Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ More than Rejects ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Supurrkitty
Disclaimer: I do not own any GW characters. That is all.

Damn me! writing so many fan-fictions at once! Please read and review.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More than Rejects
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trowa leaned forward and rested his head on his fists.
The doctor had come back with the baby and was sitting across from him. He laid the baby in the seat next to him on the couch and she was squirming around, whimpering.

" She is a girl." The doctor confirmed, " I'm not sure why she won't cry, she's perfectly fine and able"

Trowa was barely listening to him, he had his eyes on the little, red-haired infant.

" We need to do something, though" Catherine said, " We can't return her to her mother...what should we do?"

" Well," The doctor adjusted his glasses, " I know hospitals accept newborns, no questions, they just take them and keep them until they can be placed in a foster home or, usually, an orphanage."

" Really?" Catherine asked, " That'll be great!"

" Alright then, I'm off to bed again," The doctor got up and the infant made a louder noise, " If you need anything, you know where I am..."

He left, leaving the baby alone on the couch. She now had a cozier looking blanket on her and she was cleaned off. Her red hair was dry and sprung out in all directions.

" Trowa," Catherine said in a soft, caring voice, " Do you want me to take her?"

" Huh? No!" Trowa said, too suddenly," I mean, I'll take her."

" Alright." Catherine said and walked off, leaving him alone with the child.

Trowa got up and walked over to her, looking down at the frail little body. She was small, even for a newborn and she was skinny. Her mother must have tried starving herself or something.

" You're a strong little baby," Trowa said to her as he picked her up. Again her gaze came up to his and she looked him in the eye, " Don't look at me like that." Trowa demanded, emotionlessly.

He took her back outside, making sure she was warm enough, and then took her to his truck. He set her in the seat next to him after he tilted it back so she wouldn't slide. He was still kind of nervous about the set up and drove really slow. Luckily, there wasn't much traffic.

They were about a block away from the hospital when it came into sight. Trowa had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. Then, the baby started to cry. For the first time that night, her high shrieks pierced the air between her mouth and Trowa's ears. Trowa pulled over as soon as he could and took the baby in his arms again. Her crying started to die.

" What was that?" Trowa asked her quietly, subconsciously rocking her " Are you afraid to go there?"

Then, Trowa thought about what would happen to her. She would be taken by people who might admire her, but not give her special treatment or love her. And, she was such a small, unhealthy looking baby, that people might not want her and she'd be stuck in an orphanage all her life. Of course, that was only worst-case.

" You and me are very alike, you know." Trowa said to her, " The world has rejected me, refusing to care for me. And your mother and whoever your father is, they've rejected you, refusing to care for or love you. They just don't want you anymore..."

Trowa looked down at the little baby, they both had tears in their eyes. They might not have wanted her anymore, but he did.

" What am I doing?" Trowa asked himself as he put the baby back on the seat and pulled the truck out of park.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Catherine woke up earlier than Trowa the next morning. She had fallen asleep in the trailer they shared before he came back and she never heard him come in.

She rubbed her eyes as she went into the main room of the trailer. She saw that Trowa was sleeping on the couch in an awkward, half-sitting position.

' He must have come in pretty late,' Catherine sighed, thinking to herself, ' I think that whole baby thing really got to him.'

She went into the small kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee. As she went back into the front room, she noticed that Trowa still had his clothes on, and there was something strange on his chest under the blanket he had.

Letting her curiosity get the best of her, Cathy set down the cup and went over to Trowa. She knew she'd probably wake her brother up, but she had to find out. She pulled the cover off of his chest and found a tiny infant. The same infant from the night before, only this time, clothed in a small baby sleeper with little pink lions.

Cathy jumped back in surprise and finally noticed all the other baby supplies scattered nearby.

Like she had predicted, Trowa was up in seconds. He held the still sleeping baby close to him as he looked up at his sister, expressionless.

" Trowa!" Catherine whispered harshly, " Why is she still here!? Why is all of this here!?"

She threw her arms out, gesturing to the baby items.

" I'm sorry." Trowa said, as he stood up with the now waking baby. Catherine wasn't very convinced.

" You're sorry!?" Catherine said, this time, loudly. " That's not going to take this baby to the hospital, now is it!?"

The baby began to stir and whimper and Trowa just gave Catherine a harsh look. That's it, Catherine was pissed.

" I don't believe this!" Catherine continued, " How could you be so irresponsible! You, of all people!"

" You don't understand." Trowa said, then just walked out of the room.

" I don't understand?" Catherine repeated, confused. Then, she hurried into the kitchen where Trowa was making a bottle of milk for the baby girl. She watched him for a minute. He seemed so intent on caring for her. It was almost like with the lions, but he was more careful and...pathetic. He didn't even realize how silly this all looked. A buff man/clown/ex-soldier and Gundam pilot, cradling a baby in his arm while making up a bottle. To Catherine, it was almost pathetic.

" Then, " Cathy moved to next to him, " Let me understand."

Trowa looked over at her and, for a moment, was grateful she was such an understanding person.

" Alright," Trowa sighed, " I realized last night, before I found her, that everyone is very happy. There is no war and the children are just children. That's something I never had. And, while this is great, I feel that, because I was not born into this happiness, I'm not sure how to live in it and nobody needs me in it. I'm not needed anymore. The world has given up on me now. And then, I found her. Her own mother left her for dead, because she was not needed. The world already gave up on her and she never even got a chance."
" Me and her are alike in that sense." Trowa turned back away from Catherine and continued with what he was doing, " She deserves more of a chance at the world than I do, but I think I can still help her. Besides, I think she likes it better here than at the hospital or orphanage..."

" Oh Trowa..." Catherine said, head down, " If your hands weren't full, I'd hug you..."

Trowa just stayed silent.

" Well, I suppose I can't change your mind." Catherine put her hands on her hips, " You are a grown man, after all. But, if you get in trouble for this, don't say I didn't tell you so. Also, before you have to ask, sure, I'll help you out best I can."

" Thanks." Trowa said, still unconvincingly.

" So," Catherine looked at the little girl and her clothing with little, pink lions, " Why did you chose THIS getup for her? Nothing else?"

" ..." Trowa sighed, " I thought it was cute."

Catherine covered her mouth and tried to stifle her laughter.

" Don't laugh."

" Alright," Catherine tried to wipe the smile off her face.

" So, you come up with a name for her?" Catherine asked.

" I was hoping you'd help me with that." Trowa said. " But I was thinking of a first name relating to our new peace or something..."

" Why not name her after Relena?" Catherine suggested.

" I don't think that suits her..." Trowa said.

Catherine chuckled at how Trowa was acting.

" What?" Trowa asked.

" Nothing," Catherine said, " How about Raelene? You can call her Rae for short."

" Yeah." Trowa agreed, " Last night was a full moon, so...Raelene Luna Barton..."

" That's perfect Trowa!" Catherine exclaimed, " Can...I hold her?"

" Okay," Trowa said, handing the now awake child over to his sister. He was kind of relieved that he had free hands now.

" So," Catherine said down to Raelene, " What do you think of your new family of circus performers, little Rae?"

Trowa looked at Rae in Cathy's arms and smiled.



A/N: So, he kept the baby... what now? Well, you'll need to read...But, I'll tell you that the next chapter will be some years ahead...The timeline, I mean, not my update... Oh yes, more G-boys soon, I will eventually bring them all into my plot *evil snicker*