Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Missing Her ❯ I Loved Her, More Than Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own and did not create Gundam Wing. I do not own and did not create any of the characters from Gundam Wing. So poo on you! MWAHAHAHAHA!! …..yeah, okay, whatever! Oh yes, at the very end, I quote Gloomy Sunday, by Sarah Brightman. I don't own and did not create that either. *sigh* Disclaimers are so depressing.
 
Sleep was something that had not been the easiest thing for Wufei to come by in recent times. He spent most of the night tossing and turning in his bed, and when he did sleep his dreams were of memories. They were memories that had haunted him. Memories that, perhaps, he had forgotten and didn't want to remember.
 
It hadn't been all that long since Relena had come to him for advice, frightened about what her future held. Already, however, Wufei could feel himself changing. There seemed to be a strange sense of calm. For the first time since his wife had died, Wufei was sure that he would get a good night's sleep. But first….
 
“Wasn't that Relena just leaving?” Trowa asked. Wufei nodded. “What was she doing here? She knows Heero was at work. Hell, she saw him at work.”
 
“She needed advice.” Wufei answered. Trowa frowned.
 
“And she went to you?”
 
“Yes.” Wufei replied.
 
“About what?” he asked.
 
“Getting married.” Wufei said simply. Trowa's frown grew as his confusion grew.
 
“Why would she go to you about that?”
 
“Because, before the war, I was.” Wufei said.
 
Trowa's eyes widened for a moment before he sat down.
 
“What happened?” Trowa asked.
 
“She was killed.” he answered. Trowa nodded in understanding.
 
“What was her?” he asked. Wufei smiled.
 
“Nataku.”
 
Missing Her
by Riley
 
Chapter 6
I Loved Her,
More Than Life
 
 
“We had an arranged marriage, and at first... we hated each other. We could barely stand being around each other.” Wufei told Trowa. “But... things changed. We changed. One day, I heard her singing, and I noticed.... she had a beautiful voice... the way her lips curved, how she seemed to glow when she was happy. After a while, it wasn't hate...” Wufei said.
 
“It was love.” Trowa stated. Wufei laughed.
 
“It wasn't love. It was more.” he replied. “It was friendship, and love, and... hope. It was hope.” Wufei said, smiling. “It was the kind of love to make the heavens and earth fall to it's knees in wonder. The kind of love that can't be described in words of any kind, it must be felt, to the farthest reaches of your soul to truly understand.”
 
Trowa stared at his friend in wonder. Wufei had a look in his eyes that Trowa had never before seen. A look of sadness, but of passion. His mind was in chaos. There were so many thoughts careening and twisting about in his head. This was Wufei. The same Wufei he had known through the war. The same Wufei he had known through-out his problems with Catherine, when he had found out that they were actually blood-relatives. This was the same Wufei who had kept to himself, a secret, since it was announced that Heero and Relena were getting married. And he was a widow, showing an emotion that none of his very best friends had ever seen him show.
 
“And then?” Trowa prompted. Wufei sighed.
 
“Then, one day, our colony was attacked. Meiran, she took the gundam and went to fight.”
 
 

“Stop! You can't handle that! It's not something a woman can pilot!”
 
“Then I give up being a woman! I am Nataku!”
 
“When I saw what she was doing, I went after her.”
 
“Shenlong doesn't have any weapons!”
 
“Fine. I'm not fighting for justice.”
 
“Then why are you going?”
“Because I'm not such a coward that I'll stand by and watch my wife get killed!”
 
“She was surrounded by enemy mobile suits, but I stood in front of her.” Wufei stated. He swallowed back tears at the memory and stared down at the counter. “But, I couldn't stop it, when she collided with another mobile suit. I found her among the wreckage, and I took her back, to the garden.” Wufei said.
 
“Wufei...”
 
“Hang on, Meiran!”
 
“I was with her, when she died, on that hill.”
 
“Wufei...”
 
“What?”
 
“I was strong... wasn't I? You weren't ashamed of me as your wife, were you?”
 
“Yeah, you're strong. Stronger than anyone.”
 
“No... you're stronger...”
 
“I'm sorry.” Trowa whispered. His eyes were filled with tears at his friend's loss.
 
“I've only ever told one other person.” Wufei said.
 
“Who?”
 
“Sally.”
 
Trowa nodded. He watched his friend closely.
 
“Do you love her?” Trowa asked.
 
“Sally?” Wufei asked. Trowa nodded. He sighed. “It doesn't matter.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I could never be with her.” Wufei stated sadly. Trowa frowned.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because she was there.” Wufei said. “She was one of the soldiers who came.”
 
“There is no longer anyone alive on the colony, understood?”
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
“You're sad.” Meiran said, seeing his face. Wufei chuckled. “What's wrong?”
 
“My life.” Wufei said. He leaned against her as they sat in the garden.
 
“Your life?” Meiran asked.
 
“Was I a good husband?” Wufei asked. He looked down at her, her black hair falling to her shoulders and curling slightly at the ends. Meiran smiled.
 
“I couldn't have asked for a better one.” Meiran said.
 
For a few moments, they just sat there, curled against each other.
 
“It's not a crime you know, being in love with someone.” Meiran told her. “Even Sally.”
 
Wufei looked over at her sadly.
 
“She did not want that attack, you know that.” Meiran said. “If you love her, you love her. You should tell her.”
 
“How can I?” Wufei asked. Meiran sighed and kissed his cheek.
 
“We all have to move on eventually.” Meiran said. “We loved each other, and we had a beautiful marriage. But, I know, that if you had died and I had lived, you would want me to move on. I know, because you would want me to be happy.”
 
“I miss you.” Wufei said, taking her into his arms. He held her close, missing the feeling of her beside him.
 
“I love you Wufei, and I'll always be yours.” Meiran whispered, hugging him closely. “But you have a life, waiting.”
 
“I wish you weren't gone.” he told her. Meiran smiled up at him and pulled away.
 
“But Wufei, I'm not gone. I'll be yours, always. A part of me will be with you, here.” she told him, pointing to his heart.
 
“Meiran...”
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
death is no dream for in death
I'm caressing you
with the last breath of my soul
I'll be blessing you....
Gloomy Sunday...
 
Dreaming, I was only dreaming
I wake and I find you asleep in
the deep of my heart dear
 
end chapter 6
 
A/N: Yes, I know it's short. It only goes up to five pages. I started this awful essay on what I would spend money on if I had a bigger allowance, which really left a lot of stuff when you consider the fact that I don't actually have an allowance… I dunno, I just got the writing bug and this came out. Expect the usual Monday morning update, of course. Chapter 7 shall be very interesting. Sorry this is so short!!! Hell, maybe I'll update Carnelian Rhapsody while I'm at it!