Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I can't really stress this enough to you people. I own nothing, absolutely nothing. Well the plot line, but that's it. Oh and the dead characters and anyone else that never existed in the GW series.
 
Rating: Well thanks to Heero and his naughty mind in the last chapter, I guess the bar has finally risen. Though, I don't think anything more serious than heavy kissing for this chapter. Who knows with my mind?
 
Pairings: Well I guess 1x2, uh most likely 3x5, and...I don't know. I'll see what happens.
 
Author's Note: I'll dedicate this chapter to my reviewers and I give thanks to my angst muse...or as he calls himself...assistant; Jim. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to write the pain and suffering of poor Wufei, and later insights of Duo. Okay, go and read.
 
------------------------------
 
Wufei had spent half an hour in the shower, trying his best to scald the feel of Heero from his skin. He scrubbed his skin until it felt raw and burned under the hot water. That was a sign that he had done all he could to remove Heero's presence, but even though his skin was now red and Heero-free, there still was that dirty feeling. He figured it couldn't be helped. He was now dressed in sweat pants and a white t-shirt that had belonged to his father. Duo would most likely react to it, but he couldn't care less. The man had been his father, too. If Duo couldn't accept that they were related by blood, than to hell with him.
 
He looked to the mirror he was standing in front of and he found himself clutching the shirt, examining it in the reflection. It smelled like alcohol and tobacco, which he found weird. He never knew his father had smoked. Though, he did favor a pipe that his grandfather had given him. Wufei was soon staring himself in the face. He never stopped to think about it before, but he could see why Duo hated him so much. He looked so much like his mother; he was a male replica of the woman. Duo had hated her more than anything, but unlike his jackass of a brother, he had loved her. And now that she was gone, he missed her.
 
Tears formed in his eyes and Wufei tried to look away, but found that he couldn't. Other than a boy wallowing in sorrow, Wufei couldn't see what else was there. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he could see something worth looking at? He found that he couldn't, he only saw a boy. A lonely, broken boy with nothing left for him. Lifting the shirt he stared at the sickly bruises he had gotten the night before, after Duo and Heero had their nightly rendezvous. Heero had left when Duo remembered that his 'whore of a brother' had been in his bed partner's arms.
 
He was just happy that Duo was too sleepy to really care for a full fledge beating. So he got a few punches to the side and a few bruises. He was lucky that he had protected his face. He didn't know how he would have hid that from everyone's stares in school, especially Trowa's. Wufei found himself going back to the trip home with the green-eyed boy. It was surprising how easy it was to even talk to the boy. The bus ride had been even better. He found himself blushing as he found he had actually enjoyed how close Trowa and him had been. If he wasn't sure of his sexuality before, he was sure as hell now, and a lot more comfortable.
 
Hearing his bedroom door open, Wufei looked to see the reflection of Duo in the mirror. Violet eyes stared into the room, focusing intently onto the face that was mirrored. Feeling content when Wufei lowered his eyes as they met his, Duo stepped into the room, stopping at the state of his half-brother's dress. That t-shirt was his father's. Although it looked like any other damn t-shirt, he knew his father's t-shirt when he saw one. What the fuck was he doing with it? Was he intent on reminding Duo that they were unfortunately related by blood?
 
With his eyes still staring at the t-shirt, that looked oversized on Wufei's small frame, Duo walked towards the boy who only looked back into the mirror.
 
"What do you think you're doing?", he asked, standing only a foot or so away from the sloe-eyed boy.
 
Ebony eyes gazed into the mirror and into violet, hand letting the material of the shirt hide the proof of his hell-like life.
 
"Nothing.", he answered, his voice small.
 
"Noticing a few things are you?", Duo asked moving to Wufei's side, "Find anything worth searching for? I bet you didn't."
 
Taking a step away from Duo, Wufei broke the eye contact he held with the man.
 
