Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine, except the plot and OCs.
 
Rating: In this chapter, who knows? An over all NC-17, though.
 
Pairings: 1x2, 3x5. Who knows what else I'll put in there?
 
Author's Note: Nothing special. Just was in the mood to write another chapter to this fic. I am dedicated to actually finishing this one.
 
------------------------------
 
Wufei greeted the woman at the desk as he stepped into the main office. She offered him a smile as she looked up, before returning to her phone conversation. Walking past, he made his way towards the door that led him to the guidance counselor. His hand paused mid-reach, and he stared at the door as if he could see inside if he kept at it. His hand rose to his head and he winced as his fingers brushed over the bruise on his temple. Three weeks ago, when he walked in with a black eye, he was surprised that Quatre took his excuse for getting into a fight. After he had come in late from his time with Trowa, Duo had beaten him into unconsciousness. So naturally the marks would have brought up questions from his counselor, but he never once tried to see if he was lying about his answer.
 
Quatre trusted that he was telling the truth. Wufei had never had that before, so he found himself scared. Scared of what? Maybe that he'd found someone who actually cared. To push, yet not force him. Scared of what the man would think if he knew. Now breathing with shuddering breaths, Wufei decided that he couldn't face Quatre today. Maybe he couldn't even face him next week either? Before Wufei could even move, the door opened and ebony eyes met blue-green. Wufei almost jumped back when Quatre's hand rose toward him. When you live with a man who raises his hand at you for one purpose, you tend to get jumpy. Quatre's hand rested on the bruise, quickly pulling back when Wufei protested with a whimper.
 
"For heaven's sake, Wufei.", he muttered pulling Wufei into the office, "Not another fight."
 
Wufei was seated in the chair in front of the desk, and before he could even protest, Quatre left and returned with a first aid kit.
 
"I know I can't help much now, but I can try and do something."
 
Grabbing a tube from the small kit, Quatre squeezed the ointment onto his fingers, before smoothing it over the bruise on the boy's head. The boy's wince wasn't missed and he mumbled apologies, placing more ointment on a smaller bruise that rested on Wufei's cheek.
 
"What is this?", Wufei asked as the man started to close the tube, reaching for a bandage.
 
"It's an ointment.", he answered, finishing on treating his patient, "It's helps it go away faster. And if there's swelling, it helps it go down."
 
Standing, he cupped Wufei's face by his chin, angling it to check for other bruises he might have missed.
 
"Was it the same person?", Quatre asked letting go of Wufei's face, walking over to his chair.
 
Wufei watched the man sit, before nodding his head and looking down into at his hands. He heard Quatre sigh, and it made him look up to see the man staring back at him with concern. Why did this man insist on trying to help? Quatre silently observed the boy seated in front of him. It surprised him that Wufei actually came to his weekly visits with him. Others just like him never returned for the second visit, most likely stating that his help wasn't wanted. Wufei was different, he knew something was wrong. He was probably having trouble at home, but Quatre wanted him to tell him that. And he most definitely wasn't stupid. He knew that the boy wasn't getting into fights, there was a reason but he didn't want to jump to conclusions.
 
"Why don't you tell your parents about this person?", he asked, breaking the silence that had taken over the room, "I'm sure these fights would stop if you told them about it."
 
Catching the short flash of emotion on Wufei's face at the mention of parents, Quatre grew curious. Why did the subject of parents seem like a touchy subject?
 
"Wufei?", he called catching the boy's attention, "Why won't you tell them?"
 
"I can't!", Wufei hissed, catching the man by surprise.
 
He hadn't expected that. Well it was expected, but it still caught him by surprise.
 
"I'm sorry.", he quickly apologized, "I pushed and I shouldn't have."
 
"It's your job.", Wufei muttered, trying to stop his voice from cracking but failing, "You're supposed to find out from me about my parents. You don't know anything about them."
 
