Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Missing Her ❯ Meant To Be ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own and did not create Gundam Wing and/or any of the characters. I do not own and did not create the theory of relativity. It's highly unlikely that I had anything to do with the invention of ice cream…. sob….. What a waste of time! I also don't own You Were Meant for Me by Jewel.
 
A/N: I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the last chapter! I got a review from someone saying that they literally cried when six came out. LOL. Is it really that good? O.o How interesting… anyway, I've got an announcement to make, but you can read it after you're done. I don't wanna keep you waiting in suspense any longer!
 
“I'm gonna kill him!” Sally fumed. “The son of a bitch. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.”
 
Lucrezia watched her friend pace back and forth across the room. She had been informed of Sally's meeting with Wufei after she saw him running from the scene with his tail between his legs. A very curious Lucrezia came back to find her friend having a complete breakdown and beating a pillow senseless in her rage.
 
She thanked the gods that she had hidden Sally's gun before she left, and sighed as she listened to her friend's tale of how Wufei was about to come clean and why should hotels have cleaning ladies anyway? They only seem to get into everyone's way.
 
After the initial sobbing for hours on end, the chocolate induced coma coupled with the addiction to daytime soaps and old black and white romance movies, and, of course, full on denial of Wufei's existence, she had stepped into the “I hate his guts and will scream this at the top of my lungs while spouting profanities to his name stage. In the endless amount of time that seemed to accompany the many stages, four days had passed. That might seem fast, but Sally was doing her best to keep her moping to a minimum with the coming up wedding between the lovebirds who now couldn't seem to keep their hands to themselves.
 
That is, except in the presence of Relena's older brother, Zechs.
 
Ah, yes, Zechs. Now Zechs was something indeed. Long silvery blond hair, a man Lucrezia personally knew from the war, and the only one who could threaten the now not-so-stoic Heero Yuy and actually have an effect on him. Yes, Lucrezia knew Zechs very well… for not so long ago…. But that was another story all together.
 
“I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.” Sally sobbed as she plopped down in an armchair, her head in her hands, brown tresses falling in midair, and tears escaping for an uncountable number of times since the whole ordeal had started, for Lucrezia had lost track. She rubbed her friend's back as she sobbed, her body wracking with each.
 
“You don't hate him.” Lucrezia said soothingly. Sally nodded her head through her sobs.
 
“I do too. He hates me, and I hate him.”
 
Sally's words shocked Lucrezia to no end.
 
“Wufei doesn't hate you, Sally.” Lucrezia said, frowning.
 
“Yes he does. He has to. Why else would he keep doing this to me?” Sally asked, looking up at her friend. She sniffled.
 
“He doesn't hate you… he's just…”
 
“An ass.” Sally finished, grabbing a tissue and blowing her nose.
 
“Yes, exactly. He's an ass.” Lucrezia said. “But he loves you, and you love him.”
 
Sally sighed and shook her head.
 
“Not anymore. This has to end, Lucrezia. I can't spend my life like this.” Sally replied. “This has to end.”
 
 
 
Missing Her
By Riley
(A.K.A. keywi kitty)
 
Chapter 8
Meant To Be
 
 
Wufei was regretting his decision every moment he spent away from Sally. He was regretting even more now that Trowa had, of course, decided that Wufei needed a shrink. Someone who knew him well, with incredible knowledge as to his past and his present… someone who had spent the past few weeks watching his every move and analyzing his every word. Someone, perhaps, a bit like himself.
 
I hear the clock, it's six a.m.
I feel so far from where I've been
I got my eggs and my pancakes too
I got my maple syrup, everything but you.
 
“Do you want to talk about it?” Trowa asked. Wufei was currently lying in his bed, attempting to smother himself with his pillow.
 
“No.” Wufei snapped. “I don't want to talk about it.”
 
“Because, it's okay if you do. We're all here for you, you know.” Trowa commented, ignoring Wufei's previous statement. Wufei rolled his eyes.
 
“I know, Trowa. You've only been saying that for the week.”
 
“I remember a time wh-”
 
“TROWA!” Wufei shouted, abandoning his pillow and jumping up in bed, glaring at his friend and roommate. “I don't need therapy, I don't want to talk about it, and I don't need you hanging on my every word!”
 
Trowa stared at his friend, unfazed at the sudden outburst.
 
“What happened?”
 
Wufei sighed and leaned back down.
 
