destroy us. I mean think about it, a pacifist nation without any self defense." Quatre explained
" You're right there." Umeko agreed " That would be pretty bad"
" This should be fun! I can't wait!" Akira said and got looks from everyone.
" I wish I could go." Haruki pouted
" When you learn to fly a Gundam, maybe." Duo said
" It can't be too hard" Haruki said and she too got looks from everyone.
"… So, who's cooking tonight?" Duo asked
" Can I?" Umeko asked " I read up on cooking before. I once wanted to be a cook"
" You still have to help me with my bike." Trowa said
" Oh yeah, sorry guys." Umeko said
" Who else cooks?" Haruki said, " I'm not even about to go near that apron again."
" I can make burnt grilled cheese sandwiches." Duo said
" Okay, he's out." Akira said
" Maybe we should just put those three in the kitchen and see what happens." Haruki said, gesturing to Heero, Quatre and Wufei.
" Sounds good to me" Umeko said
" And we can invite Relena, Dorothy, Cathy, and Sally over." Haruki said
Quatre waltzed up to Haruki and looked her in the eye.
" Uh-uhh, nope. There is no way in hell that cockroach-browed bitch is getting anywhere near my mansion."
Haruki's eyes widened.
" Quatre. You just cussed!" Haruki said, surprised.
" Who doesn't?" Quatre said
" You" Haruki said, plainly.
" You're right… This whole house seems to be out of order. Even Heero." Quatre said
" And this morning, Wu-man calling Sakura cute!!" Haruki shuddered at the idea.
" You will address me as Wufei, WUFEI!!!" He shouted for the umpteenth millionth time " And you will not invite any of those Onnas over."
" Fine." Haruki said.
" What?!" Wufei said in disbelief.
" I won't invite them over." She repeated
" You…actually…!" Then Wufei fainted not believing what he just heard. Haruki actually doing what he told her to.
Haruki walked over to Akira.
" You'll do it for me, won't you?" Haruki asked Akira
Akira smiled at her and nodded.
" Great. Now, let's get these guys into the kitchen." Haruki said
They shoved Quatre and Heero into the kitchen and Haruki dragged the still unconscious Wufei.
" And don't come out until you're done!" Akira yelled back.
The three men watched as the door was slammed. Heero opened one of the cupboards and got out a spatula.
" What's this?" He asked
Quatre smacked his own forehead. This was gonna be a looonnggg night.