"You want to know why?", Duo asked in amusement, "It's because you are nothing. Your mother was nothing, and you're nothing. You're just the result of a damn slut that couldn't keep her legs closed."
 
He stepped towards the boy that just moved from him moments before, and Duo grabbed him by the face, forcing him to look up into the mirror.
 
"I don't know what the fuck you were looking for before, but there's nothing there.", Duo growled through clenched teeth, grip tightening on the boy's jaw, "Tell me what you see Wufei. What the fuck do you see?"
 
Closing his eyes to avoid his threatening tears from falling, Wufei pulled his face free from Duo's grip, only to have it caught in a much harder grip.
 
"Don't try to run.", Duo said, turning Wufei's face to his, then back at the mirror, "Open you're fucking eyes and tell me what you see!"
 
Feeling a lump make its way to his throat, Wufei sighed as he slowly opened his eyes. What did he see? He didn't know anymore.
 
"I don't know."
 
"How the fuck can you not know?!", Duo cried, making the boy whimper in protest, "Stop acting stupid and just fucking tell me what you fucking see!"
 
Looking at himself in the mirror, Wufei swallowed.
 
"Nothing.", he whispered, feeling relief when Duo released his hold on him.
 
"And that's all you'll ever amount to. Now get your ass downstairs. Heero finished cooking since your lazy ass decided to run off from your work."
 
Watching as Duo left his room, Wufei looked back into his mirror at himself, watching as tears stained his cheeks. He brought a hand up to the cold glass, slowly tracing it over his reflection.
 
"Nothing.", he whispered, before turning and slowly walking out of his room towards the kitchen.
 
------------------------------
 
After suffering through twenty five minutes with Duo and Heero at the dinner table, Wufei found himself back in his room, staring up at the ceiling as he lay on his bed. It wasn't exciting but it passed the time. And luckily for him, Duo and Heero had decided to have sex downstairs. Unfortunately, it reminded him that he'd have to sit on the couch they were using afterwards. Hopefully they actually cleaned up after themselves. Rolling onto his stomach, Wufei rested his chin down onto folded arms, eyes staring at the carpeted floor in thought. Thinking about what? He'd have to figure that out. Before he could even try, the phone rang. Knowing there was no way in hell that Duo would get it, he sat up, reaching for the cordless phone resting on his side table.
 
"Hello?", he answered.
 
"Wufei?"
 
His eyes widened at the recognition of the voice and Wufei forced his voice to answer after going speechless.
 
"Yeah.", he somewhat squeaked, groaning at how stupid he must sound.
 
"It's Trowa.", the person revealed.
 
"I know.", he said laying back down, "Before this conversation can go any further, how exactly did you get this number?"
 
Hearing the boy on the other end chuckle, Wufei practically melted at the sound. He didn't want to say he had a crush on this guy.
 
"Let's just say I have connections."
 
"So, why'd you call?", he pondered.
 
"I kind of need the chemistry homework.", Trowa answered him.
 
"Oh.", Wufei said, feeling somewhat crestfallen, "It's-"
 
"Actually, would you like to hang out with me tomorrow?", Trowa cut him off.
 
Wufei froze for a moment, before he was sitting up on his bed. He didn't know what to say. He'd decline but he wasn't sure he wanted to.
 
Wufei?", Trowa's voice interrupted, "Are you still there?"
 
"Sure, I'll hang with you.", he answered after some time.
 
"Good. The mall at noon, then?", the smile on his face was practically heard on his voice.
 
"Sure.", Wufei agreed.
 
"So, I see you then.", Trowa said in parting.
 
"Yeah, I'll see you then.", Wufei promised.
 
As he hung up the phone, Wufei felt himself fall back onto his bed. From the weird feeling of his face, he could tell that he was grinning like an idiot. It had been a while since that had happened, and it hurt just a little, but he didn't care. The hottest guy he knew, since he moved here at least, had just asked to hang out with him. Sure it was most likely with other people, but who cared? He also didn't care that he was probably acting like a giddy teenage girl either. Nothing could ruin his mood right now.
 