“I screwed up. Big time.”
 
“Tell me.” Trowa commanded. He slipped down to the edge of his chair, expecting a story to take place….
 
“Sally.” he said, nodded his head as a greeting. He looked uncomfortably towards Lucrezia.
 
“Ya know, I hear they have coffee downstairs. I think I'll get some coffee.” she said, winking towards Sally as she left the room.
 
 
“So, Lucrezia scared you off?” Trowa asked. Wufei glared.
 
“Of course not.” he answered.
 
“What are you doing here?” Sally asked. Wufei chuckled nervously.
 
“I- uh… came to see how you were doing.”
 
“And the flowers?” Sally asked.
 
“Oh… well…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Flowers?” Trowa asked, scowling. He hated flowers. “I would've brought her chocolates.” Trowa said. Which, he mused, she probably would've found handy in long run, instead of making Lucrezia go out and buy some.
 
I break the yolks, make a smiley face
I kinda like it in my brand new place
I wipe the spots off the mirror
Don't leave the keys in the door
Never put wet towels on the floor anymore' cause
 
“Do you want to hear this?” Wufei growled. Trowa sighed and bit his tongue.
 
“Sorry. Please, continue.” Trowa replied.
 
“You see…”
 
“Yes?” Sally prompted.
 
Wufei paused. This time it was Trowa's turn to glare, as Wufei sighed and shook his head. For a long moment, Trowa wondered if he was going to continue.
 
“ROOM SERVICE!” a woman screamed in a strange accent as she walked into the room.
 
Wufei groaned.
 
“I have to go.” Wufei muttered. He put the flowers on a table and left.
 
Trowa waited for a moment to make sure Wufei had finished, before bursting out in laughter.
 
“What's so funny?” Wufei asked. His right eye began to twitch.
 
“You let the cleaning lady scare you out of confessing your love to a woman who's been waiting for you for three years?” Trowa asked, grinning. “Sorry Wufei, but that's a little…”
 
“Cowardly.” Wufei finished his sentence.
 
“Yes, actually. In fact, the way you've handled this, she probably thinks you're-”
 
“An ass.” Wufei finished. Trowa laughed.
 
“Yeah. Pretty much.” Trowa answered. Wufei sighed.
 
“I've screwed up, big time. Haven't I?”
 
“Yeah, pretty bad.” Trowa answered. His friend flinched at the reply.
 
Dreams last so long
even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
 
“What do I do?” Wufei asked. He grabbed the pillow and shoved his face into it again. Trowa sighed at his friend's actions and immediately took the pillow away from him.
 
“Well, for one thing, you don't kill yourself.” Trowa replied. Wufei glared.
 
“Then what do I do?” he asked.
 
“Talk to her.” Trowa said. Wufei flinched, again.
 
“Talk to her? She probably hates my guts, and you want me to talk to her?” Wufei asked his friend in disbelief. “As tempting as that sounds, that woman has a temper and I want to bear children one day.”
 
Trowa stared at Wufei for a moment, his head spinning.
 
“What?” Wufei asked. Trowa grinned.
 
“You called her a woman.”
 
Wufei waited for Trowa to say more. When he didn't, Wufei spoke up.
 
“What's your point?” Wufei asked. Trowa's grin grew.
 
“Usually you call every woman an onna.” Trowa said. “But Sally's a woman.”
 
“Trowa, onna means woman.” Wufei stated. Trowa continued to grin. “You've lost your mind.” Wufei said, rolling his eyes.
 
“Talk to her.” Trowa told him. Wufei growled before muttering something that sounded like `fine, fine, fine'.
 
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you.
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
“Stupid ex-gundam pilot. I hope he burns in hell.” Sally was muttering to herself as she stared at the television, watching the latest rerun of “The Young and the Restless”. She huffed and argued with the small voice in her head that contradicted her latest statement.
 
Stupid ex-gundam pilot. I hope he realizes…
 
She shook her head. It was best not to finish that thought. It was best not to dwell on something that could never be.
 
She sighed. It was best to just move on and live her life.
 
Unfinished and uncontrollable thoughts lingered in the farthest reaches of her mind as she gazed at the flowers sitting on the table in the light blue vase. They were daisies… She liked daisies.
 
