Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ More than Rejects ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Supurrkitty
Disclaimer: I do not own any GW characters. That is all.

Damn me! Writing so many fan-fictions at once! Please read and review.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More than Rejects
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trowa looked down at the jacket he had on. It was made official that morning, he was a certified Preventer. He wasn't quite sure why he had to be; now his record of being there was in the database. But, Wufei had assured him that it couldn't be tracked by the enemy.
The enemy? Was that what Duo was now? Unfortunately, yes, he was to Trowa.

Trowa had no idea where to start, but apparently, Preventers did as they led him and the others into a mission briefing room. Trowa took a seat near the back of the table. The others seated themselves around him, except Heero, who refused to be seated. He stood at the back.

The meeting was brief, and Trowa was glad of it. The one who spoke to them was not Une or anyone they had expected. It was a man they had never seen or heard of before. Nothing was thought of it. Trowa just supposed that management had been changed since the years he had been away from the government organization. However, the manner in which Wufei had regarded the man did raise suspicion that he still needed time to earn some certain respect.
The man told them what they already knew and then that they had a certain lead on where the organization was. They suspected that they were among a metal trash heap floating in space. These clumps had grown in numbers over the years after the demolishment of all major weapons and reconstruction of some colonies. That said, it would be near impossible to pinpoint the position of the offenders and that made the lead a very vague one.
The man could not explain any of the questions everyone had, but no one asked. He stated his certain confusion about why a Gundam pilot was trying to punish them for being Gundam pilots.
They were dismissed after that and told that they were to report to the shuttle port in the morning to leave for space and the Sweeper base.

" I don't like how this is going." Heero had stated as they exited the room.

' Oh yeah, try being in my shoes.' Trowa thought in his head. Wufei gave him a sympathetic look, as if he had heard him.

" What do you mean?" Quatre asked Heero.

" I think they're on Earth. It must have been a faulty lead." Heero sighed.

The man from the meeting then walked by, giving the group a side glance, then walking off. Heero seemed to be especially aware of him.

" I never knew how that man ended up ranking higher than me..." Wufei mumbled angrily.

" It's a mystery for me, too..." Sally sighed, watching her feet as she walked with the boys, though they weren't really boys anymore.

" We shouldn't trust his 'lead'," Heero mumbled, " It's probably wrong. We really have no idea where they are, but we'll find out."

" We have the resources here at Preventers," Wufei said. From Sally's point-of-view, that was his way of trying to comfort his comrades.

Trowa silently fallowed them out of the building as they talked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dark-haired, bright-eyed man sat at his desk, looking at paper after paper, examining the current situation of his organization. He was stopped as three men came into the room, all in matching uniform. The man smiled at them from his seat.

" So?" He asked, his voice dark and deep.

" Everything is going on schedule, sir." The first man stepped forward, " The lead has been given and evidence has been set. We believe they have gotten the message, sir."

" Good." The man said with a nod, then turned to the second man, " As for the others?"

" We believe Heero Yuy has taken Ms. Peacecraft. He has done as expected. Both are suspected to be with the others." The soldier said.

" Hmm," Their leader ran his hand through his hair and smiled, " Let's go ahead and take care of Relena, then."

" Sir?" The soldier held a shocked tone in his voice.

" We wanted to make ourselves known to the world, what better way?" He laughed, " Do take care of her,"

" Yessir!" The soldier said and then stepped back.

" Last but not least," The man smiled widely, " Duo, how are our prisoners?"

Duo stepped forward, a blank expression on his face.

" I won't say they're doing fine, but..." Duo pause momentarily, " they're still alive..."

" Why Mr. Maxwell, you don't sound too happy," The leader smiled, sarcastically.

Duo stayed silent, still keeping his expression clean.

" You're dismissed," The man waved his hand at them, telling them to exit. The other two quickly left, but Duo hesitated.

" Sir, I don't suppose I-" Duo was interrupted.

" I don't believe you have earned that yet, Maxwell. Now, go." The man ordered.

Duo just turned around and left the room, going out into the hall. It was a very clean, business-like place. Duo made his way back to the holding chambers and looked down the row of familiar doors. He looked down a row of three doors and just sighed, then turned around and went to his own quarters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Wait!" Someone called from behind the group. They turned around to meet another young man in a Preventers uniform. He had bright orange hair just past his ears and a feminine-looking face. " They want you back at the meeting room. We just got a strange call that they think you should hear."

They all looked at each other. Quatre shrugged.

" We should go back," He said, " It's important," The others started to head back with the orange-haired guy, but Heero slacked behind.

" You don't need me there," Heero said as he stopped.

" They wanted all of you to come back," The young man said.

" Who are you?" Heero asked, with a small glare.

" I am Tomi Asahara," The Preventer stood up strait, " I have been assigned to this mission as have you,"

' Assigned?' Trowa thought with disgust, ' I have to do this...'

" Well, officer Asahara, you can report to your superiors that I do not work for them, therefore, I will not take orders I do not wish to fallow." Heero said before turning around to leave.

' Which is all orders...' Trowa thought.

" But..." Tomi started, but the gave up with a grumble.

" I have some work to do on my own," Trowa said as he also separated from the group. He figured Heero had some sort of idea, unless he just wanted to check up on Relena.