Seeing the boy's shoulders start to shake as he lowered his head, Quatre stood making his way in front of the chair, kneeling on the floor. A sob escaped from Wufei and Quatre pulled the boy towards him, hearing his sobs grow louder. Now he was really curious. What caused Wufei to get so emotional about his parents? Did they do something to him? Did he even live with them? Whispering soothing words to the boy, Quatre let him cry on his shoulder. Most likely the reason to Wufei's performance lied with his parents. A few minutes later, he had managed to calm the Chinese teen down.
 
"Do you want to talk about it?", he whispered, smoothing back an escaping strand of hair from Wufei's constricting ponytail, "I understand if you don't. Whatever the problem is, talking about it helps."
 
Wufei didn't answer. He only sat watching the carpeted floor with red, puffy eyes. Sighing, Quatre went to stand but was stopped by Wufei's voice.
 
"My parents…"
 
Swallowing, the lump in his throat, the ebony haired boy tried again. He didn't know why he just went through an emotional breakdown, but he noticed he'd been doing that a lot lately. So he almost expected it when Quatre brought up the subject of his parents. Maybe talking about it would help him ease the pain. Maybe even a little.
 
"My parents are dead.", Wufei managed, his voice sounding nearly hoarse, "That's why I won't tell them, I can't."
 
"I see. How'd they die? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
 
"I can tell you.", Wufei said taking a deep breath, "My mom...she committed suicide when I was ten. I don't think she was happy. We weren't exactly prosperous or what not. And my father, he used to drink...a lot. He died of alcohol poisoning and a heart attack. Now I live with my older brother and his boyfriend. We only moved here because he says we couldn't afford the house back in Illinois anymore."
 
Nodding, Quatre went to speak but was cut short by the bell. He watched Wufei stand and he stood with him, walking the boy to the door.
 
"I'm glad we got to talk about this, Wufei. I hope we can talk some more come next Friday."
 
Nodding, Wufei said his good bye before rushing out of the office.
 
------------------------------
 
"Chang, you're up!"
 
Snapping out of whatever thought he was lost in, Wufei looked up at his gym teacher.
 
"I'm what?", he asked, he hadn't really heard what the man said.
 
The teacher only rolled his eyes, throwing the ball at Wufei, who caught it before standing up.
 
"I said you're up.", he repeated, "You think you can handle basketball?"
 
Wufei nodded and stood to make his way onto the court, his teacher slapping him on the back in a proud manner.
 
"Good.", he said pointing towards one of the teams, "You're with Barton over there. You okay with that?"
 
Shrugging, he slowly trudged over to the center of the gym where the game was set up. He didn't exactly know what to do. Basketball was a game he only played once in a blue moon; he wasn't very good at it. Maybe if he faked an injury he-
 
"Wufei."
 
Trowa was looking down at him, having interrupted the boy's thoughts.
 
"Are you okay?", the boy asked resting a hand on Wufei's shoulder, "You can sit this one out if you want."
 
Wufei handed the basketball to the taller boy.
 
"I think I will.", he accepted the offer.
 
"Hey, Wufei.", Trowa called stopping the boy before he could walk away, "After school?"
 
Shrugging again, Wufei turned and made his way back to the bleachers to watch as the game started.
 
------------------------------
 
School finished faster than usual and Wufei couldn't decide if that was a good or bad thing. He knew Trowa would be looking for him. What for? Who knew? He just couldn't face a lot of people these days, Trowa happened to be one of them. He had managed to sneak away from school hiding in the crowd, but how long could he avoid him?
 
"You're avoiding me aren't you?", a voice asked from behind him.
 
As he turned to face who had approached him, he looked up into green eyes that looked back at him. He didn't say anything, he only continued walking with the Latino boy now at his side.
 
"Can you at least answer me?", Trowa asked stopping the boy and turning him to face him, "I've been trying to catch up and talk with you for three weeks now. Three weeks. What's wrong with you?"
 
"Nothing's wrong with me.", Wufei lied, trying to turn away
 
"Then why are you dodging me?", Trowa pushed, preventing Wufei from doing such.
 
"I'm not dodging you.", the Chinese boy argued.
 
