Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Misinterpretations ❯ Misinterpretations ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misinterpretations by Yaoi Girl

It was their 1st year anniversary since they had started going out, and Trowa wasn't about to let this special occasion go to waste.

Two weeks ago, he had gone to the best jewelry shops in the town near their huge safe house, one of Quatre's mansions, and tried to find the perfect ring for his one true love.

He'd finally found the perfect ring, but he'd have to wait a few more days after he paid for it because it was Christmas time and the ring was much too big for his lover's fingers, so it had to be resized.

He had the ring in his possession now, but he kept having to move it because of a certain loud-moth braided youth, who would surely tell his love about it; Duo had been sneaking around, looking for anything that would cause this silent one to act so sneaky.

Quatre had asked Duo later that evening what Trowa was up to, and Duo hesitantly answered.

"Well," he began, attempting to recall that night sometime the previous week, though he couldn't remember the exact day, "I was walking down the hall to my room and I noticed your guys' door was open, and I peaked in. I knew that it wasn't you I saw curled up in bed with him, since you were on that mission with Heero. I didn't get to see the other person's face or anything though."

"I'm…going…to…ki…"

"Calm down, Quatre!" Duo said frantically.

Quatre was slowly boiling into a murderous state of rage toward his silent lover. "How could he do this to me?! I love him! And this is the thanks I get?!" he screamed, tears forming in his aqua eyes.

He sniffed and thanked Duo, turning to walk toward his room. "He's lucky he's not here right now! Or I'd…"

But Trowa hadn't left yet; his mission that he was supposed to be on had been delayed due to an unexpected turn of events, so he wouldn't be leaving for a while. Since he couldn't leave early, he wouldn't be back from his mission until late the next night, after their anniversary, and surely Quatre would be asleep.

And since he hadn't left yet, he had heard Quatre and Duo's conversation. 'What is Duo talking about?! I'd never sleep with anyone but Quatre! Ever!' he thought to himself, now angry with the violet-eyed youth.

As he pondered on what Duo had said, something dawned on him. 'Wufei! He was the one in bed with me that night! Hang on a sec. Why would Quatre have Duo spy on me?"

He walked down the hall and out onto the screened porch, thinking of every possibility why Quatre would spy on him.

Duo had followed Trowa outside upon seeing him emerge from the hall bathroom seconds after Quatre went to his room.

"So, Trowa…what's going on?" Duo asked, positive that Trowa hadn't heard the conversation he had just held with the Arabian boy.

"Why don't ~you~ tell ~me~?" he shot back angrily, arms crossed over his chest, giving Duo a glare fit to kill.

"What's your problem?" Duo replied somewhat annoyed.

"You should know, Mr. Know-it-all who always finds a way to ruin things!"

"Hold up! Did you hear us?!"

"Every word of it."

"I only told him the truth! Don't get all shitty with me!"

"Just because you saw someone else in mine and Quatre's bed, doesn't mean I was sleeping in it and it was Wufei…and you know for a fact I'd never do anything to hurt Quatre!"

"And just why was Wufei in your bed, snuggling up with you?"

"If you recall…the day Wufei was in my bed was during the week he broke his ankle, and with him not having a bed due to ~someone~ using it as a trampoline, I offered to share mine and Quatre's since Quatre wasn't there and I would've been leaving soon for my own mission…"

"And…?"

"And we weren't 'snuggling'. He lost his balance and he fell into me, so I caught him and lead him down to the bed so he wouldn't hurt his ankle anymore than it already was…it was also about the same time I heard you walk by."

"Are you serious?!" Duo screeched.

"Duh…"

"Oh, no…" he groaned regretfully.

"Damn right, 'oh, no'. Go find Quatre."

Both boys shot out of the porch area, one running upstairs to check the bedrooms, and the taller one searching downstairs.

Trowa didn't have to look far for his little one; the Arabian boy had emerged from his room because of too many memories, and was now balled up and sobbing loudly in a dark corner of the fire-lit living room.

"Quatre…" Trowa whispered softly in the direction of the blonde.