"What the hell are you so happy about?"
 
Well there had to be something. Sitting up, his grin completely gone, Wufei's stomach clenched at the sight of the Japanese man in his room.
 
"What do you want?", he asked, turning his attention elsewhere.
 
"Just came to check on you.", Heero said walking closer.
 
Feeling the man creep closer, Wufei felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.
 
"I don't need to be checked on.", he said looking up into colbat eyes, "I'm fine."
 
The older man on the bed, Heero watching as Wufei got up, backing away a few steps.
 
"Wufei.", he said with a smirk, "I'm not going to try anything. I was just downstairs with your brother. It's okay to sit next me."
 
"I feel like standing.", Wufei said, arms hugging himself to hide his trembling, "I just had to stretch my legs."
 
Heero could talk and say whatever he wanted. Wufei did not want to even be this close to the man. After last night, he didn't want to even think what could happen if he was in a vulnerable position like that again.
 
"So who called?", Heero asked, lying back onto the boy's bed.
 
Wufei's eyebrow raised in question, taking a cautious step back.
 
"It's none of your business."
 
At the defensive words, Heero sat up with a sigh.
 
"First off, Fei-"
 
"Don't call me that!", Wufei cried, cutting the man off.
 
That was the nickname his parents used, no one else.
 
"Okay, Wufei then. First, it's okay, you can sit on the bed; it's yours.", Heero said, standing and dragging a tense Wufei back to the bed, "And second, sorry to intrude on you. I won't ask anymore questions about your personal life."
 
Wufei sat stiffly on the edge of the bed, eyes transfixed across the room. He tried to reason with his own mind that was basically screaming "danger". He didn't know what Heero would try, or even when. All he knew is that he didn't want it to happen.
 
"So, what was school like today?", Heero's voice said from behind him.
 
When the hell had he reached there?
 
"I thought you said you weren't going to ask questions?", Wufei asked him.
 
"I'm just asking about your day. I didn't know it was that personal to you."
 
"Well it is.", Wufei snapped back, feeling the mattress underneath him sink lower as Heero came closer.
 
"I'm sorry.", the man said, his hands now on Wufei's shoulders, "No need to bite my head off."
 
Wufei tensed further as Heero's hands touched his shoulders, ebony eyes widening as he tried to get up, but the grip grew tighter to hold him there.
 
"I'm sorry about earlier.", Heero continued to apologize in a low voice, making Wufei shudder, "I didn't mean to scare you or anything."
 
The boy's small form went stiff as he felt Heero's chest pressed against his back and suddenly he felt his hair fall from its tight ponytail. What did he ever do to deserve this? He felt his stomach knot as Heero smelled his hair. If he liked the way his damn shampoo smelled, why the hell didn't he just go buy himself a bottle of it?
 
“If you want, I can make it up to you.", Heero whispered, sending a kiss to the nape of Wufei's neck, "Besides, Duo left-"
 
"Please get out.", Wufei begged, voice shaking, "I really don't want company right now. I'm tired and I have homework."
 
With a scoff, Heero let go of Wufei, climbing off of the bed.
 
"No problem.", he said walking out of the room, "I'm downstairs if you need anything."
 
Watching the man disappear from the doorway, Wufei let go the breath he hadn't even known he'd been holding. Heero was becoming much more forward. Who knew what he would do next? Not wanting to guess, Wufei laid back onto his bed, burying himself under the blankets. The sooner he went to sleep, the sooner it was tomorrow. Lucky for him, he wouldn't be in the house.
 
------------------------------
 
Jumping off of the bus, Wufei looked over at the mall that Trowa was supposedly meeting him in. It was big. Not the biggest he'd ever been to, but it was big enough to most likely get lost in. He heard the bus take off and he started his walk towards the mall's entrance. It didn't take him too long to reach, walking inside and scanning over the hundreds of people that rushed past. Besides school, there was never a time when he was around so many people. So in this scenario, he found himself growing somewhat nervous. How in the world was he going to find Trowa, one person, in a hundred?
 
