Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ OK, So You Have Skills... ❯ The Nature of the Problem ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I, sadly, don't own Gundam Wing no matter how much I want to. The bishounen aren't mine * sigh *. I love them anyway!
 
Warnings: OOCness, hurt Duo, blood, aftereffects of torture, language, implied shounen ai, mean people…it's not too bad, but leave if you don't like blood…yeah…
 
OK, So You Have Skills…
 
Chapter 2
 
Heero walked up to his friend, curious. Did Duo just want to be babied or what? Surely he could just pull his arm out of the cuff now that it was unlocked, right? He opened it and stopped, staring.
 
“Thought they would be nice to a Gundam Pilot?” Duo asked, voice dripping with sarcasm and…self-hatred? Heero just stared at the metal spike that held his friend's arm to the wall, driven through the wrist.
 
“They beat me `til I passed out and I woke up when they were pushing my wrists onto the spikes. I tried not to struggle, but…” Heero just nodded, looking at the bloody mess. Then he grasped Duo's arm and yanked it off of the spike before Duo even had a chance to tense up. Duo cursed then breathed, sighing in contentment. Heero turned away and started walking, (probably pondering the cruelty of the prison system…). Then he heard what sounded like a sob from Duo.
 
 
Duo looked at his arm in disbelief. He couldn't move it. At all. It was just there. Limp. He'd flexed his hand and arm muscles over the past week, trying to keep them limber in case he got a chance to escape. But his arm wouldn't move. He felt tears of frustration well up in his eyes and a sob escaped him before he could stop it. He couldn't help it. The guards would be making their rounds in the next few hours (they only checked once or twice a day, since the locks were so tough and no one had ever even got out of one of them, even with help). Duo had regained his composure by the time Heero turned around.
 
 
Heero looked at Duo, whose eyes were wide in terror and suspiciously bright. He glanced at the boy's arm, hanging uselessly by his side.
 
“Let me help you,” he said quietly, grabbing Duo's arm and massaging the muscles. He was rewarded almost immediately by a slight spasm and a sigh of relief by Duo. He kept rubbing Duo's arm until the boy winced every time he pressed, but still didn't stop. He finally did when the braided boy pulled his arm away and said,
 
“Thank you, Heero. Can you hand me my picks, please?” in a subdued (for Duo) voice.
 
Heero bent down, picked up the lock picks and handed them to the thief silently. Duo put them in his mouth and grabbed them one at a time. He inserted them, twisted them, pulled them, jerked them, growled at them, and finally the lock came undone. Heero stared silently. It had taken Duo 10 minutes to pick the lock. With a wounded arm. When it had taken him two hours.
 
 
TBC…
 
Author's Note: Thanks to my boyfriend for encouraging me to post this fic. I've had a lot of it written for a while now. I think it was the first GW fic I started.
 
Please review. Mean reviewers suck. I never write mean reviews, so I would prefer it if people who hate this would be nice and either don't say anything or be constructive in their criticism. A good way to help someone be a better writer is to encourage them. That's what I try to do and I appreciate it when others do the same.
 
This is the quickest I've updated any of my fics. Mostly cause I like this fic and you guys seem to as well. Thanks!