" Well, I better get to work on Trowa's bike. See ya later." Umeko said and took off with Trowa.
" Why don't you go and call the other girls now." Haruki suggested to Akira.
" Sure. I'm on it." Akira said and headed for the phone.
Haruki looked around and noticed that Duo wasn't there anymore. She looked through the rooms to try and find him. She finally located him in the nursery, trying to calm a balling Sakura. Duo was rocking her back and forth, but it wasn't working. He noticed Haruki and looked at her, pleadingly. Haruki smiled at him and took Sakura. She slowly rocked her back and forth and sung to her. Duo recognized it as the tune that he heard her humming the day he proposed to her. He still didn't know it, though. He listened to his wife sing the words about dawn and the beginning of a new day. He listened intently as her strong voice came to a large crescendo. Her voice quivered slightly at the top. He heard her finish the song with the last lines. 'And as the sun shone upon you, remember: Just as the sun comes back, I will too.'
Haruki finished singing and Sakura's eyes drooped. Duo watched as she set the baby down in the crib. Haruki pulled her finger out of the small girl's grip. She stood in front of the crib and watched Sakura fall fast asleep. She smiled gently down at her. Her life was never the same since Sakura came into it. It changed much for the better. Duo came and stood next to her.
" How'd things turn out like this, Duo?" Haruki whispered
" Hn?"
Haruki took Duo out of the room.
" We don't want to wake her." She said, " Come on, let's go take a walk."
They both went outside in the garden. They stopped at a lit-up fountain where they sat.
Haruki started to giggle.
" What?" Duo asked her.
" He-he, I'm a mommy. That's so weird!" Haruki said
Duo started to laugh too.
" And I'm a daddy." Duo said
" I never saw myself here, seven years ago. I was too busy obsessing about my past." Haruki said
" I can relate." Duo said
" You were right. You were always right."
" Huh?" Duo asked
" You told me that fate would bring two people together. Fate finally brought me here, with you and Sakura."
" Aah yes, that."
" I use to question fate. It brought me nothing for so many years. Then it brought me you. But, there was a day that I use to hate fate. Hey it rhymed!"
" Heh! … Haruki, there's a reason you're my wife." Duo laughed at her.
" Are you saying that I'm like you, or something?" Haruki cocked a brow
" No, you're meaner." Duo said.
" Hey!" Haruki yelled and reached behind her and splashed Duo with some water. Duo countered with two hands full of water. Then Haruki pushed Duo into the fountain, but she went down with him. Haruki jumped up in the knee-deep water and tackled Duo. He threw her over his shoulder and marched her around the fountain, her pounding his back the whole time.
" Hey, let me down!!" Haruki shouted.
Duo finally let her down and smiled at her.
" that was sooo uncool…" Haruki said, looking up at Duo.
" That's my line." Duo said
" I know, braided one, I know." Haruki said, putting her arms around him.
Duo leaned down and they kissed.
A moment later they pulled away.
" Hmn,…he-he,… It's really cold!" Haruki said, rubbing her arms.
Duo smiled at her.
" Let's go get some towels." Duo said.
They started to walk to the mansion. Haruki started to shiver. Duo put out his arm and brought Haruki to his side. They both smiled at each other and went into the house.

Meanwhile in the kitchen…
Wufei woke up, finally and Quatre had put together a menu in his head. He assigned Heero to the vegetables and Wufei to the noodles, but Wufei could only cook rice, so he cooked rice. Meanwhile, Quatre would cook the chicken. It appeared to be going well, but the real test would come when the food was done.
And at the garage…
Umeko finally thought she had it figured out and did one last crank with the wrench.
" Okay, hopefully this will work." She said
Trowa got on the bike and tried. It worked!
Umeko cheered aloud.
" Let's take it for a test drive!" Umeko suggested
" Okay, I need the cover though." Trowa said
Umeko handed him the cover and he set it on. Then she climbed on the bike behind him and they took off.
They started heading for all the sites, even though it was dark, Umeko wanted to see.
And in the kitchen…
" Aah! Don't use a fork on a non-stick pan, Heero!" Quatre yelled (I can relate)
" You can afford it. You're rich." Heero said, continuing.
" Yeah. You're right!" Quatre said.
" Morons." Wufei said, emptying a whole bottle of soy sauce into his rice
Akira poked her head in with the phone to her ear.
" Could you keep it quite? I'm talking." Akira said and stuck her head back out.
" I hope she's not calling Them." Wufei said
" So, where were we?" Akira asked the person on the other end of the line.
" I believe you were inviting me over for dinner, because…" Sally's voice came through.
" Oh yes, because we threw Quatre, Heero, and Wufei into the kitchen and they're actually cooking!" Akira said
" Really?! I'll be right over."
" Thanks, bye!" Akira hung up the phone.
Then a ring came at the door. Akira opened it and Relena came in.
" So, my Hee-chan is cooking?" Relena asked
" Yep!" Akira said
" Yay! Wait… can he cook?" Relena asked
" I have no idea, but I guess we'll find out." Then another knock came at the door and Akira got it.
" So, little blondie is cooking." Dorothy came in " Didn't know he could"
" Sit down, Sally and Catherine should be here soon." Akira said

Trowa and Umeko were miles away, when they stopped at a stop sign. Suddenly, when they were going to take off, the bike shuddered and quit.
" Uh-oh" Umeko said " Try to turn it back on"
Trowa tried several times, but failed.
" Great, we're gonna have to walk home" Trowa said, getting off.
" What do we do with the bike?" Umeko asked
" Um, I guess we'll have to leave it here." Trowa said, pushing the bike to a nearby empty lot.
" We better get going, then. You have that mission tomorrow." Umeko said, walking down the road.
" Yeah, you're right." Trowa said, fallowing her.