"Wufei!"
 
Of course, Trowa could always find him; that made sense. Turning to see Trowa coming in his direction, he felt his nervousness reside. He found himself smiling, eyes catching sight of the girl walking beside him, but they were quickly diverted to the green eyes that were located in front of him.
 
"Hey, I thought you'd ditched me.", Trowa said, making Wufei shake his head.
 
"No, I had some last minute errands to run at home.", he told him with a shrug.
 
Duo had made him clean his room, that was clean to begin with, and the rest of the house. That had taken him a few hours. He hadn't reached the mall until half past two.
 
"Well you made it.", Trowa said, attention going to the girl next to him, "This is Catherine by the way, my annoying older sister."
 
Wufei turned to look at the girl, hand going out to shake hers.
 
"It's nice to meet you, Catherine."
 
The girl smiled, eyes looking Wufei up and down.
 
"So you're Wufei?", she asked hand crossing over her chest, "I've heard a lot about you for someone who just started school two days ago. You wouldn't believe how much Trowa-"
 
"Catherine, por favor no me avergüenza."[1], Trowa interrupted, making Catherine look up at him.
 
"Trowa no need to use Spanish we know English, too.", she said turning back to Wufei, "As I was saying-"
 
"Look a shoe sale.", Trowa announced, diverting her attention.
 
"Really? I have to go!", Catherine cried running off, "It was nice meeting you, Wufei!"
 
Watching the girl disappear, Wufei turned to Trowa, who only smiled down at him.
 
"There was no shoe sale was there?", he asked, watching Trowa smirk.
 
"Unless you want her to catch up to us, I suggest we start walking."
 
Following the banged-boy, Wufei fell silent, not really knowing what to say.
 
"Where to first?", Trowa asked, looking to the boy next to him.
 
Wufei's eyes caught sight of a bookstore. That may not have been the first store for a teenaged boy to visit, but for Wufei it was. A bookstore was a haven to him. They held one of the only forms of his escape. Looking up at Trowa, he felt the boy grab his hand, making his eyes widen in disbelief.
 
"Come on.", Trowa said dragging him in the direction of the store, "I'm not going to tease you about it. Besides, I could use some reading material myself."
 
With a nervous laugh, Wufei slipped his hand from Trowa's as they reached inside the store. His heart was pounding as he looked down at his hand that felt as if it were tingling. Was that a good thing? Was he becoming paralyzed in his hand or something? No wait; if he was going paralyzed he wouldn't be feeling anything. Maybe…
 
"You blank out a lot don't you?", Trowa asked looking back at Wufei, who now stood a few feet behind him, "What has you so deep in thought?"
 
Watching as the smaller boy blushed, Trowa found himself inwardly smirking. Who'd have guessed he looked so cute when he blushed. It wasn't everyday that Trowa found someone he actually found himself liking. This was definitely not one of the few, but when of the first. Well, all his last relationships had been with girls, although he did find his interest happened to go both ways. Yet, he couldn't find himself thinking of anything else but the Chinese boy in the three days he'd come.
 
It wasn't known to Wufei but he had seen the boy the day before he met him in the gym. Call it luck that he happened to be hanging with some friends when a car with the boy located inside drove by. He even remembered making his team lose the basketball game he was playing. He was too busy staring in the direction of the car even way after it drove off. If he was lucky enough, maybe Wufei had an interest in him, and just maybe he'd have a chance with him.
 
"So, what do you want to look for?", Trowa asked, only to find that Wufei was no longer there.
 
