Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Prisoner of War ❯ Jail Break ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Hey people don't ask; I'm bored. So la di da. Anyway I'm reuploading this fic onto my new account. All notes and stuff will be seriously out of date. Until chapter 19 I think. 1+2+1 later on. This is short and sweet intro kind of thingie. I don't own Gundam wing so don't sue!

Chapter 1

"Yup," Duo grunted in pain. "This is definitely not good."

The pilot of Deathscythe writhed in agony as the heavy metal alloy was crushing his entire body. `One little mistake!' One missed calculation had landed him in big trouble. `That is the last time I'll do that again. Man, how stupid am I, thinking I could come out of that fall unscathed? Damn Oz confederation are cheap bastards. Their mobile suits are so inferior! How did they ever get the idea that these cheap scraps of metal were going to go up against a gundam?'

He struggled, wriggling his body, shying away from the tiny alloy prison. Dried blood caked his chestnut bangs as fresh crimson liquid trickled from his head injury.

"What to do," Duo contemplated nervously. His lack of movement was slowly but surely driving him insane. Muscles twitched for he could not lie still in the contraption. "Isn't this ironic? My only means of escape became the only reason I can't get away," Duo muttered, eyeing the broken monitor murderously. "Dammit!" he growled as metal jabbed into his pale flesh.

Duo recalled the events that had previously occurred that night. He was being held prisoner in a large OZ facility after he had been captured in a mission. Chaos, all hell broke loose within those walls as it was savagely attacked by another rebel pilot, their identity unknown. What he did know was the rebel piloted a similar mobile suit to what was his own. Thankful for the distraction, Duo had formulated a plan to escape.

A blast of a beam cannon shook the walls and metal bars in Duo's section. As a result, the cell almost completely collapsed. He had managed to evade the tumbling plaster and an assortment of falling objects. The confusion further worked his motive. People had failed to recognize the young soldier and allow him access to a vacant Aries. Duo had hoped to escape the chaotic attack, but once again fate had other ideas.

The damn pilot had taken a shot in Duo's direction, sending his Aries to plummet to the ground. As if it weren't enough, the asshole had pushed him off a cliff as well. Now he lied defeated in a jumble of limbs and hair, trapped by the mobile suit. `How am I suppose to get out of this one?' His mind turned desperately for answers.

Suddenly his hatch flew open, revealing a Japanese soldier in its wake. Shadows laced his features but failed to hide a pair of intensely blue eyes. Duo grinned weakly, "Uh……… hi?"

The soldier held no response for the braided boy except a gun pointed directly at Duo's temple. Somehow he knew that the mysterious stranger would not miss his target. "Get out," the command was completely spoken in monotone.

Duo shivered slightly at the rich voice. "Gee if I could don't you think I would have done it by now?" Duo raised his eyebrows.

The other boy did not bother to deliver a decent reply as he easily twisted the metal contraption, freeing Duo. Stunned Duo gingerly crawled out of the cockpit. He looked upon his savior. Shadows no longer darkened his face. Prussian blue eyes were focused on Duo, glacier and unfeeling. He released a sharp intake of air; the eyes were even bluer now. Duo could almost drown in those endless pools of color. Dark brown hair messily spiked `round his head. Taut muscles tensed in his body, covered by tan, Asian skin.

Every fiber in his being screamed of how young the teenager was. Yet one look into those eyes and doubt began to rise. They were too harsh for a fifteen year old boy, almost too cold to even be human.

"Who are you?" Duo managed to choke out at last.

"You are in no position to ask questions," the Japanese youth responded curtly. He grabbed Duo roughly by his thick braid and yanked the boy to follow him.

"Ow! Hey watch it," Duo sent a glare to the boy dragging him along. "Why did you open my hatch anyway?"

The words froze in his lips as he scanned the battlefield. It was left completely barren, no trace of human existence save the stench of charred human flesh and smoke that hung thickly in the air. He was the only survivor. Painful flashbacks played in his brain of the massacre of the Maxwell Church. There he was the lone survivor as well. He remembered it so well, the day that the came. Emotions he thought were long gone coursed through him again. `Why? They all died except me, the only one that did not deserve life. This time those soldiers deserved it. Or did they really? They were only doing their job as did I……… Even torturing me for any morsel of information was part of it. In their position, I would have had to do the same thing.'

Duo was snapped back to reality by he painful squeezing of his arm. He found himself being hurled through a door. Blinking, he looked at where he was. It was a simple unfurnished home besides a few chairs, a bed, and other necessary appliances. A broken rib dug into strands of muscles.

"Shit," he groaned, wincing.

"Who are you?" the stranger inquired.

Duo was about to murmur a lie until he made the mistake of looking up in the teenager's face. Those eyes searched him thoroughly for any indication of false information. He could have lied with ease but now it was too late. "I'm-a prisoner." It wasn't exactly a lie………

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

There goes the beginning of something. Anyway tell me if you want me to continue. I will love it if you give me a review! Questions, comments, suggestions are definitely welcome. Anyway got to go so ciao!