Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Memories ❯ Memories - Within Temptation ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(Duo/Heero) Duo's death isn't easy, and Heero takes it to heart, wishing for something he never gave. But Heero won't ever forget his beloved Shinigami, not even after death.... HeeroPOV

~Memories....~
The snow's falling, Duo. You loved to be in the snow, dancing around and asking me to dance with you. I never did dance with you, but I watched you. You liked to just plop down in the snow some days and you'd just enjoy the sno flling. I thought that was wasteful, honestly. Your covered in snow again, but it's freezing over and I have to wipe it off of you, clean and simple. I miss you and I wanted to tell you something.... if only I could find the words for it, the words to tell you what I've been meaning to tell you.
~In this world you tried / Not leaving me alone, behind / There's no other way / I pray to the Gods that you'd stay / The memories ease the pain inside / Now I know why~
I'm holding those red roses and that small crystal globe with the angel wings engraved on the inside that you loved and wanted so badly. The roses are temprary, until I come back next weekend. They're red, like blood, and you always got so sappy over them.... I never quite figured out why. Duo, it's still snowing.... do you want me to be drowned in snow? You were gone for so long after our argument and I regret that. You came back in a body bag after that small scuffle, and I wish I could have told you I was sorry, but you were gone, dead, no longer living.... I remember.
~All of my memories keep you here / Inside of the place, magically be here / All of my memories keep you here / Inside of this place of sanity~
"HEERO!" you used to call to me and I'd turn and face you with that cold face and you'd still smile at me and run to stand beside me, your braid flung out behind you. The day of the argument was no different. I didn't understand why I hurt you, I just understood that I wanted you to understand me. "Heero, I wanna show you something! I don't have money to buy it, but, I want to show you something!" You grabbed my arm and led me away to a pawn shop window. You turned me to the case of crystal orbs. Two of them were blue with red dye dropping in the middle to look like a sea of blue and a drop of blood, two others were black with white wings and the final two were pure crysals with angel wings wrapping around a body curled in the fetal position. The on closest to the window was a young man with long hair and it seemed to encase him in hair and feathers and you pointed right at it. "I like that one! It reminds me of you, Heero!""I don't care."
~Baby, I promise I've tried / To find my way back in this life / Hope there is a way / To give me a sign your okay / Reminds me again it's worth it all / So I can't go home~
I did care, but I lied and I saw your eyes break. "Heero!""I said I don't care.""Heero! I didn't say you had to buy it!""You were implying!" I yelled at you. I regret that, really."No!" You touched my arm and I struck you with the back of my fist and I watched your eyes water and you turned your wounded cheek away from me. "I.... I'm sorry...." And you were gone
~All of my memories keep you here / Inside of the place, magically be here / All of my memories keep you here / Inside of this place of sanity~
Days passed and they turned into months and then a full year. We fought OZ for a year without you and then, when the war ended, you appeared amongst the manny OZ distraught captives. You were the only one that died. You died on the way home, to Earth. You died in cold space, where no one cared, no one saved their comforts for you, they saved it for the rest. They put you in a body bag and that was it, no remorse for the dead, I guess.
~Together in all these memories / I see your smile / All the memories I hold dear / Darling you know I'll love you 'til the end of time~
Chang and Trowa simply stared down at your body and watched you. Quartre and Relena cried and tried to keep themselves from letting your dead body see their tears. I heard the report on your death. You died while you drempt of flowers and better days and you died from poisons and toxic gas. You were the only one who died, Duo. I didn't want you to die so soon. I still had so much to tell you and I'll tell you now, when I know you aren't going anywhere.
~All of my memories keep you here / Inside of the place, magically be here / All of my memories keep you here / Inside of this place of sanity~
"I love you, Duo. And the memories we share will keep you alive in my heart." I turned away, unable to let you feel ashamed of me, leaving the crystal globe beside the roses. I'll always miss your smile and your goofy antics that often got you into trouble.
~All of my memories / (Silence, silence)~