"Then what is it? Did I say or do something wrong the Saturday we went to the mall?", the taller boy kept trying.
 
"I have to go.", Wufei announced, not ready to be confronted.
 
"Will you just stop and talk to me?! If I did or said something to make you act this way then what was it? I try to ask you in school and you just change the subject or walk away. I can't call you; you always have 'something to do'. I'm just trying to be a friend and you're pushing me away."
 
"If you want to be my friend, then just back off and leave me the hell alone!", Wufei shouted, pulling free from Trowa's hold.
 
Wufei tried to walk off but Trowa stepped in front of him, grabbing him roughly by the shoulders.
 
"Listen to me.", Trowa said in a low voice that made Wufei shudder, "I know something's wrong. I know I shouldn't care, we barely know each other, but I do. I didn't mean to get you angry or tick you off. It's just that you were laughing and talking with me one day and then, boom, you're a completely different person. It kind of scared me. I like you Wufei; I don't want to see you like this."
 
He let go of the boy, patiently waiting for him to say something, anything. Wufei on the other hand was shocked. He was surprised when he had grabbed him like that, didn't know what to expect. And then somewhere in the midst of his speech, he said that he liked him. Liked him how?
 
"You like me?", Wufei asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
Trowa, now caught off guard, found himself unsure of what to say. Clearing his throat he shrugged, before nodding his head.
 
"You know as a friend.", he muttered, hand reaching up to scratch behind his head, "And maybe even a little more."
 
Smiling, Wufei turned to walk the rest of the way to the subway station, before turning back to the boy that walked behind him.
 
"What would you say if I said I liked you maybe more then a friend, too?"
 
Trowa shrugged, still at a loss for words.
 
"I don't know. Do you like me more then a friend?", he tried to find out.
 
Turning away, Wufei made his way down the stairs into the subway.
 
"Maybe.", he called back, "How about we head to your house?"
 
Smiling, Trowa made his way down, catching up with the Asian teen.
 
------------------------------
 
Violet eyes slowly opened, gathering in their surroundings. From the feel of the bed and the recognizable crack in the ceiling, Duo could tell he was in his bedroom. How did he get there, was the question that lingered in his mind. As he sat up, the dull pain in his posterior couldn't go unnoticed. The mystery had been solved. Rubbing his eyes with the balls of his hands, he let them drop down, before gazing around the room. It was spinning and from the light headed feeling he had, he could tell he was feeling the after effects of whatever Heero had let him smoke. Looking to the other side of the bed, he found it empty. Leave it up to Heero to fuck and run. He'd be back, he always came back. He glanced over to the digital clock on his dresser, barely making out the time. He was unsure if it was even still afternoon, but judging from the voices of passing children, the schools were still letting out.
 
Well this was great. That meant his little bitch of a brother would be home soon. To tell the truth, he couldn't care less if the boy came home or not. It was one less mouth to feed. Standing up, he stretched feeling the loose strands of his hair tickle his naked backside. He needed a shower and a lot of aspirin. Alcohol and laced marijuana did not mix. Stumbling outside of the room, he held onto the wall for a guide to the bathroom. For his drug induced body, it was a hard task at the moment. By the time he reached inside the bathroom, he collapsed inside the shower, chest rising and falling in an attempt to gather as much air as possible. Looking up at the shower head, he blinked to try and clear his head as it seemed to sway.
 
"Heero and his fucking drugs.", he muttered forcing himself to stand.
 
Shaky hands reached for the knobs to turn on the shower. He missed them a couple of times before finally grabbing hold of them, sighing when warm water made its way down his body. He stood under the shower, hands against the tiled wall in front of him, hair now soaked completely. He did nothing but stare ahead, head still spinning. He found the drugs weren't doing their work. They were supposed to take away pain, make you feel free, make everything better. All they seemed to do was add more pain. What kind of fucked up shit was that? Maybe he needed to try something new? And he knew no matter how much Heero tried and convinced him, he was not going to try heroine. That shit would fuck him up worse then what he was on now.
 
