Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Never Again ❯ Attack! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Never Again
By Pegasia Silverfeather
Chapter 6

The noises echoed. Heero sighed and walked into the bathroom. Relena was on her knees and hands, her blond hair hastely knotted out of her face. He looked as she racked while she emptyed her stomach.

Heero walked to her and put his hands on her lower back, messaging gently.

"Are you OK? Relena I'm sorry." He murmmered softly in her ear.

"Don't be. It's not like you gave me mono. Just a few added pounds and a current of stampeding hormones." She said slowly.

Heero smiled. "You know what's funny?"

Relena raised a brow in question.

"Our huge family." He said.

"Hardly! Me you and our baby doesn't count as huge." She said questioningly.

He raised his brows with a look of confusion. "Haven't you noticed? We are all family. Me, You, the baby, not to mention the guys." He laughed. "Did you know that Quatre has his sisters on extra sewing duty. Yet the clothes keep getting smaller and smaller. And Duo, jeeze man, Duo's got sympathy pains. He's in the hall right now moaning and groaning. It's rather funny really. I can tell you right now… The kid is never gonna go without. Not with 4, count them, 4 overprotective, overarmed, and big hearted uncles wrapped around its little finger." He shook his head. "Not to mention you. You've got 10 women nagging my ear off about being there. Not to mention threats of getting a particular part of my anatomy removed with" He hold out his fingers to count them off "A gun, a katana, daggers, ropes that one sounded especially painful, a scalpel, a saber if I left you. Duo even threatened to crucify me! Even worse he said it with a straight face and he wasn't drunk!"

This Relena smiled at. Duo, leave it to him to not just go medieval but biblical on Heero as well. The feeling of warmth filled her chest. For a slim moment she wasn't sure if it was another visit from lunch or that warm fuzzy feeling. Then it was clear. Over the gums and through the teeth. Look out lunch's breaking free!

Both Heero and Relena heard a loud moan come from the hall. Heero bit his lip in concentration trying not to laugh. Unfortunate that it never worked. Soon he was bent over in hysterical laughter.
Heero left to get Relena something to eat as she tidied herself.

As he was walking out of the room he saw Duo against the wall with his hand on his stomach. Heero shook his head. 'Poor guy, this is the repayment for being sympathetic? Or maybe it's pay back for everyone occasionally getting Bible thumped or, as he liked to call it "Touched by an Angel '

Either way Duo was groaning but something was wrong. Duo wasn't slumped over as if stricken sick. His hand was held tightly to his stomach. Shadow's covered him but Heero's eyes were keen.
"Duo! What happened?" He asked.

"Jack! I was questioning me and he stabbed me and got away." He looked up at Heero. "Heero, he's coming after you and Relena. I don't know how but he found out about the baby. Get out of here. Go! Run as far away as she can. Don't look back and don't stop running."

Heero looked up a dark shadow slowly sauntered down the hall. Heero ran into his room.

"Relena, it's time to brush up on your dashing out window skills. Jack's here." He yelled.

Relena came out cocking her guns. "Well then, I want to fight."

"Relena, he attacked Duo. He's outside of the hall. Do you really think that you stand a chance 5 months pregnant? No, he'll get you and the baby and I'll have to surrender. Then he'll kill us all." Heero said monotone.

"No! You said it yourself, Heero. This is our family! We can't just leave them. I don't abandon my friends. …Heero, I can't look my child in the eye and say that eleven of the people who loved them most were abandoned because I was afraid. No, Heero it's time you face him. You know it."
Heero was thoughtful for a split second. The loud racket of the door being knocked down interrupted his thoughts. He brought his eyes to the window. "I have a plan. Fallow me." The young man ordered. They got to the window.

"Ok, Relena, Go up first. Head for the roof and we'll attack him from the vent shafts." He said, "I'll be right behind you."

Relena stepped on the sill and turned her body till she could climb the escape stairs. Heero soon followed. As they finished climbing the first fleet of steps he pulled his gun out.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Burning bridges." He said and fired a shot in each of the main supports for the stairs below him. He watched as they crumbled to the ground with a clatter.

By the time he had continued up the stairs Heero noticed that a head was sticking out of the window. Jack brought his sandy blond hand out as well. Heero saw whom he was aiming at. and he raced in front of Relena. The shot was silenced and the only sounds were the sick thud as the bullet shot in his shoulder which was right in front of the back of Relena's head. He stumbled.
Relena shot around as she heard him gasped and watched helpless as her husband fell calmly down.

The blood spread like wildfire across the dark green tank top. He let out a muffled cry on impact. His hand still held his gun and he watched as Relena screamed but ran in the nearest window. 'Wise Relena. I knew you'd understand. This is what I want.' He slowly turned his head. Jack stood above him with the gun pointed at Heero's head.

Heero sighed. He feared not the man in front of him or death for that matter. Only one question tumbled through his mind. 'You promised not to leave her. Now fallow threw. Get up! Get up! Defeat him and save your family!' his mind chanted.

"What ever do I do?" Heero said sarcastically.

Jack stomped on Heero's shoulder, sending pain through out his arm and neck. "That, you ungrateful brat, is clear. Die." He said cocking the gun.

Suddenly two shots rung through the air. Blood splattered across Heero's face yet he did not feel pain. The body of the sinister man fell atop of him. Heero pushed it off and stood up. Looking down at the body Heero said two words. "JA NE!" He yelled looking up he saw Relena standing with both guns in targeting mode.

Relena ran through the building attic till she got to the ground floor. As she entered the hall she saw a trail of blood lead down the hall. As if the wounded person had been dragged. Relena raised her guns out in front of her as she followed the trail. It led to the Infirmary. She kicked open the door and with shocked eyes saw Duo slumped over his pale face resting in a thick pile of his own blood.

"Duo!" She yelled as she ran to him. Suddenly the door shut from behind her. She drew her guns. A figure stepped out of the dark shadows and cast a malevolent smile.

Relena gasped....
____________________________________________________________ ____________________Cliffhanger! Don't ya jus' hates me! Oh well. If you do or if you don't tell me! At
pegasi_silverfeather@hotmail.com