Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ OK, So You Have Skills... ❯ We Have a Problem... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I, sadly, don't own Gundam Wing no matter how much I want to. The bishounen aren't mine * sigh *. I love them anyway!
 
Warnings: OOCness, hurt Duo, blood, aftereffects of torture, language, implied shounen ai, mean people…it's not too bad, but leave if you don't like blood…yeah…
 
OK, So You Have Skills…
 
Chapter 1
 
They thrust Heero into the large, dark cell, quickly closing the door behind him. Heero looked at his cuffs and shrugged. He dislocated his thumbs and pulled his hands out easily. He sat down and looked around at the blank walls. In a particularly shadowy area of the cell, he thought he saw a flash of violet. Something seemed familiar…
 
He walked up to the area cautiously, but relaxed when he saw it was only Duo. The other pilot was chained to the wall. Not really chained…his restraints had no room for movement. The large metal cuffs had been welded to the metal wall. His arms were at right angles to his body and his ankles were shoulder-width apart. No wonder he hadn't picked the locks already. Duo's usual black clothes looked…darker in some spots.
 
The many jagged cuts in the pilot's clothes indicated he'd been beaten. Duo raised his head and Heero saw a flash of pain in the boy's eyes, quickly replaced by his normal, happy expression. His hair, usually braided, fell loosely about his face and shoulders.
 
“Hey, Heero! Haven't seen you in…” Duo scrunched his face in concentration, thinking hard.
 
“It's been a week since you botched your mission.” Heero said without emotion.
 
Duo's eyes got wider. “Really? Is that all?” he said, then mumbled, “seemed much longer…Anyway…could you help me out of these?” Duo asked, tossing his head at the cuffs on his arms.
 
“Why don't you just slip out?” Heero asked, wanting to sigh. Duo's eyes got dark and narrowed.
 
“I can't. Trust me, I can't.” he said in a low, almost growling voice. Heero blinked at his friend's uncharacteristic behavior. He sighed. Part of his mission was to rescue Duo, the baka. They needed him for a stealth mission. Badly. So he might as well help Duo sooner rather than later. He sighed again and inspected the restraints.
 
He knew at first glance that this would be harder than he'd thought. Normally he'd just blow up a lock this tough, but they needed Duo alive and whole, so that wouldn't work. He was starting to think of other ways to get the braided boy out, like ripping the cuffs off of the wall, when he heard Duo address him in his normal, irritatingly cheerful voice.
 
 
He wanted to laugh at Heero's confused look when he saw the complicated lock. To anyone else, Heero's expression would look the same. But Duo had been around the “Perfect Soldier” enough to know what he was thinking. That slight widening of his eyes had been surprise. The slight frown was discarding an idea. The slow shift from leg to leg was thinking. The poor guy was confused! Trying to keep the laughter out of his voice (and not succeeding very well), Duo said,
 
“I've got some picks by my left ear. Wanna give it a shot?” To Duo's horror and surprise, the “Perfect Soldier” said,
 
“I can't pick this. I don't think anyone can.”
 
Duo sighed. “Get the picks and I'll walk you through it.”
 
Heero paused, considering. Then he reached over and got the picks out of Duo's hair.
 
“OK, Heero. Take the longest, skinniest one and stick it in the third hole to the right…” Duo gave him precise instructions, but it still took the pilots two hours just to pick the lock on his left hand. When the lock finally openned with a faint click, they both sighed. Heero stepped back and started to turn away.
 
“Hold on! You're not done yet!” Duo sputtered. Heero turned around, eyes narrowed.
 
“You do the rest, hotshot.” Heero said quietly.
 
Duo sighed. “I will once you get me out of that one,” he said, using his head to indicate his left hand.
 
“I did…” Heero said, slightly bewildered.
 
“Open it.” Duo said simply.
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Thanks to my boyfriend for encouraging me to post this fic. I've had a lot of it written for a while now. I think it was the first GW fic I started.
 
Please review. Mean reviewers suck. I never write mean reviews, so I would prefer it if people who hate this would be nice and either don't say anything or be constructive in their criticism. A good way to help someone be a better writer is to encourage them. That's what I try to do and I appreciate it when others do the same.