Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Nemesis ❯ Fighting the Darkness ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Nemesis

Disclaimer: Of course I own nothing to do with Gundam Wing or the Gundam Boys (but I can dream can't I?) all is not mine except for the character of Nemesis or any others that I put in that are not from the series (duh! right?)

Note: Be kind this is my first GW fanfic and I apologize before hand if anyone is out-of-character but I would love to hear you comments and critiques so here goes nothing.

AN:Someone reviewed!!! Yes after leaving everyone off on a *rather mean* cliffhanger I have decided that I should put up another chapter *go me* Thank you very much Platinum, and no I don't mind long reviews, I'm not picky ^^ Well, anyway onto the chapter.

"spoken"
'thought'
>communications unit>
(authors comments)

Chapter 6: Fighting the Darkness
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Flash back *13 year*

"Mama! Papa!" a young girl screamed as she watched the fires consume everything around her. THe light from the flames almost blinding, the heat untolerable. The child cowered, trying to hide from the bright heat, to find the cold darkness of shadows but there were none. As the flames moved closer, she continued to scream for help, for anyone to save her.

"Sir, someone's inside!" a voice yelled from somewhere, but the girl barely heard him, "Its a child." The man bent over and picked her up and carried her away, into the darkness.

*a few days later*

"She won't come out of there," said a young man in a lab coat as he lead another man to a closet. The girl he was talking about had locked herself inside. She was a survivor to one of many massacres. She was lucky, at least they thought so. She had made it through with only burns, most miner except one on her back. There there would always be a scar.

"Come on out young one," the older man said sweetly, as if to a grandchild, "You don't want to stay in the closet forever, now do you?"

"Yes!" she shouted back, the young man face-faulted.

"Why darling?" the older man continued.

"I like it here, its nice and dark," she told them calmly.

"Aren't you afraid a monster will come and get you?" the younger one asked, trying to scare her out.

"Darkness won't hurt me. There aren't any monsters in the dark," she said matter-of-factly and then continued, her tone twisted with sadness, "Its the light that hurts."

"Like a fire," the old man muttered in dispair.

"Yeah, the light burns people."

The older professor took the other man over, "Let her be. One can't rush her, she'll either stay in there or come out."

"But she could starve to death."

"So which is stronger? The fear or the instinct to survive? She'll come out everntually."

"What if she just goes back into the closet after she eats?"

"Then she's copping. Honestly, you youngsters are always worrying."

"Did we find out her name yet?"

"No most of the records were destroyed in the attack so for now I'm afraid she's just a Jane Doe."

"Another one?"

"Well if you want, go ahead and name her," and with that, the elder left.

"A name huh?" the young man wondered aloud, "why not...Judy."


*** (Now real life, I know I know *FINALLY*) ^^

The five young pilots looked at the girl, now know as Nemesis. The most formadable and leathle of assasins. No one would believe a young, 17 year old girl, could be so deadly, making this the most obvious disguis. They watched as she moved her hand to her lower back.

"One thing boys," she said slyly, shifting her weight.

"What?" Duo asked.

She pulled out the gun, her hand tight around teh handle and now pointing directly at Heero's face. "No one sees me and lives. But first, who are you? And how did you figure it out?"

"We're pilots too," Quatre said, "we were ordered to find you, we were told you would be coming here, from there we had to figure things out. Your the only student enrolled in the past three months who doesn't have her transfer records."

"So you have Gundams too?"

"Had," Heero corrected. She brought the gun down in shock.

"What do you mean, 'HAD'?! You destroyed them?! Five perfectly usable Gundams and you...you...killed them?!"

"Kill?" Wufei asked. Nemesis brought her gun bakc up, a strange glare on her face.

"Just like men, you use something and then when you don't need it anymore you kill it. I won't let you hurt her, I won't let you kill Nike!" she took the safety off of her weapon and pointed it to Heero, the leader she assumed.

"Hey!" yelled a voice on the otherside of the gym, scaring all 6 of them. A teenage boy started to run over, making all the others scatter. All thinking *This is not good*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well what'd u think? That is the question. I know half of it was a flashback but I couldn't help it, I like flashbacks (just ask anyone whose read my story 'The Final Blow' its in the original section, go check it out! Erm anyway enough of that. Hope you liked it and if you did just review, and if you didn't just review, and if you didn't read it...why would you be reading this?!
~seiryumiko or nike13 (whichever penname I'm using right now ^^;;)