Running a hand through wet bangs, Duo reached for the shampoo bottle, swearing when it dropped to the floor of the tub. He bent to pick it up and he felt himself grow dizzy, causing him to quickly straighten himself. His head seared with pain, his fingers clutching onto the shampoo bottle for dear life, his knuckles going completely white. As it subsided he continued on with his task of bathing, oblivious to exactly how long he was taking in there. When he finally stepped out, he made his way to the medicine cabinet, ripping open the mirrored door.
 
His hands frantically searched for the bottle of Tylenol, not caring about other bottles he knocked over into the sink in the process. He sighed in relief as his eyes came in contact with the familiar brand of aspirin and he ripped the top open, stray capsules falling to the tile floor. Not even bothering to glance at them, he raised the bottle to his mouth swallowing what felt like two pills. He closed it with another sigh, placing it back in the medicine. His eyes took in the mess that was now present, but he shrugged it off. He'd make Wufei clean it later. His lazy ass needed to do something anyway.
 
A few minutes later, he found himself dressed and downstairs in the living room, eyes glued to some TV show he'd stumbled across. He glanced at the time, and grumbled under his breath. Heero usually came back at this time. The fucker was probably off getting high with his new friends he made in the neighborhood. So Duo was pretty pissed. His drug supply wasn't here and his stupid ass brother didn't seem to want to leave school. So there went his option of taking out his anger on something he hated; stupid fuck of a brother. Why the hell had his father decided to fuck the Chinese bitch anyway? Wasn't he happy with his mother? Didn't he even think twice about the family he was already with? He just up and slept with the bitch, and on top of that, got the whore pregnant. Most likely she planned for it to happen.
 
It had to be a way for his father to stay with her, a way to get his mother to kill herself. It's not everyday a five year old walks in his parents' room to see his mother hanging from the ceiling fan. Duo glared as he remembered his father bringing Jin Li into their house. She didn't belong there, his mother did. He especially despised when his father showed him a baby that was supposed to be his brother. He didn't believe it then, and he wouldn't believe it now. That baby was the reason his mother hanged herself, and when his mother died the beatings got worse.
 
"It was all his fault.", he growled to himself, eyes watering with tears, "All his fucking fault!"
 
He turned off the TV, flinging the remote aside. Both hands ran through his bangs, and he closed his eyes to stop himself from crying. He couldn't seem to clear his mind of his mother, however. He had always had drugs, sex, and recently, booze to take his mind off of her. When he was younger he had the hobby of getting his stepmother beaten to occupy him. Even torturing Wufei took his mind off of the woman. Now that he was alone in the house, he kept having memories of her. The last words he remembered her telling him was, 'I love you Duo. I wish I could have taken you away from all this.' He didn't even know what she meant then, now it was obvious.
 
His father had gotten worse after her death and even worse after Jin Li died. He was beaten almost every night, Wufei somehow avoided most of them, but Duo had done his father's work for him. The little fuck wasn't going to escape getting the shit beat out of him. He never remembered his mother being hit, but he always saw evidence. His mother never really tried to hide anything. The marks and bruises were left in the open. She didn't care most likely. He had hated his father for it when he was younger, and still hated him for it. However, he was his father. There were rare moments when he actually acted like one.
 
As if it weren't enough he had killed his mother, Wufei had to go kill his fucking father too. The little bitch had one hell of a beating that night. It almost came to the point that he had to drag Wufei to the hospital. He didn't want to risk getting questioned, so he kept the little fuck home and just waited for him to come to. The son of bitch was much stronger then he appeared to be and Duo found himself glaring at nothing at the thought of that.
 
Hearing the front door open, he looked out into the hall. He was expecting Heero but was hoping differently. He wanted Wufei to come through that door. He needed to take his mind off of his thoughts, and he needed to get rid of some excess anger. He heard Heero's voice and he flung himself back onto the couch, a scowl taking his face. He surprisingly didn't want to have sex. He wouldn't mind the drugs though. That is if Heero had brought any home.
 