His head bolted up to stare at what he considered his 'ex'. "What the hell do you want?!" he sobbed, backing as far away from the other boy as he could.

Trowa could see the anger in his eyes, and sense the boy's pain of loss. "Quatre, Duo had that story all wrong…"

"So you heard us…and now you're going to change it, right?!"

"There's nothing ~to~ change! Duo didn't remember about Wufei having a broken ankle. And if you think I'm lying to you, I'll give you two pieces of evidence." So he told Quatre the exact, word-for-word, explanation that he had just given Duo.

"I…I don't believe you, Trowa. You've been sneaking around too much lately…" the boy managed between sobs.

"Please wait until I give you the evidence before you convict me, Little One. Do you remember how I got that knot on my head?"

"Yeah. You said you bumped heads with Wufei that same night…as Duo seen you two together…that still doesn't prove that you didn't sleep with him!"

"Okay…" he replied heavily, knowing that this was going to be more difficult than expected.

"That's it?! 'Okay'?!"

"No, that's not all. If you still don't believe me after this…then that'll be it; I'll give up and leave you alone."

"So…what's the second piece of evidence?" he huffed.

"You'll see, but first…could you please sit on the couch."

"Fine…" he breathed heavily and annoyed, rolling his swollen and reddened eyes, pushing himself off the floor.

"Now what?" he asked from his new seat.

The emerald-eyed boy walked slowly to the couch after Quatre had sat down, fumbling in his left pants pocket.

The aqua-eyed youth stared into the fire in the hearth before him, raising his right arm to wipe away his tears as he sniffed.

Trowa stood beside the couch, beside Quatre, as he ran his fingers lightly over the velvety top of the box that contained the ring that he hoped his Little One would accept.

"Well?!" Quatre stated impatiently, anger showing in his voice, his reddened and swollen eyes never leaving the amber flames before him.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking a step forward and stood in front of Quatre, the box concealed behind his back.

When he could no longer see the fire, and the silence growing irritating, he looked up to meet Trowa's nervous gaze, his own eyes angry and unforgiving.

"Well?!" he repeated a little more harsh than before.

Trowa closed his eyes again, falling to one knee in front of his love, then opened his eyes to see Quatre's same expression. He swallowed nervously and began to speak.

"Quatre Raberba Winner…"

The Neo Arabian soon realized what was happening; his eyes slowly widened and his mouth slightly agape. 'He ~was~ telling the truth!'

"…will you marry me?" He provided the open box to Quatre's teary gaze.

A simple, "Yes, Trowa Barton," and an offered left hand was all Trowa needed.

He took the ring from the box and slowly slid it onto Quatre's ring finger, his eyes never leaving the other's disbelieving eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Trowa," he said softly as the ring was slid delicately on his finger.

When the ring was on, Trowa took Quatre's hands in his own, first lifting the right one to his mouth to kiss each of Quatre's knuckles, then lowering it and raising the left hand to repeat the same process, emerald locked to aqua all the while.

He kept Quatre's hands in own and took a seat as close to Quatre as possible on the couch, then slowly leaned his face forward.

His fiancé met him half way, their lips meeting softly.

Trowa soon grew tired of the gentleness and slowly traced Quatre's lips with his tongue, which quickly gained access to the welcome haven of his Little One's mouth.

As the kiss deepened, Trowa's hands found their way to Quatre's slim hips, and Quatre's hands to Trowa's neck.

The silent one swiftly scooped the boy up in his arms and stood, then walked upstairs to their room, burden in hand.

Duo, who was lying across his bed, heard the lock engage in the next room and smiled. 'Great! Now that they're all lovey-dovey again, I won't get into trouble by Trowa!'

His train of thought derailed as he heard his own door lock engage, and caught on fire and go up in a puff of smoke when he seen who locked it…

"How 'bout we have out our fun?" Heero asked wickedly, arms crossed over his damp chest, his towel riding low on his hips and catching water rivulets from his hair, a sultry smile upon his lips.

"Do you ~have~ to ask?!"


On to part 2...~Coming soon~