Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Accepted ❯ Mission Accepted 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mission Accepted: Chapter Five

April Fourth, A.C. 201

Dear Diary,

We had arrived today at Hotel Centre. Not much to look at, but it’s cozy. I can’t say that I’m nervous about the first Conference tomorrow. I’ve been through so many like this, it just doesn’t pick at my brain like it used to. I mean, becoming ‘Queen Relena’. You remember, I was a little shaken up. But then after I thought about it, this gave me enough power to effect people. Did you know that I still have people come up to me and call me ‘Queen Relena’? Yes, though I don’t consider myself in that position anymore.

You know, I am glad that I’m on this Council. Going through so many countries and meeting so many people there to hear your ideas is what will bring us to... peace. And having Wufei here, well, it just feels right. Now he can finally become the person he wants to be.
Goodnight Dear Diary, I must retire.

Relena

April Seventh, A.C. 201

Dear Diary,

The speech went well at the conference on the fifth. Our plan is to leave tomorrow and then board a plane to Moscow. Six hours on a plane! I don’t know what’s going to keep me occupied... Russia is cold most of the time, at least that’s what I hear, so I won’t be spending very much time outside the Embassy and the conference center.

On another note, I’ve been talking to Wufei lately, and he is really opening up to me. I truly believe that he is a great person. Tonight I was sitting in the sitting room connecting our two rooms and was reading while he did karate, or was it yoga... well, he was training. It was interesting to look up and watch sometimes. Afterwards, he sat with me and somehow we got on the subject of Meiran.

He told me about her and how they were husband and wife. Then how she gave her life to protect the colony. I can understand the deep sadness that sometimes invades dark eyes sometimes. What good has he really encountered in his life?

Relena.

April Thirteenth, A.C. 201

Dear Diary,

The meeting in Russia went according to plan. Though some of the leaders there thought they could intimidate me because I am a woman. They understood the need for peace, but they also wanted to have weapons to use in case. I noted there really was no need for them.

I know that there shouldn’t be a need for weapons in the future, but here I am representing a country that has hidden away the most valuable, most affective, most dangerous weapons in space: the Gundams.

The conference today in London went well. It is so much nicer here than in Russia! Wufei, I have noticed, is always there. I can never escape from him. But that’s his job. And you know, I don’t think that I would ever really have the urge to try and escape from Wufei, or any of the security for that matter.

Coming up for the next eight days, I have some free time finally. I hope to explore London a bit. Maybe I’ll take Wufei out somewhere.
Relena.

April Eighteenth, A.C. 201.

Dear Diary,

I’m going to take Wufei out somewhere today. Wish me luck!

Maybe I can get him out of that Preventers’ jacket and into some real clothes.

Relena.

************

Tsuyoku: A short Reflection in Relena's Diary about the conferences... just a dead chappy, but there's more to come!