Sally and Catherine had arrived shortly after Dorothy had. They were all waiting in the front room with Akira.
" So, if those three are cooking. Where's Trowa?" Cathy asked
" Last I saw him, he was with Umeko, fixing his bike." Akira said
" Who's Umeko?" Cathy asked
" You haven't met her have you? I'll have to introduce you. She's my sister." Akira said
" When did she get here?" Cathy asked
" Just yesterday. She seems to be fitting in well." Akira said.
" I suspect something…" Cathy started
" What?"
" Oh, nothing really. We should go get them before dinner."
" Yeah."

Duo was digging in a closet for some towels. He threw one to Haruki and she wrapped it around her shoulders. Duo got one and started to wipe the water off. He walked over to Haruki.
Haruki was shivering and her teeth were chattering when she looked up at him. She wasn't wearing her usual smile, in fact, she was almost crying.
" What's wrong?" Duo asked, concerned.
" I don't want you to leave." She spat out
" Haruki, it's a very small mission." Duo said
" I know, but I have a really bad feeling about this mission." Haruki protested
" Haruki, remember when you had to save your dimension. We both thought you weren't coming back, but I let you go anyway." Duo said
" It's not the same!" Haruki said
" It's safer. I'm not fighting or anything." Duo said
Haruki lowered her eyes and bit her lip.
" I swear, I will come back, unharmed. I promise."
" You better." Haruki said, looking back up at Duo.
Duo smiled at her and hugged her.
" Take this with you." Haruki said, handing Duo her black, hematite cross with the lavender stone.
" Thanks, you can take mine too." Duo said, taking off his wooden cross and gave it to her.
They both put the crosses on.
Haruki looked back up at Duo, holding his cross. Duo smiled at her and pulled her against him. Haruki hugged him back.
" Last mission, right?" Haruki said, pressed up to his chest.
" I swear that this is the last one, if I have anything to do with it." Duo said
" Do you love me?"
" Of course!"
" Then you'll stay with me forever?"
" I Promise."

In the living room…
Akira looked at her watch.
" Where the bloody hell are Umeko and Trowa!" Akira said to no one in particular.
" Why don't we just go get them and tell them that dinner is almost ready." Cathy said
" Okay" Akira said " But I told them to come back an hour ago! They should be more responsible!"