Her mission to move on with her life became more and more fanatical with each day that passed. Wufei watched with a heart that was bleeding as the woman he loved moved on, dancing with and dating other men. It was almost too much to take, and where Wufei had found himself getting a good night's sleep for a very small amount of time, he was restless again. Every night he lay on his stomach and covered his pillow with his face, trying not to shed the tears he knew he wouldn't be able to hold much longer.
 
He would roll on his side, using the pillow to cover his ears and drown out the sounds of her laughter and her flirting with another man. After attempting for sleep for hours on end, Wufei got up and went to the kitchen, grabbing a cup of coffee and for once he was actually almost relieved to see the familiar brown hair that hid half the face of his friend, and that usual shade of green he wore as pajamas.
 
He was surprised, however, to find that Trowa was not the only one who waited for him. Well, they weren't exactly waiting. In the kitchen, at the counter that seated five stools and created the setting of a bar, which is what Wufei was especially reminded of this night, four of those five stools were full.
 
Blond, brown, messy brown, and that braided baka… They were easily recognizable by the backs of their heads. Duo was leaning against the counter, groaning and holding his head. Quatre had something in his hand that looked to be water, but judging by the fact it was a small glass unlike the others, he had it figured that Quatre was drinking some kind of alcohol. Heero was twitching excessively, which was unusual for any of them, most especially Heero Yuy. Wufei half expected to see Trowa smoking, but was glad to find that no one was.
 
“Make it stop, make it stop.” Duo groaned.
 
“What's going on?” Wufei asked, walking into the kitchen. He was going to reach for the coffee, when he caught sight of Duo's face, or the half that wasn't hidden by the counter. He had large circles under his eyes, which Wufei had witnessed earlier. It was the fact that Duo was so completely pale, eyes red and scratchy, hair messy and randomly falling out of the braid, and the look on his face made Wufei wonder whether he had been on some kind of narcotic recently.
 
“Duo's finally reached his limit on caffeine.” Trowa answered.
 
Wufei looked to Quatre, who had the same kind of beaten up look that Duo had, only his eyes were puffy, as though he had been crying. His usually neat hair and in-perfect-condition clothing was wrinkled, and he looked like he had had a few too many. For the past five years.
 
“Quatre?” Wufei asked. He snapped his fingers in front of Quatre's eyes. When Quatre didn't answer and instead, took a drink, Trowa answered for him.
 
“Catherine's just sent news from the circus.” Trowa said. “She's eloped with another man.”
 
Last was Heero. Heero was twitching excessively, of course. He's unruly brown hair was unruly… ier than usual. It was practically sticking straight up. He looked relatively normal, actually. Except for the twitching, and the blinking. Okay, and the biting his lip and pulling at the top of his shirt as if it were choking him.
 
“And Heero?” Wufei asked weakly, half-knowing the answer to the question.
 
“Pre-wedding day nerves.” Trowa answered.
 
Yup, Trowa was the only one who was acting like himself that evening.
 
“And you?” Trowa asked. Wufei sighed. He pulled a stool beside Quatre and poured himself some of whatever alcoholic beverage Quatre had gotten his hands on.
 
“I'm doing about the same as Quatre, here, and I'd like to be just as wasted.” he answered, drinking it one gulp and pouring himself another.
 
“Ah, you'd be speaking of Sally and her beau then?” Trowa asked. Wufei grunted in agreement.
 
“Yeah, but there's a difference.” Quatre muttered, sniffling as another few tears rolled down his cheek. “The girl you're in love is still available.”
 
“Available? She's dating another man.” Wufei muttered. “Hell, she's dating seven other men.”
 
“Where as Catherine ran away with one and is probably in Vegas about now.”
 
I called my momma, she was out for a walk
Consoled a cup of coffee but it didn't wanna talk
So I picked up a paper, it was more bad news
More hearts being broken or people being used
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll
 
“I had a really good time tonight.” Sally said. Travis chuckled.
 
“Yeah, me too.”
 
There was a moment of awkward silence.
 
“Do you want to come up?” Sally asked.
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll
 
Put on my coat in the pouring rain
I saw a movie it just wasn't the same
'Cause it was happy and I was sad
It made me miss you oh so bad 'cause
 
As they sit in silence, Wufei's mind wandered through the many times since he had met Sally. Back when they had dated…
 
He had fallen in love with her. He truly had. With every part of him, his heart and soul… He loved her.
 
He had only broken it off because… because every time he saw her, he saw Meiran. The memory of his wife, how happy they had been. Every time he looked in her eyes, he had seen their wedding day. And that night, just before he left, when they kissed… he had seen her die all over again.
 