"Since when did you start doing something besides sleeping?", Heero asked crossing the distance from the entrance of the living room and the couch.
 
Seating himself next to the braided man, he pulled out a large plastic bag, holding it up for Duo to see.
 
"Look what I brought you.", he whispered, Duo not bothering to turn and look at him, "You want it?"
 
Glancing at the contents inside, Duo reached for it, but Heero quickly moved it out of his grasp.
 
"You know the deal.", Heero said with a smirk.
 
Duo scoffed as he reached into the pocket of his jeans, pulling out a hundred dollar bill.
 
"This is all I have. Now give me the shit before I fucking kick your ass for it."
 
Taking the hundred, Heero hesitated in giving the bag to the braided man in front of him.
 
"I paid three hundred for this shit.", he informed him, Duo groaning, "I'm going to need more than this."
 
Standing Duo tried to grab the bag, but Heero was too fast for him.
 
"What the fuck do you want?", he asked still trying to grab the drugs, "I don't have any thing else to give you."
 
Smirking Heero pulled Duo closer by the hem of his jeans.
 
"I think I know what you can do."
 
Duo pulled away, violet eyes glaring down at his friend.
 
"No. I'm not in the mood.", he refused.
 
"Then just fucking suck my dick.", Heero growled leaning back into the couch, "It doesn't matter to me."
 
"I'm not sucking your fucking dick. Just give me my fucking money back, I'll go get drunk. Fuck you and your asshole drugs."
 
Holding the money out for Duo, he teased the man for a couple of minutes before finally letting him grab it.
 
"What the fuck bit you in the ass?", Heero asked throwing the drugs at Duo, who caught it and pocketed it.
 
"Other then you earlier today, I'm not sure."
 
He flung the crumpled hundred dollar bill back to Heero, before making his way toward the kitchen, the Japanese following suit. Heero sat at the table, while Duo reached into a cupboard pulling out a two glasses and a bottle of vodka. He had long finished the bourbon, and he didn't even want to touch the Bacardi just yet. He returned to the table, grabbing a joint that his Japanese partner had already started smoking and pulled a drag.
 
"I just gave you your own fucking drugs.", the man objected, scowling back at him.
 
Duo sat, stealing a second draw before handing it back. This, whatever it was, was much stronger then what Heero gave him earlier. He poured the liquor, sliding a glass to Heero.
 
"Where the fuck is Wufei?", Heero asked downing the drink as if it were water.
 
Duo shrugged lighting a joint of his own.
 
"How the fuck should I know.", he said taking a sip from his own drink, "The little bitch had better not come home high."
 
“He's old enough.”, Heero commented, Duo glaring back at him.
 
"What the fuck would you know, Heero?", Duo asked, smoking his joint as if it were a cigarette, "He's under my custody and I say what the hell he does and doesn't do. He's supposed to just go to school and come home. The little slut's probably off getting fucked by some asshole or fucking some bitch. Probably with that Latino fuck I saw him with the other day.”
 
Scoffing Heero reached for the bottle, pouring a full glass of it for himself.
 
"For someone who doesn't care about their half brother, you sure as hell rule him as if you're his father.", the Japanese man mumbled.
 
"Fuck you, Heero! I'm running the little shit's life now and what I say goes. If I want to fucking kick his ass, I'll do it. If I want him home before fucking sunset then he had fucking better have his ass in the house by then. Got it? I don't need fucking parenting advice from an asshole that probably has dozens of fucking kids himself."
 
Heero downed his second glass of vodka, before clipping his joint.
 
"Just because I fucked one girl and got her pregnant does not mean I went and did it to others. Besides she got an abortion, but we're not talking about my life and my problems. We're talking about you, remember?"
 
Shaking his head Duo stood from the table, his own joint being clipped as well.
 
"Fuck my problems. You still want that blow job?"
 
Heero stood with a smirk, leading the braided man upstairs. They could worry about Wufei later.
 
T.B.C.