" Wh-...but..." Tomi let out a low growl, then spat towards the ground. " C'mon," He said to the others, heading back towards the meeting room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" What do you think?" Trowa asked Heero.

" Honestly," Heero sighed, " I don't know. There's just too many possibilities for this."

' Heero doesn't know?' Trowa looked at his feet.

" I promise you, Trowa. We will find those two. I'm not sure how or when, but..." Heero stopped with a growl.

Trowa hadn't noticed before, but Heero had changed a lot over the years. He seemed so determined to help someone else. Perhaps he had made it his mission, since Relena was involved. Taking her did prove that she was the most important thing to him.

They stayed silent until they neared the safe house. Heero suddenly got a shocked look on his face. Trowa couldn't tell why until Heero hurried over to the now ajar door. It looked like it had been tampered with. This was about the time that Trowa noticed the few windows on the building were broken.

There was a sound of commotion coming from within the house. Heero pulled out his gun and stood flat against the wall, trying to look inside of the door. Trowa hurried and stood next to him, but realized he had no gun. The commotion was interrupted by a air-piercing scream.

Heero disappeared from Trowa's side the next moment. Trowa took off after him into the house. Everything inside was trashed and, to the right, there were men dressed in all black uniforms. The same uniforms that the ones who too Rae had worn. They had Relena in an arm-lock against the ground. The men stopped and looked at the two ex-Gundam pilots. Heero pulled up and shot one in the arm before they could react. He was pissed. The man flew back from the close range. His gun went flying a little closer to them. Trowa knew this was no time to be in the way, so he ducked behind a tipped over table just as he suspected they would fire. Nothing happened.

" You're not going to take her away." Heero growled at the men. Relena was sobbing against the ground.

" Heero, no!" She screamed to him.

" Relena..." Heero looked down at her frail form being smashed against the tile.

" We weren't planning on taking her." One of the men said, pointing his gun at Heero.

" What?" Heero's eyes widened.

" In fact, she's staying right here." The man said with a sarcastic tone.

Trowa almost gasped out loud at what the man was implying. He looked over the table, slowly standing up. The man saw this and smiled at both of them. He motioned to the other men and they pulled Relena to her feet. She let out a terrified gasp and sob at being yanked up. The man moved his gun to be pointing at her head.

" This should be more interesting," The man laughed, " The boss would be pleased to learn that you have witnessed her demise."

Trowa looked at the other men. There were about three, and all of them had their guns pointing at either Heero or himself. Heero still had his gun pointing at the man threatening Relena's life. Trowa looked on the ground and saw the gun the man had dropped just two yards away from his right foot. He looked back at Heero, who already had his gun cocked and ready. No matter what happened, they would still try to kill Relena, unless they were dead.

A shot rang and Trowa dove for the nearby weapon. He picked it up and fired two shots at the nearest black-clothed villain. Shots rang throughout the house for only a few minutes. But it happened so fast, Trowa wasn't sure if he even got shot or not. Then, it all went silent after one last shot. It seemed like the loudest of all and loomed in the air like a thick winter fog.

Trowa stood up, half expecting to be shot down. He examined the room, no one was standing except for him.

Heero pulled himself up from the ground. He had been shot several times. It seems they found him as a bigger threat than Trowa, who wasn't shot at all. He was shot in the shoulder, arm, and leg. He quickly looked over to where Relena was standing, to find that she was now on the ground.

" Relena!" Heero jumped up and almost fell back down, but stumbled all the way over to her. He pushed away a bloody body that was half on top of her.

" Relena..." Heero looked down at her in horror. She had been shot in the stomach.

Trowa stood away from them, watching the scene in shock. He held the gun tight into his hand as he noticed someone else moving.

Relena let out a small, painful moan and shifted on the ground.

" Heero..." She managed to look up at Heero.

He gathered her up in his lap and checked over her wound. It didn't look good.

" Heero...I..." Relena choked out.

" Shh..." Heero put his hand on her face and looked down at her tear-filled eyes. " Your wound, it..."

" Don't..." She sobbed, " I know...I just...don't want to hear it from you..."

"..." Heero looked down at the broken body, tears threatening to pour out.

" Relena." Heero let out as the sobs for her came. He held her closer to him, hoping it would keep her with him longer.

" Heero," she whispered in his ear, " I love you..."

Heero bent his head over hers and kissed her forehead. He could feel her smile weakly against him.

" I need to tell you, Relena, why I brought you..." Heero said in his sobs, " This is all my fault!"

" Tell me, Heero..." Relena said, still smiling.

" I love you Relena, I always have." Heero confessed.

" Thank you..." Relena said, bringing her hand up to Heero's face.

Heero took her hand in his and kissed it. It was obvious Relena was numb from the pain.

" Relena, please..." Heero pleaded.

" Don't worry, Heero..." Relena said.

Trowa watched, unbelievingly from his spot as the two shared a sweet kiss before Relena passed out.

The fidgeting man near Trowa began to sit up. Trowa just kicked him back down to the ground where the man hit his head and passed out again. He would be used for questioning later.

Trowa looked back over to Heero and Relena.

Heero had his face buried against Relena's neck, sobbing as he held her against him. Her cold, pale fingers were lying motionless against the ground.

A/N-
*sigh* I'm sorry...
1) for taking so long for this chapter.
2) for ending the chapter this way!
I'm so evil. Was that sad?