Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Masquerade ❯ Chapter Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Fourteen

Sage slightly opened one eye to take in her surroundings and situation.

"Captain! Her brain waves are increasing. She must have regained consciousness!" Sage heard a door open and someone step inside. She lifted her head to the cruel, sneering face of Captain Drakely.

"Ah! So the captive is awake!" He sneered at her, flicking open a pocketknife and gently tipping her face up with the point under her chin. "Damned pretty thing, too. Too bad, too bad. You chose the wrong side, my dear."

Sage lunged and snarled at him. He ran the blade down her throat lightly, just barely making a mark.

"Don't play games with me, little girl." Sage sat back and looked at him through a cloud of hatred. I hope the disk smashed when I fell… The captain held up a disk.

"This was found on you when you fell."

Shit.

"None of our computers can decode it-I was hoping you could?" His smile was evil and his voice was dripping with false sweetness. Sage said nothing. She wasn't afraid. The captain flipped a necklace from under her shirt with his pocketknife. It was her lion pendant necklace, given to her by her parents on her 12th birthday.

"What would this be?" Sage's fists unclenched. The captain saw this and smiled to himself. "I see…" He sliced the cord holding the pendant in two pieces. Sage let out a hoarse cry, leaning forward.

"Don't!" She breathed, hardly audible. The extra strength microphones picked it up and echoed it around the room.

"What was that? Do? I can arrange for this little trinket to be demolished before your very eyes, would you like that?" Sage's eyes widened and she slumped back hopelessly in her chair. "Oh-I neglected to tell you one more thing about your predicament. We extracted one piece of information from your disk." Sage's eyes shot upward. "The location of your base." She tensed and bit her lip.

"Are you going to decode it for us? Or should I send a little "present" to your buddies?" Sage said nothing once again.

"Going with the silent approach?" Sage said nothing.

The captain lost patience. He slashed across her right cheek with the knife, leaving a long and shallow gash along it. Sage cringed, but made no noise.

"Talk damn you!" Sage whimpered.

"I-I'll decode it. Just don't do anything to the base…" A plan was forming itself in her mind. The captain smiled and laughed.

"The weakest always crack first!" He untied Sage. She stood and took the disk from him, but carefully, as two soldiers behind her held her at gunpoint. She inserted it into the computer they showed her. Sage, trembling with fear, sat down. This disk contained the plans for rebuilding Epyon, as well as the coordinates of all the bases they held. Their battle plans were on there too. Sage shuddered and began work. She began to decode, taking a very long time to do one word.

"Just how long is this going to take?" The captain drummed his fingers on the dashboard.

"Ten hours at the most…"

"You have thirty minutes."

Sage looked up at him. "That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

The captain's finger hovered above the button that would launch the torpedo. Oblivious of danger, Sage launched herself at him. He pressed the button just as her fist descended into his face. Feeling the muzzles of two guns pressing at the back of her neck, She paused in a cold sweat. Suddenly, she ducked as they shot and ran out of the room, locking it behind her. Rummaging through her pockets, she found a self-detonator button.

"Oh Thank God!" She breathed, running into the hangar and climbing into Epyon. While she had been captured, the fuel tank had been repaired. She took off quickly, sliding the disk into a folder. She knew what she had to do.

"Target locked." Sage began to breathe heavily. She wouldn't come through this alive. The turbo boosters flicked on and groaned in protest as she pushed them to the max. "Come on Epi! We have to do this..." The boosters roared to life and shot her forwards, toward the torpedo.

She radioed the base.

"This is Nightshade! Urgent!"

"Sage?!?!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OUT IN BROAD DAYLIGHT?!?!?? WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE BASE I'LL-"

"Shut up and listen! There's a torpedo heading for the base…"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?"
"I said SHUT UP! I'm going to take care of it. Tell everyone I said goodbye…" Sage flicked off the Com. Here goes nothing… With these thoughts, Sage pressed the detonator button-the OZ base blew up behind her-and flew Epyon straight into the torpedo.