It haunted him. If anything ever happened to Sally… he wouldn't know what he would do. It would hurt too much.
 
So he had left, and in that time he had managed to pretend that none of it had ever happened.
 
…but it had. And he was in love with her. He was in love with her, and he may have just lost her because he couldn't bring himself to say it. He had told everyone, they all knew. Duo, Quatre, Heero, Trowa. Meiran knew, even… but he couldn't bring himself to tell it to the one person who it mattered to the most.
 
Dreams last so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
Lips met, and minds connected, emotions tangled and twisting - both intimate and ordinary. A feeling that was almost completely foreign to Sally, she had not felt it in so long. Like floating on a cloud, or swimming in the ocean, or… fighting a battle in a mobile suit.
 
Mobile suit…Wufei!
 
Her eyes shot open for a moment as she found herself tangled against her date. She felt a familiar ache in her chest and ignored the tear that slid down her cheek and as she clenched her eyes shut.
 
I am not going to do this. He is out of my life.
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll
 
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you.
 
I go about my business, I'm doin' fine
Besides what would I say if I had you on the line
Same old story, not much to say
Hearts are broken, everyday.
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
Why was he sitting there, letting her get away from him? He had the chance. He should go over there.
 
She had a date tonight…
 
Oh, yes. That was why he wasn't going over there.
 
Duo groaned in pain. His head hurt. Damn Wufei. He was stupid.
 
Damn himself too. No more coffee for Duo, ever. Damn… where was Hilde when he needed her?
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll
 
I brush my teeth and put the cap back on
I know you hate it when I leave the light on
I pick a book up. Turn the sheets down.
Take a deep breath and a good look around
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
Warmth… there was warmth as clothes were discarded and Sally found herself bare skin against bare skin with a man, but not the one she wanted.
 
Kissing, touching… She closed her eyes and let herself get caught up in the emotions, in the warmth. Her mind was slipping, and she could feel herself melting away by the simple actions they were performing. As she heard the soft music from a radio, they began to move backwards.
 
Her mind reeled and her stomach twisted.
 
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll< /div>
 
Put on my pjs and hop into bed
I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead
I try and tell myself it'll be all right
I just shouldn't think anymore tonight 'cause
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l
 
Wufei stared down into the cup of whatever it was that Quatre and he had been drinking. Small bubbles floated to the top of the glass every few moments, popping. In his mind, a thousand possibilities of whatever might be happening at Sally's hotel room drifted through his thoughts.
 
He was losing her, and he couldn't let that happen.
 
There was just one thing he could do, and he would do it.
 
I will not lose her…
 
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
Dreams last so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon I know you will see
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
They continued moving backwards, lips locked. Sally's eyes fluttered open as she felt the back of the bed bump into her legs. She had the overwhelming sensation she couldn't breathe. What was she doing? Just what the hell was she doing?
 
In the back of her mind, she told herself not to protest. She was moving on. This is wrong.
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you
 
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
“I have a plan.” Wufei announced. The others looked over at him, raising an eyebrow.
 
“And that would be?” Trowa asked. Wufei inhaled deeply, readying himself.
 
“I'm going to ask Sally to marry me.”
 
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
 
“Travis…” Sally whispered, barely enough for herself to hear. He lowered her down onto the bed. For a few long moments, they continued.
 
“Sally?”
 
“What?”
 
“Why are you crying?”
 
Sally moved her hands and touched her cheeks, suddenly feeling the wetness. She frowned and swallowed, trying to control it.
 
“Sally, what's wrong?”
 
“I can't do this.”
 
“What?”
 
“I'm sorry Travis, but I can't do this.” Sally said. “The thing is, I'm in love with someone else.”
 
Yeah.... You were meant for me and I was meant for you
 
End chapter 8
 
A/N: YES! ALMOST ELEVEN PAGES! WHOO! (does the happy dance)
Okay, I hope everyone liked it, and is psyched up for the ninth chapter. I'm actually going out of town to visit my Uncle (although technically, it's for a conference where my mother is speaking at), so I'm gonna be out of town Wednesday through… I think we'll be getting back Sunday morning. I'M SO EXCITED!
This isn't going to effect chapter nine however. I'll have one for you at the beginning of next week - don't worry! AND REMEMBER TO REVIEW!!!