The dark-haired boy was already off in a corner, face showing interest in a novel he was already partway through. Smiling to himself, Trowa made his way over, seating himself next the boy and grabbing whatever book his hand touched on the way. From the curiosity and look of enjoyment on the boy's face, Trowa figured it was better to just leave him. He'd let Wufei read until he was ready to go elsewhere. It didn't matter; he had "The Joys of Sex" to interest him. He rolled is eyes as he realized his bad luck with his random choice of reading material. Oh well, it was better then nothing.
 
------------------------------
 
Finishing off the last chapter of the book, Wufei looked up to see a sleeping Trowa, multiple books surrounding him. The book in his lap made Wufei raise an eyebrow in question. Tapping the boy awake, Wufei grinned as the older teen mumbled something in Spanish with a stretch. That made the boy's shirt raise a little and Wufei couldn't help bet take a look at the abs that were revealed. Although he did see Trowa shirtless more than once, he couldn't help but sneak a peek when the opportunity presented itself.
 
"I'm sorry I took so long that you fell asleep.", he apologized, helping Trowa to stand.
 
Trowa shook his head with a smirk.
 
"No problem, I was occupied with 'How to Give Natural Birth'.”, Trowa assured him, his eyebrow rising at the title of the book, “Interesting, I don't remember picking it up."
 
Looking up at the book Wufei held in his hand, Trowa pointed to it.
 
"Are you going to buy it?", he asked, making Wufei look down at it.
 
"I want to read it again", Wufei admitted with a nod.
 
"Again?", Trowa questioned, replacing the book in his hand.
 
"I finished it.", Wufei said with smirk, Trowa chuckling.
 
"Wow. How long have we been here? How about we go pay for it and then go get something to eat. If you like, maybe you'd be able to come by my house for a while."
 
Nodding, Wufei started towards the cash register, Trowa alongside with him.
 
"I don't know about going to your house. I have to get home.", he told him.
 
With Trowa's eyes dulling just a little, Wufei frowned.
 
"I'm willing to take your offer on the food.", he quickly put in.
 
Trowa smiled, taking the book and placing it on the counter. He stopped Wufei before the boy could place any money down.
 
"It's on me.", he said paying the woman and handing the book to Wufei, "Now let's go eat. Is pizza okay?"
 
Chuckling, Wufei nodded.
 
"Pizza's great."
 
------------------------------
 
Wufei found himself laughing and talking like a normal teenager while he and Trowa ate. He also found that it was a feeling that he liked. The only thing on his mind was what was happening then and there. Duo and his beatings weren't even a thought. Even Heero and his molestations were in a far corner of his mind, locked away for the time being. Of course, sooner or later they had to leave the mall. Trowa had babysitting to do, and Wufei without even realizing it had stayed out way past his curfew. Of course he didn't tell Trowa that he was supposed to be home by six. Any normal teenager could stay out way after the sun set. However, with a drug induced brother and his annoying boyfriend, six wasn't too early a time. If it were up to Duo, he probably would be in the house doing every single thing for him, especially the wonderful part of being a moving punching bag.
 
"Hey.", a voice called making him look up at Trowa.
 
When they boarded the bus, there was only one seat left in the back and Trowa had given it to Wufei, opting to stand in front of the boy. If Wufei thought that Trowa was tall when he was standing, in a position like this Trowa seemed like a giant. Or maybe he was just short?
 
"Are you sure you don't want me to walk with you?", Trowa asked, bringing Wufei from his thoughts again, "My stop's up next."
 
"I'll be fine.", Wufei said, not believing the statement at all, "My house is just a few blocks away from my stop. And I made friends in the neighborhood already; I can go to them if anything."
 
Looking down at the boy doubtfully, Trowa stared at the face deeply. He had the sudden urge to kiss the boy goodbye, but how would Wufei react to that? Whatever friendship he was building, he didn't want to lose it with something as stupid as kiss.
 
"This is your stop.", Wufei reminded him softly, smiling up at Trowa.
 
The Latino boy found his heart racing. He had it bad for the smaller boy and he knew it. He only met him two days ago, and already he'd be willing to do anything for this boy.
 