" >Yawn<" Umeko looked at her watch " I'm tired"
" It's not that late" Trowa said
" Well, I guess I'm used to the band's schedule. We wake up at like two o-clock and play till about ten. They all sleep more hours than when they're awake. I just go with the flow" Umeko said, swerving around the cracks in the sidewalk for entertainment. " It's pretty boring when no one's awake."
" Yeah, it would be pretty boring."
" Glad you agree" Umeko said, keeping her eyes on her feet. " So, do you like flying those big things?"
" I don't hate it…"
" You don't talk much, do you?"
" I don't have much to say"
" I guess that's a good reason. At least you don't talk too much like some people."
" Like you?"
" Yeah."
" Glad you agree"
" Ya see, that's another problem. Stealing other peoples phrases doesn't count."
" Oh, sorry."
Umeko looked at her watch again and sighed.
" It's a good thing that I'm the older sister."
" Why?"
" If I wasn't, then Akira would kill me for being gone."
" You and your sister are nice, but you two aren't that much alike"
Umeko stopped walking and looked at Trowa.
" What's wrong?" Trowa asked
" Akira's…different…"
" I know, she's the smartest and strongest woman that I've ever met."
" No. There's something else. Something that my Family has only told me, Akira doesn't even know."
" Eh?"
" I found out the first day I saw her:: Flashback sequence::
I was five years old. It was a spring day and I was chasing Dragonflies by my father's creek, but that's not important. My mother was coming back that day. She would be gone weeks at a time, because of her work. Anyway, my father came and got me. He said my mother was home and had a surprise. She always brought gifts back from the colonies, so I was excited. I saw my mother holding something in her arms. My mother showed me a little black-haired baby. I asked her if this was my new sister. She stood back up and looked at my father, questioning him. My father smiled at her then at me and nodded. Akira came from Colony L6.
" But, that was where the cloning started and that was all they did." Trowa said
Umeko lowered her head and nodded
" You mean…!"
" Akira is a Clone. My mother felt sorry for her because she was going to be destroyed, so she took her. My mother was a genetic engineer. She retired when she took Akira." Umeko explained
" Shit." Trowa said under his breath.
" I know, that's why we never told her. She would start asking questions. And if we told her now she'd be mad at us for not telling her before. That's part of the reason why I came. With all that Clone business going on one could come to Earth. If she came in contact with one she'd become suspicious. I came to protect her from the Truth. It's better that she's a normal woman."
" You can't keep it back forever. Those Clones are supposed to be very perceptive."
" Stop it!"
" What?"
" Stop talking about them like they're Aliens! They are made from human DNA just more advanced! Akira's just like any one else, but special. I love her as my sister, not as a lower life form or a machine. I'm sorry, it's just, the whole Mars thing. They're being treated like animals. Akira is living proof that they are just like humans and they can fit in fine. I mean if they can hide their tails like Akira can." Umeko giggled a bit.
" Tail?!"
" Yeah, you never would have guessed, would ya."
" I didn't even know the clones had tails."
" Uh-huh, we figured that it's for balance. But I'm still not exactly sure where she hides it…"
(Two words: Hammer Space)
Umeko and Trowa laughed a bit.
" That's better." Trowa said
" What?"
" It's better that you're happy again. It's nice to be around cheerful people."
" I'm sure it's nice to see other people smiling. Speaking of which, you'd get a lot more chicks if you'd smile once in a while."
" My sister says that all the time, without the chick part though."
" You got a sister?"
" Yeah, her name's Catherine."
" Well, I look forward to meeting Catherine"
" She's the one who throws knifes at me in the circus."
" I'm sure she's nice any way."

" Dammit, Trowa! Where are you!?" Catherine's voice rang out through the garage. Her and the other girls were busy searching the garage for the two missing lion-lovers.
" The bike's gone. Maybe they took it for a test drive." Akira said, examining the room.
" You told them to come back within one amount of time. Why wouldn't they come back? She is your sister." Catherine said, still searching.
" She's my older sister. She won't obey any orders from me, even if I am much stronger and smarter than her." Akira explained
" Maybe you're right. They probably did go for a test ride." Catherine said.
" So you shouldn't worry." Akira said
" I'm not worried! It's not like he's going on another mission or anything!" Catherine said.
Both Relena and Akira flinched at the same time and laughed, nervously.
" What?" Cathy asked
" Well, the thing is…" Relena began.
" We have this one little mission tomorrow." Akira finished
" What!? Why didn't anybody tell me!?" Catherine shrieked.
" We were gonna let Trowa tell you, so we wouldn't have to. You would've taken it easier." Akira said.
" You know what? I don't like you. This is your fault." Catherine said
Akira looked at Cathy, then at Relena questioningly. Relena just shrugged.
" What did I do? It's not my fault that we have a mission!" Akira protested
" So you are going too?" Catherine asked
" Yeah. I have a Gundam too." Akira said
" Well if anything happens to Trowa on this mission, Hell is going to be raised and I will dislike you even more." Catherine said, walking out.
" Why doesn't she like me?" Akira whined

In the kitchen…
They had finally finished and now it was judgment time!
Akira looked over the food that was set on the table. The other girls looked questionably
at it, too.
" Well, aren't you gonna eat it? I mean, you did shove us in there to cook." Heero said
" Um, yeah" Akira said and started to dish out a plate.

Very sorry, bout this, but I don't think I'll finish this chapter. The rest is explained in the next chapter. Sorry!