"The bus is going to drive off.", Wufei warned, pushing Trowa towards the back exit of the bus, "Go home, I'll be fine."
 
Nodding, Trowa started to make his way off the bus.
 
"I'll call you!", he cried before jumping off the bus and watching it drive off.
 
Turning away, he made his way towards home. He knew Wufei would be the only thing on his mind for the rest of the night.
 
------------------------------
 
The sound of glass breaking was Wufei's greeting as he made his way into the front door. He wasn't sure if he even wanted to know what broke. He just wanted to lock himself away in his room and just hope that Duo was too high or too drunk, or even too caught up in sex to remember that he hadn't been in the house for most of the day. Walking past the kitchen to the stairs, his curiosity was satisfied as he saw his brother laid out on the kitchen table, Heero over him. The shattered glass on the floor proved to be the source of the sound when he first entered the house. His eyes lifted back to the two who were caught in a kiss that made him blush, even though his stomach curled. He figured now was a good time as any for him to sneak by without them noticing. Of course when Duo was angry, which he must have been, Wufei was always easy to find or catch. Wufei stopped as his name was yelled, hearing footsteps start to rush towards him.
 
Turning around to face his brother, he gave out a cry of pain as a fist made connection with his jaw. The force of the blow knocked him to the floor, and he looked up only to have the bottom of a boot kick him in his jaw again. Now with pain searing through his face, Wufei tried to suppress a sob, only to get a kick to the side that made him cry out.
 
"Where the fuck have you been!", Duo yelled over Wufei's sobs, "Why the fuck are you home so late!"
 
Red-rimmed eyes glared down at the still sobbing boy, and anger flashed even more in there violet depths.
 
"Get up!", he yelled dragging the boy up by his hair, hand tightly pulling it, threatening to rip it out by the roots.
 
Pushing the boy into the kitchen, Duo let him go, his brother falling into the table. Tear-filled eyes looked up to catch colbat blue as they stared back at him in slight amusement.
 
"Duo, maybe you should let him at least speak.", Heero suggested, his voice stopping a punch that was headed to the still sobbing boy's ribs.
 
"He doesn't want to speak!", Duo cried sending the punch, Wufei crumpling to the tiled floor in a heap, "He won't say anyway. And if he did, he'd probably be lying."
 
Heero stood from his seat, walking over to the braided man that sent another kick to the boy's side. It aroused him when Duo got this angry. And looking at the broken form of the boy on the ground, he found that a helpless Wufei aroused him even more. Pressing against the braided man, Heero made his current state known, arms wrapping around the man from behind. With his body still tense with anger, Duo tried to push the Japanese man away from him, but failed when Heero's mouth started teasing at his neck.
 
"I'm not done with him yet.", Duo objected shakily, his hand reaching up to run through Heero's hair.
 
Heero turned Duo towards him and their lips met, Heero's tongue quickly intruding Duo's mouth in a forceful and breathtaking kiss. Kissing back just as forcefully, Duo stopped as sobs caught his ear. He looked over to his still sobbing brother, scoffing in disgust.
 
“Get your ass off of the fucking floor.", he ordered, starting to walk out the room with Heero, "I'm going upstairs. We'll be expecting dinner when we come back."
 
A tear streaked face looked up to watch the two leave, lowering once they were gone. He was becoming dizzy and Wufei tried his best to lose the feeling, but only found it grew worse with each passing moment. He tried to stand when he heard the phone ring, but before he knew it, he hit the floor as he fell into unconsciousness for the third time that week.
 
T.B.C.
 
[1] Trowa said this: "Catherine, please don't embarrass me." No, I don't know if I'm right, I got it translated on a translator. I speak only English and understand two words of Creole.
 
Tada! I don't know what this was. It was a chapter of course. Oh well. Uh…reviews. Tell me what you would like to see. I'm open for suggestions; any suggestions. Just as long as they don't hurt my pride and/or confidence, I'll be fine. Well, ciao for now.